PDA

View Full Version : I'm so sad.

Wind Song
03-28-2012, 04:19 PM
I may have to put my dog down today.

jimnyc
03-28-2012, 04:22 PM
What's wrong with him/her? That really, really sucks and I'm sorry you're going to have to deal with this. I don't think I could do so for my dog, even when it's in his best interest. Our pets are part of our lives, and the closer you are with them, the harder it is to deal with.

What kind of dog? How old?

Abbey Marie
03-28-2012, 04:23 PM
Sorry, Wind Song. That's so hard.

Wind Song
03-28-2012, 04:36 PM
Daisy is an eleven year old basset hound. She has a lot of miles on her. She was a rescue animal. She'd been abused when we got her. She was three and had been bred three times in a puppy mill. The previous owner tried giving her to a basset hound rescue place, but they wouldn't accept her because she was heart worm positive. I guess once she was heart worm positive she was no longer worth anything.

The owner then dumped her in the woods, and as bad as Daisy had been treated, she kept returning to the place she'd been dumped.

She was only 38 pounds when we got her, and she was in a lot of pain. She was too sick for heartworm treatment, so we opted for giving her the preventative, (which killed the babies) and letting the adult worm live in her for two years. She has a bullet in her leg, but the vet said it didn't need to be removed.

Daisy has been losing the use of her right rear leg for some time. We bought her a "wheelchair" adaptive cart, but she hasn't taken to it very well. Now she is losing the left leg too.

The last two days she's been off her food. I managed to get her outside so she could pee and poop but she soils herself in the process.

We are Buddhist, and it goes against Buddhist beliefs to euthanize.

I've been crying most of the afternoon. My wife is meeting me at the vet's in an hour and we're getting an eval and options.

It broke my heart to put her in the car. She thinks she's going someplace. I don't know how it will go, whether today's the day, but I'm willing to take the negative karma on if it's better for her.

Abbey Marie
03-28-2012, 04:38 PM
Whatever happens, Daisy was blessed that you and she found each other.

Wind Song
03-28-2012, 04:42 PM
Whatever happens, Daisy was blessed that you and she found each other.

She's a lot like me. Has a mind of her own, a greedy appetite and a stubborn streak. She is very sweet though. She was totally withdrawn when we got her and she's been a real love muffin ever since.

logroller
03-28-2012, 05:03 PM
So sorry to hear about your dog. I've always been intrigued with eastern beliefs; never studied them really, but I've developed an understanding about life and death that involves how energy transcends them both-- everlasting. That the love and happiness which you have shared with your four legged friend shall transcend any bad-- sort of a karma utilitarianism. Whatever you decide, love and kindness always prevails, even through mercy... ALWAYS!

Anton Chigurh
03-28-2012, 06:00 PM
That's harder than Chinese algebra. Had to do it too a few times and it's never easy.

darin
03-28-2012, 06:02 PM
Ugh. That kinda pain feels like a horse kick to the legumes. Rough. When we put-down our cat it came down to this: Prolonging his live was more for OUR sake than his. We had to make the hard choice. I cried for hours and hours. :(

Anton Chigurh
03-28-2012, 06:09 PM
Ugh. That kinda pain feels like a horse kick to the legumes. Rough. When we put-down our cat it came down to this: Prolonging his live was more for OUR sake than his. We had to make the hard choice. I cried for hours and hours. :(That's really what it's about - am I doing this (keeping them alive and suffering) chiefly for my benefit? Unfortunately we can't ask them their idea on it, but of course the animal would choose to live no matter what. Their entire instinct is to live.

In fact I don't think they even know they are eventually going to die. That dubious knowledge is limited to we humans.

Wind Song
03-28-2012, 07:15 PM
Update: Daisy's vet gave her a cortisone shot, upped her pain meds, and sent her home with two other medications. We talked about her options.

We'll take it one day at time. Today isn't her day to die.

Thank you, ALL of you for your kindness.

ConHog
03-28-2012, 09:04 PM
That sux. We just had a dog and a cat of the family put down. My daughter and nice (both 6) both cried for hours on end. VEry sad.

Wind Song
03-29-2012, 12:08 PM
Daisy's ambulation was slightly better today. She's still not eating.

Wind Song
04-09-2012, 11:40 AM
Today's the day Daisy goes over the Rainbow Bridge. We have an appointment this afternoon.

Jim is a fucking insensitive asshole.

Why don't you ban me on this thread too, Jim.

jimnyc
04-09-2012, 12:05 PM
Today's the day Daisy goes over the Rainbow Bridge. We have an appointment this afternoon.

Jim is a fucking insensitive asshole.

Why don't you ban me on this thread too, Jim.

I think it's horrible that you have to deal with this. I have said many times, I know someday I'll have to do this with my 2 best friends. I'm hoping they'll go naturally, in their sleep, as I really don't think I can make that decision and walk out of the vets office calmly. I'm going to look like a 40 something wuss.

And look, I know this is tough to deal with, I really do. You won't find a bigger animal lover than I. I'd own my own zoo if I could. But me wanting threads to stay on topic is not insensitive. YOU are overly sensitive today, which is understandable, but it's not my fault, WS. You need to take a deep breath sometimes and realize that people here you're posting with aren't out to get you. We may disagree, and be sarcastic, but you'll notice that in threads like this that you will get nothing but support from our community.

Abbey Marie
04-09-2012, 01:21 PM
I'm so sorry, WS.

I strongly urge you to visit this site today; it really helped us:

http://aplb.org/index.html

Wind Song
04-09-2012, 02:56 PM
I think it's horrible that you have to deal with this. I have said many times, I know someday I'll have to do this with my 2 best friends. I'm hoping they'll go naturally, in their sleep, as I really don't think I can make that decision and walk out of the vets office calmly. I'm going to look like a 40 something wuss.

And look, I know this is tough to deal with, I really do. You won't find a bigger animal lover than I. I'd own my own zoo if I could. But me wanting threads to stay on topic is not insensitive. YOU are overly sensitive today, which is understandable, but it's not my fault, WS. You need to take a deep breath sometimes and realize that people here you're posting with aren't out to get you. We may disagree, and be sarcastic, but you'll notice that in threads like this that you will get nothing but support from our community.

Thank you for this note. I shouldn't be posting on days that I feel so bad. My apologies to you. I really don't care if you ban me.

Wind Song
04-09-2012, 07:19 PM
I'm sorry to all of you. I'm sad and angry about my dog dying today. It's not any of your fault, yet I feel like fighting. I won't post anymore today.

Wind Song
04-09-2012, 07:51 PM
to Daisy.

Dilloduck
04-09-2012, 07:54 PM
and Mr. Chips.

jimnyc
04-09-2012, 07:56 PM
RIP, Daisy, and say hello to all the other pups and kitties for me!

Wind Song
04-09-2012, 07:58 PM
and Mr. Chips.

C'mon dillo. You could care less if my dog died.

Trigg
04-09-2012, 08:15 PM
Sorry to hear about your dog.

I know I will be a complete mess when my 14yr old Australian Shepherd finally goes. He has a bad hip, is loosing his hearing and has cataracts. But he looks pretty good for his age, we know we're blessed to have him for however much longer he has.

