PDA

View Full Version : A question about a Florida law

gabosaurus
03-28-2012, 12:17 AM
Let's say I am pretty pissed at Nukeman, so I get a gun and go looking for him. When I find him, I call him out and add a few choice epithets about his family. Nukeman gets upset and comes to confront me. Can I shoot him and claim self defense? Certainly he can't contest my side of the story.

DragonStryk72
03-28-2012, 01:43 AM
Let's say I am pretty pissed at Nukeman, so I get a gun and go looking for him. When I find him, I call him out and add a few choice epithets about his family. Nukeman gets upset and comes to confront me. Can I shoot him and claim self defense? Certainly he can't contest my side of the story.

Well, that sorta depends on how well you do at shooting him, I imagine.

SassyLady
03-28-2012, 01:48 AM

You can claim anything you want ... but I doubt that you'll ever get the drop on Nukeman so it's a moot point.

logroller
03-28-2012, 03:41 AM

When nukeman "confronts" you, if he yells at you and tells you what apiece of crap you are, then no; if he punches you in the face and bashes your head into the sidewalk-- then yes! You, uh, see the difference there?

darin
03-28-2012, 04:25 AM
When nukeman "confronts" you, if he yells at you and tells you what apiece of crap you are, then no; if he punches you in the face and bashes your head into the sidewalk-- then yes! You, uh, see the difference there?

You're wasting your effort trying to force reason upon the willfully-ignorant.

logroller
03-28-2012, 05:29 AM
You're wasting your effort trying to force reason upon the willfully-ignorant.

'Tis mine to waste...but I remain optimistic.:cool:

Nukeman
03-28-2012, 07:09 AM
If I attacked you than you would be within your rights to defend your self, however there is this thing call "premeditation"

1. The act of speculating, arranging, or plotting in advance.
2. Law The contemplation of a crime well enough in advance to show deliberate intent to commit the crime; forethought.

Now if you went looking for me specificly than you have a problem, however if you are part of a neighbourhood watch than you are not actively seeking any single individual you are looking for trouble makers in general.

So if you are looking for a specific person with the intent to do harm that is premeditated and not a happenstance... There is a difference.

Zimmerman did not go out for the night and say "I am looking for Trayvon Martin" he was part of a watch program that looked for suspecious behaviour.... See the difference??

MtnBiker
03-28-2012, 10:13 AM
Hmmm, a couple of questions. Does Nukeman look anything like a possible son of Obama? Would you copyright Nukeman's name? How much of a bounty would the Black Panthers put on your head? Do you think Al Sharpton would lead a protest march against your shooting of Nukeman and then "report" about it on his "news" show on MSNBC?

Come to think of it, if you want to shoot somebody it would be much easier to do a drive by in an inner city neighborhood in Detroit, then you wouldn't get any attention.

gabosaurus
03-28-2012, 10:26 AM
In your haste to make cute, snarky responses, you people are missing the point of the question.
My story is that I acted in self defense. Nukeman, being dead (not that I would ever want Nukeman dead), is not available to tell his side of the story. There are no eyewitnesses.

To answer Mt. Biker's question: I, being a cute young white girl, would obviously be thrown a parade for shooting the evil, crusty right-wing Nukeman. And I would be showered with requests to take out some of the rest of you. :cool:

MtnBiker
03-28-2012, 10:31 AM
To answer Mt. Biker's question: I, being a cute young white girl, would obviously be thrown a parade for shooting the evil, crusty right-wing Nukeman. And I would be showered with requests to take out some of the rest of you. :cool:

Depends on how the MSM would bais the story. It would be simple, find some congenial picture of Nukeman smiling and compare to a picture of you snarling.

logroller
03-28-2012, 10:37 AM
In your haste to make cute, snarky responses, you people are missing the point of the question.
My story is that I acted in self defense. Nukeman, being dead (not that I would ever want Nukeman dead), is not available to tell his side of the story. There are no eyewitnesses.

I wasn't being snarky. Guess DMP was right about it being a waste of my effort, and you've proven to me an optimist is never pleasantly surprised. :slap:

fj1200
03-28-2012, 11:29 AM

Your story isn't even self defense.

It's that you killed him in cold-blooded, premeditated murder after he "confronted" you. You never stated that your life was in danger nor provided evidence that you were assaulted.

I, being a cute young white girl... :cool:

Will be very popular in big-girl prison. :cool:

Nukeman
03-28-2012, 01:09 PM

See now that just hurts. I am far from "crusty" and I am NOT a "right wing" more libertarian. Evil??? not me I am actually a pretty easy going person. I will however stand my ground if confronted and I will defend myself and family at all cost.

By the way it is pretty hard to keep a story consistant if you are making it up. So if unless your some type os sociopath you will more than likely trip yourself up in the telling and retelling and retelling of your story to the police..... Just as this is unfolding with Zimmerman in FL if he is lying it will come out when he trips himself up, however if he is telling the truth the stories rarely deviate much from the base telling.....

tailfins
03-28-2012, 01:12 PM

Ask Casey Anthony. She has a pretty successful track record of beating the Florida justice system.

So if unless your some type of sociopath you will more than likely trip yourself ....

Gabby has that base covered!

logroller
03-28-2012, 02:08 PM
Ask Casey Anthony. She has a pretty successful track record of beating the Florida justice system.

No shit. I'm guessing Anthony and Zimmerman can be roommates in hiding.

03-28-2012, 11:57 PM
If you get pissed at Nukeman and go out looking for him with a gun, there is no way in hades you acted in self-defense. That was premeditated murder. Standing your ground law doesnt apply.