PDA

View Full Version : Trayvon Martin death won't go to Fla. grand jury

jimnyc
04-09-2012, 11:41 AM
First off, look at the picture in the article. Appealing to emotions for nutjobs like WS. The picture is AT LEAST 3 years old, if not more, and Trayvon looks NOTHING like that at all just prior to his death.

Anyhow, I can see the riots coming already. And I'll guaranfuckingtee you that some will already be crying foul. But this is the way it should be handled. Let INVESTIGATORS gather all the FACTS, and then decide if those facts merit whether or not this man should be arrested.

ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) — Special prosecutor Angela Corey said Monday she will not take the Trayvon Martin shooting death before a grand jury.

Corey said she continues to investigate the case and will not involve a grand jury that had been set to meet Tuesday in Sanford, Fla.

Corey said her decision to skip the grand jury shouldn't be considered a factor in determining whether charges will be filed against George Zimmerman, the neighborhood watch volunteer who has admitted to fatally shooting the unarmed Martin.

The announcement means the decision on charges now rests solely with Corey, who had a reputation for not presenting cases before grand juries if it wasn't required. Under Florida law, only first-degree murder cases require the use of grand juries.

Corey took over the case last month after the prosecutor who normally handles cases out of Sanford recused himself. That prosecutor, Norm Wolfinger, had originally called for the case to be presented before a grand jury.

"From the moment she was assigned, Ms. Corey noted she may not need a grand jury," said a statement from Corey's office.

http://news.yahoo.com/trayvon-martin-death-wont-fla-grand-jury-155926951.html

Wind Song
04-09-2012, 11:46 AM
Trayvon was a 17 year old high school student who got mostly A's and B's. He was a normal teenager. He died b/c Zimmerman played cop, which was completely inappropriate to his role on Neighborhood Watch. People like you, Jim, want to crucify this kid over something that had nothing to do with his death.

That in itself is racism, IMO.

jimnyc
04-09-2012, 11:48 AM
Trayvon was a 17 year old high school student who got mostly A's and B's. He was a normal teenager. He died b/c Zimmerman played cop, which was completely inappropriate to his role on Neighborhood Watch. People like you, Jim, want to crucify this kid over something that had nothing to do with his death.

His grades have NOTHING to do with this. I never crucified ANYONE in this thread. I was speaking and reporting of the legal process. Don't start your crap in yet another thread and please respond about the article I posted, or go to another thread.

Wind Song
04-09-2012, 11:49 AM
His grades have NOTHING to do with this. I never crucified ANYONE in this thread. I was speaking and reporting of the legal process. Don't start your crap in yet another thread and please respond about the article I posted, or go to another thread.

Shut up Jim. I'm not in the mood to take your crap today.

jimnyc
04-09-2012, 11:51 AM
Shut up Jim. I'm not in the mood to take your crap today.

I am hoping to have a decent discussion about the legal process of this case. I'm not going to let you become a victim and derail every thread you enter.

WS has been removed from this discussion.

fj1200
04-09-2012, 12:09 PM

When the traditional definition of racism no longer fits the template, redefine racism.

DragonStryk72
04-09-2012, 12:20 PM
Trayvon was a 17 year old high school student who got mostly A's and B's.

Is that a fact, or your opinion?

He was a normal teenager.

He died b/c Zimmerman played cop, which was completely inappropriate to his role on Neighborhood Watch.

People like you, Jim, want to crucify this kid over something that had nothing to do with his death.

Oh, good, the only actual opinion you've stated. Granted it has absolutely no backing, so it's actually really bigoted, but at least you state it's an opinion.

So to get your opinion straight: Every cop who stops a black man for questioning is a racist?

Trigg
04-09-2012, 12:37 PM

I think she's just making shit up now, I've never seen his grades posted.

I have seen that he was out of school because of a suspension related to drugs.

DragonStryk72
04-09-2012, 12:39 PM
First off, look at the picture in the article. Appealing to emotions for nutjobs like WS. The picture is AT LEAST 3 years old, if not more, and Trayvon looks NOTHING like that at all just prior to his death.