I know you don't want to see your dog suffer, so putting Daisy down was a brave thing for you to do.

Wind Song
04-09-2012, 08:18 PM
Sorry to hear about your dog.

I know I will be a complete mess when my 14yr old Australian Shepherd finally goes. He has a bad hip, is loosing his hearing and has cataracts. But he looks pretty good for his age, we know we're blessed to have him for however much longer he has.

I know you don't want to see your dog suffer, so putting Daisy down was a brave thing for you to do.

TY Trigg.

Putting Daisy down was HUGE for a Buddhist. I don't care if people think I'm an asshole for getting drunk, but it's the only way I could get to my tears. I've been too busy saying spiritual practices for her. My wife cried right away, but I'm the kind of woman that took six month before I could cry over my dad's suicide.

I don't care if people think I'm a jerk. I am so sad and I miss her.

Kathianne
04-09-2012, 08:21 PM
TY Trigg.

Putting Daisy down was HUGE for a Buddhist. I don't care if people think I'm an asshole for getting drunk, but it's the only way I could get to my tears. I've been too busy saying spiritual practices for her. My wife cried right away, but I'm the kind of woman that took six month before I could cry over my dad's suicide.

I'm sorry for the loss of your dog. However, please remember our initial encounters here, the reason you are so hostile towards me.

http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?31838-Questioning-the-Muzzie-Haters-Not-Allowed&p=478704#post478704

Trigg
04-09-2012, 08:22 PM
TY Trigg.

Putting Daisy down was HUGE for a Buddhist. I don't care if people think I'm an asshoe for getting drunk, but it's the only way I could get to my tears. I've been too busy saying spiritual practices for her.

I don't think you're an asshole for getting drunk, just about everyone has done that.

Next time you may want to take a break from posting though. Raw emotions, alcohol and a political forum is a bad combination.

I hope you feel better tomorrow

Wind Song
04-09-2012, 08:23 PM
I'm sorry for the loss of your dog. However, please remember our initial encounters here, the reason you are so hostile towards me.

http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?31838-Questioning-the-Muzzie-Haters-Not-Allowed&p=478704#post478704

Look Kathianne. You picked on me the second I got here. I wanted to get some space from the former forum and you insisted on making that all about the new forum.

Just leave me alone tonight.

You're not my friend, and you could less if my dog died tonight.

I'm fine about that. Go hang out with didlo.

Wind Song
04-09-2012, 08:25 PM
I don't think you're an asshole for getting drunk, just about everyone has done that.

Next time you may want to take a break from posting though. Raw emotions, alcohol and a political forum is a bad combination.

I hope you feel better tomorrow

I'm human. I've had some major losses in my life and my dear dog is only one of them.

Tommorow is a new day. From what I can tell, people are ready to let me have it for losing it tonight.

Kathianne
04-09-2012, 08:26 PM
Look Kathianne. You picked on me the second I got here. I wanted to get some space from the former forum and you insisted on making that all about the new forum.

Just leave me alone tonight.

You're not my friend, and you could less if my dog died tonight.

I'm fine about that. Go hang out with didlo.

Yet you are on that other site, getting the same push back. Why? You are a professional victim and martyr, self-proclaimed at that.

Dilloduck
04-09-2012, 08:26 PM

and Good Bye, Columbus.

Wind Song
04-09-2012, 08:30 PM
and Good Bye, Columbus.

You are one of the most hard assed men I've ever met on-line. I'm sure Kathy and Chloe like you, but you creep me out totally.

Dilloduck
04-09-2012, 08:31 PM
You are one of the most hard assed men I've ever met on-line. I'm sure Kathy and Chloe like you, but you creep me out totally.

Boderline personality

Wind Song
04-09-2012, 08:31 PM
Yet you are on that other site, getting the same push back. Why? You are a professional victim and martyr, self-proclaimed at that.

Nope. I'm just a woman who lost her dog today. You think that makes you superior? That's on you.

Wind Song
04-09-2012, 08:39 PM
Boderline personality

You're wrong about my diagnosis and you can't spell. I have PTSD. I have depression and anxiety disorder. You are the coldest man on the forum that I've ever met. I feel so sorry for anyone you've treated as a professional.

All you're out for is a fuck.

Dilloduck
04-09-2012, 08:42 PM
You're wrong about my diagnosis and you can't spell. I have PTSD. I have depression and anxiety disorder. You are the coldest man on the forum that I've ever met. I feel so sorry for anyone you've treated as a professional.

All you're out for is a fuck.

How do you know that I wasn't diagnosing myself?

Do yourself a favor and take a break. You're out of control.

Kathianne
04-09-2012, 08:48 PM
Nope. I'm just a woman who lost her dog today. You think that makes you superior? That's on you.

Nope, for being what you claim you got lots of support. Your problem is it didn't carry over to your insane stances on a myriad of issues.

You are a tool.

Wind Song
04-09-2012, 08:49 PM
How do you know that I wasn't diagnosing myself?

Do yourself a favor and take a break. You're out of control.

I'm not out of control. I'm grieving. It's a basic human emotion. If you were human, you'd know what it meant.

Wind Song
04-09-2012, 08:50 PM
Nope, for being what you claim you got lots of support. Your problem is it didn't carry over to your insane stances on a myriad of issues.

You are a tool.

You are one cold human being. Go fuck didlo. You deserve each other.

You want me to suffer more than I already do. I get it.

Kathianne
04-09-2012, 08:51 PM
I'm not out of control. I'm grieving. It's a basic human emotion. If you were human, you'd know what it meant.

Problem here, we're mostly adults here. We know grieving. You are using a pet that you put down today, that isn't on Jim or anyone else, that is on you.

Kathianne
04-09-2012, 08:54 PM
You are one cold human being. Go fuck didlo. You deserve each other.

No shock here or several forums, we detest each other. Our common ground may be an acknowledgment that you use the pet you put down to try to garner support in sympathy of your lame and illogical reasonings.

You are a buddhist? Give me a freaking break. You are a piss poor example of a new ager, which you fail at.

Wind Song
04-09-2012, 08:54 PM
Problem here, we're mostly adults here. We know grieving. You are using a pet that you put down today, that isn't on Jim or anyone else,

that is on you.

I see. You want me to suffer more than I already do. I get it.

Kathianne
04-09-2012, 09:04 PM
I see. You want me to suffer more than I already do. I get it.

Using your 'dear' Daisy? Yep, that is on you.

DragonStryk72
04-09-2012, 09:05 PM

This is Abuelita (Little Grandmother), my sister's pomeranian. Heather first met Abue when she was working as a Vet Tech, and the little thing was brought in to be put down. Apparently, her owner had left the dog living in a bathtub, which caused a break in it's front right paw (You'll see it's crooked in the pic), making it lame, she couldn't even bark due to her abuse, couldn't walk on any surface without traction (like say the tile coating of a bathtub), could barely stand period. She was 14 years old, and Heather had to fill out her death certificate.

That was the day Heather took Abue home, and began doing physical therapy on her. I'm not kidding, she literally rigged water therapy for this dog, with Abue suspended from a harness over the tub, filled with warm water, and wearing a little dog life vest to strength her legs. She got every one of her shots up to date, and bought the special dog food required for Abuelita's diet. She was weak for a long time, and got sick constantly, but cheerful, and heather continued to work, taking a second job to afford keeping Abue. My father thought she'd lost her fucking mind, and really, she did, but that's Heather. She's tough as nails, but she protective of the downtrodden.

