PDA

View Full Version : Well, I'm at that age now

Hobbit
05-20-2007, 10:47 PM
Nearly all of my close friends are either married or engaged. All of my cousins that are older than me are either married or engaged. This means that nobody seems to be capable of talking to me any more without asking me when I'm going to get married. I don't even have a girlfriend right now, and some of my more meddlesome friends and relatives are trying to set me up with every chick in the known world. I swear, the next time some old meddler asks me when I'm going to get married, I'm going to ask when she's (I'm assuming) going to die. After all, it's her turn, and the next young one to do it gets to sit in the back when it finally happens.

I know a bunch of you have been there. Anybody have any advice to get the vultures off my back?

manu1959
05-20-2007, 10:50 PM
Nearly all of my close friends are either married or engaged. All of my cousins that are older than me are either married or engaged. This means that nobody seems to be capable of talking to me any more without asking me when I'm going to get married. I don't even have a girlfriend right now, and some of my more meddlesome friends and relatives are trying to set me up with every chick in the known world. I swear, the next time some old meddler asks me when I'm going to get married, I'm going to ask when she's (I'm assuming) going to die. After all, it's her turn, and the next young one to do it gets to sit in the back when it finally happens.

I know a bunch of you have been there. Anybody have any advice to get the vultures off my back?

tell her you are waiting for her to get a divorce.....

nevadamedic
05-20-2007, 10:51 PM

Im in the same position, im at the point where I would give anything to have that person to spend the rest of my life with, someone who I can come home to from work and asks me how my day went and actually cares and vice versa, someone I can take out for a roomantic evening or to go hang out with friends or even stay home and watch a movie and play boardgames, someone I can bring flowers home to just because I want to make her day, someone who when I hear her voice I get butterflies and when I see her smile it melts my heart, someone I can hold all night everynight, someone who would like to do projects with me to improve the community,, someone who can help me when I run for office,and I would do anything in my power to make her happy and provide for her and make sure she never wants or needs anything ever again. Cheesy I know.

Hobbit
05-20-2007, 10:56 PM
Im in the same position, im at the point where I would give anything to have that person to spend the rest of my life with, someone who I can come home to from work and asks me how my day went and actually cares and vice versa, someone I can take out for a roomantic evening or to go hang out with friends or even stay home and watch a movie and play boardgames, someone I can bring flowers home to just because I want to make her day, someone who when I hear her voice I get butterflies and when I see her smile it melts my heart, someone I can hold all night everynight, someone who would like to do projects with me to improve the community,, someone who can help me when I run for office,and I would do anything in my power to make her happy and provide for her and make sure she never wants or needs anything ever again. Cheesy I know.

While that would be nice, my immediate concern is getting people to stop asking me when I'm going to get married. Personally, I'm not ready for marriage just yet. I'm still pretty irresponsable, finishing college, etc., etc., and if ANYBODY so much as mentions me having kids one more time (skipping a step, aren't we?), I swear I'm gonna headbutt somebody.

stephanie
05-20-2007, 10:58 PM
Im in the same position, im at the point where I would give anything to have that person to spend the rest of my life with, someone who I can come home to from work and asks me how my day went and actually cares and vice versa, someone I can take out for a romantic evening or to go hang out with friends or even stay home and watch a movie and play boardgames, someone I can bring flowers home to just because I want to make her day, someone who when I hear her voice I get butterflies and when I see her smile it melts my heart, someone I can hold all night everynight, someone who would like to do projects with me to improve the community,, someone who can help me when I run for office,and I would do anything in my power to make her happy and provide for her and make sure she never wants or needs anything ever again. Cheesy I know.

Shoot...are you into slightly older, more mature women...???:laugh2:

nevadamedic
05-20-2007, 11:01 PM

At this point im into anyone who has a great personality and is an all around good person! The lonliness is getting to me. Plus my daughter keeps asking me daddy when are you gonna get married? So I know where hobbit is coming from, except it sucks more when it's your own daughter :(

Abbey Marie
05-20-2007, 11:11 PM

Funny!

nevadamedic
05-20-2007, 11:12 PM
Funny!

Oh well.

stephanie
05-21-2007, 01:52 AM
Oh well.