Anyhow, I can see the riots coming already. And I'll guaranfuckingtee you that some will already be crying foul. But this is the way it should be handled. Let INVESTIGATORS gather all the FACTS, and then decide if those facts merit whether or not this man should be arrested.

Actually, that's probably a good thing. Having a grand jury in this instance would just muck this up and make the investigative process take longer than usual. People don't want to wait the extra 6 months to a year that would result from a Grand Jury's involvement. Better to allow investigators to get in there and establish the facts in a shorter time, than to involve a Grand Jury just to satiate the masses.

The real test is the actual functionality of the "stand your ground" law. If it does allow for this, then in my opinion, the law is too broad. It wasn't like Martin just flipped out on Zimmerman, Zimmerman went looking for him, with knowledge that this could very well end up in a fight. He even went in after getting told not to by the 911 operator. That's not self-defense anymore, again, in my opinion.

I see Zimmerman as a coward for pulling a gun in a fist fight just because he was losing it. I've been in fist fights before, even ones where I was outnumbered significantly, and I never felt a need to draw a lethal weapon. If he didn't want to chance a fight, he should have stayed in his fucking car, and not gone tracking down someone who had more than six inches on him. Slipping up on someone from behind at night after you've been stalking them is a good way to get yourself an ass-whuppin'. When you are claiming ground, it isn't standing ground.

Dilloduck
04-09-2012, 12:41 PM
She has the hots for Jim and is trying had to suppress it.

fj1200
04-09-2012, 12:43 PM
The announcement means the decision on charges now rests solely with Corey, who had a reputation for not presenting cases before grand juries if it wasn't required. Under Florida law, only first-degree murder cases require the use of grand juries.

She probably didn't want to risk the GJ kicking it. Of course that probably would have absolved her of taking it to court.

Thunderknuckles
04-09-2012, 12:47 PM
I agree with Dragon. Back in the olden days the Grand Jury served a useful purpose. Today they mostly green light cases that would have move forward anyway. Best to just save time and side step them. Folks who are salivating over putting Zimmerman away should actually be happy about this decision.

gabosaurus
04-09-2012, 01:09 PM
They are merely following precedent. Obviously, rational thought doesn't apply to this case.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/

Missileman
04-09-2012, 01:33 PM
I see Zimmerman as a coward for pulling a gun in a fist fight just because he was losing it.

Once Martin climbed on and started pounding Zimmerman's head into the pavement it was no longer just a fist fight.

DragonStryk72
04-09-2012, 05:00 PM
Once Martin climbed on and started pounding Zimmerman's head into the pavement it was no longer just a fist fight.

Um yeah it is. I've been in that position: Punch/crush Martin's ball to force him off you, punch him in the throat, eye gouge. None of these things require pulling a gun. A better tactic is to cover your head and face like a boxer, and let the other person tire themselves out swinging, then come back at them, which again, I've had to use before. And I still didn't require a gun to do so, and yes, I've been in that position with who had me on both size and weight.

jimnyc
04-09-2012, 05:03 PM
Um yeah it is. I've been in that position: Punch/crush Martin's ball to force him off you, punch him in the throat, eye gouge. None of these things require pulling a gun. A better tactic is to cover your head and face like a boxer, and let the other person tire themselves out swinging, then come back at them, which again, I've had to use before. And I still didn't require a gun to do so, and yes, I've been in that position with who had me on both size and weight.

Even if others feel it was "just" a fist fight, what matters in the end is whether or not Zimmerman felt his life was in danger at the point he pulled his weapon. The DA will have a large hill to climb in claiming otherwise, especially when an eyewitness claims he saw Zimmerman on the bottom screaming for help.

DragonStryk72
04-09-2012, 05:12 PM
Even if others feel it was "just" a fist fight, what matters in the end is whether or not Zimmerman felt his life was in danger at the point he pulled his weapon. The DA will have a large hill to climb in claiming otherwise, especially when an eyewitness claims he saw Zimmerman on the bottom screaming for help.

