PDA

View Full Version : worried....

PostmodernProphet
04-11-2012, 05:39 PM
so why is it that when I come here, the ad search engine shows me an ad for Match.com that has pictures of men on it.....or SeniorPeopleMeet.com.......do the spiders know something about me that I don't know?.....

SassyLady
04-11-2012, 05:46 PM
so why is it that when I come here, the ad search engine shows me an ad for Match.com that has pictures of men on it.....or SeniorPeopleMeet.com.......do the spiders know something about me that I don't know?.....

It was getting to the point that I didn't want to come here because Michelle Obama popped up and I was so tired of seeing her face. :slap:

Kathianne
04-11-2012, 06:03 PM
It was getting to the point that I didn't want to come here because Michelle Obama popped up and I was so tired of seeing her face. :slap:

Yeah, I can deal with the over 50 ads, but the Michelle or vote for Barck? no way!

Anton Chigurh
04-11-2012, 06:03 PM
so why is it that when I come here, the ad search engine shows me an ad for Match.com that has pictures of men on it.....or SeniorPeopleMeet.com.......do the spiders know something about me that I don't know?.....Because you allow adverts to display on your browser, even though you don't have to and haven't had to since at least 2003?

I haven't seen any type of advert on the web in years, anywhere.

gabosaurus
04-11-2012, 09:44 PM
Because you allow adverts to display on your browser, even though you don't have to and haven't had to since at least 2003?

I haven't seen any type of advert on the web in years, anywhere.

THIS! Firefox Adblock plus is wonderful.

logroller
04-12-2012, 01:54 AM
I love those things; got me some prime russian wife prospects.:dance:

SassyLady
04-12-2012, 02:22 AM
I love those things; got me some prime russian wife prospects.:dance:

Be careful, someone might do some "opposition research" on you some day and see that you've been surfing these foreign bride websites and use it against you.

logroller
04-12-2012, 02:34 AM
Be careful, someone might do some "opposition research" on you some day and see that you've been surfing these foreign bride websites and use it against you.

Oh i don't need to surf those sites; it says they want me right there on the banner. I think they know about that email I received regarding a family member that died leaving me a hefty inheritance. :laugh:

SassyLady
04-12-2012, 02:38 AM
Oh i don't need to surf those sites; it says they want me right there on the banner. I think they know about that email I received regarding a family member that died leaving me a hefty inheritance. :laugh:

Lucky you ... now you have some money to start your campaign with. :cheer5:

logroller
04-12-2012, 02:51 AM
Lucky you ... now you have some money to start your campaign with. :cheer5:

Well I would, except I need a bank routing number, but can't open a bank account without a long form birth cert. :coffee:

just kidding, I'm as American as pizza.

PostmodernProphet
04-12-2012, 07:44 AM
I had a client (real estate agent) who called me saying he had a person who wanted to buy a house who wanted a local attorney to look over the papers. I agreed and he sent the documents over. One was a "letter of credit" from a Canadian bank which looked odd. For one thing it had no return address or phone number for the bank. Called the bank, it was fake. Warned the client. In the meantime he had given the person my phone number and he called me. Asked me what my fee would be and I told him. He says to me "I have sent you the money".....I asked him how that could be since I had just told him how much I charged, all he would say is "I have sent you the money". Few days later I got a "certified check" for $215k. Called the bank again. It was fake. Discussed it with the police but they didn't want anything to do with it since it crossed international borders. Finally, emailed the guy and told him "I have some bad news. You've been defrauded. The person who sold you the certified check has cheated you and it is no good. You will need to send more money."

Haven't heard from him since......