PDA

View Full Version : Here is a chance for libs to speak

LuvRPgrl
04-02-2012, 04:43 PM
OUT and tell us exactly how they would have done things differently if they were god.,

I doubt they will give much response, because they really dont have an answer.
and of course, conservatives are allowed to respong, and even the ultra liberal NEO

logroller
04-02-2012, 05:53 PM
OUT and tell us exactly how they would have done things differently if they were god.,

and of course, conservatives are allowed to respong, and even the ultra liberal NEO

I would of turned water into oil, instead of wine.

LuvRPgrl
04-03-2012, 12:42 AM
I would of turned water into oil, instead of wine.

you obviously arent a member of AA;)

gabosaurus
04-03-2012, 01:21 PM
I would make it so guys' balls would swell up several days each month. Accompanied by bloating, cramps and 24-hour diarrhea. :slap:

I would also make it a law that those who oppose abortion have to adopt at least one "unwanted" child. Because every life is precious, ya know?

As God, I would also turn random white conservatives into poor blacks, illegal Mexicans or Muslims. So they can know how the other half lives.

jimnyc
04-03-2012, 01:25 PM
I would also make it a law that those who oppose abortion have to adopt at least one "unwanted" child. Because every life is precious, ya know?

So, if someone wants to preserve all life, including unborn children, they should take over the responsibility that others refuse to own up to? Wouldn't it be easier all the way around if people took personal responsibility for themselves, whether prior to or after getting someone pregnant?

As God, I would also turn random white conservatives into poor blacks, illegal Mexicans or Muslims. So they can know how the other half lives.

And would you turn them into law abiding citizens who work hard to get where they want in life?

logroller
04-03-2012, 01:31 PM
you obviously arent a member of AA;)
I'm no quitter...but I could stop whenever I want to;)

gabosaurus
04-03-2012, 01:35 PM
I would also adopt some ideas from Sharia Law. I particularly like the "eye for an eye" punishment. Like if you steal something, you get your hand cut off. That would be a great punishment for rapists. :cool:

Noir
04-03-2012, 01:37 PM
If i were god?

Well i wouldn't of made the universe for a start. T'was its first (and most memorable) mistake.

logroller
04-03-2012, 01:37 PM
I would make it so guys' balls would swell up several days each month. Accompanied by bloating, cramps and 24-hour diarrhea. :slap:
That describes my every weekend from age 17 to 25. Thank God for bloody Mary's and masturbation.:laugh2:

logroller
04-03-2012, 01:39 PM
If i were god?

Well i wouldn't of made the universe for a start. T'was its first (and most memorable) mistake.
Nothing ventured....

gabosaurus
04-03-2012, 01:44 PM
For my next law, I would force any drunk driver who killed or injured anyone to register as an alcohol offender and not be allowed to live in neighborhoods with families. They are more dangerous than sex offenders.

jimnyc
04-03-2012, 01:46 PM
If i were god?

He should have skipped the Middle East, and maybe Harlem here in NY. And he should have brought you limey bastards closer to the US so we could easier keep an eye on you fuckers! :laugh2:

jimnyc
04-03-2012, 01:48 PM
For my next law, I would force any drunk driver who killed or injured anyone to register as an alcohol offender and not be allowed to live in neighborhoods with families. They are more dangerous than sex offenders.

I agree with your law but I don't know about "more" dangerous, depends on the specific case. Someone who has violated a child who is still a baby, is worse than a murderer in my book, or at least close. People like that, or most sex offenders anyway (most I said), I don't think can be rehabilitated.

LuvRPgrl
04-03-2012, 02:00 PM

so, everybody who drives has to give up all; drinking of booze, ok,, makes sense.

and I already know how the other half lives, but I managed to make it ok.
I had to fend for myself, everything except the rent, from age 7 on, no parents to speak of, and in poor neighborhoods,
also, dont youi think some white folks are poor too? Is it somehow their own fault, but if your black, you are a victim?

fj1200
04-04-2012, 01:12 PM

Can you also make it a law that libs pay for poverty enhancing programs that have done such a bang up job?

Wind Song
04-04-2012, 01:21 PM

What things are you talking about? If you're wondering if I could visualize the world as a pure land, I can.

LuvRPgrl
04-06-2012, 01:50 PM
What things are you talking about? If you're wondering if I could visualize the world as a pure land, I can.

ok, how would that work, visualizing is one thing, formulating how it would come into existence is another.

Wind Song
04-06-2012, 03:37 PM
ok, how would that work, visualizing is one thing, formulating how it would come into existence is another.

It starts first with thought.

logroller
04-06-2012, 04:46 PM
It starts first with thought.
I would say it starts first with an observation.

Toro
04-06-2012, 06:22 PM
If I were God, the Vikings would win the Super Bowl every year.

Wind Song
04-06-2012, 06:56 PM
I would say it starts first with an observation.

If we're discussing creativity, it starts first with visualization, which is thought.

Dilloduck
04-06-2012, 07:02 PM
If I were God, the Vikings would win the Super Bowl every year.

Could you start with just ONE YEAR ?

logroller
04-06-2012, 10:17 PM
If we're discussing creativity, it starts first with visualization, which is thought.

Hmmm. I still think every visualization stems from some observed sense. My sister explained to me how Helen Keller visualized color. Ice was blue, fire= red, yellow the warmth of a sunny day-- visualized through observation. How could one think of something which had no basis of observation? Can you give me an example?

Wind Song
04-09-2012, 09:39 AM
Hmmm. I still think every visualization stems from some observed sense. My sister explained to me how Helen Keller visualized color. Ice was blue, fire= red, yellow the warmth of a sunny day-- visualized through observation. How could one think of something which had no basis of observation? Can you give me an example?

For someone to create anything, he or she has to mentally design it, visualize first.

tailfins
04-09-2012, 10:02 AM

In other words, every life you touched with this power would be worse off!

LuvRPgrl
04-09-2012, 10:02 AM
For someone to create anything, he or she has to mentally design it, visualize first.

in order to mentally design something you have to combine elements of things you have already seen, people never really "CREATE" anything, we just recombine.

try viualizing or drawing something you have never seen before,,,and it cant be composed of anything you have ever seen before either.

as for helen keller, I really dont honestly know how anyone can claim to think they know what was going on in her visual mind.

Wind Song
04-09-2012, 10:21 AM
in order to mentally design something you have to combine elements of things you have already seen, people never really "CREATE" anything, we just recombine.

try viualizing or drawing something you have never seen before,,,and it cant be composed of anything you have ever seen before either.

as for helen keller, I really dont honestly know how anyone can claim to think they know what was going on in her visual mind.

Visualization improves performance. Basketball player who visualize the ball going through the hoop before they throw are more accurate. Visualization actually moves muscle tissue. If you visualize moving your leg before you move it, the mind has affected the body already.

Visualization is a powerful spiritual and mental tool to create something previously uncreated.

Nikola Tesla the great inventor, (of X-rays among other things) used visualization first in all of his miraculous inventions. He would imagine how each invention would work before he ever put anything on paper.

tailfins
04-09-2012, 11:01 AM
Visualization improves performance. Basketball player who visualize the ball going through the hoop before they throw are more accurate. Visualization actually moves muscle tissue. If you visualize moving your leg before you move it, the mind has affected the body already.

Visualization is a powerful spiritual and mental tool to create something previously uncreated.

Nikola Tesla the great inventor, (of X-rays among other things) used visualization first in all of his miraculous inventions. He would imagine how each invention would work before he ever put anything on paper.

That's fine for visual thinkers. I am a pattern thinker. The matrix is the source of my inspiration. I mean a formal matrix, the one that gives you determinants and inverses. The ones where [X'X]-1 * [X'Y] gives you ordinary least squares, dispensing with memorizing formulas to do statistics. Matrices are the basis of programming arrays/collections of any number of dimensions, decision contingencies, differential equations. They are the key to many mathematical and scientific advancements.

