PDA

View Full Version : Zombie apocalypse

cadet
04-11-2012, 07:49 AM
Here we are, something that we've all been ready for, for about a year now. ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE!!!
I'm gonna go and buy me a Gerber zombie survival kit.
:boom2:

Australia news outlet the Herald Sun (http://www.heraldsun.com.au/technology/sci-tech/russia-working-on-electromagnetic-radiation-guns/story-fn5iztw3-1226317396841) recently reported that current Russian Prime Minister and President-elect, Vladimir Putin, has confirmed that the Russian military is indeed working on a mind-altering “psychotronic” gun. The concentrated energy gun would be capable of attacking the central nervous system of its targets — inflicting varying levels of pain, and essentially turning enemies into “zombies.”
The weapon – which sounds like something from a campy 1970’s science fiction flick – is said to use electromagnetic radiation, and was first announced by Russian defense minister Anatoly Serdyukov. According to Russian officials, the weapon was developed as means to strategically control and disperse unruly crowds in a non-lethal manner.

http://www.digitaltrends.com/cool-tech/russians-developing-mind-altering-electromagnetic-zombie-gun/

darin
04-11-2012, 07:52 AM
This will help when it happens.

http://www.mapofthedead.com/

:)

cadet
04-11-2012, 08:07 AM
and here's mother nature slowly coming around to this outbreak.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/03/19/world/africa/uganda-nodding-disease/index.html

Dilloduck
04-11-2012, 08:09 AM
It cannot penetrate tin foil-----put your hats on.

cadet
04-11-2012, 08:09 AM
This will help when it happens.

http://www.mapofthedead.com/

:)

I love how the bars are placed here. :laugh2:

DragonStryk72
04-11-2012, 12:30 PM
I love how the bars are placed here. :laugh2:

Okay, guys Zombie Survival Tips:

Stay in your home for the first week, unless there's a zombie horde trying to break down the door. With the looting and zombie scourge, it's just not safe.

Get away from the major cities as swiftly as possible. High population density+homeless population=Zombie Horde. Aim for low population density areas, where the threat of zombies is kept to a minimum.

Much fun as tearing it up with a shotgun might be, learn to use a bow or crossbow. The difference? Retrievable ammo that is completely silent, thus not attracting more zombie to the sound, and allowing you to retain your ammo for much longer.

Locate other survivors, but keep your band's individual size low. This means that every so often, you're setting up a break off group that will setup base elsewhere to spread the population out more, making it easier to survive, and allowing for trade to be developed, without getting the population density to high.

cadet
04-12-2012, 09:27 AM
For our ROTC class, we've been told to do a briefing on some current event. Placing that zombie gun Russia has, does it sound like a good idea to do a presentation on the upcoming zombie apocalypse?

fj1200
04-12-2012, 09:34 AM
Okay, guys Zombie Survival Tips:

You have thought entirely too much about the zombie strategic offense initiative. Zombie SWAT will deal with you shortly.

DragonStryk72
04-12-2012, 11:46 AM
You have thought entirely too much about the zombie strategic offense initiative. Zombie SWAT will deal with you shortly.

Please, bitch. I have a contingency plan for them, too.

So what I've done is set up a macro on my computer to keep writing posts on the forum, so that when they do their checks, it looks like someone's using my laptop, while I slip out, and snag the Zombie SWAT van. From there, I just need to head on up into the Appalachians, this time with an armored van that still has weapons and ammo in it.

fj1200
04-12-2012, 11:56 AM
Please, bitch. I have a contingency plan for them, too.

Phew, I'm pleased to hear that the human race will outlive the zombie scourge. I, however, am likely destined to die in the first surge unless I can get my safe room completed in time.

DragonStryk72
04-12-2012, 12:45 PM
Phew, I'm pleased to hear that the human race will outlive the zombie scourge. I, however, am likely destined to die in the first surge unless I can get my safe room completed in time.

See, you don't need a safe room. If you're in an apartment, or two-story house, you can just board up the windows and doors downstair, lay blackout curtains over them, and voila! Instant fortress. After that you can stick to the upper floor for the most part, and leave yourself an upstairs spyhole so you can look over the surrounding terrain.

Now, the trick here for long term survival is prep work before the apocalypse. I always suggest having a machete for these things, cause it works on so many levels. on the one hand, it's a weapon, but it's also light, and can used in the same manner as an ax, plus as one half of a flint and steel. Just remember oil and a whetstone for it.

Iodine is gonna be a necessity for the water at some point, so make sure you've stocked up, or you can just boil your water.

A generator is good, but try to get one of the solar-powered ones if at all possible, cause otherwise you'll have to keep going out for fuel. Flaslights should be either the kind you shake, or have a hand-cranked turbine. Also of aid is that some locations sell combination flashlight+am/fm radio, and these can be great, as you can get any updates that come down the line. Just remember to keep the volume low. Good quality CB radios are also a solid investment, for developing communications again after the plants shut down, and there's no phone lines anymore.

Your watchwords are "Self-sustaining". You wanted to build up so that you have to leave your home as little as possible. The less time you spend amongst the shambling dead, the better. Having an electric stove, as opposed to a gas line is also helpful, but you can substitute by making a hole in the roof of the shed, and making a fire pit in there, where you can close the doors and make it so the zombies don't see the firelight. If you have the benefit of a backyard, you have space to start planting, and plant as much as you can, cause you're going to need it. Now, usually you couldn't get enough yard space to really get a proper garden, but thanks to miracle of them being most likely dead or run off, You can now tear down the fences between yards to make room. Don't forget to properly scavenge their homes as well.

As to what to plant, you should probably look at what grows best in your area, and be sure to read up on it's care and maintenance before the zombie horde hits, but if not, you've still got plenty of time to read now, and I'm pretty sure people didn't completely run through all the DIY books. hanging tomato plants are also an option, and indoors, you can keep an herb garden to keep things a bit tastier come meal times. You should also likely go through a few neighbors' yard to set up similar stuff for crop rotation if you're in it for the long haul.

Now, me, once I have the house locked down, I'm gonna start getting rid of the zombies in the area. This is why the bow is such a good investment. You climb up on your roof, maybe take a drink with you, and start dropping zombies in the immediate area. When you get them all downed, start on barricades, so that your claimed ground can't be lost to them later on, but don't get greedy. You've still got to be able to patrol that ground. You really want an opaque barrier that they can't see over.

SassyLady
04-12-2012, 09:01 PM
Do zombies burn? I have lots of alcohol since hubby left and I can use for molotov cocktails.

cadet
04-12-2012, 09:10 PM
Do zombies burn? I have lots of alcohol since hubby left and I can use for molotov cocktails.

note, don't work with you durring the zombie rushes.

Nope, they don't... or, well, they do, but then you just have flaming zombies attacking you.

SassyLady
04-12-2012, 09:14 PM
note, don't work with you durring the zombie rushes.

Nope, they don't... or, well, they do, but then you just have flaming zombies attacking you.

Hey now... I just discovered zombies this year..still working on my BOB. At least I have two Bear Grylls knives now. His survival guide didn't say anything about zombie attack. :slap:

DragonStryk72
04-12-2012, 10:37 PM
Hey now... I just discovered zombies this year..still working on my BOB. At least I have two Bear Grylls knives now. His survival guide didn't say anything about zombie attack. :slap:

http://www.modcloth.com/shop/books/the-zombie-survival-guide

That'll cover a lot of whatcha need.