This is Heather btw:

That's her second job working the bar at Bruckner's Bar & Grill in Brooklyn. So Heather's pushing herself, and I think she was at the raw edge, when the most amazing thing happened: Abuelita stood up shakily, and honked at her. Not a bark, a honk, wagging her tail the whole time, but it was far more than anyone could have expected from her. From there, Abuelita started getting stronger, and became able to walk, though never on tractionless surfaces, and scared the crap outta me one day when she got her bark back. Abuelita celebrate her 15th birthday (celebrated on the date of the Death Certificate), 16th, 17th, 18th, and 19th birthdays. Many people took solace in Abue's story, which of course got told repeatedly. As her buddy Ethan noted, "The dog's a chick magnet!" (After which, he never again minded sitting for the dog).

Last year, however, Abuelita passed away at 19 years old, and Heather was a complete wreck. We'd all known it was coming, although we'd believed it would come much sooner, but Heather was able to take solace in the fact that Abue's last day had been warm, with someone who loved her, and fed her, and took care of her.

The point of this is here, Wind Song: Daisy may have died today, but she died having someone who loved her, who fed her and petted her on a regular basis, who honestly cared about her. You did all, and the best you could have done by her.

Wind Song
04-09-2012, 09:08 PM
No shock here or several forums, we detest each other. Our common ground may be an acknowledgment that you use the pet you put down to try to garner support in sympathy of your lame and illogical reasonings.

You are a buddhist? Give me a freaking break. You are a piss poor example of a new ager, which you fail at.

You haven't a kind bone in your body. If you think I'm vulnerable you want to get me.

Go fuck didlo.

Wind Song
04-09-2012, 09:09 PM
Using your 'dear' Daisy? Yep, that is on you.

Daisy died today. Does that make you happy? Fuck you.

Kathianne
04-09-2012, 09:19 PM
Daisy died today. Does that make you happy? Fuck you.

Not one person on this forum, other than YOU has used your dear Daisy. You are a sick person. Seriously, get help.

Kathianne
04-09-2012, 09:20 PM
You haven't a kind bone in your body. If you think I'm vulnerable you want to get me.

Go fuck didlo.

You've used a sick animal to the hilt, for more than a week. Today you take the cake. You are an animal abuser.

gabosaurus
04-09-2012, 10:03 PM
I am sad that Daisy is gone, but I am happy that Kathianne is back.

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/9zPOT8Z3UlM" allowfullscreen="" width="420" frameborder="0" height="315"></iframe>

gabosaurus
04-09-2012, 10:07 PM
I have a cat. I will be sad when the cat dies. So will my daughter. But I won't be posting details on DP.
If I want a reaction from DP, I will threaten to post the incriminating pictures I have of Jim and Nukeman.
That is all.

http://www.kgbreport.com/images/dead_dog.jpg

Shadow
04-09-2012, 10:27 PM

This is Abuelita (Little Grandmother), my sister's pomeranian. Heather first met Abue when she was working as a Vet Tech, and the little thing was brought in to be put down. Apparently, her owner had left the dog living in a bathtub, which caused a break in it's front right paw (You'll see it's crooked in the pic), making it lame, she couldn't even bark due to her abuse, couldn't walk on any surface without traction (like say the tile coating of a bathtub), could barely stand period. She was 14 years old, and Heather had to fill out her death certificate.

That was the day Heather took Abue home, and began doing physical therapy on her. I'm not kidding, she literally rigged water therapy for this dog, with Abue suspended from a harness over the tub, filled with warm water, and wearing a little dog life vest to strength her legs. She got every one of her shots up to date, and bought the special dog food required for Abuelita's diet. She was weak for a long time, and got sick constantly, but cheerful, and heather continued to work, taking a second job to afford keeping Abue. My father thought she'd lost her fucking mind, and really, she did, but that's Heather. She's tough as nails, but she protective of the downtrodden.

This is Heather btw:

That's her second job working the bar at Bruckner's Bar & Grill in Brooklyn. So Heather's pushing herself, and I think she was at the raw edge, when the most amazing thing happened: Abuelita stood up shakily, and honked at her. Not a bark, a honk, wagging her tail the whole time, but it was far more than anyone could have expected from her. From there, Abuelita started getting stronger, and became able to walk, though never on tractionless surfaces, and scared the crap outta me one day when she got her bark back. Abuelita celebrate her 15th birthday (celebrated on the date of the Death Certificate), 16th, 17th, 18th, and 19th birthdays. Many people took solace in Abue's story, which of course got told repeatedly. As her buddy Ethan noted, "The dog's a chick magnet!" (After which, he never again minded sitting for the dog).

Last year, however, Abuelita passed away at 19 years old, and Heather was a complete wreck. We'd all known it was coming, although we'd believed it would come much sooner, but Heather was able to take solace in the fact that Abue's last day had been warm, with someone who loved her, and fed her, and took care of her.

The point of this is here, Wind Song: Daisy may have died today, but she died having someone who loved her, who fed her and petted her on a regular basis, who honestly cared about her. You did all, and the best you could have done by her.

Great story. And you can totally tell that dog IS a chick magnet...very cute.

We had a dog that was part Basset Hound part Black Lab. Poor thing got parvo from a visit to the vets office before he was old enough to have all of his shots completed. Hardest thing I've ever had to do was try to treat this dog...give him his treatment shots,IV's etc... only to have him die in front of me. Told myself never again. Then I got talked into helping foster abused dogs through the local pet rescue. Some very hard cases...some very joyful...totally helped us heal though. Those little triumphs make a big difference.

Wind Song
04-09-2012, 10:32 PM
Not one person on this forum, other than YOU has used your dear Daisy. You are a sick person. Seriously, get help.

I am so sad to lose my dog. That you think that's sick is on you.

I hope you never lose anyone dear to you.

Wind Song
04-09-2012, 10:34 PM
Really, I'm an animal abuser. Tell me how that's true Kathianne.

Wind Song
04-09-2012, 10:35 PM
I have a cat. I will be sad when the cat dies. So will my daughter. But I won't be posting details on DP.
If I want a reaction from DP, I will threaten to post the incriminating pictures I have of Jim and Nukeman.
That is all.

http://www.kgbreport.com/images/dead_dog.jpg

You're certainly right that it is my mistake to consider poster on DP as human beings capable of experiencing loss. My mistake.

Anton Chigurh
04-09-2012, 10:38 PM
You're certainly right that it is my mistake to consider poster on DP as human beings capable of experiencing loss. My mistake.You're just a fucking drama queen, using your animal as a source of online sympathy. I'm with gabosaurus - I have cats, you would never hear from me if one of them had to go away. Because it isn't about ME and how online folks like lemmings would spew platitudes.

DragonStryk72
04-09-2012, 10:38 PM
I am so sad to lose my dog. That you think that's sick is on you.

I hope you never lose anyone dear to you.

Here's a thought: Why not just ignore the people that you feel are ragging on you, and come over to talk to those of us who are sharing and sympathizing with you? You say you're a Buddhist, so which option seems like it's more in tune with your core philosophy?

