PDA

View Full Version : Will Obamacare require a "health insurance return"?

tailfins
03-20-2012, 12:36 PM
I just did my state taxes and had to file a "health insurance return", complete with forms 1099-HC from each health insurer. You're deemed liable for any month not covered on a 1099-HC. Will Obamacare require an additional annual return? H & R Block will love Obamacare if that's the case. If this reporting mandate gets widespread acceptance, what mandate becomes next? Why stop at annual reporting? The line between a citizen with no criminal cases and a person on probation is becoming blurred.

Wind Song
03-20-2012, 12:40 PM
NPR had a discussion about racism and whether people support health care reform or not. Apparently, they back healthcare dependent on the race of who is selling the plan. Blacks buy it because Obama sold it to them and whites buy it because Clinton sold it too.

tailfins
03-20-2012, 01:29 PM
NPR had a discussion about racism and whether people support health care reform or not. Apparently, they back healthcare dependent on the race of who is selling the plan. Blacks buy it because Obama sold it to them and whites buy it because Clinton sold it too.

Wait until failure to file a health insurance return becomes a probation/parole violation. Those numbers will change. The premise of your discussion is flawed because there is no discussion of those who don't "buy it". Let me guess: NPR believes EVERYBODY supports Obamacare, so the only discussion is WHY different groups support it. :laugh:

Wind Song
03-20-2012, 01:38 PM
Wait until failure to file a health insurance return becomes a probation/parole violation. Those numbers will change. The premise of your discussion is flawed because there is no discussion of those who don't "buy it". Let me guess: NPR believes EVERYBODY supports Obamacare, so the only discussion is WHY different groups support it. :laugh:The NPR premise is that people will buy the ideas put forth by people of their race easier than they will of another race. They are saying that of the Democrats who support healthcare legislation, the ones who were convinced by Clinton are white and the ones convinced by President Obama are black.

They aren't saying EVERYONE supports health care reform.

Consider this. My uninsured friends go abroad for their healthcare. Even with the cost of travel it's cheaper.

Our system of healthcare is flawed.

jimnyc
03-20-2012, 01:51 PM

Agreed, thanks to Obama. This is the way it should be:

Need healthcare - pay for it.
Want to pay less - get insurance.
Can't afford insurance - get a job.

People need to stop placing their hands out and screaming "gimme gimme gimme".

Nukeman
03-20-2012, 01:57 PM
The NPR premise is that people will buy the ideas put forth by people of their race easier than they will of another race. They are saying that of the Democrats who support healthcare legislation, the ones who were convinced by Clinton are white and the ones convinced by President Obama are black.

They aren't saying EVERYONE supports health care reform.

Consider this. My uninsured friends go abroad for their healthcare. Even with the cost of travel it's cheaper.

Our system of healthcare is flawed.Do you know why our helathcare is flawed?? You need to look no further than CMS.. Look them up and look at their policies and how they CHANGE every year and how they pay next to nothing for services..... If you know nothing of CMS, look it up!!!!!

tailfins
03-20-2012, 02:08 PM
Do you know why our helathcare is flawed?? You need to look no further than CMS.. Look them up and look at their policies and how they CHANGE every year and how they pay next to nothing for services..... If you know nothing of CMS, look it up!!!!!

From an IT perspective CMS is a monkey wrench. It's almost as if they've gotten ahold of your database schema and business rules code so they can make a policy that requires re-engineering of multiple enterprise level applications from the ground up.

Nukeman
03-20-2012, 02:12 PM
From an IT perspective CMS is a monkey wrench. It's almost as if they've gotten ahold of your database schema and business rules code so they can make a policy that requires re-engineering of multiple enterprise level applications from the ground up.
Yep. Ohh ya and charging you for the privilege of screwing you, and if you don't like it don't get ANYTHING. People like WS have NO idea what they do and how the mess with the system and cause by their very existence the HUGE rise in healthcare cost....

fj1200
03-20-2012, 03:00 PM

:cough: government :cough:

SassyLady
03-20-2012, 05:15 PM

What is it with you and racism? Are the liberals already ratcheting up the "racism" discussions as a precursor to the elections?

fj1200
03-21-2012, 11:13 AM
What is it with you and racism? Are the liberals already ratcheting up the "racism" discussions as a precursor to the elections?

She's not really talking about racism, she's talking about how Dems are weak minded enough to buy into a failing system of HC reform merely because of the skin color of those it's being sold by. As for me, HC reform sucks no matter who's selling it.