Ah, but that goes both ways. If Martin saw the gun, or Zimmerman put a hand to it while questioning, then it was Martin who was within his legal rights. It wouldn't even have to have been a conscious move.

jimnyc
04-09-2012, 05:20 PM
Ah, but that goes both ways. If Martin saw the gun, or Zimmerman put a hand to it while questioning, then it was Martin who was within his legal rights. It wouldn't even have to have been a conscious move.

Martin can't be tried or testify at this point. The only legal thing that can happen would be Zimmerman being tried for a crime. In that event, a witness will testify seeing Martin pummeling Zimmerman, and Zimmerman pleading for help. The scenarios you shoot out, while 'could' technically be correct, they would simply be guesses. This is where the testimony of an eyewitness, who called 911 before ever going outside with Zimmerman, told a version of events that matched with what Zimmerman was outside telling investigators.

So yes, if what you say was in fact true, Martin would be within his legal rights to have defended himself up to killing the person trying to kill him. But with zero evidence to show him being harmed, I don't think that'll fly.

Martin isn't on trial, but if he was these could be things used in his defense. Instead, the only one that could be on trial is Zimmerman, and if that happens, then the "facts" and witness testimony come into effect, and those things are on his side.

DragonStryk72
04-09-2012, 05:29 PM
Martin can't be tried or testify at this point. The only legal thing that can happen would be Zimmerman being tried for a crime. In that event, a witness will testify seeing Martin pummeling Zimmerman, and Zimmerman pleading for help. The scenarios you shoot out, while 'could' technically be correct, they would simply be guesses. This is where the testimony of an eyewitness, who called 911 before ever going outside with Zimmerman, told a version of events that matched with what Zimmerman was outside telling investigators.

So yes, if what you say was in fact true, Martin would be within his legal rights to have defended himself up to killing the person trying to kill him. But with zero evidence to show him being harmed, I don't think that'll fly.

Martin isn't on trial, but if he was these could be things used in his defense. Instead, the only one that could be on trial is Zimmerman, and if that happens, then the "facts" and witness testimony come into effect, and those things are on his side.'

But only during the time period where the fight was already underway, and not the actual end of it. This still likely means that Zimmerman's going to walk, since there is technically reasonable doubt as to it being murder or self-defense under the stand your ground law.

All in all, this does prove that the "stand your ground" law needs work, is my point. A law that makes both parties legally innocent of trying to kill each other is too poorly written. It seriously needs more qualifiers to it than the way it's reading at this point.

jimnyc
04-09-2012, 05:47 PM
'

But only during the time period where the fight was already underway, and not the actual end of it. This still likely means that Zimmerman's going to walk, since there is technically reasonable doubt as to it being murder or self-defense under the stand your ground law.

All in all, this does prove that the "stand your ground" law needs work, is my point. A law that makes both parties legally innocent of trying to kill each other is too poorly written. It seriously needs more qualifiers to it than the way it's reading at this point.

The law needs to be rewritten, without a doubt.

But even without that law, I don't think one could make a case for murder. It would still be a defendant claiming self defense, and a witness seeing him being beaten in a manner that could potentially be life threatening. Carrying a concealed weapon is legal. And even without this law, one could make a case that if a life is in danger, they are within their rights to defend themselves, even with a gun.

Lets face it, people use guns as a means of self defense all the time. Many times, people will even say "It's a good thing they had the gun". Take away the speculation in this case, and the racism crap and leave this to the bare facts in evidence - and it could very well be a case of self defense without the stand your ground law. I'm NOT saying it is, but based on the evidence thus far, a good attorney can get a client off of a charge, and an eyewitness in their favor will go a long way.

Wind Song
04-09-2012, 05:59 PM
I thought you removed me. By all means, do so.

jimnyc
04-09-2012, 06:01 PM
I thought you removed me. By all means, do so.

Either join in and stay on topic, or just don't post. We don't need you trying to ruin threads or making threats to do so without being banned. Kinda childish for an adult to threaten to sully up threads unless banned.

