PDA

View Full Version : Just back from doctor

jimnyc
04-12-2012, 02:02 PM
Need a dentist, but can't get appt. till Wednesday. Needed pain meds. Got 20 percs. Took 3 immediately. Gonna get tooth pulled probably. I'm in serious pain.

Little-Acorn
04-12-2012, 02:26 PM
Need a dentist, but can't get appt. till Wednesday. Needed pain meds. Got 20 percs. Took 3 immediately. Gonna get tooth pulled probably. I'm in serious pain.

Jesus, Jim.

Grab the phone book (or call Referrals R Us) and find another dentist pronto. Get that tooth pulled TODAY.

Why on earth were you waiting for a dentist who can't help you?

Little-Acorn
04-12-2012, 02:28 PM
P.S. Thank your lucky stars ObamaDentalCare (or whatever it will be called once the leftists get around to taking that over too) isn't in effect. If it were, you would be able to call NO new dentists.

Just shut up and stand in line, our decision is final and there are no other avenues open to you for help.

jimnyc
04-12-2012, 02:37 PM
Our major medical doesn't cover dental, we use Met Life dental separately. It's a weird company, as they don't even provide cards. You just need to print out your own form and bring it with you when you go. I also can't figure out on their website how to find a covered doctor, as it asks me which of their plans I am using, and without a card I have no damn idea! LOL

My neighbor gave me a recommendation and that's who I made the appointment with, and did so while in major pain and just yessed everything to death. When I realized the pain wasn't gonna wait, that's when I went to the walk in clinic, for immediate relief. Damn plan that my wife's company switched to blows. The deductible is so high that you end up paying out of pocket most of the year anyway, although the medication coverage is good.

I'm likely going to go to an oral surgeon I've used previously, and probably first thing Saturday morning. I know it'll be $450 I think for the extraction, and I really don't care about the insurance. If they cover on the spot, great. If not, I'll happily pay for them to remove this painful little bastard. Advil, no go. Then Motrin, and then Extra Strength Tylenol. The Hydrocodone is kicking in now and I feel a little better, or my brain can't receive the pain signal cause I'm too high! :laugh:

Mr. P
04-12-2012, 05:06 PM
Do you have a place there called "Affordable Dentures"? It's a chain and around Atlanta they'll pull that bastard for $50 not $450!

Anton Chigurh
04-12-2012, 05:58 PM
Watch out and don't let the thing abscess, that could be fatal.

RadiomanATL
04-12-2012, 07:21 PM

Nothing worse than a toothache.

Shadow
04-12-2012, 07:39 PM

I had an abscessed tooth earlier this year. A friend who was a dental assistant taught me a trick...and it helped. Make a paste from peroxide and salt...brush it on the inflamed area a couple times a day and rince...then make sure to rince your mouth with warm salt water a few times a day. After about 24 hours your tooth will feel a lot better. That paste helps kill the infection.

Mr. P
04-12-2012, 07:49 PM
Nothing worse than a toothache.

Back pain is! By far, really, I've had both. Hands down, back pain is debilitating. Hemorrhoids are bad too! OMG! :laugh:

jimnyc
04-16-2012, 05:03 PM
Of course I ate my pain meds like they were candy, and am now in pain. The good news is, I have an appointment at 9am tomorrow. I'm afraid of even messing with it, as in trying to save it. I've been babying this tooth for a LONG time rather than go to the dentist. I'm figuring on just going straight for the extraction. It's the 3rd from the rear I believe, so not really viewable... The antibiotic hasn't seemed to kill it either. I feel like I'm taking the cowardly way out, but I truly hate doing to the dentist and would prefer to just go in and out as quickly as possible.

jimnyc
04-17-2012, 10:10 AM
Well, the cause of my pain is no longer with me.

Of course I'm a wuss and required being "put to sleep" for the extraction. As they are seconds away from starting, and already have the needle inserted, I asked the nurse what type of medication they use. I noticed a small bottle that was a milky white substance - eerily similar to how they described the medicine they gave Michael Jackson - and then she told me it was propofol, which is what his doctor gave him. You were able to immediately hear my heart rate increase from the machine they had hooked up to make sure I was still alive! LOL

And the nurse was kind of hot too. They say you're not really out, but you are, if that makes any sense. I just kept thinking I was going to be with MJ soon. But then I kept seeing her lean over me for some reason, her boobies coming awfully close to my forearm/hand area. I figured I might make a quick squeeze, and then act like I didn't know what I was doing, but then the next thing I know I was in the recovery room.