Wind Song
04-09-2012, 10:50 PM
Here's a thought: Why not just ignore the people that you feel are ragging on you, and come over to talk to those of us who are sharing and sympathizing with you? You say you're a Buddhist, so which option seems like it's more in tune with your core philosophy?

The option to turn toward kindness is Buddhism. You're right. Some ugly people here haven't the slightest bit of compassion for how it feels to lose someone you love.

Who needs them?

Thank you for your compassion and humanity.

sky

Wind Song
04-09-2012, 10:52 PM
You're right. It's absolutely stupid to be real on this forum. I lost my dear Daisy today. Who cares if a bunch of anonymous hard asses don't give a shit?

Anton Chigurh
04-09-2012, 10:53 PM
You're right. It's absolutely stupid to be real on this forum. I lost my dear Daisy today. Who cares if a bunch of anonymous hard asses don't give a shit?The intelligent anonymous hard asses doubt you lost anything at all, stupid pissant.

See?

Wind Song
04-09-2012, 10:56 PM
The intelligent anonymous hard asses doubt you lost anything at all, stupid pissant.

See?

We have nothing in common. I'm human, what are you?

Anton Chigurh
04-09-2012, 10:56 PM
We have nothing in common. I'm human, what are you?You're not human, you're a pissant.

See?

logroller
04-09-2012, 10:57 PM
We have nothing in common. I'm human, what are you?

reasonable

Wind Song
04-09-2012, 10:57 PM
You're not human, you're a pissant.

See?

Really, ? Your opinion is so important to me.

Anton Chigurh
04-09-2012, 10:58 PM
Really, ? You're opinion is so important to me.Evidently.

Wind Song
04-09-2012, 10:59 PM
Evidently.

I hope you never lose anyone who matters to you.

Anton Chigurh
04-09-2012, 11:01 PM
Wind Song has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space.I can't answer your pissant PM right now. But the answer was succinct:

I have no problem with pissants. They are harmless in the global scheme and are actually amusing. They work very hard to accomplish relatively little.

Anton Chigurh
04-09-2012, 11:01 PM
I hope you never lose anyone who matters to you.If I did, stupid fuck - a message board would not be the place where I would talk about it.

Get it?

Wind Song
04-09-2012, 11:02 PM
I can't answer your pissant PM right now. But the answer was succinct:

I have no problem with pissants. They are harmless in the global scheme and are actually amusing. They work very hard to accomplish relatively little.

Referring to PM content is against the rules.

Anton Chigurh
04-09-2012, 11:05 PM
Referring to PM content is against the rules.I didn't refer to PM content, since I could not send you a PM.

Wind Song
04-09-2012, 11:06 PM
I didn't refer to PM content, since I could not send you a PM.

Shut up and get back on topic.

Anton Chigurh
04-09-2012, 11:08 PM
Shut up and get back on topic.I can somehow do both?

The topic is:

"I want syyyyympathy! My doggie diiiiiied!"

Pligger Knees.

Wind Song
04-09-2012, 11:12 PM
I can somehow do both?

The topic is:

"I want syyyyympathy! My doggie diiiiiied!"

Pligger Knees.

Look you ugly creep. I've already cried my eyes and guts out over my dog. You're trying to hurt me but it's too late. I've already been grieving and I don't need some cretin like you to comment on it.

Drop dead soon, Red Neck dork.

Anton Chigurh
04-09-2012, 11:13 PM
Look you ugly creep. I've already cried my eyes and guts out over my dog. You're trying to hurt me but it's too late. I've already been grieving and I don't need some cretin like you to comment on it.

Drop dead soon, Red Neck dork.I am not tryna hurt you. I am just laughing at you. If you wanna be butthurt over that it's on you.

Wind Song
04-09-2012, 11:15 PM
I am not tryna hurt you. I am just laughing at you. If you wanna be butthurt over that it's on you.

Bullshit you fucking asshole. You want to hurt me? Too bad. I've already cried and puked my guts out. I'm certainly NOT concerned about your ugly nature. My dog is worth a million red necks.

Stuff it. Why don't you go back to pulling the wings off flies, red neck?

Anton Chigurh
04-09-2012, 11:17 PM
Bullshit you fucking asshole. You want to hurt me? Too bad. I've already cried and puked my guts out. I'm certainly NOT concerned about your ugly nature.

Stuff it. Why don't you go back to pulling the wings off flies, red neck?Re: the bolded - No!

I just want you to continue providing the comedy!

Shadow
I hope you never lose anyone who matters to you.

If I did, stupid fuck - a message board would not be the place where I would talk about it.

Get it?

Especially on MB's where you know the usual suspects are just waiting for you to let them know exactly how to push your button's and upset you even more. It's not like you don't know they can be a-holes WS. Seriously...why do you do this to yourself?

You should take the advice you were given earlier and just avoid the folks giving you shit...and remember the good...hang with the people willing to give you support. Several have offered it to you here.

Again...sorry for your loss WS. Losing a pet is like losing a family member.

Wind Song
Re: the bolded - No!

I just want you to continue providing the comedy!

Get lost before I start playing Loreena Babbitt with you.

Wind Song
04-09-2012, 11:18 PM
Especially on MB's where you know the usual suspects are just waiting for you to let them know exactly how to push your button's and upset you even more. It's not like you don't know they can be a-holes WS. Seriously...why do you do this to yourself?

You should take the advice you were given earlier and just avoid the folks giving you shit...and remember the good...hang with the people willing to give you support. Several have offered it to you here.

Again...sorry for your loss WS. Losing a pet is like losing a family member.Thank you for your kind words.

Anton Chigurh
04-09-2012, 11:19 PM
Get lost before I start playing Loreena Babbitt with you.It's BOBBITT, dumbass.

And swayng it baybee, swayng it!

Anton Chigurh
04-09-2012, 11:20 PM
Again...sorry for your loss WS. Losing a pet is like losing a family member.But.... You actually have NO idea a pet was ever lost, or even existed.

Shadow
04-09-2012, 11:25 PM
But.... You actually have NO idea a pet was ever lost, or even existed.

Doesn't matter. You actually have no idea that it didn't. I can actually let it go and let a person have their space. WS seems to think she needs to vent the loss of her pet...I can let her. No skin off my nose one way or the other. Not sure why it is so important for people to ride her ass about this. Sometimes you have to live and let live.

Abbey Marie
04-10-2012, 08:06 AM
Seriously, people. Time and place.

Never thought I would see people on this board kick someone when they are down. If you think someone is crazy enough to make up a detailed story about their dog dying for two weeks, then just ignore them.

Anton Chigurh
04-10-2012, 08:22 AM
Doesn't matter. You actually have no idea that it didn't. I can actually let it go and let a person have their space. WS seems to think she needs to vent the loss of her pet...I can let her. No skin off my nose one way or the other. Not sure why it is so important for people to ride her ass about this. Sometimes you have to live and let live.You really should read my replies.

tailfins
04-10-2012, 09:50 AM

The proper expression is COULDN'T care less. If someone could care less that means they are NOT at the minimum of caring.

The option to turn toward kindness is Buddhism. You're right. Some ugly people here haven't the slightest bit of compassion for how it feels to lose someone you love.