Please, join the topic, it's better than the victim routine, and we're all better off with a good discussion than flaming and threads veering off topic.

Wind Song
04-09-2012, 06:10 PM
Oh, good, the only actual opinion you've stated. Granted it has absolutely no backing, so it's actually really bigoted, but at least you state it's an opinion.

So to get your opinion straight: Every cop who stops a black man for questioning is a racist?

No, every cop who stops a man for questioning is NOT a racist.

Wind Song
04-09-2012, 06:11 PM
Either join in and stay on topic, or just don't post. We don't need you trying to ruin threads or making threats to do so without being banned. Kinda childish for an adult to threaten to sully up threads unless banned.

Please, join the topic, it's better than the victim routine, and we're all better off with a good discussion than flaming and threads veering off topic.
The topic is that the DA chose against a Grand Jury. My bet is Zimmerman will be tried for manslaughter.

Stop throwing your weight around. It just makes you look stupid.

jimnyc
04-09-2012, 06:18 PM
The topic is that the DA chose against a Grand Jury. My bet is Zimmerman will be tried for manslaughter.

Stop throwing your weight around. It just makes you look stupid.

It's called "moderating". That's what a board needs when someone starts posting crap in threads and asking to be banned, and otherwise veering threads off topic. Throwing my weight around IS NOT granting access back to people who have already been removed from threads, as I have done for you. It's also not when I plead with a member to cool things out so I don't have to moderate. It would be doing so if I banned you for no good reason, which isn't happening and never has. - That's the LAST on moderation, now let's get back to the topic, no more discussion about this will be tolerated.

You can bet for manslaughter, others want murder, some want gun charges... ALL that matters in the end is whether or not there is sufficient proof to convict him on whatever he may be charged with. Any competent legal person will tell you, that based on the facts thus far, there isn't enough to warrant a conviction. Turn on CNN and Cspan and watch the lifelong attorneys and such discuss the case thus far.

Anton Chigurh
04-09-2012, 06:24 PM
The problem is, without a grand jury indictment the charges can't be a felony, can't be murder in any degree. Those mindlessly calling for "justus" haven't the slightest clue what that word means.

He gets arrested for a top drawer misdemeanor weapons or assault charge, bails out, then gets found not guilty at trial? Or more likely, the charges have to be dropped? This is a really stupid move by the special prosecutor.

Every grand jury is normally just a rubber stamp for a prosecutor, mostly a formality. The prosecutor doesn't have to prove anything beyond a reasonable doubt there, merely has to show cause for a formal accusation of a felony. This tells me the prosecutor knows there is no case here, and is just trying to appease the overwrought hordes. She needs to study Chamberlain and WJ Clinton to see what appeasement really does.

Wind Song
04-09-2012, 06:29 PM

He was a good kid. You want to smear his name because he's black.

Kathianne
04-09-2012, 06:34 PM

and you were about to post the link to his grades, that you stated as 'facts.' :rolleyes:

Wind Song
04-09-2012, 06:47 PM
I agree with Dragon. Back in the olden days the Grand Jury served a useful purpose. Today they mostly green light cases that would have move forward anyway. Best to just save time and side step them. Folks who are salivating over putting Zimmerman away should actually be happy about this decision.

I am salivating over him being tried. If he's not guilty, I can live with that.

Wind Song
04-09-2012, 06:48 PM
and you were about to post the link to his grades, that you stated as 'facts.' :rolleyes:

Fuck off Kathianne. My dog died today and I'm not in the mood to try and prove anything to you.

Kathianne
04-09-2012, 06:52 PM
Fuck off Kathianne. My dog died today and I'm not in the mood to try and prove anything to you.

Really, I empathize with your loss. OTOH, you were the one posting on this topic, so I will not FO.

Anton Chigurh
04-09-2012, 06:52 PM
I am salivating over him being tried.False arrest lawsuits are great. Glad I'm not a resident of FL and having to worry about that tab coming due.

The justusbots don't seem to think Zimmerman has any civil rights.

