PDA

View Full Version : Nig-uh?

Noir
04-01-2012, 10:55 AM
Well i'm sure you guys have heard of it if i have, what are you thoughts? I'm guessing Freudian slip, or he was going to try and say 'negative' got tongue tied, tried to recover with an 'ugh' and move onto the next sentence without realising until later what it had sounded like.

jimnyc
04-01-2012, 11:00 AM
Who? Haven't heard about any of this. Linky???

Noir
04-01-2012, 11:13 AM

My pal Ricky -

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/NeaA8nkiWdk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

jimnyc
04-01-2012, 11:15 AM
Ok, found it... I figured since you posted it that it was likely Santorum, then did a search on "slip of tongue race" and it was the first result, and of course a UK link... I'm not sure what he meant for sure, and there will be endless denials. But, it definitely did sound like "nig".

Rick Santorum: another slip of the tongue but was it the 'N-word'? I don't think Santorum meant to use a racial slur against Obama. But the wider context is a GOP campaign rife with ugly rhetoric

Did Rick Santorum really just come within a few micro-seconds of calling America's first ever black president a "nigger"?

Of course not, comes the rational response. Apart from the fact that it would instantly be a campaign-killing gaffe, it would be in direct opposition to the Santorum image we have seen now for months. This is the man who is almost two goody-two-shoes to be real. He has a large and loving family. He may be ultra-conservative, but he also appears to be the sort of suburban dad who would be more likely to say "Aw, shucks" and "Jeepers creepers" rather than deploy the most offensive word in the English language. He wears sweater vests!

But about that video. What is going on there?

Santorum was speaking at a rally in Janesville, Wisconsin, still locked in the ferocious nomination battle with Mitt Romney and still desperate to become the true conservative standard-bearer of the Republican party.

"We know the candidate Barack Obama, what he was like – the anti-war government nig …" he seems to say, then suddenly stopping, and changing tack to add: "America was a source for division around the world, that what we were doing was wrong."

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/egtaV6Pj8yI?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/egtaV6Pj8yI?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

jimnyc
04-01-2012, 11:15 AM
My pal Ricky -

Shit, was posting at the same time...

Gaffer
04-01-2012, 11:51 AM
He was probably going to say negro and thought better of it. That's another word everyone is afraid to use. There are no terms referring to blacks that aren't offensive to most of them in some way.

Mr. P
04-01-2012, 01:19 PM
He was probably going to say negro and thought better of it. That's another word everyone is afraid to use. There are no terms referring to blacks that aren't offensive to most of them in some way.

No kidding. I mean you can't even just call em AMERICANS.

ConHog
04-01-2012, 01:29 PM
We should go back to calling them coloreds. :lol:

jimnyc
04-01-2012, 01:41 PM
We should go back to calling them coloreds. :lol:

You'd get shot in certain places here in NY for calling them that. But remind me again - what does NAACP stand for? And if I start a NAAWP, would there be any backlash?

Wanna see something funny, go to this site and see who registered "nigger.com" - http://www.whois.sc/

ConHog
04-01-2012, 02:16 PM
You'd get shot in certain places here in NY for calling them that. But remind me again - what does NAACP stand for? And if I start a NAAWP, would there be any backlash?

Wanna see something funny, go to this site and see who registered "nigger.com" - http://www.whois.sc/

I've said the same for a long time. Can you imagine if someone started a White Caucus in Congress? Now personally I think we should be able to do so, but under current law only one group is prevented from doing so, or so it seems

jimnyc
04-01-2012, 02:23 PM
I've said the same for a long time. Can you imagine if someone started a White Caucus in Congress? Now personally I think we should be able to do so, but under current law only one group is prevented from doing so, or so it seems

I say we start some sort of foundation, or club, and it be solely for the advancement of white people. Do it whether they like it or not. We would be labeled perhaps the most racist people in America, and would be laughed at by the pundits and night shows, immediately. We would likely be condemned throughout congress and right up to the president himself.

Do so for the black community, you get awards from townships, the states and even the federal government=, thanking you for your "hard work" and dedication to your cause.

jimnyc
04-01-2012, 02:23 PM
Just in case anyone wonders, who doesn't want to type in that racist name to see who owns it -the N word.com is owned by the NAACP.

ConHog
04-01-2012, 04:01 PM
I say we start some sort of foundation, or club, and it be solely for the advancement of white people. Do it whether they like it or not. We would be labeled perhaps the most racist people in America, and would be laughed at by the pundits and night shows, immediately. We would likely be condemned throughout congress and right up to the president himself.

Do so for the black community, you get awards from townships, the states and even the federal government=, thanking you for your "hard work" and dedication to your cause.

Unlike those assholes, I don't advocate one race over others.

