PDA

View Full Version : DiCaprio sheds light on '11th Hour'

stephanie
05-19-2007, 09:37 PM
:rolleyes:

snip:
full article...http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/content_display/film/news/e3i1f890f625ffdd1903ee8bde055a360d1

By Scott Roxborough

May 20, 2007

Nadia Conners, left, and Leonardo Di Caprio (Getty Images photo)
Leonardo DiCaprio sat down with The Hollywood Reporter and a handful of select film publications at the Hotel du Cap in Cannes on Saturday to discuss his upcoming environmental documentary "The 11th Hour." The film, which premiered in a special Out of Competition screening Saturday at the Festival de Cannes, uses a barrage of images and reams of interviews with the world's top environmental scientists to paint a bleak but still optimistic picture of the fate of our planet. "Hour" was directed by sister Nadia Conners and Leila Conners Petersen, who wrote the script with DiCaprio.

What was the most difficult thing for you in making this film?

DiCaprio: Trying to condense the vision of what these scientific experts are saying (about global warming) and trying to make it as clear and as emotionally moving as possible. Trying to condense a world of issues into an hour-and-a-half format in this film was the biggest challenge. But it was about giving them a platform where they didn't have to argue about the science. Because, and I keep stressing this, this is the overwhelming majority of the scientific community that believes in this. Not to have to be challenged about the science, about if their opinions were correct or if their opinions were valid. It was about them being able to express ideas and being able to give us, the public. Listen to the scientists and give us, the public, solutions for the future.

Yurt
05-20-2007, 10:40 AM
:rolleyes:

snip:
full article...http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/content_display/film/news/e3i1f890f625ffdd1903ee8bde055a360d1

By Scott Roxborough

May 20, 2007

Nadia Conners, left, and Leonardo Di Caprio (Getty Images photo)
Leonardo DiCaprio sat down with The Hollywood Reporter and a handful of select film publications at the Hotel du Cap in Cannes on Saturday to discuss his upcoming environmental documentary "The 11th Hour." The film, which premiered in a special Out of Competition screening Saturday at the Festival de Cannes, uses a barrage of images and reams of interviews with the world's top environmental scientists to paint a bleak but still optimistic picture of the fate of our planet. "Hour" was directed by sister Nadia Conners and Leila Conners Petersen, who wrote the script with DiCaprio.

What was the most difficult thing for you in making this film?

DiCaprio: Trying to condense the vision of what these scientific experts are saying (about global warming) and trying to make it as clear and as emotionally moving as possible. Trying to condense a world of issues into an hour-and-a-half format in this film was the biggest challenge. But it was about giving them a platform where they didn't have to argue about the science. Because, and I keep stressing this, this is the overwhelming majority of the scientific community that believes in this. Not to have to be challenged about the science, about if their opinions were correct or if their opinions were valid. It was about them being able to express ideas and being able to give us, the public. Listen to the scientists and give us, the public, solutions for the future.

Is he talking about MSM or his movie?

nevadamedic
05-20-2007, 12:54 PM
Is he talking about MSM or his movie?

MSM? Probably his documentary.

MtnBiker
05-20-2007, 12:58 PM
From the article;

But I was very clear in the movie. I want the public to be very scared by what they see. I want them to see a very bleak future. I want them to feel disillusioned halfway through and feel hopeless. And then when we get into the entire section in the second half when we talk about cultural transformation and a new way of looking at things and the alternatives or green technology and all these things, you realize there is great hope and there are options on the table. And hopefully the audience is moved and galvanized to do something about it. Hopefully.

Fear!!!

Yurt
05-20-2007, 01:44 PM
MSM? Probably his documentary.

It was a joke :coffee: