PDA

View Full Version : Hollywood's worst-kept secret has finally been revealed

Little-Acorn
03-22-2012, 04:47 PM
Shucks, I never would have guessed.

-------------------------------------------------

http://www.10news.com/news/30741519/detail.html?treets=sand&tml=sand_natlbreak&ts=T&tmi=sand_natlbreak_1_04410203222012

Coroner: Cocaine Contributed To Houston's Death

22 March 2012

The cause of singer Whitney Houston's death was drowning and the "effects of atherosclerotic heart disease and cocaine use," the Los Angeles County coroner's office said Thursday.

She was found dead last month in the bathtub of her hotel room in Beverly Hills, Calif.

jimnyc
03-22-2012, 07:05 PM
At least that's the official headline on Drudge. The LA Times explains it a little more eloquently:

Whitney Houston: Cocaine worsened heart problems, officials saySinger Whitney Houston's use of cocaine "exacerbated her heart condition" and played a role in her accidental drowning in the bathtub of a Beverly Hills hotel suite, Los Angeles County Chief Coroner Craig Harvey said.

The long-awaited autopsy results were released Thursday after weeks of intense speculation over how the 48-year-old pop star died. It marks another high-profile Hollywood death connected to drug use, coming less than three years after Michael Jackson died suddenly at his Holmby Hills mansion. Jackson’s death resulted from intoxication involving a powerful sedative, and his doctor was later convicted of involuntary manslaughter.

Houston had battled with drug addiction for years, and the coroner’s office found traces of several drugs, including marijuana, the anti-anxiety drug Xanax, the muscle relaxant Flexeril and Benadryl in her system. But the coroner’s office concluded that those drugs were not connected to her death.

Cocaine did play a role, though officials said they were still trying to determine how much cocaine was in her system.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2012/03/whitney-houston-cocaine-worsened-heart-problems-officials-say.html

jimnyc
03-22-2012, 07:19 PM
I had to merge my own thread into this on from LA - because apparently I was too stupid to see the story had been posted already!

Anton Chigurh
03-22-2012, 07:25 PM
I seen it but didn't say nuthin.

Mr. P
03-22-2012, 09:17 PM
I seen it but didn't say nuthin.

Hey, don't ever pass up the opportunity to slap this Buffoon around. Just sayin.

Wanna buy a $100 T-shirt? :laugh:

jimnyc
03-23-2012, 06:01 PM
Hey, don't ever pass up the opportunity to slap this Buffoon around. Just sayin.

Wanna buy a $100 T-shirt? :laugh:

I hate you!

Mr. P
03-24-2012, 10:24 AM
I hate you!

:laugh: Well, at least I didn't tell the story. Geeezzzz :laugh: