PDA

View Full Version : House M.D.

jimnyc
04-03-2012, 01:50 PM
Anyone else a habitual watcher like me? Not sure if I mentioned this already, but only 8 episodes left as Hugh Laurie has decided to leave after this season. Was an awesome 8 year run and was one of the best series I've ever seen. That's a witty bastard and they used him for that show perfectly. I still can't get over how he's done so many episodes and never shows his accent.

Who else watches?

Abbey Marie
04-03-2012, 04:32 PM
Never miss it. It's a superior show in every way, and I will be sorry when it's gone.

Dilloduck
04-03-2012, 05:20 PM
The episode when he "hallucinates" in the bus wreck was the best. IMO of course. Great show.

:coffee:

Little-Acorn
04-03-2012, 07:01 PM
It had a great premise: A brilliant but eccentric doctor forms a tiger team to go after weird or unusual high-risk cases that have regular doctors stumped.

But then the show degenerated into standard Hollywood fare: The usual backbiting, personality conflicts, tension, unhappiness, and more painful social situations (unrelated to the premise) than most people have in a lifetime. All the same dreary stuff you can get on any soap opera, evening "drama", or sitcom. It was all a VERY unfortunate diversion from what the show could have been.

P.S. My 13-year-old son is a background actor and played a VERY small part in a House episode several years ago. During a Christmas show shot in a church supposedly near the campus, the church was full of people as House walked in, went down the aisle and sat down. My son was one of the hundreds of people filling the church. Ah, fame and glory.... :D

Abbey Marie
04-03-2012, 08:25 PM
I enjoyed most of the "conflicts", especially because with Greg House they were so different from the standard fare. Straight medical stories would have grown tiresome pretty quickly.