Wind Song
04-09-2012, 07:05 PM
That kid was fighting for his life. I'm not surprised. You want him dead just b/c he was black.

jimnyc
04-09-2012, 07:14 PM

Who gives a fuck? Your personal problems at home give you no right to be a scumbag towards others. You cry the victim game so damn much and bemoan name calling, but must think it's ok for you because you're having a bad day. Tough shit, we all have bad days, they suck, but that doesn't mean you should be bitchy towards others.

jimnyc
04-09-2012, 07:15 PM
That kid was fighting for his life. I'm not surprised. You want him dead just b/c he was black.

Why make such wild accusations that have no basis in fact whatsoever? WHY do you think MM wants someone dead because they are black?

DragonStryk72
04-09-2012, 07:20 PM

Okay, I am sorry that you had to put your dog down today. I've been there, I know how much it sucks, and my dog, Sam, had been with us since he was a puppy.

However, I did not go online to start shit with everyone I could, and start accusing random people of being racists. If you're not in the mood, then stop posting until you are in the mood. It's the simple, grown up thing to do.

Wind Song
04-09-2012, 07:20 PM

I've seen articles that reported Tray's grades as A's and B's and that he was worried about which college to get into. I'm not at my best today. I'm sad and angry about the dog. Not a good day to post.

jimnyc
04-09-2012, 07:24 PM
Okay, I am sorry that you had to put your dog down today. I've been there, I know how much it sucks, and my dog, Sam, had been with us since he was a puppy.

However, I did not go online to start shit with everyone I could, and start accusing random people of being racists. If you're not in the mood, then stop posting until you are in the mood. It's the simple, grown up thing to do.

I thanked you and repped you, and wish I could do more!

jimnyc
04-09-2012, 07:24 PM
I've seen articles that reported Tray's grades as A's and B's and that he was worried about which college to get into.

Can you post a few of these articles, please?

logroller
04-09-2012, 07:30 PM
I've seen articles that reported Tray's grades as A's and B's and that he was worried about which college to get into. I'm not at my best today. I'm sad and angry about the dog. Not a good day to post.

I get it, you're sad; but its no excuse to throw reason to the wind. If he had D's and F's, would it have made a difference?
I've seen an article (http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/cutline/zimmerman-neighbor-rash-robberies-young-black-men-trayvon-145647987.html)which stated Zimmerman had thwarted a burglary on February 2nd; which he managed to do without getting into a fight and shooting anyone. What was the difference that night, I wonder? Maybe his dog died.

Wind Song
04-09-2012, 07:43 PM
It's called "moderating". That's what a board needs when someone starts posting crap in threads and asking to be banned, and otherwise veering threads off topic. Throwing my weight around IS NOT granting access back to people who have already been removed from threads, as I have done for you. It's also not when I plead with a member to cool things out so I don't have to moderate. It would be doing so if I banned you for no good reason, which isn't happening and never has. - That's the LAST on moderation, now let's get back to the topic, no more discussion about this will be tolerated.

You can bet for manslaughter, others want murder, some want gun charges... ALL that matters in the end is whether or not there is sufficient proof to convict him on whatever he may be charged with. Any competent legal person will tell you, that based on the facts thus far, there isn't enough to warrant a conviction. Turn on CNN and Cspan and watch the lifelong attorneys and such discuss the case thus far.

Frankly, I could care less if I'm moderated into non-existence.

I hate the stand your ground law, cowboys who want vigilante justice and the fact that this young boy exists no more.

Dilloduck
04-09-2012, 07:44 PM
Frankly, I could care less if I'm moderated into non-existence.

I hate the stand your ground law, cowboys who want vigilante justice and the fact that this young boy exists no more.

Who wants vigilante justice ??

jimnyc
04-09-2012, 07:48 PM

And I hate that Zimmerman's life is ruined as well, even if in a much different manner, and he's already been crucified by the court of public opinion, and all the facts haven't been realeased yet, and much has been proven incorrect already.

Wind Song

Look Mr Moderator, do your worst. I could care less. You're the kind of person that doesn't care if a black kid dies.

