PDA

View Full Version : 1,054 new IRS agents, $500M to IRS for Obamacare, how will this make us more healthy?

Little-Acorn
04-10-2012, 12:12 PM
President Obama recently diverted half a billion dollars to the IRS to help implement Obamacare. And now the latest budget for the Internal Revenue Service, calls for more than a thousand more IRS agents to handle the "requirements" of Obamacare.

Did I miss the government's explanation, of how all this beefing up and funding of the IRS, is going to improve access to health care, lower its costs, and make Americans healthier?

Did anybody else hear this explained?

A thousand new IRS agents. They're from the government, and they're here to help you.

---------------------------------------------

http://www.usnews.com/news/blogs/washington-whispers/2011/02/15/healthcare-reform-law-requires-new-irs-army-of-1054

Healthcare Reform Law Requires New IRS Army Of 1,054

by Paul Bedard
February 15, 2011

The Internal Revenue Service says it will need an battalion of 1,054 new auditors and staffers and new facilities at a cost to taxpayers of more than $359 million in fiscal 2012 just to watch over the initial implementation of President Obama's healthcare reforms. Among the new corps will be 81 workers assigned to make sure tanning salons pay a new 10 percent excise tax. Their cost: $11.5 million.

"The ACA [Affordable Care Act] will require additional resources to build new IT systems; modify existing tax processing systems; provide taxpayer outreach and assistance services; make enhancements to notices, collections, and case management systems to address and resolve taxpayer issues timely and accurately; and conduct focused examinations to encourage compliance," said the newly released IRS budget.

Gaffer
04-10-2012, 01:22 PM
President Obama recently diverted half a billion dollars to the IRS to help implement Obamacare. And now the latest budget for the Internal Revenue Service, calls for more than a thousand more IRS agents to handle the "requirements" of Obamacare.

Did I miss the government's explanation, of how all this beefing up and funding of the IRS, is going to improve access to health care, lower its costs, and make Americans healthier?

A thousand new IRS agents. They're from the government, and they're here to help you.

http://www.usnews.com/news/blogs/washington-whispers/2011/02/15/healthcare-reform-law-requires-new-irs-army-of-1054

by Paul Bedard
February 15, 2011

The Internal Revenue Service says it will need an battalion of 1,054 new auditors and staffers and new facilities at a cost to taxpayers of more than $359 million in fiscal 2012 just to watch over the initial implementation of President Obama's healthcare reforms. Among the new corps will be 81 workers assigned to make sure tanning salons pay a new 10 percent excise tax. Their cost: $11.5 million.

"The ACA [Affordable Care Act] will require additional resources to build new IT systems; modify existing tax processing systems; provide taxpayer outreach and assistance services; make enhancements to notices, collections, and case management systems to address and resolve taxpayer issues timely and accurately; and conduct focused examinations to encourage compliance," said the newly released IRS budget.

Big plans considering it may all get demolished by the SC.

1054 new union members to help finance zero's election efforts.

revelarts
04-10-2012, 01:37 PM
you need new IRS agents to collect more money because health care is FREE Acorn, FREE and a right like Air and sunshine, stop being silly.

jimnyc
04-10-2012, 01:39 PM
Rev!! Welcome back. I thought I pushed you too far and you bailed. I'm honestly glad to see you back. I hope all is well. :salute:

Anton Chigurh
04-10-2012, 01:43 PM
The most frightening power grab and extension of power in the last 60 years....

revelarts
04-10-2012, 01:55 PM
Rev!! Welcome back. I thought I pushed you too far and you bailed. I'm honestly glad to see you back. I hope all is well. :salute:

Things are fine just busy i'm still busy just looking in.
Pushed me too far? Pppsst naw
Give up on you folks one day maybe... hmm yeah moreso ... but pushed, not likely.;)

thanks
:beer:

SassyLady
04-10-2012, 11:04 PM

by Paul Bedard
February 15, 2011

Snakes crawling across my hands while I am gardening make me scream ..... this feels like a snake crawling up my back and wrapping itself around my neck.

SassyLady
04-10-2012, 11:05 PM

Me too!!! Missed you.

Little-Acorn
04-11-2012, 10:52 AM
Snakes crawling across my hands while I am gardening make me scream ..... this feels like a snake crawling up my back and wrapping itself around my neck.

More like a snake preparing to swallow you whole... while telling you it's here to help you.

Gator Monroe
04-11-2012, 11:37 AM
400 Million .40 Cal bullets over next 2 years (Contracts to 3 Ammo mfgrs. for DHS/Federal Marshal Service):salute: