PDA

View Full Version : Three Coworkers Split Maryland Mega Millions Jackpot

jimnyc
04-10-2012, 10:31 AM
Them winning and splitting isn't the story... There was a black woman last week who started all kinds of trouble when she announced she won. She worked at McDonalds and they all put their money together and bought tickets. When she announced that she won, she claimed that she had bought that ticket for herself and it had nothing to do with the batch she went and bought for the group. Then days later when asked again about the ticket, she claimed she had went back into McDonalds and hid the ticket in there somewhere (kinda when I figured she was a little nutty). She's made national news and has had reporters knocking down her door for answers and interviews. Turns out the lunatic never even had the ticket as she never won. WTF? Did she think she would magically win if she claimed she won? Did she think people would forget when the real winner claimed their prize?

Three Coworkers Split Maryland Mega Millions JackpotMaryland's record-setting Mega Millions jackpot winner is actually three winners, the Maryland lottery announced during a press conference Tuesday morning

All three plan to remain anonymous, but they permitted the lottery to release a few details. The winners, a woman in her 20s, a man in his 40s and a woman in her 50s, work together for Maryland public schools.

They'll walk away with a cool $34.997 million each in a lump sum.

As for the McDonald's employee who claimed to have the winning ticket, that doesn't seem to be the case.

Mirlande Wilson, Haitian immigrant and 37-year-old mother of seven, had said she had the winning ticket. Wilson, who was reportedly responsible for a Baltimore-area McDonald's employee pool of Mega Millions tickets, had said she had the winning ticket -- which wasn’t part of that pool.

Last week, she appeared at a news conference in her lawyer's office during which she did not speak, but her lawyer asked the press to leave her alone and said Wilson needed medical treatment for high blood pressure the week after the drawing.

The next day News4's Shomari Stone asked her if she was going to claim her "winning" ticket. She replied, "If I find it... I misplaced it." She said she hid the ticket in the McDonald's where she works.

http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local/Maryland-Mega-Millions-Winner-to-Remain-Anonymous-146729665.html?dr

logroller
04-10-2012, 11:27 AM
Them winning and splitting isn't the story... There was a black woman last week who started all kinds of trouble when she announced she won. She worked at McDonalds and they all put their money together and bought tickets. When she announced that she won, she claimed that she had bought that ticket for herself and it had nothing to do with the batch she went and bought for the group. Then days later when asked again about the ticket, she claimed she had went back into McDonalds and hid the ticket in there somewhere (kinda when I figured she was a little nutty). She's made national news and has had reporters knocking down her door for answers and interviews. Turns out the lunatic never even had the ticket as she never won. WTF? Did she think she would magically win if she claimed she won? Did she think people would forget when the real winner claimed their prize?

http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local/Maryland-Mega-Millions-Winner-to-Remain-Anonymous-146729665.html?dr

Her lawyer said she needed medical treatment for "high blood pressure"...:rolleyes: Is that the new medical diagnosis for 'bat-shit crazy'?

SassyLady
04-10-2012, 11:18 PM
Her lawyer said she needed medical treatment for "high blood pressure"...:rolleyes: Is that the new medical diagnosis for 'bat-shit crazy'?

No, it's just a national forum for another "drama queen" trying to play victim. I predict the next step in her hysteria is to accuse the winners of sneaking into Mac's and stealing HER ticket!

:drama:

Anton Chigurh
04-10-2012, 11:34 PM
I note in passing, none of the national TV news stories on this mention the fake "winner" at all...

Wonder why?

gabosaurus
04-11-2012, 12:50 AM
Because normal people are not news. Crazy loons are news.