Who needs them?

Thank you for your compassion and humanity.

sky

There are different kinds of caring. They way I care is to fix the problem. Since I have no power to bring your dog back to life, there's not much I can do.

Wind Song
04-10-2012, 10:34 AM

Never thought I would see people on this board kick someone when they are down. If you think someone is crazy enough to make up a detailed story about their dog dying for two weeks, then just ignore them.
Thanks Abbey,

I was angry last night, but underneath was the grief, which I finally got to. I cried it out and I'm at peace.

sky

Wind Song
04-10-2012, 10:35 AM
But.... You actually have NO idea a pet was ever lost, or even existed.

You must not have any pets. NO ONE would EVER make up a story about losing a pet.

Wind Song
04-10-2012, 10:38 AM
The proper expression is COULDN'T care less. If someone could care less that means they are NOT at the minimum of caring.

There are different kinds of caring. They way I care is to fix the problem. Since I have no power to bring your dog back to life, there's not much I can do.

Grieving isn"t about "doing" didlo. It's about "being with". You don't "fix" a "problem" like death.

You learn to "be with" your anger and grief. I have no idea what kind of therapist you were, but compassion is the reason most people enter the profession.

It's basic wishing for happiness for others and wishing that they not suffer and extending your heart and mind in humanness.

Wind Song
04-10-2012, 10:42 AM
You've used a sick animal to the hilt, for more than a week. Today you take the cake. You are an animal abuser.
I've been upset by the decline of my dog, for a week, and talking about it. It's not an extremely long time.

I have never abused an animal in my life.

I cried it out last night finally, and I'm at peace. I wish you the same.

jimnyc
04-10-2012, 10:44 AM

You must not have any pets. NO ONE would EVER make up a story about losing a pet.

I don't think people were necessarily kicking WS while down. If she had come here, simply posted this story and stayed here, she would have received nothing but support. But running to 10 other threads, calling people names and telling them that you hate them, and other unsavory things, then accusing them of wanting the dog dead or wishing as much, and then running back here to this thread... it's all a bit much and you can't expect people to carry sympathy while being kicked themselves.

But hopefully we're beyond that. I have no doubt at all that WS lost a pet, and I think it's horrible. I am able to separate this thread from the crap in others. But I don't think anyone went out of their way to rub it in or make the day worse for WS. If you post nicely and nice things, that's what will come in return. You call names and make accusations and go off the handle, people aren't going to ignore those comments.

Let's forget yesterday but remember Daisy. Do you have any photos you can share, WS? Do you think you'll get another pet anytime soon?

jimnyc
04-10-2012, 10:45 AM
Grieving isn"t about "doing" didlo. It's about "being with". You don't "fix" a "problem" like death.

You learn to "be with" your anger and grief. I have no idea what kind of therapist you were, but compassion is the reason most people enter the profession.

It's basic wishing for happiness for others and wishing that they not suffer and extending your heart and mind in humanness.

Pssst... that wasn't Dillo that you replied to!

Wind Song
04-10-2012, 11:11 AM
I don't think people were necessarily kicking WS while down. If she had come here, simply posted this story and stayed here, she would have received nothing but support. But running to 10 other threads, calling people names and telling them that you hate them, and other unsavory things, then accusing them of wanting the dog dead or wishing as much, and then running back here to this thread... it's all a bit much and you can't expect people to carry sympathy while being kicked themselves.

But hopefully we're beyond that. I have no doubt at all that WS lost a pet, and I think it's horrible. I am able to separate this thread from the crap in others. But I don't think anyone went out of their way to rub it in or make the day worse for WS. If you post nicely and nice things, that's what will come in return. You call names and make accusations and go off the handle, people aren't going to ignore those comments.

Let's forget yesterday but remember Daisy. Do you have any photos you can share, WS? Do you think you'll get another pet anytime soon?

I acted like an ass yesterday. I was angry and I came here looking for a fight. Under the anger, was a ton of grief I couldn't get to right away.

I finally cried my guts out last night.

There are a couple of posters here who are inherently mean. I'm going to avoid them from now on.

Wind Song
04-10-2012, 11:12 AM
Pssst... that wasn't Dillo that you replied to!
Oops. I should have known better. It was a half-way decent post.

logroller
04-10-2012, 11:17 AM
I acted like an ass yesterday. I was angry and I came here looking for a fight. Under the anger, was a ton of grief I couldn't get to right away.

I finally cried my guts out last night.

There are a couple of posters here who are inherently mean. I'm going to avoid them from now on.

try the ignore feature. Try as I may, I can't not respond to a post I see.

ConHog
04-10-2012, 11:24 AM
Sky, Sorry about your dog. That sux.

Some unsolicited advice? You'd be alot more likeable if you weren't so melodramatic about EVERYTHING around here. This isn't that shitty forum you are used to, the dicks and assholes don't get to run people over. Jim doesn't even let himself go too far ( most of the time) let alone others. But you do yourself NO favors when YOU choose to make every thread about YOU.

This thread was about your dog, so why let Dilodick and K***ianne turn it into a thread about YOU? Just ignore their stupid comments and accept the condolences of those who offer them.

Ok, that was worth what you paid for it, now I haven't been around much lately, so I'm gonna check out some other threads.

Anton Chigurh
04-10-2012, 11:35 AM
You must not have any pets. NO ONE would EVER make up a story about losing a pet.Sure they could. Drama Queens playing for sympathy have that in their little playbook all the time.

ConHog
04-10-2012, 11:38 AM
If I did, stupid fuck - a message board would not be the place where I would talk about it.

Get it?

I started a thread when a family pet died. And I will if one of my Danes dies as well. Piss off.

ConHog
04-10-2012, 11:42 AM
Doesn't matter. You actually have no idea that it didn't. I can actually let it go and let a person have their space. WS seems to think she needs to vent the loss of her pet...I can let her. No skin off my nose one way or the other. Not sure why it is so important for people to ride her ass about this. Sometimes you have to live and let live.

Now Shadow, you KNOW internet douchebags can't do that. I have no earthly idea what Red is going on about here. If Jim thinks the thread is a waste of the bandwidth he is paying for. Then he has two options. 1. PM me and Ill send him $20 again 2. Delete the thread. Since he's done neither, I can only assume that Red is mini modding and or just being an asshole to someone who was foolish enough to confirm a button was pressed.

ConHog
04-10-2012, 11:45 AM

Really? Looks like Red has been riding her pretty hard, even accusing her of making it up, and K**tianne called her an animal abuser. That seems beyond to me Jim.

Anton Chigurh
04-10-2012, 11:55 AM
I started a thread when a family pet died. And I will if one of my Danes dies as well. Piss off.And I'm sure making it about you for sympathy on a message board will make it all better.

Dilloduck
04-10-2012, 11:57 AM

Some unsolicited advice? You'd be alot more likeable if you weren't so melodramatic about EVERYTHING around here. This isn't that shitty forum you are used to, the dicks and assholes don't get to run people over. Jim doesn't even let himself go too far ( most of the time) let alone others. But you do yourself NO favors when YOU choose to make every thread about YOU.

This thread was about your dog, so why let Dilodick and K***ianne turn it into a thread about YOU? Just ignore their stupid comments and accept the condolences of those who offer them.

