PDA

View Full Version : Does everything have to be about race?

gabosaurus
03-29-2012, 04:11 PM
Racism does exist. On all end of the spectrum. There are radical extremist groups representing blacks, whites, Latinos, all measure of religious and ethnics groups and probably space aliens. It's there.
But does race have to figure into every topic of discussion we have? I have been guilty of it. So has everyone else here. My grandfather used to watch the news and say that "whenever there's crime you know it's a (black person) involved." I hear parents blame race problems on a daily basis.
On DP, I would hope we would be adult enough to pull out the race card in every topic. I admit that I have been guilty in the past, but I am trying to avoid it. If you see everything as a "black problem" or a "white problem" or a "Mexican/ Muslim/ homosexual/ whatever" problem, then you are a truly pathetic person. Perhaps its just a personal or societal problem. We need to stop blaming. On all sides.
You do have freedom of speech, which allows you to call it anything you want. God loves warped scumbags just the same as others. :salute:

Wind Song
03-29-2012, 04:13 PM
Saying that EVERYTHING is about race isn't true at all. Unfortuately, when we have white on black or black on white violence the topic turns to race.

Gator Monroe
03-29-2012, 04:17 PM
No it's usuially viewed thru a Liberal vs. Conservative Prism

Thunderknuckles
03-29-2012, 05:39 PM
Saying that EVERYTHING is about race isn't true at all. Unfortuately, when we have white on black or black on white violence the topic turns to race.
The reality is it only becomes an issue of race when white is the perpetrator and black is the victim which is curious since the overwhelming vast majority (somewhere near 90%) of all violent crimes committed against blacks are perpetrated by other blacks.

logroller
03-29-2012, 10:38 PM
The reality is it only becomes an issue of race when white is the perpetrator and black is the victim which is curious since the overwhelming vast majority (somewhere near 90%) of all violent crimes committed against blacks are perpetrated by other blacks.

Its not racist when people attack their own. Kinda makes sense; but then, kinda not. If I only hire white people, I'm a racist. If I only kill white people, I'm not.

Mr. P
03-29-2012, 11:30 PM
Racism does exist. On all end of the spectrum. There are radical extremist groups representing blacks, whites, Latinos, all measure of religious and ethnics groups and probably space aliens. It's there.
But does race have to figure into every topic of discussion we have? I have been guilty of it. So has everyone else here. My grandfather used to watch the news and say that "whenever there's crime you know it's a (black person) involved." I hear parents blame race problems on a daily basis.
On DP, I would hope we would be adult enough to pull out the race card in every topic. I admit that I have been guilty in the past, but I am trying to avoid it. If you see everything as a "black problem" or a "white problem" or a "Mexican/ Muslim/ homosexual/ whatever" problem, then you are a truly pathetic person. Perhaps its just a personal or societal problem. We need to stop blaming. On all sides.
You do have freedom of speech, which allows you to call it anything you want. God loves warped scumbags just the same as others. :salute:

ya know, I like you. Cuz..yer you, and I know when it's you.
That'll confuse a bunch a folks. But not you.

fj1200
03-30-2012, 08:44 AM

How else can one distract the masses away from your failures to lead to a more prosperous way of life?

Trigg
03-30-2012, 12:52 PM

it's also curious because more whites are killed by blacks than the other way around. Yet, we only hear about the white on black crimes.

Thunderknuckles
03-30-2012, 02:46 PM
An excellent article by Walter E. Williams on Racial Profiling. The man speaks a truth that too many folks find hard to admit.
http://www.creators.com/opinion/walter-williams/profiling.html