Noir
04-01-2012, 04:32 PM
Just in case anyone wonders, who doesn't want to type in that racist name to see who owns it -the N word.com is owned by the NAACP.

Which is pretty sensible if you're NAACP.

jimnyc
04-01-2012, 04:45 PM
Which is pretty sensible if you're NAACP.

Maybe so, but they should probably try and do more for the black community by having so many stars/celebs/musicians stop using the name they are trying to prevent others from using. They care that others say it but not when fellow blacks say it. Just like black leaders rant and rave and want justice when a black person is killed but fall silent and disappear when it's the only way around.

Trigg
04-01-2012, 05:05 PM
Once again the MSM is trying to drum up negative press on a GOP candidate. I highly doubt he was even thinking that word. It sounds to me like he is starting to say negotiator and got tongue tied or distracted.

Noir
04-01-2012, 05:18 PM
Once again the MSM is trying to drum up negative press on a GOP candidate. I highly doubt he was even thinking that word. It sounds to me like he is starting to say negotiator and got tongue tied or distracted.

Then why didn't he say it? "nig-uh negotiator" rather than Just start a brand new sentence? You don't not make your point because you trip over a word, thought it is quite unbelievable that word would come to mind.

Trigg
04-01-2012, 05:40 PM
Then why didn't he say it? "nig-uh negotiator" rather than Just start a brand new sentence? You don't not make your point because you trip over a word, thought it is quite unbelievable that word would come to mind.

I've gotten tongue tied before and usually just start over with a different way of saying what I was trying to say.

We don't see all of the speech so maybe he did go on to make his point. Does anyone have a continuation of that clip?

Seems to me that the MSM is editing things to make a candidate look bad and trying to make news where their is none.

It wouldn't be unusual just look at the Trayvon 911 tapes, they make their own news.

jimnyc
04-01-2012, 05:44 PM
I do know that I pronounce negotiator as "ni go she ator" - so I guess I can see "nig" being the beginning of negotiator. I know it's definitely starting with "nig", that's all I can say for sure. I honestly don't know much of Santorum, at least the man personally. But I don't think I've ever heard anything about racism from him, but I could be wrong. Just would seem odd to have such a religious man, with no racist background, to suddenly dropping the N bomb.

I wonder if anyone has questioned him about this, or if the MSM is aware. I see the video on Youtube has over a million views now. I'll say this much, if it's innocent like I suspect, this ain't helping him anyway.

krisy
04-01-2012, 05:44 PM

I'm with you on this. If I had watched that WITHOUT the suggestion that he was starting to say the "n" word,I would have never even thought about it. The power of suggestion is strong,and on top of that,he is not stupid. Maybe he wanted to say nit-wit lol. The media can't stand him because he is a devout Catholic and has morals.

Noir
04-01-2012, 07:10 PM
I've gotten tongue tied before and usually just start over with a different way of saying what I was trying to say.

We don't see all of the speech so maybe he did go on to make his point. Does anyone have a continuation of that clip?

Seems to me that the MSM is editing things to make a candidate look bad and trying to make news where their is none.

It wouldn't be unusual just look at the Trayvon 911 tapes, they make their own news.

Feast your eyes and ears to 70 minutes of santorum. I could only manage 18.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/nzyvo8SKa0M" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

My monies still on Freud slip, but we'll never know, and wether it was or wasn't won't matter in as much as he will still take the same hit over it.

LuvRPgrl
04-02-2012, 04:35 PM
Well i'm sure you guys have heard of it if i have, what are you thoughts? I'm guessing Freudian slip, or he was going to try and say 'negative' got tongue tied, tried to recover with an 'ugh' and move onto the next sentence without realising until later what it had sounded like.

noir finally shows a sense of humor,,,

that was meant to be funny, right?

LuvRPgrl
04-02-2012, 04:38 PM
Then why didn't he say it?.

so now santorum is being attacked for what he doesnt say? as well as what he does say?

"nig-uh negotiator" rather than Just start a brand new sentence? You don't not make your point because you trip over a word, thought it is quite unbelievable that word would come to mind.

AND ATTACKED FOR WHAT HE IS THINKING?

OH, give me a blow job

Noir
04-02-2012, 08:45 PM
noir finally shows a sense of humor,,,

that was meant to be funny, right?

Exactly.

gabosaurus
04-03-2012, 01:29 PM

You would be surprised how many people, from all walks of life, just can't avoid the temptation to use "that word." :p

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20060202203053/uncyclopedia/images/d/dd/NiggaPlease.jpg

Little-Acorn
04-03-2012, 07:08 PM
About the only places I've heard it, were in Richard Pryor comedies, and "Blazing Saddles". Plus an occasional mention from Eddie Murphy and "Gone with the Wind".

So no, I'm not surprised how "many" people use it.