Ok, that was worth what you paid for it, now I haven't been around much lately, so I'm gonna check out some other threads.

You need to. A little perspective might help keep you from making an ass of yourself.

ConHog
04-10-2012, 11:58 AM
And I'm sure making it about you for sympathy on a message board will make it all better.

Who cares what my reasons for doing so are? Who cares what Sky's reasons are.

You're an online bully. Does that make YOU feel better? Oh, I actuallly don't care. I'm just making fun of you. See how ridiculous that sounds man? Let her have room to post , its nothing to you and she can't respond with anger if you don't give her something to respond to.

ConHog
04-10-2012, 12:02 PM
You need to. A little perspective might help keep you from making an ass of yourself.

You hate me.

Goodbye!!

Seriously, you're a dick. I've "known" you for 3 years. You're a dick. So what though? Same with Sky, she's a neurotic mess. But who cares? Just let her do her thing and you do yours. Let Jim worry about cleaning up the mess. He LOVES playing in shit.

tailfins
04-10-2012, 12:02 PM

I'm a software therapist. I fix sick enterprise level systems. As far as wishing goes, my mom had a saying: "Wish in one hand and s**t in the other and see which one fills up first."

tailfins
04-10-2012, 12:05 PM
You hate me.

Goodbye!!

Seriously, you're a dick. I've "known" you for 3 years. You're a dick. So what though? Same with Sky, she's a neurotic mess. But who cares? Just let her do her thing and you do yours. Let Jim worry about cleaning up the mess. He LOVES playing in shit.

I didn't know Jim likes to wish!

Dilloduck
04-10-2012, 12:05 PM
You hate me.

Goodbye!!

No one is stopping anyone from doing their thing. WTF did you do while you were gone? Sniff glue the whole time?

ConHog
04-10-2012, 12:06 PM
No one is stopping anyone from doing their thing. WTF did you do while you were gone? Sniff glue the whole time?

Spent time with my family and got some perspective.

And no you're not stopping her, but you are riding her ass about it.

Anton Chigurh
04-10-2012, 12:07 PM
Who cares what my reasons for doing so are? Who cares what Sky's reasons are.

You're an online bully. Does that make YOU feel better? Oh, I actuallly don't care. I'm just making fun of you. See how ridiculous that sounds man? Let her have room to post , its nothing to you and she can't respond with anger if you don't give her something to respond to.Actually, stupid - if you read the first page of this thread you will see I was originally very nice. What happened was exactly as Jim said.

http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?34686-I-m-so-sad&p=535065#post535065

ConHog
04-10-2012, 12:08 PM
Actually, stupid - if you read the first page of this thread you will see I was originally very nice. What happened was exactly as Jim said.

LOL if stupid is the best you got, you better stick to harassing Sky Dancer.

Oh, and children don't even get away with " s/he started it" , what makes you think you will?

Dilloduck
04-10-2012, 12:09 PM
Spent time with my family and got some perspective.

And no you're not stopping her, but you are riding her ass about it.

It gives you a chance to look like her savior. You could use an image do over anyway.

jimnyc
04-10-2012, 12:09 PM
Really? Looks like Red has been riding her pretty hard, even accusing her of making it up, and K**tianne called her an animal abuser. That seems beyond to me Jim.

You're way off base here. There are about 10 other threads involved, all that come back and forth to this thread. She received nothing but sympathy and support in her original thread about her Pup, and the same in this one - until she started carrying the subject into other threads and accusing people of wild things and calling names - and telling people like me that she hates their guts. "context" is everything. It's not like Red popped in here and immediately came to this thread and gave WS a hard time. The best advice I could give, would be to search out all of her posts from last evening and see the full picture. But she's since apologized, so as far as "I" am concerned, it's over, and I hold no ill will towards her for her comments, and I still feel horrible for her and her Pup, and hope she feels better today.

Now, as to what you are referring to Kathianne as, please, make that the last time. You know full well that the "C" word is the only banned word here. It's bad enough that someone would use that word, but using it as someones name is off limits. Kath was gone for awhile, as were you, there's no need for the hostility to start back up again.

Anton Chigurh
04-10-2012, 12:10 PM
LOL if stupid is the best you got, you better stick to harassing Sky Dancer.

Oh, and children don't even get away with " s/he started it" , what makes you think you will?I don't look to, try to, or care about "getting away" with anything.

Gator Monroe
04-10-2012, 12:29 PM
I WISH THERE WERE 40 Very active threads INSTED OF 11 kinda active threads ...:link::link:

Gator Monroe
04-10-2012, 12:31 PM
It gives you a chance to look like her savior. You could use an image do over anyway.

Image Do Over ? Could I come along ?:coffee:

logroller
04-10-2012, 01:10 PM
I WISH THERE WERE 40 Very active threads INSTED OF 11 kinda active threads ...:link::link:

You know you can start threads, right?
There's a saying, wish in one hand; post interesting thread topics in the other; see which one makes the horse post a link on a burned bridge....or something like that.:link:??????:slap: :coffee:

fj1200
04-10-2012, 01:14 PM
^Oh God, I picked a Biden-Palin monster as my running mate. :slap:

logroller
04-10-2012, 01:36 PM
^Oh God, I picked a Biden-Palin monster as my running mate. :slap:

I'm stealing Santorum's platform now. The third federal agency I'll do away with is GE NBC Universal...oh wait, that was Rick Perry.

I stand by all the misstatements I've made.-- Dan Quayle

think of me as the next Dan Quayle.:laugh2:

ConHog
04-10-2012, 02:21 PM
You're way off base here. There are about 10 other threads involved, all that come back and forth to this thread. She received nothing but sympathy and support in her original thread about her Pup, and the same in this one - until she started carrying the subject into other threads and accusing people of wild things and calling names - and telling people like me that she hates their guts. "context" is everything. It's not like Red popped in here and immediately came to this thread and gave WS a hard time. The best advice I could give, would be to search out all of her posts from last evening and see the full picture. But she's since apologized, so as far as "I" am concerned, it's over, and I hold no ill will towards her for her comments, and I still feel horrible for her and her Pup, and hope she feels better today.

Now, as to what you are referring to Kathianne as, please, make that the last time. You know full well that the "C" word is the only banned word here. It's bad enough that someone would use that word, but using it as someones name is off limits. Kath was gone for awhile, as were you, there's no need for the hostility to start back up again.

As for reading the other threads. I didn't , but as you and I have discussed. I try not to drag other thraeds around.

As for Kath. I did know that you banned that word, but wasn't really thinking about it. I have no problems apologizing for my use of it.

Back to Sky. I have no intentions of reading other threads, and I fully agree that she is at times stupid, passive aggressive, and just downright bewildering in her behavior, but that doesn't excuse one to treat her however they would like in return and then act as if she has a problem when they react. That kind of behavior is mind boggling to me.

Sorry Jim, but I dislike the bullying no matter who is being bullied. And Sky I know you're reading, that means you to. Stop being a passive aggressive jerk and then getting mad when they hit back. DUH!!

