PDA

View Full Version : Shocker - Octomom now getting welfare

jimnyc
04-06-2012, 10:54 AM
How did this woman think she was going to feed and take care of 14 kids? And now she's talking about being on TV, probably some sort of reality show - but why in the fu^% would I want to watch this flipping idiot on the TV? This is ridiculous that the taxpayers now have to foot the bill for her idiotic decisions.

Despite dire financial straits, octuplets mother Nadya Suleman said she is still capable of being a good mother and supporting her brood of 14 children.

In an interview with Matt Lauer on the "Today" show Thursday, the Orange County woman acknowledged that she is accepting food stamps as a temporary measure to make ends meet.

Suleman, who had vowed not to accept public assistance, said she has been accepting $2,000 a month in food stamps for the last two months. She said she has business ventures in the works to make money, including an online "Octomom TV" project and the release of a horror movie she starred in, "Millennium."

"I'm working as hard as I possibly can to support them," she said.

In response to a question about her financial condition deteriorating to the point that social services may be forced to break up her family, Suleman said, "That will never happen. I can guarantee you of that."

Suleman is also facing foreclosure on her La Habra home, but her attorney recently told City News Service that those proceedings could be delayed until late April.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2012/04/06/BAPQ1NVF20.DTL

fj1200
04-06-2012, 12:25 PM
:facepalm99:

Noir
04-06-2012, 12:50 PM
Firstly, how many people on this board would be able to cope if they suddenly found that they did not have a single babe, or twins, but eight on the way?!

Maas for the TV show, if *you* don't find it interesting no one is forcing you to watch it, however, if people do find it interesting, and ratings are such that it means the advertisers are willing to pay her enough to feed her family, whats wrong with that? Would you rather she was on benifits or on a TV show that you don't find interesting and as far as you're concerned need never air?

Lastly what's the alternative? She had 6 kids, and I assume was trying for another, believing she could support 7, or maybe 8 if twins. But how was she to expect she would have not 8 in total, but 8 more to feed? How is this to be prevented in future? Forced abortion? Forced adoption?

Its well easy to judge Jim, but I'd put it to you that you'd struggle if the last child you'd conceived turned out, beyond your control, to have 7 brothers and sisters

fj1200
04-06-2012, 01:07 PM
Firstly, how many people on this board would be able to cope if they suddenly found that they did not have a single babe, or twins, but eight on the way?!

How many could cope if they were single, emotionally unstable, and pumping themselves full of fertility drugs? Or it could be that nobody is that dumb.

Trigg
04-06-2012, 01:07 PM

Maas for the TV show, if *you* don't find it interesting no one is forcing you to watch it, however, if people do find it interesting, and ratings are such that it means the advertisers are willing to pay her enough to feed her family, whats wrong with that? Would you rather she was on benifits or on a TV show that you don't find interesting and as far as you're concerned need never air?

Lastly what's the alternative? She had 6 kids, and I assume was trying for another, believing she could support 7, or maybe 8 if twins. But how was she to expect she would have not 8 in total, but 8 more to feed? How is this to be prevented in future? Forced abortion? Forced adoption?

Its well easy to judge Jim, but I'd put it to you that you'd struggle if the last child you'd conceived turned out, beyond your control, to have 7 brothers and sisters

Perhaps you are ignorant of this woman's story???

Do a little research and you will discover why most people are disgusted when they find out this woman is receiving benefits.

Noir
04-06-2012, 01:30 PM
Perhaps you are ignorant of this woman's story???

Do a little research and you will discover why most people are disgusted when they find out this woman is receiving benefits.

Indeed, there seems to be a huge back story to this that I was unaware of, making my previous post somewhat redundant.

jimnyc
04-06-2012, 02:55 PM
Indeed, there seems to be a huge back story to this that I was unaware of, making my previous post somewhat redundant.

Yeah, she CHOSE and PLANNED to have as many kids as possible, and even her doctor is/was under investigation for "giving" her 8 kids, when she already had 6 kids. And that's what I was getting at, she CHOSE to be in this situation and now wants/expects taxpayers to help her foot the bill.

Nukeman
04-07-2012, 07:51 AM
Yeah, she CHOSE and PLANNED to have as many kids as possible, and even her doctor is/was under investigation for "giving" her 8 kids, when she already had 6 kids. And that's what I was getting at, she CHOSE to be in this situation and now wants/expects taxpayers to help her foot the bill.
How is she different than almost EVERY OTHER welfare mother out there. I think that they should only get benefits for for the national average of children, since after all its the "national average"... That would IMO put a stop to all the baby making and maybe they would take a little resposibility for themselvs.... Maybe!?!?!?

jimnyc
04-07-2012, 09:54 AM
How is she different than almost EVERY OTHER welfare mother out there. I think that they should only get benefits for for the national average of children, since after all its the "national average"... That would IMO put a stop to all the baby making and maybe they would take a little resposibility for themselvs.... Maybe!?!?!?

I could get on board with that. And the only way I see her different is, that she was having a very difficult time with her 6 kids - and then decided to have 8 more - knowing she was already having a difficult time? I'm wondering how she thought she was going to pay the bills and feed and clothe these kids? Then in an interview about 6 months ago or so, she stated how much the kids drover her nuts and he despised them!