PDA

View Full Version : Rick Santorum calls Mitt Romney to concede

fj1200
04-10-2012, 01:12 PM
It's about time.

Rick Santorum calls Mitt Romney to concede (http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/rick-santorum-calls-mitt-romney-concede-180027008.html)
Rick Santorum called Mitt Romney Tuesday to say he is ending his presidential campaign, Yahoo News has learned.

logroller
04-10-2012, 01:16 PM
Sweet. Now FJ and I are one rung higher on the ladder. Though, I'm curious why Santorum didn't call us though. Maybe its because you call the opponent who has the better chance... I'm expecting Ron Paul to call us any day now.:laugh2:

jimnyc
04-10-2012, 01:36 PM
Wow, big news, and IMO basically makes it a sure thing for Romney now. He gave it a good ride... But I feel bad to an extent, some are reporting that this may have not only been because he was losing, but also about his young child who is very ill.

Either way, well run campaign, Rick! I'm sure we'll see you again in 4 more years. :salute:

Anton Chigurh
04-10-2012, 01:44 PM
Wow. I didn't expect this before his home state primary.

jimnyc
04-10-2012, 01:50 PM

I really haven't been following any individual campaign efforts as of late. But I thought I read somewhere that Rick pulled out for a few days because his daughter was very ill in the hospital. I hope things didn't take a turn for the worse and that's why he's dropping out.

logroller
04-10-2012, 01:58 PM
Wow, big news, and IMO basically makes it a sure thing for Romney now. He gave it a good ride... But I feel bad to an extent, some are reporting that this may have not only been because he was losing, but also about his young child who is very ill.

Either way, well run campaign, Rick! I'm sure we'll see you again in 4 more years. :salute:

Don't be so sure; I hope, in four more years, we won't be having a republican primary.

Abbey Marie
04-10-2012, 03:21 PM
May God bless you Rick and family. You fought a good fight, and I believe your heart was in the right place.
:clap:

Noir
04-10-2012, 03:50 PM
when i first read the title i thought it said 'Santorum calls for Mitt Romney to concede' and i was all lulwut :laugh:

In any case, thank lawd that's over, good riddance Rick, though some of the meme's you generated were top quality.

gabosaurus
04-10-2012, 03:53 PM
Santorum should have himself arrested for aborting his campaign. :rolleyes:

Noir
04-10-2012, 04:10 PM
As a goodbye hurrah!

http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m2a6ptHODN1rqj38io1_500.png

Kathianne
04-10-2012, 04:15 PM

Questionable, he lost his Senate bid there, remember?