ConHog
04-10-2012, 02:31 PM

Quite obviously I don't care about my online image. I am who I am, and I don't go around pretending to be anything else.

jimnyc
04-10-2012, 03:21 PM
As for reading the other threads. I didn't , but as you and I have discussed. I try not to drag other thraeds around.

As for Kath. I did know that you banned that word, but wasn't really thinking about it. I have no problems apologizing for my use of it.

Back to Sky. I have no intentions of reading other threads, and I fully agree that she is at times stupid, passive aggressive, and just downright bewildering in her behavior, but that doesn't excuse one to treat her however they would like in return and then act as if she has a problem when they react. That kind of behavior is mind boggling to me.

Sorry Jim, but I dislike the bullying no matter who is being bullied. And Sky I know you're reading, that means you to. Stop being a passive aggressive jerk and then getting mad when they hit back. DUH!!

I understand what you're saying. But without reading other threads, or being aware of them, things seem a little out of context in this thread. I don't think anyone should bully anyone for any reason either, but I think Red was just giving her a little of her own medicine at the time. I think a few things went wrong last evening, and I wasn't 100% innocent either. It takes two as they say.

As for Kath... Look, I know there's no love there, but even if that word wasn't banned, a woman would have to do an awful lot to deserve that title - and no way in hell is Kath one of those people. IMO, Kath deserves some respect and has more than earned it at this board. Sure, even I don't fully see eye to eye with her on everything, but disagreeing on things and using that word are in 2 different worlds, IMO.

tailfins
04-10-2012, 03:24 PM
Quite obviously I don't care about my online image. I am who I am, and I don't go around pretending to be anything else.

Careful, that could come back to bite you in the butt in real life.

Abbey Marie
04-10-2012, 03:26 PM
I don't want to pile on, but I have to say for future reference, the word simply will not be tolerated. I am going to edit it out of these posts, so Kath and the rest of us don't have to see it anymore.

I do want to acknowledge that Con apologized.

Kathianne
04-10-2012, 03:28 PM
Really, I'm an animal abuser. Tell me how that's true Kathianne.

Animal user would have been a better term. When you posted about the dog being sick, then later dying, you got the support one would expect.

However, you are the one that has been calling names because you are 'sad.' You are the one that has been using your sadness to claim facts that are not regarding Zimmerman and Trayvon. How you got there? :dunno: You're special.

Always the victim.

Anton Chigurh
04-10-2012, 03:34 PM
As for Kath... Look, I know there's no love there, but even if that word wasn't banned, a woman would have to do an awful lot to deserve that title - and no way in hell is Kath one of those people. IMO, Kath deserves some respect and has more than earned it at this board. Sure, even I don't fully see eye to eye with her on everything, but disagreeing on things and using that word are in 2 different worlds, IMO.Bullies might be calling women that vile name, huh Jim?

Irony is thick with this conhog one.

jimnyc
04-10-2012, 03:40 PM
Bullies might be calling women that vile name, huh Jim?

Irony is thick with this conhog one.

I believe you might be onto something. But so as not to take sides and anger members, I'll take my father in laws advice and favorite phrase: "I have no opinion on that matter". He's a wise bastard!

http://www.debbieschlussel.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/cantwealljustgetalong.jpg

Anton Chigurh
04-10-2012, 03:41 PM
I do want to acknowledge that Con apologized.Where was this?

He merely said he had no problems apologizing, the apology is yet to come.

Anton Chigurh
04-10-2012, 03:42 PM
I believe you might be onto something. But so as not to take sides and anger members, I'll take my father in laws advice and favorite phrase: "I have no opinion on that matter". He's a wise bastard!

Well.... Obviously pot met kettle on that particular exchange.

Abbey Marie
04-10-2012, 03:58 PM
Where was this?

He merely said he had no problems apologizing, the apology is yet to come.

Only Kathianne can say if the apology is insufficient. For her.

All else is opinion, and to point it out is pot-stirring.

Kathianne
04-10-2012, 04:01 PM

I figure that if he's attempting to bully me, he's leaving someone else alone.

Anton Chigurh
04-10-2012, 04:01 PM

All else is opinion, and to point it out is pot-stirring.Well, I merely pointed out the fact that technically, there was no apology. That's just stirring truth whether it's in a pot or not.

I'll ignore the fact that until now, you had acknowledged a apology that never existed.

Abbey Marie
04-10-2012, 04:04 PM
Well, I merely pointed out the fact that technically, there was no apology. That's just stirring truth whether it's in a pot or not.

I'll ignore the fact that until now, you had acknowledged a apology that never existed.

Stirring your "truth". :rolleyes:
Good to know that you are just helping all of us poor idiots out. I for one will rest easier tonight knowing you are on the case.

Abbey Marie
04-10-2012, 04:05 PM
I figure that if he's attempting to bully me, he's leaving someone else alone.

No reason for any woman to take that.

Anton Chigurh
04-10-2012, 04:06 PM
Stirring your "truth". :rolleyes:
Good to know that you are just helping all of us poor idiots out. I for one will rest easier tonight knowing you are on the case.It's a plain and simple TRUTH there was no apology. It's just a fact.

There was no apology.

Kathianne
04-10-2012, 04:13 PM
No reason for any woman to take that.

Eh, he doesn't bother me, at this point. Now he's just showing his real colors.

Kathianne
04-10-2012, 04:13 PM
It's a plain and simple TRUTH there was no apology. It's just a fact.

There was no apology.

Very true, but let it go.

SassyLady
04-10-2012, 09:56 PM
................. so why let Dilodick and K***ianne turn it into a thread about YOU?

Was this necessary? Talk about someone who wants to be the Drama Queen ... you go away for a few days, come back and are pissed at Wind Song for stealing all your personal drama so you start off with a personal, nasty attack.

Jim.....this is disgusting and I cannot believe you let him get around the built in filters.

SassyLady
04-10-2012, 10:16 PM

I feel like he owes every woman on this board an apology for it.

Agnapostate
04-10-2012, 10:31 PM
Sorry to hear about Daisy, wind. She must have meant a lot to you.

darin
04-11-2012, 02:05 PM

You SURE you're a retired Army Major??? You don't particularly sound like a retired Military Officer most of the time. With your terrible, terrible alterations of user names...seems more like separated E4 than retired field-grade.

Wind Song
04-13-2012, 12:19 PM
I still miss the dog. I notice I listen for her nails on the floor, her bark when I would pull into the carport, her smell, her presence.

Thank you, all of you, who are kind.

Wind Song
04-13-2012, 12:26 PM
Sorry to hear about Daisy, wind. She must have meant a lot to you.
Thanks Agna,

She was a special being. Lot's of people knew and loved her.

Wind Song
04-13-2012, 12:28 PM

I had a bad night, the day Daisy died. Thank you for being sorry for my loss.

jimnyc
04-13-2012, 12:29 PM
I still miss the dog. I notice I listen for her nails on the floor, her bark when I would pull into the carport, her smell, her presence.

Thank you, all of you, who are kind.

Unfortunately, if you love animals like I do, it's going to be a LONG time before you forget. Cherish the memories, even when you think of things like this. Memories do fade, and I would rather remember things that make me sad than not remember at all!

jimnyc
04-13-2012, 12:34 PM
I had a bad night, the day Daisy died. Thank you for being sorry for my loss.

