PDA

View Full Version : OMG - Obama Must Go

SassyLady
04-11-2012, 02:58 AM
A very interesting PAC website about Immigration Reform.

https://www.immigration911.org/index.php?tab=3#tt

Here is one of the articles found on the website.

Details about the gruesome killing of 5 people are still sparse after police say 35-year-old, illegal immigrant Binh Thai Luc of Vietnam slaughtered the victims in their San Francisco home a little over a week ago.

Police discovered the murder scene two Fridays ago on March 23, when a member of the victim’s family called 911 after coming home and being greeted by three brutally murdered bodies. When police arrived, they discovered two additional bodies at the scene that was apparently so gruesome, it took a number of days to confirm the identities of all the victims: Yuan Ji “Vincent” Lei, 32; his parents Hua Shun Lei, 65, and Wan Yi Xi, 62; his sister Ying Xue Lei, 37; and his girlfriend Chia Huei Chu, 30.

Police have released very few details, but have identified, arrested and charged Luc in connection to the murders. All they have said is that there is evidence that a blunt instrument was used in the killings. However, included with the charges, Luc also received a special circumstance of lying in wait for one of the victims—Vincent Lei—which would make him eligible for the death penalty if convicted.

To make matters worse, Luc is an illegal alien that was suppose to be deported in 2006 after serving 8 years in San Quentin for armed robberies committed back in 1996.

However, because his home country of Vietnam effectively refused to take him back by not issuing the required paperwork, Luc was released into the community as required by a 2001 Supreme Court decision that stated ICE must deport illegals within 180 days or grant them release.

logroller
04-11-2012, 07:22 AM
A very interesting PAC website about Immigration Reform.

https://www.immigration911.org/index.php?tab=3#tt

Here is one of the articles found on the website.

I'm not disagreeing with your thread premise, but the article clearly states the man was "...released to the community as required by a 2001 Supreme Court decision..." Not sure I'd pin that on Obama.

SassyLady
04-11-2012, 02:54 PM
I'm not disagreeing with your thread premise, but the article clearly states the man was "...released to the community as required by a 2001 Supreme Court decision..." Not sure I'd pin that on Obama.

I, personally, never said it was Obama's fault. The website is about immigration reform. The article was an example of why we need immigration reform. OMG is because we won't get that immigration reform under Obama.

logroller
04-11-2012, 03:38 PM
I don't disagree, Obama needs to go for a variety of reasons; Congress failing to pass a comprehensive immigration reform isn't one of them. That is who passes such laws, Congress right? Not to mention, I believe Obama has stepped up immigration enforcement, focusing on criminal offenders. Hell, I wouldn't put it past him to have broken laws effectuate his goals-- as that seems to be SOP. Fast and the furious really sealed the deal for me. That's why he needs to go IMO; his extra efforts at reform exceed his lawful duty. I don't hate the guy for trying, mind you; I just don't think that's acceptable for a President.

SassyLady
04-11-2012, 03:55 PM
I don't disagree, Obama needs to go for a variety of reasons; Congress failing to pass a comprehensive immigration reform isn't one of them. That is who passes such laws, Congress right? Not to mention, I believe Obama has stepped up immigration enforcement, focusing on criminal offenders. Hell, I wouldn't put it past him to have broken laws effectuate his goals-- as that seems to be SOP. Fast and the furious really sealed the deal for me. That's why he needs to go IMO; his extra efforts at reform exceed his lawful duty. I don't hate the guy for trying, mind you; I just don't think that's acceptable for a President.

Are you saying Big Sis reports to Congress and not Obama?

Stealth Amnesty: Napolitano assures Dem vote

The Federal Register which bills itself as the “Daily Journal of the U.S. Government,” reports on another immigration policy change from Janet Napolitano’s Department of Homeland Insecurity.
It carries the incomprehensible and calculatingly deceptive title: “Provisional Unlawful Presence Waivers of Inadmissibility for Certain Immediate Relatives,” as it turns the United State’s immigration policy on its head.

Read the summary here (https://www.federalregister.gov/articles/2012/04/02/2012-7698/provisional-unlawful-presence-waivers-of-inadmissibility-for-certain-immediate-relatives). The double talk is astonishing. But make no mistake, this is an in-your-face government approved chain migration* with a flare. We hear once more, now from the stridently secular Obama administration, the whine most often associated with faith-based groups, calling for the “reunification” of families. “We can’t tear families apart” is the cry. Missing is any acknowledgment that families would not be separated if they all either stay home or return home together.

The Obama Administration, facing a contentious 2012 campaign is working behind the scenes to halt the deportation of certain illegal aliens by granting them “unlawful presence waivers.” If you suspect there could be accompanying election shenanigans, you move to the front of the class. This undercover video (http://seeingredaz.wordpress.com/2012/03/13/voter-fraud-were-not-the-police/) shows the ease with which voter fraud can be accomplished, with our own government’s acquiescence.

http://seeingredaz.wordpress.com/2012/04/04/stealth-amnesty-napolitano-turns-out-dem-vote/

logroller
04-11-2012, 04:08 PM
Are you saying Big Sis reports to Congress and not Obama?