Trigg

I can prove what I posted, they're called facts. Do you want the link?

You don't know that he was a good kid. Good kids don't usually get thrown out of school for drugs.

This, like everything else, has nothing to do with race and (unfortunatally for you) everything to do with facts.

If you don't want to prove things, than stop posting things you can't prove.

Thunderknuckles
04-09-2012, 07:49 PM
The problem is, without a grand jury indictment the charges can't be a felony, can't be murder in any degree.
That is not my understanding. You need a Grand Jury indictment only for First Degree Murder. The prosecutor can still file charges of Second Degree Murder or Manslaughter and proceed without a Grand Jury. The only thing this shows us is that they know they can't charge Zimmerman with First Degree Murder which I think any objective observer would agree with.

Trigg
04-09-2012, 07:58 PM
The amusing thing about all these Trayvon threads is that everyone, besides Wind Song, is basically saying the same thing.

We don't know what really happened, between the 911 call and the shot.

Zimm has every right to carry a gun.

He isn't racist for calling 911 in a neighborhood with multiple break-ins.

Let the justice system do its job.

Meanwhile Wind Song's only response to anyone is:

You're racist and you hate black people if you disagree with her.

Wind Song
04-09-2012, 07:59 PM

I will find the link to the story about his grades, some time. I have read it. You haven't b/c you have such a negative impression of the kid who was killed.

Kathianne
04-09-2012, 08:01 PM
I will find the link to the story about his grades, some time. I have read it. You haven't b/c you have such a negative impression of the kid who was killed.

:rolleyes: God you are delusional. For the first week I was in agreement with you 95% of the time. You are either off meds or stupid. Which? I've not a clue to your problems.

Thunderknuckles
04-09-2012, 08:02 PM
You know Wind Song, I rarely pounce on anyone in this forum but this crap about wanting him dead because he was black has to stop. It's bullshit.
Most of the arguments here are based on a legal perspective and what we can gleen from the evidence we have.

He was a good kid.
Really? How well did you know him?

You want to smear his name because he's black.
Bullshit.

This is so stereotypical liberal behavior.

Wind Song
04-09-2012, 08:28 PM
False arrest lawsuits are great. Glad I'm not a resident of FL and having to worry about that tab coming due.

The justusbots don't seem to think Zimmerman has any civil rights.

Zimmerman has civil rights. I would NEVER want him deprived of them. I think he over reacted and executed Trayvon, a kid who was walking home on his way to joining his father and brother to watch basketball.

I think the fact that Zimmerman killed this kid is bad news for him. I know he is depressed about it.

Dilloduck
04-09-2012, 08:34 PM
Zimmerman has civil rights. I would NEVER want him deprived of them. I think he over reacted and executed Trayvon, a kid who was walking home on his way to joining his father and brother to watch basketball.

I think the fact that Zimmerman killed this kid is bad news for him. I know he is depressed about it.

executed-----:lol:

Wind Song
04-09-2012, 08:41 PM

You're right. I've let some people have it and they didn't deserve it. Please tell Jim to perma ban me.

Kathianne
04-09-2012, 08:46 PM
You're right. I've let some people have it and they didn't deserve it. Please tell Jim to perma ban me.

'I'm being persecuted!'

Anton Chigurh
04-09-2012, 09:00 PM
You're the kind of person that doesn't care if a black kid dies.And you only care about it if Whitey killed him.

Otherwise we would see your hand wringing and whining and faux outrage hourly, as more and more "black kids" die violently, hourly. Most by, black hands.

Anton Chigurh
04-09-2012, 09:01 PM
Zimmerman has civil rights. I would NEVER want him deprived of them.Sure you do... You want him arrested and tried regardless of evidence.

Kathianne
04-09-2012, 09:04 PM
Sure you do... You want him arrested and tried regardless of evidence.

She doesn't want him tried, she wants him lynched.

Wind Song
04-09-2012, 09:10 PM
I thanked you and repped you, and wish I could do more!

Yeah I bet. you wish you could do more.

DragonStryk72
04-09-2012, 09:16 PM

No. That's not right, and not even vaguely what I was inferring. That will not help in any way, shape or form.

from what I've read, you did absolutely everything you could do for Daisy, and at the very least, she died loved by people who fed her, petted her and took care of her.

Now, to everyone else: I know, she's been swiping at people, but just for me, just for a few days, back off. Let her have some time, and respect the threads about Daisy. She's clearly not in a fit place to be defending herself, so let's just let it go for now, and we can come back to debates with her later. they'll keep.

fj1200
04-09-2012, 09:53 PM
I hate the stand your ground law...

How many lives have been saved due to SYG?

logroller
04-09-2012, 10:21 PM
Back to the OP. Not putting this to a grand jury indicates to me that the State attorney is trying to assuage the public demand for a trial; which is good and bad. If they do bring charges, then what's the point of forgoing a grand jury? If they don't bring charges, then the public will be even more outraged than if the grand jury reached the same conclusion. I wonder if the previous grand jury announcement was just to buy time; that they still don't think they have enough evidence to convict him, but need to pacify the public demand for justice and think this will fall out of the public's attention if they can stall long enough.

Anton Chigurh
04-09-2012, 10:32 PM
I hate the stand your ground lawWhy?

Does it empower victims too much?

Anton Chigurh
04-09-2012, 10:35 PM
Back to the OP. Not putting this to a grand jury indicates to me that the State attorney is trying to assuage the public demand for a trial; which is good and bad. If they do bring charges, then what's the point of forgoing a grand jury? If they don't bring charges, then the public will be even more outraged than if the grand jury reached the same conclusion. I wonder if the previous grand jury announcement was just to buy time; that they still don't think they have enough evidence to convict him, but need to pacify the public demand for justice and think this will fall out of the public's attention if they can stall long enough.It's simple appeasement, as I stated earlier.

Knowing that the "justus" bots want only a symbolic arrest apparently, the special prosecutor knows there is NO evidence for a felony indictment, so is forgoing the grand jury process completely.

They just want a perp walk, an arrest, a bail appearance - they really don't give a shit what happens after that.

logroller
04-09-2012, 10:37 PM
It's simple appeasement, as I stated earlier.

Knowing that the "justus" bots want only a symbolic arrest apparently, the special prosecutor knows there is NO evidence for a felony indictment, so is forgoing the grand jury process completely.

They just want a perp walk, an arrest, a bail appearance - they really don't give a shit what happens after that.
Well, if he's arrested, he must be guilty, right?

Anton Chigurh
04-09-2012, 10:39 PM
Well, if he's arrested, he must be guilty, right?E-Zackly. That's all the "justus" bots really want.

Wind Song
04-09-2012, 11:01 PM
And I hate that Zimmerman's life is ruined as well, even if in a much different manner, and he's already been crucified by the court of public opinion, and all the facts haven't been realeased yet, and much has been proven incorrect already.

Zimmerman ruined his own life by shooting a stranger to death. A boy walking home from a convenience store to go watch basketball with his father and brother.

It's a tragedy all the way around.

Anton Chigurh
04-09-2012, 11:04 PM
Zimmerman ruined his own life by shooting a stranger to death. A boy walking home from a convenience store to go watch basketball with his father and brother.You were there?

ShIIIIIIT...... That splains alot!

http://usmessageboards.com/images/smilies/rolfanim.gif

Wind Song
04-09-2012, 11:06 PM
You were there?

ShIIIIIIT...... That splains alot!

http://usmessageboards.com/images/smilies/rolfanim.gif

No, I wasn't there. Maybe you were, Redneck racist.

Anton Chigurh
04-09-2012, 11:07 PM
No, I wasn't there. Maybe you were, Redneck racist.If you weren't there why are you assuming facts not in evidence?

I could call you a racist too, obviously you have a problem with hispanics!

Wind Song
04-09-2012, 11:08 PM
If you weren't there why are you assuming facts not in evidence?

