PDA

View Full Version : Eagle, Fox and Cat hanging out on porch together

SassyLady
04-02-2012, 10:28 PM
This woman has posted many videos of her cats hanging out with Eagles and Foxes. Once you go to the site to watch this video you'll see the others. Really cool ... some are taken in the winter and some are taken at other times of year ... so this isn't a once in a blue moon thing ... looks like it's a common thing on her porch.

http://main.aol.com/2012/03/29/eagle-fox-cats-hang-out_n_1391315.html

logroller
04-02-2012, 10:54 PM
I'm guessing she feeds them. Super cool though, especially the eagle. I feedbirds and all I get are dove and sparrows.

SassyLady
04-02-2012, 11:18 PM
There are other videos where she is feeding the birds. There is a really cool one of an eagle sitting on her railing and screeching at her. Scared the crap out of me when I watched it for the first time. Did you watch that one?

logroller
04-03-2012, 12:20 AM
^Just did. Amazing how tame Mrs eagle is. Showed it to my daughter and she jumped.:laugh:

Dilloduck
04-03-2012, 12:36 AM
I'm guessing she feeds them. Super cool though, especially the eagle. I feedbirds and all I get are dove and sparrows.

Do you ever put out eagle food ? Huh? :slap:

CSM
04-03-2012, 06:22 AM

That's what the cats are for.

SassyLady
04-03-2012, 12:15 PM
We have some hawks across the street. They hang out in the eucalyptus and keep rabbits and mice population under control. However, they will also drop in and pick up a chicken here and there from our yards if we aren't careful.

logroller
04-03-2012, 01:23 PM
I did have a pond at my last house, with koi--attracted some herons, but no eagles:sad:

We have some hawks across the street. They hang out in the eucalyptus and keep rabbits and mice population under control. However, they will also drop in and pick up a chicken here and there from our yards if we aren't careful.
We have hawks too. At my last house I spied a kestrel chowing down on a blackbird. I remember hearing a ruckus, thinking it was a petty squabble at first, then the raptor and I made eye contact..."carry on" was my response; it did. My parents find dove remains about once a month. Funny you'd mention chickens; I used to let my chickens roam free 24/7 (until they started hiding their eggs) and a hawk landed on my gazebo; so I turned my 5-lb yorker outside. Haven't seen the hawk since. I guess the hawks haven't got the memo about a bark being worse than the bite.