PDA

View Full Version : Summer Movies..............

nevadamedic
05-19-2007, 11:19 PM
We really need a movie room........ So what movies is everyone planning on seeing the summer? My list is POTC3, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, Transformers and Rush Hour 3.

05-19-2007, 11:28 PM
We really need a movie room........ So what movies is everyone planning on seeing the summer? My list is POTC3, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, Transformers and Rush Hour 3.

Thats wha the Review section is for;)

Ive already seen Spidey 3 and Shrek 3. I plan to see Pirates next week and the others as well. its going to be a good movie summer.

nevadamedic
05-19-2007, 11:35 PM
Thats wha the Review section is for;)

Ive already seen Spidey 3 and Shrek 3. I plan to see Pirates next week and the others as well. its going to be a good movie summer.

I cant wait for Transformers, I remember the old school movie, the old school cartoon graphics, this should be a lot different, I would say better, but that movie is a classic. I haven't even see any of the trailers :( I dont know if I will like the new Harry Potter as they keep leaving a lot out and thats irratating.

05-19-2007, 11:40 PM
I cant wait for Transformers, I remember the old school movie, the old school cartoon graphics, this should be a lot different, I would say better, but that movie is a classic. I haven't even see any of the trailers :( I dont know if I will like the new Harry Potter as they keep leaving a lot out and thats irratating.

they both look good.

Said1
05-19-2007, 11:42 PM

The Transformers? As in "Robot in Disguise". :laugh2:

nevadamedic
05-19-2007, 11:43 PM
The Transformers? As in "Robot in Disguise". :laugh2:

Yup

JLO
05-20-2007, 12:44 AM
Yeah all of those look good! But I have not seen previiews to Rush hour 3 though. I am especially looking foward to Harry Potter and Pirates!

nevadamedic
05-20-2007, 12:46 AM
Yeah all of those look good! But I have not seen previiews to Rush hour 3 though. I am especially looking foward to Harry Potter and Pirates!

Wow, and you have good taste in movies, im amazed.

05-20-2007, 01:10 AM
One of the best scenes from spidey (Spoiler)

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/vR24ogudQ08"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/vR24ogudQ08" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

nevadamedic
05-20-2007, 01:12 AM
One of the best scenes from spidey (Spoiler)

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/vR24ogudQ08"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/vR24ogudQ08" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

I never liked any of the Spiderman movies...........

05-20-2007, 01:13 AM
I never liked any of the Spiderman movies...........

Blasphemy! Burn witch, Burn!

nevadamedic
05-20-2007, 01:26 AM
Blasphemy! Burn witch, Burn!

No.

nevadamedic
05-20-2007, 02:07 AM

Me ~~> :suck: <~~ JLO

KitchenKitten99
05-20-2007, 10:24 AM

Transformers?? Good God...Maybe your online name should be "Elias"?

And the reason they keep leaving a lot out of HP is because they are taking a 600+ page novel and trying to cram it into 2.5 hours, which is pretty long as it is.

Summer movies for me:
Shrek 3 (saw it last night though)
Pirates 3
Simpsons movie
HP & OotP
Rattatoulle
License to Wed
Knocked Up

I'm gonna wait for Spider man 3 on DVD. I wasn't impressed with the 2nd one.

nevadamedic
05-20-2007, 11:21 AM
Transformers?? Good God...Maybe your online name should be "Elias"?

And the reason they keep leaving a lot out of HP is because they are taking a 600+ page novel and trying to cram it into 2.5 hours, which is pretty long as it is.

Summer movies for me:
Shrek 3 (saw it last night though)
Pirates 3
Simpsons movie
HP & OotP
Rattatoulle
License to Wed
Knocked Up

I'm gonna wait for Spider man 3 on DVD. I wasn't impressed with the 2nd one.

Elias? A talented writer could get a lot of it in there, or they could make the movies longer, im sure noone would mind.

nevadamedic
05-20-2007, 01:09 PM
When's the Simpsons coming out?

KitchenKitten99
05-20-2007, 01:23 PM
When's the Simpsons coming out?

july 27

KitchenKitten99
05-20-2007, 01:30 PM
Elias?
http://viewaskew.com/kevin/clerks2/elias.jpg

nevadamedic
05-20-2007, 10:59 PM
Is there anyother sequils coming out this year? Do you think they will make anymore Pirates of the Carribbean movies or Star Wars?

nevadamedic
05-20-2007, 11:54 PM
They have Shrek the 3rd glasses at McDonalds.