I could call you a racist too, obviously you have a problem with hispanics!

You're the one calling yourself a redneck. I have no problem with blacks or hispanics just white boys like you who think they're so great. Why don't you take the confederate flag, wrap around yourself and get lost?

Definition of red neck is a working class white boy who politically reactionary. Sound like you?

Anton Chigurh
04-09-2012, 11:10 PM
You're the one calling yourself a redneck. I have no problem with black or hispanics just white boys like you who think they're so great.Who's calling anybody a redneck?

"Neckerson" isn't that uncommon of a last name and "Red" certainly isn't a unusual first name.

Maybe you're a bigot.

Wind Song
04-09-2012, 11:14 PM
Who's calling anybody a redneck?

"Neckerson" isn't that uncommon of a last name and "Red" certainly isn't a unusual first name.

Maybe you're a bigot.

Maybe you're a redneck. The shoe seems to fit, creepazoid.

Anton Chigurh
04-09-2012, 11:16 PM
Maybe you're a redneck. The shoe seems to fit, creepazoid.Appeal to stereotype - one of the crutches of the weak mind such as yours.

Wind Song
04-09-2012, 11:19 PM
Appeal to stereotype - one of the crutches of the weak mind such as yours.

You named yourself and it sure fits.

Anton Chigurh
04-09-2012, 11:21 PM
You named yourself and it sure fits.My momma actually named me, although I did disagree and had other suggestions. They wouldn't listen.

logroller
04-10-2012, 12:32 AM
My momma actually named me, although I did disagree and had other suggestions. They wouldn't listen.
...because they're rednecks. :laugh:

Thunderknuckles
04-10-2012, 12:33 AM
Sorry Dragon. I know you tried to take the high road but I'm done with this one.

DragonStryk72
04-10-2012, 08:37 PM

Now, I just go ahead and rep you, and you throw this down, Wind Song. What the hell? His comment wasn't even that bad, it was just smartassed. If you'd taken a moment to step back and breathe before assuming the worst from his post, you would have seen that.

You're the Buddhist, so why does taking the offensive and hurling insults that will easily start a flame war seem like the right way to you? You say you have a deep connection to your philosophy, but from what I've seen so far, you discard it at the slightest provocation. Again, that's what I've seen on here, you never try to rise above it at all really, taking any flak you receive. Wanna see me get into it with someone I can't stand? Look up posts on this board by JohnWK, and read away as both me and FJ have to take it in turns to respond to the sheer lunacy that is his stance. Note that, though I clearly dislike him, I never get to the insulting place, even though he goes there repeatedly himself.

Had you dropped "Redneck Racist" from the response, what would that have taken away from your comment? Only the insult, and the hope that you hurt him in some manner. How does that line up with your beliefs? The same with calling Dilloduck "Dildo", though you misspell it often enough. What is it with blatantly insulting people?

SassyLady
04-10-2012, 10:36 PM
Now, I just go ahead and rep you, and you throw this down, Wind Song. What the hell? His comment wasn't even that bad, it was just smartassed. If you'd taken a moment to step back and breathe before assuming the worst from his post, you would have seen that.

You're the Buddhist, so why does taking the offensive and hurling insults that will easily start a flame war seem like the right way to you? You say you have a deep connection to your philosophy, but from what I've seen so far, you discard it at the slightest provocation. Again, that's what I've seen on here, you never try to rise above it at all really, taking any flak you receive. Wanna see me get into it with someone I can't stand? Look up posts on this board by JohnWK, and read away as both me and FJ have to take it in turns to respond to the sheer lunacy that is his stance. Note that, though I clearly dislike him, I never get to the insulting place, even though he goes there repeatedly himself.

Had you dropped "Redneck Racist" from the response, what would that have taken away from your comment? Only the insult, and the hope that you hurt him in some manner. How does that line up with your beliefs? The same with calling Dilloduck "Dildo", though you misspell it often enough. What is it with blatantly insulting people?

It seems to have carried over to DP from another board ... seems that being blatantly insulting was the norm.