I doubt this case was reported to either prior to the murder taking place. Now everybody knows!

SassyLady
04-11-2012, 04:11 PM
I doubt this case was reported to either prior to the murder taking place. Now everybody knows!

What?

SassyLady
04-11-2012, 04:16 PM
I found this powerful visual of Chain Migration

https://www.numbersusa.com/content/files/2009Gingreychart.pdf

The chart above illustrates the effect of Congress’ decision since 1957 to prioritize the admission of non-nuclear, extended family members in U.S. immigration policy. By allowing each immigrant admitted to subsequently petition for the admission of parents, siblings and their families, and adult children and their families, Congress has put in place an immigration system that results in virtually unlimited chain migration. One consequence of this policy—a consequence cited by the bipartisan Jordan Commission on Immigration Reform as a primary reason to eliminate chain migration categories—is the unrealistic expectations it creates on the part of literally hundreds of distant relatives of new immigrants to the United States. Because these distant relatives may eventually obtain a visa on the basis of the extended relationship, they come to see immigration as a right or entitlement. When they realize that they may, in fact, have to wait years for a visa to become available because of annual caps and per-country limits on several of the family-based immigration categories, many decide to come illegally, despite that the law requires them to wait in the home country.

logroller
04-11-2012, 04:46 PM
What?
I'm saying of the 400000 deportations, how many is Obama made aware of?

SassyLady
04-11-2012, 05:48 PM
I'm saying of the 400000 deportations, how many is Obama made aware of?

Well, The Fly I am not.

logroller
04-11-2012, 06:58 PM
Well, The Fly I am not.
Lol. No, i know that. But even based on the facts we do know. Like the article from numbersus, it clearly states congress put those policies in place, not the president.

SassyLady
04-11-2012, 07:20 PM
Lol. No, i know that. But even based on the facts we do know. Like the article from numbersus, it clearly states congress put those policies in place, not the president.

Yes, LR...I understand who made the laws ... but I also understand who is skirting the laws for their own ends.

logroller
04-11-2012, 07:34 PM
Yes, LR...I understand who made the laws ... but I also understand who is skirting the laws for their own ends.
Who are Politicians? I'll take 'things that are stupid' for $200' sassy!

SassyLady
04-11-2012, 07:43 PM
Are you trying to set up your platform in advance?

logroller
04-11-2012, 07:55 PM
Are you trying to set up your platform in advance?
Fj set that platform long before I. I just plug it when it fits.

gabosaurus
04-11-2012, 08:26 PM
I find it ludicrous to blame Obama for the problems of illegal immigration. Like every politician who has ever run for office, Obama needs the support of large voting blocs to gain or remain in office. Every serious presidential candidate over the past few decades has either avoided or skirted the topic of immigration. Which is why Texas governor Rick Perry has taken different stands when campaigning in Brownsville and Lubbock.
Bush never worked to close the border. Neither did Clinton. Carter and Ford were too stupid to realize it was a problem. Reagan loved the Mexicans.

Once again: Illegal immigration will never be stopped by deporting illegals. This is like trying to control an ant problem by killing the ants. You have to wipe up the spill.
The only solution to illegal immigration is to get tough with companies that hire them. But the companies have the money to hire lawyers and buy publicity. Immigrants don't have that.
Example: In Texas, Shipley Donuts has been busted several times for hiring illegals. The illegals are deported. Shipley is slapped on the wrist, then goes out and hires more illegals.

SassyLady
04-11-2012, 10:25 PM
I find it ludicrous to blame Obama for the problems of illegal immigration. Like every politician who has ever run for office, Obama needs the support of large voting blocs to gain or remain in office. Every serious presidential candidate over the past few decades has either avoided or skirted the topic of immigration. Which is why Texas governor Rick Perry has taken different stands when campaigning in Brownsville and Lubbock.
Bush never worked to close the border. Neither did Clinton. Carter and Ford were too stupid to realize it was a problem. Reagan loved the Mexicans.

Once again: Illegal immigration will never be stopped by deporting illegals. This is like trying to control an ant problem by killing the ants. You have to wipe up the spill.
The only solution to illegal immigration is to get tough with companies that hire them. But the companies have the money to hire lawyers and buy publicity. Immigrants don't have that.
Example: In Texas, Shipley Donuts has been busted several times for hiring illegals. The illegals are deported. Shipley is slapped on the wrist, then goes out and hires more illegals.

I think Arizona already has a law in place for this. Perhaps it should be national.

PHOENIX — The Supreme Court on Thursday upheld an Arizona law that penalizes businesses for hiring workers in the country illegally, buoying the hopes of supporters of state crackdowns on illegal immigration.They predicted the ruling would lead to many other states passing laws that require employers to use the federal E-Verify system to check that workers aren't illegal immigrants. And some said the ruling bodes well for the prospects of a much broader and more controversial immigration law in Arizona, known as SB1070, to be found constitutional.The state is appealing a ruling blocking portions of that law from taking effect.But some legal experts said the ruling should not be read as a broad validation of such tactics. While they acknowledge that other states will now pass similar employer sanctions, they cautioned that the court did not make any sweeping endorsement of states' rights to enforce federal immigration laws.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/05/26/supreme-court-upholds-ari_n_867432.html

logroller
04-12-2012, 01:50 AM
iirc, The portion of the AZ law which stood involved the state's capacity to issue licenses for business; meaning if you're caught employing illegals, they take your business license-- not exactly a slap on the wrist.