Monkeyfoot
05-21-2007, 12:04 AM
They only let you buy one pattern a week. Its pretty lame.

nevadamedic
05-21-2007, 12:43 AM
They only let you buy one pattern a week. Its pretty lame.

Lame-o

KitchenKitten99
05-21-2007, 12:02 PM
Do you think they will make anymore Pirates of the Carribbean movies
not likely. The original wasn't intended to have any sequels, but apparently there was enough interest amongst the public and even the cast. Watch the special features on the "Dead Man's Chest", and it will tell you all about it.

Hagbard Celine
05-21-2007, 12:11 PM
Saw Hot Fuzz this weekend. Hilarious. I recommend--especially if you liked Shawn of the Dead.

dan
05-21-2007, 12:13 PM
not likely. The original wasn't intended to have any sequels, but apparently there was enough interest amongst the public and even the cast. Watch the special features on the "Dead Man's Chest", and it will tell you all about it.

But, didn't they shoot parts 2 and 3 simultaneously, since it was intended to be a trilogy? I thought I read that somewhere. Maybe not.

On a sidenote, am I the only one who doesn't care about the Shrek movies? The first one was okay, the second, which I only watched about half of, did pretty much nothing for me. As far as I can tell, they should call it Shrek 3: The Quest for More Cash. As though there are any Part 3's (other than those in trilogies) that aren't about getting more money.

That, and I hate Eddie Murphy's WACKY AND LOUD!!!!!!!!!!!!! voice work.

Hagbard Celine
05-21-2007, 12:15 PM
But, didn't they shoot parts 2 and 3 simultaneously, since it was intended to be a trilogy? I thought I read that somewhere. Maybe not.

On a sidenote, am I the only one who doesn't care about the Shrek movies? The first one was okay, the second, which I only watched about half of, did pretty much nothing for me. As far as I can tell, they should call it Shrek 3: The Quest for More Cash. As though there are any Part 3's (other than those in trilogies) that aren't about getting more money.

That, and I hate Eddie Murphy's WACKY AND LOUD!!!!!!!!!!!!! voice work.

I agree with you on Shrek. And don't think I didn't catch the reference to Spaceballs. ;)

dan
05-21-2007, 12:16 PM
Also, the only movies I'm really interested in seeing this summer are Knocked Up and The Ten. I expect I'll see Transformers, too, just because it looks like the kind of thing you need to see on a screen, but I really hate Michael Bay so much. I'm torn.

I was interested in Live Free or Die Hard until I found out it's going to be rated PG-13. You know, because lots of 13, 14 year old kids really give a crap about Bruce Willis or John McClane.

dan
05-21-2007, 12:18 PM
I agree with you on Shrek. And don't think I didn't catch the reference to Spaceballs. ;)

I was hoping someone would!:laugh2:

"We ain't found shit!"

dan
05-21-2007, 12:19 PM
Saw Hot Fuzz this weekend. Hilarious. I recommend--especially if you liked Shawn of the Dead.

Agreed, very funny.

Hagbard Celine
05-21-2007, 12:23 PM
I was hoping someone would!:laugh2:

"We ain't found shit!"

"Keep-firing-Assholes!" :laugh:

KitchenKitten99
05-21-2007, 01:32 PM

They did shoot #2 & 3 at the same time, however it wasn't intended to be a trilogy, or have any sequels for that matter. They decided to film both #2 & 3 to shorten the actor and crew time commitments. This is what the director said on the 'behind the scenes' section.

In the special features, even the people who did the costumes and set building had to go to great lengths to recreate everything to exactly what it was before, because they didn't keep everything intact.

dan
05-21-2007, 02:25 PM
Oh, I see. But, aren't they still intending 3 to be the last one?

KitchenKitten99
05-21-2007, 06:10 PM

yes. the director said that a 4th would be overkill. Plus the ending of the 3rd one apparently makes it impossible for a 4th.

dan
05-22-2007, 12:12 PM
yes. the director said that a 4th would be overkill. Plus the ending of the 3rd one apparently makes it impossible for a 4th.

Does Jack Sparrow give up rum?;)

nevadamedic
05-22-2007, 09:36 PM
I just bought Catch and Release, Music and Lyrics, Half Past Dead 2, Epic Movie, Man of the Year, Alpha Dog, Night at the Museum, Man About Town, Tenacious D and the Pick of Destiny, Gridiron Gang, Open Season, The Wild, Over the Hedge, Accepted, The Devil Wears Prada, Dejavu, Little Man, The Texas Chainsaw Massacre"The Beginning", Thank you for Smoking, See No Evil, Talladega Nights, School for Scoundrels, Zoom: The Academy for Super Heroes, Beverly Hills 90210 Seasons 1 and 2, Melrose Place seasons 1 and 2 and That 70's Show Season 6. Are any of these any good? Ive already put them with the 700 movies that ive bought that I haven't seen yet and about 80 tv shows on dvd that I haven't seen yet.. All together I have over 4,500 dvds in general, they are my passion.

Abbey Marie
05-22-2007, 11:46 PM
I just bought Catch and Release, Music and Lyrics, Half Past Dead 2, Epic Movie, Man of the Year, Alpha Dog, Night at the Museum, Man About Town, Tenacious D and the Pick of Destiny, Gridiron Gang, Open Season, The Wild, Over the Hedge, Accepted, The Devil Wears Prada, Dejavu, Little Man, The Texas Chainsaw Massacre"The Beginning", Thank you for Smoking, See No Evil, Talladega Nights, School for Scoundrels, Zoom: The Academy for Super Heroes, Beverly Hills 90210 Seasons 1 and 2, Melrose Place seasons 1 and 2 and That 70's Show Season 6. Are any of these any good? Ive already put them with the 700 movies that ive bought that I haven't seen yet and about 80 tv shows on dvd that I haven't seen yet.. All together I have over 4,500 dvds in general, they are my passion.

Do you have Season 1 of Jack Of All Trades? It's hysterical.

nevadamedic
05-22-2007, 11:50 PM

I saw an interview with Orlando Bloom and he said they are considering another 3 because the the success the first two have been so far.

nevadamedic
05-22-2007, 11:52 PM
Do you have Season 1 of Jack Of All Trades? It's hysterical.

No, who is in it, what is it about? If you like funny TV shows you might want to buy Dharma and Gregg season 1, it is so darn funny! It has Jenna Elfman in it as one of the main characters. I think it's even under $20.00 at Best Buy.

dan
05-23-2007, 10:37 AM
I saw an interview with Orlando Bloom and he said they are considering another 3 because the the success the first two have been so far.

I liked 1 & 2, I'm expecting to like 3, so I'd definitely give them a chance with another 3, as long as they had Johnny Depp again.

Abbey Marie
05-23-2007, 12:32 PM
No, who is in it, what is it about?...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0220906/

nevadamedic
05-23-2007, 07:05 PM
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0220906/

I just went out today and bought Alone With Her, Courage Under Fire, Hunted, Hood Copz, Blackbeard the Complete Miniseries, I dont know I mentioned Epic Movie earlier but I got that too, The OC Season 4 and The Girls Next Door Season 2. Like I said I just really love movies. I now have almost 800 DVD's that ive bought and haven't seen yet. I buy all the the new movies every Tuesday(that is the day all new media items get released, and when I say media im talking movies, musc and video games). I just hate watching movie alone for the first time, sounds stupid :(

dan
05-24-2007, 10:25 AM
I just hate watching movie alone for the first time, sounds stupid :(

I know what you mean. I'm the other way, though, I'd rather watch a movie alone the first time I watch it, unless it's a comedy. Too much talking otherwise.

nevadamedic
05-25-2007, 12:47 AM
I know what you mean. I'm the other way, though, I'd rather watch a movie alone the first time I watch it, unless it's a comedy. Too much talking otherwise.

Well not really to much talking if your watching it with s special someone :)

dan
05-25-2007, 08:22 AM
Well not really to much talking if your watching it with s special someone

Now, this is true! Unfortunately, my friends that I go see movies with are "special" in the other sense.

nevadamedic
05-25-2007, 10:50 AM
Now, this is true! Unfortunately, my friends that I go see movies with are "special" in the other sense.

Yea, same here. kinda sucks :(

theHawk
05-25-2007, 10:57 AM
I'm just waiting for Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer. The previews look awesome, looks like they are doing it right.
Other than that just Transformers and Die Hard.

dan
05-25-2007, 11:58 AM
Anyone excited for Sicko? :tinfoil:

nevadamedic
07-16-2007, 09:44 PM
I'm just waiting for Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer. The previews look awesome, looks like they are doing it right.
Other than that just Transformers and Die Hard.

So did those movies youo were waiting for live up to your expectations?