Regardless of what you said that night, or what others said, or what was said after that night - looking back I would say it's ok to have a bad night. I thought it wrong to carry it throughout various threads instead of just keeping it to one, but like I alluded to that night, I'm unsure how I will act/react when my Pups leave my life. It's in the past now, and I can assure you that a lot of people feel for your loss. I for one have been a little nicer with my doggies since then, as it's a reminder that they won't be with us forever.

Wind Song
04-13-2012, 12:38 PM
Unfortunately, if you love animals like I do, it's going to be a LONG time before you forget. Cherish the memories, even when you think of things like this. Memories do fade, and I would rather remember things that make me sad than not remember at all!

I remember Daisy at the Gonpa, the Buddhist Center. She didn't have to be on a leash and she so loved it there. She was like the official greeter. She approached everyone to say hello to them.

When I would lay down on the floor she would come over and lay her head on my heart. All four of my cats loved her. We would take walks together, Daisy, my wife, and all four cats, Peter, Nicky, Henry and Lily.

Wind Song
04-13-2012, 12:42 PM
Regardless of what you said that night, or what others said, or what was said after that night - looking back I would say it's ok to have a bad night. I thought it wrong to carry it throughout various threads instead of just keeping it to one, but like I alluded to that night, I'm unsure how I will act/react when my Pups leave my life. It's in the past now, and I can assure you that a lot of people feel for your loss. I for one have been a little nicer with my doggies since then, as it's a reminder that they won't be with us forever.

I was having an Irish wake for Daisy. No excuse, but my head wasn't clear. The anger about losing her was on the top, and underneath was a deep well of grief.

My wife and I have known each other for 27 years and she said she's never seen me really let go in grief the way I did after I posted here.

Some people will chalk off my behavior as human and understand, others won't. I know which ones harbor the hostility and I plan on avoiding them like the poison they are.

ConHog
04-13-2012, 02:59 PM
Was this necessary? Talk about someone who wants to be the Drama Queen ... you go away for a few days, come back and are pissed at Wind Song for stealing all your personal drama so you start off with a personal, nasty attack.

Jim.....this is disgusting and I cannot believe you let him get around the built in filters.

I'd just like to point out that in another thread (sorry I can's search it right now) Jim called me out for that, and rightfully so; and I agreed I was in the wrong and apologized. And that was long before your post.

It is what it is.

jimnyc
04-13-2012, 03:41 PM
I'd just like to point out that in another thread (sorry I can's search it right now) Jim called me out for that, and rightfully so; and I agreed I was in the wrong and apologized. And that was long before your post.

It is what it is.

I can confirm that it was 2 separate threads. Abbey had edited out the offensive part in the 1st, but none of us even noticed the 2nd. I'm glad you don't have an issue with the board disowning that word, and I just hope going forward we'll all avoid the use of it.

Wind Song
04-13-2012, 03:55 PM
I understand what you're saying. But without reading other threads, or being aware of them, things seem a little out of context in this thread. I don't think anyone should bully anyone for any reason either, but I think Red was just giving her a little of her own medicine at the time. I think a few things went wrong last evening, and I wasn't 100% innocent either. It takes two as they say.

As for Kath... Look, I know there's no love there, but even if that word wasn't banned, a woman would have to do an awful lot to deserve that title - and no way in hell is Kath one of those people. IMO, Kath deserves some respect and has more than earned it at this board. Sure, even I don't fully see eye to eye with her on everything, but disagreeing on things and using that word are in 2 different worlds, IMO.

Tell me why Kath deserves respect? She lit into me the second I started posting here.

jimnyc
04-13-2012, 04:00 PM
Tell me why Kath deserves respect? She lit into me the second I started posting here.

I've been posting with Kath, between USMB and here, for like 7 years or so. She was staff on both boards. I've PM'd a million times with her. I've spoken with her on the phone. I've read a million of her posts. I just know that she's "good people", even if she has had feuds with others. You know what, as much as you and I disagree, and have had fights, I can tell that you're good people too. With that knowledge in hand, I think those types of people deserve respect, at least when we can. If in the middle of a fight, I suppose that won't happen. But sure as shit, neither of you deserve to be called the "C" word. But I'm speaking generally. It's not a "rule" that all must SHOW respect to those I think deserve it. Obviously you and Kath have issues that carried over from elsewhere. I can't fcorce you 2 to let go of the past, or to be friends, or to respect one another. I can only point out general things, that both are good people. What you guys do with MY opinion is up to you.

Wind Song
04-13-2012, 04:04 PM
I've been posting with Kath, between USMB and here, for like 7 years or so. She was staff on both boards. I've PM'd a million times with her. I've spoken with her on the phone. I've read a million of her posts. I just know that she's "good people", even if she has had feuds with others. You know what, as much as you and I disagree, and have had fights, I can tell that you're good people too. With that knowledge in hand, I think those types of people deserve respect, at least when we can. If in the middle of a fight, I suppose that won't happen. But sure as shit, neither of you deserve to be called the "C" word. But I'm speaking generally. It's not a "rule" that all must SHOW respect to those I think deserve it. Obviously you and Kath have issues that carried over from elsewhere. I can't fcorce you 2 to let go of the past, or to be friends, or to respect one another. I can only point out general things, that both are good people. What you guys do with MY opinion is up to you.

I didn't have any issues with her until coming to this forum. I didn't even know she had a grudge toward me from USMB until I got here. I was really shocked. I had NEVER posted with her on USMB.

Thank you for being able to see that I am a good person. I will take your word that you know her well and she treats you well. I haven't had that experience with her.

I don't think ANY woman deserves to be called by the C word. I wouldn't even call Kath that, and we're obviously not friends.

One of the perplexiing things about me is how I continue to try and win over someone who hates my guts. My wife says to cut it out, "you're not the asshole whisperer."

Abbey Marie
04-13-2012, 04:46 PM
I don't think ANY woman deserves to be called by the C word. I wouldn't even call Kath that, and we're obviously not friends.

Amen, sistuh.

ConHog
04-13-2012, 05:15 PM
I just reread this thread and realized that there is some question about whether my apology was an apology. Let me clear that up.

Kathianne, I am sorry that I called you that. Frankly I wasn't even thinking about the fact that Jim has "outlawed" that word and whether he has or not is immaterial. I shouldn't have called you that. I'm sorry.

Now, she can accept that apology or not, but the rest of you frankly have no dog in the fight and thus no reason to pile on.

Anton Chigurh
04-13-2012, 05:29 PM
I just reread this thread and realized that there is some question about whether my apology was an apology. There was no question at all. It wasn't a apology. At all.

Glad to see you have corrected that error.

ConHog
04-13-2012, 05:38 PM
There was no question at all. It wasn't a apology. At all.

Glad to see you have corrected that error.

You're right, there was no question because I clearly meant it as an apology the first time around. If not, I would have ignored the comments to begin with.

Anton Chigurh
04-13-2012, 07:19 PM
You're right, there was no question because I clearly meant it as an apology the first time around. If not, I would have ignored the comments to begin with.You clearly said you "would have no problems" apologizing. That isn't a apology. There was no apology, and there was NO question about it. Case closed.

It's the little semantics games pukes like you play, when they actually do not intend to apologize - they merely want dupes to think they did.