PDA

View Full Version : Woman: Blame devil for infant in microwave

nevadamedic
05-20-2007, 09:30 PM
GALVESTON, Texas (AP) -- A woman blames the devil, and not her husband, for severely burning their infant daughter in a microwave, a Texas television station reported.

Eva Marie Mauldin said Satan compelled her 19-year-old husband, Joshua Royce Mauldin, to microwave their daughter May 10 because the devil disapproved of Joshua's efforts to become a preacher.

"Satan saw my husband as a threat," Eva Mauldin told Houston television station KHOU-TV.

A grand jury indicted Joshua Mauldin last week on child injury charges after hearing evidence that he placed the two-month-old in a motel microwave for 10 to 20 seconds. (Watch cops react to burned baby )

The infant, Ana Marie, remains hospitalized. She suffered burns on the left side of her face and to her left hand, police said.

Police said Joshua Mauldin told them he put Ana Marie in the microwave because he was under stress. Eva Maudlin denied it.

"He would never do anything to hurt her. He loves her," she said.

She is hoping to be reunited with her daughter, but Child Protective Services is working to have the parental rights severed.

Copyright 2007 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

This whole family is nuts. This is what happens when religion goes to far. I dont see how people can justify this kind of horrible action by religion. http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/05/20/baby.in.microwave.ap/index.html

05-20-2007, 09:50 PM
People like these annoy me. They make the rest of us look bad because they are evil and try to pawn it off on the devil.

Fact id the devil doesnt have the power to compell us to do anything. we have our own choices.

Nienna
05-20-2007, 10:02 PM
The devil can't make a believer do ANYTHING, as long as the believer is walking in obedience. The devil would have been powerless over him. If Josh was forced by the devil to do that, he wouldn't make a very good pastor, because it is obvious he wasn't walking in obedience.

5stringJeff
05-20-2007, 10:06 PM
What the hell is wrong with people?!? (no pun intended)

loosecannon
05-20-2007, 10:09 PM
What the hell is wrong with people?!? (no pun intended)

money says these are fundy republicans. The Bush base.

5stringJeff
05-20-2007, 10:10 PM

:lame2:

05-20-2007, 10:14 PM

Possibly. But refusing to take responsibility sounds more liberal to me.

-Cp
05-20-2007, 10:14 PM
I wonder if I could use that excuse for when my Shotgun shoots their asses full of Buckshot?

nevadamedic
05-20-2007, 10:16 PM

:lame2: This has nothing to do with Republican or Democrats, he has to do with severly mentally ill people.

loosecannon
05-20-2007, 10:19 PM
:lame2: This has nothing to do with Republican or Democrats, he has to do with severly mentally ill people.

I would agree, but unfortunately the Bush camp made a very concerted effort to court the whacko fundies and THIS is what you get when you make a deal with the devil to win.

Tough beans. The whacko fundies are now GOPers, and odds are 9/1 that these mottley fools are Bushbot republicans.

nevadamedic
05-20-2007, 10:31 PM
I would agree, but unfortunately the Bush camp made a very concerted effort to court the whacko fundies and THIS is what you get when you make a deal with the devil to win.

Tough beans. The whacko fundies are now GOPers, and odds are 9/1 that these mottley fools are Bushbot republicans.

loosecannon
05-20-2007, 11:37 PM

What is lame is focusing your party on the most whacked out segment of the population ON PURPOSE!

nevadamedic
05-20-2007, 11:40 PM
What is lame is focusing your party on the most whacked out segment of the population ON PURPOSE!

stephanie
05-20-2007, 11:53 PM

Oh fer crying out loud...:slap:

nevadamedic
05-20-2007, 11:57 PM
Oh fer crying out loud...:slap:

:bow2:

Hobbit
05-21-2007, 12:14 AM

http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=248&stc=1&d=1179724433

loosecannon
05-21-2007, 05:16 AM
http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=248&stc=1&d=1179724433

THAT was :lame2:

5stringJeff
05-21-2007, 08:40 AM

Dude... this is not a political story. Why are you attempting to spin it that way?