SassyLady
04-12-2012, 02:16 AM
iirc, The portion of the AZ law which stood involved the state's capacity to issue licenses for business; meaning if you're caught employing illegals, they take your business license-- not exactly a slap on the wrist.

I would say this is more than a slap on the wrist:

Contractor gets probation, big fine in illegal-hiring case

by Jacques Billeaud - Mar. 29, 2012 09:01 PM

Read more: http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/2012/03/29/20120329arizona-contractor-probation-fine-illegal-hiring-case.html#ixzz1ro9rPkDz

TUCSON - A southern Arizona contractor who pleaded guilty to knowingly hiring illegal immigrants was sentenced to probation Thursday in the first case in the state in which authorities pursued criminal charges instead of just fines against an employer in an illegal-hiring case.

Ivan Hardt, owner of Sun Dry Wall & Stucco Inc. of Sierra Vista, was sentenced in Tucson by U.S. District Judge Raner Collins to one year of probation for the misdemeanor conviction.

The 49-year-old also pleaded guilty last year to the misdemeanor charge and a felony charge of conspiring to harbor illegal immigrants, but the felony charge will be dismissed if he pays the government $450,000. That figure consists of $225,000 to cover proceeds that the company received during the time the illegal immigrants were employed and another $225,000 to settle a civil dispute with the government over its payment to its legal and illegal workers.

Hardt's attorney, Michael Piccarreta, said his client has already paid $300,000 and plans to square up the debt before an October deadline.

The March 2007 bust of Hardt's business represented a new approach by federal authorities in Arizona that focused on criminal cases against company officials. Some violators viewed the previous strategy of seeking only civil penalties as the cost of doing business.

Now, people who hire illegal immigrants could face jail time, which authorities hope will be a stronger deterrent.

Read more: http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/2012/03/29/20120329arizona-contractor-probation-fine-illegal-hiring-case.html#ixzz1roA6nAk
P (http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/2012/03/29/20120329arizona-contractor-probation-fine-illegal-hiring-case.html#ixzz1roA6nAkP)

logroller
04-12-2012, 02:29 AM
I would say this is more than a slap on the wrist:

Read more: http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/2012/03/29/20120329arizona-contractor-probation-fine-illegal-hiring-case.html#ixzz1roA6nAk
P (http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/2012/03/29/20120329arizona-contractor-probation-fine-illegal-hiring-case.html#ixzz1roA6nAkP)

[/LEFT]
Me too. That whole 'criminal charge' thing tends to make people take notice.
Interestingly, it was 'US District Court'. i was hoping for a confirmation of the Obama Admin's involvement, but this happened in 2007.

SassyLady
04-12-2012, 02:36 AM
Me too. That whole 'criminal charge' thing tends to make people take notice.
Interestingly, it was 'US District Court'. i was hoping for a confirmation of the Obama Admin's involvement, but this happened in 2007.

The bust was in 2007, but it's taken five years to get this far. I wonder how many other states have adopted this in the interim.

I am pretty sure that Obama had nothing to do with it....the law was passed during Bush administration, but is a state law, not federal. I didn't see anything about US District Court in the article.

logroller
04-12-2012, 02:46 AM
The bust was in 2007, but it's taken five years to get this far. I wonder how many other states have adopted this in the interim.

I am pretty sure that Obama had nothing to do with it....the law was passed during Bush administration, but is a state law, not federal. I didn't see anything about US District Court in the article.
2nd paragraph

Ivan Hardt, owner of Sun Dry Wall & Stucco Inc. of Sierra Vista, was sentenced in Tucson by U.S. District Judge Raner Collins to one year of probation for the misdemeanor conviction

SassyLady
04-12-2012, 02:52 AM
2nd paragraph

Man, I don't usually get this tired until around 3:00 AM.....guess it's time to go to bed. Read that thing twice and missed it. Thanks!

ConHog
04-12-2012, 11:10 AM
Congress could and should clear up the entire immigration issue. It's clearly a matter of national security and thus falls under the federal governments purview. Another reason I think lobbies should be illegal. Too much big business money buying no action on illegal immigration.

gabosaurus
04-12-2012, 11:37 AM
Congress could and should clear up the entire immigration issue. It's clearly a matter of national security and thus falls under the federal governments purview. Another reason I think lobbies should be illegal. Too much big business money buying no action on illegal immigration.

Addressing illegal immigration is not politically correct.
Strangely enough, a lot of legal immigrants oppose illegal immigration, because it takes jobs from them. The illegals will work for less. But they can't be vocal about it because the Mexican advocacy groups have the power and the money.