SassyLady
04-10-2012, 11:31 PM

Not true ... I have created some quite spectacular mosaics simply by dropping several pieces of dishes at the same time. Had no mental design or visualization until after the accident when I went to clean it up and saw the beauty in the chaos. Sometimes cataclysmic events happen that way.

SassyLady
04-10-2012, 11:33 PM
That's fine for visual thinkers. I am a pattern thinker. The matrix is the source of my inspiration. I mean a formal matrix, the one that gives you determinants and inverses. The ones where [X'X]-1 * [X'Y] gives you ordinary least squares, dispensing with memorizing formulas to do statistics. Matrices are the basis of programming arrays/collections of any number of dimensions, decision contingencies, differential equations. They are the key to many mathematical and scientific advancements.

Huh?

:smartass2:

gabosaurus
04-11-2012, 12:48 AM

You are reminding me of the time I spent as a math major in college, playing with differential equations and all. Now STOP IT!!! :death:

Gator Monroe
04-11-2012, 11:46 AM
You are reminding me of the time I spent as a math major in college, playing with differential equations and all. Now STOP IT!!! :death:

Did your College have a Football Program (Even Division 3) ??

gabosaurus
04-12-2012, 11:25 AM
Dude, I went to Cal-Berkley, one of the top colleges in the nation.

MtnBiker
04-12-2012, 01:06 PM
In the name of fairness (obama's new favorite term) I would require cognitive and logical thinking, so as to diminish the effects of fantasy based thinking that results in posts such as this one below.

Little-Acorn
04-12-2012, 01:19 PM
This thread has kind of puzzled me for a while.

Why did anyone have to open a thread, in order to give liberals a chance to speak out and say things?

They've been able to do that for years, decades, centuries. And all without some thread to "give" them the opportunity. Something in the 1st amendment about that, in fact.

Yet all we've gotten from them, in my memory at least (I can't speak for the first century or two, sorry), boils down to "Government will fix it" and "Anyone who disagrees is eeeevil and we can do to them whatever we like, starting with stealing everything they've got".

The absence of material solutions from liberals that actually work, has nothing to do with the lack of threads being opened for them.

That is, in fact, significant. But probably not in the way the OP intended.

gabosaurus
04-14-2012, 09:30 PM
Unlike conservative Republicans, liberals don't need to be told what to think. That is why there are no liberal radio/TV talking heads and no liberal equivalent of Fox News.
Liberals often disagree with each other. Which is why lib members of Congress often support conservative measure they agree, rather than voting as a block for the benefit of "party unity."
Liberals tend to be more educated and question the government more often. We can voice unpopular opinions without fear of the party hierarchy calling us out. That is why there are so many unscripted gaffes. Speaking off the cuff can be a dangerous thing in this era of the everpresent "gotcha" media.

LuvRPgrl
04-15-2012, 02:00 AM
Unlike conservative Republicans, liberals don't need to be told what to think. That is why there are no liberal radio/TV talking heads and no liberal equivalent of Fox News.
Liberals often disagree with each other. Which is why lib members of Congress often support conservative measure they agree, rather than voting as a block for the benefit of "party unity."
Liberals tend to be more educated and question the government more often. We can voice unpopular opinions without fear of the party hierarchy calling us out. That is why there are so many unscripted gaffes. Speaking off the cuff can be a dangerous thing in this era of the everpresent "gotcha" media.

your post sounds like it came straight outta the dems talking heads playbook

LuvRPgrl
04-15-2012, 12:52 PM

well, Im certainly glad this thread is all about God,,,,I think the lack of response to the real topic means they really dont have an answer and can only bitch about things like gabby is proving in this thread

as for visual vs pattern thinkers, it sounds a bit confusing to me.
I think we might be comparing apples to oranges, there are lots of different types of thinking, but also purposes of different thinking.

and wind song is using two different types of visual thinking in her examples of "proof", visual thinking to create new ideas or solutions, vs visual thinking to help performance.

as for your pattern thinking, your statement is a bit incomplete, "inspiration" for what?
Math being my favorite subject, I relate to your "pattern thinking",
I will tell you one thing though, your distaste for memorizing equations is based in your instructors not teaching you what equations really are,

a true mathmetician never memorizes equations, they simply come to understand them, then no memorizing is neccessary. Math is simply a language, and equations are thoughts, thinking about equations as something to memorize is the philosophers equivalence of memorzing statements such as, I think, therefore I am, when you really need only to understand it, not memorize it.

and Im not sure what you mean by "decision contingencies"?

LuvRPgrl
04-15-2012, 01:31 PM
Unlike conservative Republicans, liberals don't need to be told what to think..

no, they just need to be told what to do, which is why they support big govt dominating our lives, like obama care,

That is why there are no liberal radio/TV talking heads.
had to take a break and clean up the beer I just spit up after reading that.

and no liberal equivalent of Fox News..

yep, FOX news has no equivalent, even though all the liberal stations are still trying to achieve FOX's superior ratings.

Liberals often disagree with each other. Which is why lib members of Congress often support conservative measure they agree,.

You mean like how they have been able to come up with a budget,,,,errrr, THREE YEARS AGO, AND NONE SINCE????

rather than voting as a block for the benefit of "party unity.".
OPPPPPPS, just when I thought the limit of your idiotic thinking could surprise me no more, here I spilled my beer again.
SERIOUSLY, YOU REALLY THINK THERE IS MUCH OF A DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE TWO PARTIES?
I see them both as evil twins, and only vote republican because it supports big govt LESS than the dems do, you are the fool falling for the evil twin who is stealing your money and claiming its ok cuz twin brother is doing something something so much worse, like taking away your abortion

rights, and while your rightous indignation makes you exclaim. "YOU ARE SO RIGHT, THEY ARE TRYING TO DENY ABORTIONS", the evil twins are pick pocketing you and laughing all the way to the bank while you do some more in depth philosopical reading about abortion rights and those evil republicans, to make yourself feel better and superior to those dumb twitted red neck republicans while the dems are stealing you blind.

Liberals tend to be more educated.".
yea, like Jimmy Carter,,,educated while not logging in one digit of common sense,

and question the government more often..".
yea, but the question is, "oh holy one, big government, how can we make you bigger and more powerful, after all, without you, the idiot simpleton american people will have to solve their own problems, and we know they cant do that, oh holy one, how can we make you more powerful?", and the "oh mighty holy one" spoke out of the clouds to you with this answer OBAMACARE !!!!

We can voice unpopular opinions without fear of the party hierarchy calling us out..".
ONLY problem is you never do.,,,

That is why there are so many unscripted gaffes..".
gaffes eh, so Biden is merely expressing unpopular opinions? hahhah, or just REALLY STUPID BONE HEADED IDEAS,

Speaking off the cuff can be a dangerous thing in this era of the everpresent "gotcha" media.
Yea, the ever present super conservative media like NBC, CBS, AND ABC.

fj1200
04-15-2012, 08:42 PM
^Sometimes you've just gotta pull apart a post like that. :laugh:

LuvRPgrl
04-16-2012, 02:33 AM
^Sometimes you've just gotta pull apart a post like that. :laugh:

exactly,,

such a short post made me vomit so many times, just hadda respond

Said1
04-20-2012, 11:19 PM

:lol:

fj1200
02-11-2023, 02:17 PM

Almost 11 years later and this post did not age well. :laugh:

NightTrain
02-11-2023, 02:31 PM

Her inane babbling has given me countless hours of amusement over the years. I'm just glad it was free or I'd be bankrupt.

revelarts
02-11-2023, 03:00 PM
sad thing is she might still believe every word of that.
I know some liberals do.

NightTrain
02-11-2023, 07:39 PM
sad thing is she might still believe every word of that.
I know some liberals do.

Funny thing about that. With Gabby, she would confidently espouse these kinds of outlandish ideas, and a week later say something completely different.

I firmly believe she would program her short term memory (think RAM) with something another rabid moonbat wrote on the internet and completely adopt it until she read some other post that would overwrite the previous views.

I know many of you said she was smart, but I truly think she was one of the least intelligent people I've ever run across on the wild wild interwebs. And I've run across a lot of stupid ones.