Now...don't take that so personal...
I was joking with you, and so was Abbey.:poke:

As for Hobbit, my dear...
Just tell them, you haven't met the right person..yet.
But when you do.....they'll be the first to know...:laugh2:

nevadamedic
05-21-2007, 01:56 AM
Now...don't take that so personal...
I was joking with you, and so was Abbey.:poke:

As for Hobbit, my dear...
Just tell them, you haven't met the right person..yet.
But when you do.....they'll be the first to know...:laugh2:

I take everything to personel, I think that's part of my problem.

stephanie
05-21-2007, 02:18 AM
I take everything to personelI think that's part of my problem.

Well my dear...As you get older.....you'll find taking so many things personal can be a chore...At least that's what I have learned in my yrs...
I love humor......It doesn't demean something, it just lightens things up..

:cheers2:

nevadamedic
05-21-2007, 02:20 AM
Well my dear...As you get older.....you'll find taking so many things personal can be a chore...At least that's what I have learned in my yrs...
I love humor......It doesn't demean something, it just lightens things up..

:cheers2:

Hmmmmmmmmm

stephanie
05-21-2007, 02:24 AM
Hmmmmmmmmm

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m268/alaskamomma/157854.gif

nevadamedic
05-21-2007, 02:27 AM
http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m268/alaskamomma/157854.gif

:banana2:

stephanie
05-21-2007, 02:40 AM
:banana2:

Boy.....you weren't kidding....Such anger...will get you no where.....
Sense of humor, my friend......:laugh2:

05-21-2007, 06:58 AM

Who isnt?;)

Hobbit, I know what you're going through. After all Im single and older. but its really none of their business. They may be completely untactful and rude, but in a way they are just trying to show they care. Id rather have people who care and rude then people who dont care.

But then i dont have the school excuse anymore. So im officially a menace to society:-D

Mr. P
05-21-2007, 07:49 AM
Who isnt?;)

Hobbit, I know what you're going through. After all Im single and older. but its really none of their business. They may be completely untactful and rude, but in a way they are just trying to show they care. Id rather have people who care and rude then people who dont care.

But then i dont have the school excuse anymore. So im officially a menace to society:-D
ahhhh but you have a career to launch and probably some debt to repay. Easy out.:laugh2:

5stringJeff
05-21-2007, 08:52 AM
Hobbit, I understand where you're coming from. Go ahead and live life as a single guy, be irresponsible, hang out, stay out until 3AM and not get nagged about it. No problem with that. Plus, you live in the South, which produces some of the world's finest women, so it's not like you've got a shortage of potential women, when you feel that it's time. Just tell people you're waiting until you feel that you're mature enough for marriage. That will get you kudos for being smart enough to realize that you're not quite ready.

Gaffer
05-21-2007, 06:53 PM
Just tell em you waiting till you make your first million.

Nienna
05-21-2007, 08:04 PM

I can't rep you again! :(

:sigh: That was beautiful! :)

nevadamedic
05-21-2007, 08:21 PM

Sure you can :) Or when ever you can again ill be waiting :) I wasn't trying to make it sound beautiful, it's how I feel. I hate being alone, I really want to find someone I can spend the rest of my life with.

nevadamedic
05-21-2007, 08:22 PM

But if you know any single ladies around my age feel free to send them my way :)

Nienna
05-22-2007, 12:50 PM
But if you know any single ladies around my age feel free to send them my way :)

What's your age?

Doniston
05-22-2007, 12:56 PM

depending upon the Gender. "why would you think I would ever marry someone like you?" I'm Straight (or Gay)

or

You have disrupted (or discouraged)any intent or reason to marry.

Hobbit
05-22-2007, 01:02 PM
depending upon the Gender. "why would you think I would ever marry someone like you?" I'm Straight (or Gay)

or

You have disrupted (or discouraged)any intent or reason to marry.

With relatives, it's "As soon as you stop asking, I'll get right on it."

With friends, it's "I appreciate the offer, but you're not my type/I don't swing that way."

Hagbard Celine
05-22-2007, 01:22 PM
Anybody have any advice to get the vultures off my back?

Come out of the closet. :coffee:

Abbey Marie
05-22-2007, 01:37 PM
What's your age?

I think he once posted that it is 28?

Doniston
05-22-2007, 04:51 PM
Originally Posted by Hobbit
Anybody have any advice to get the vultures off my back?

Get out of their nest.

Or stop eating that rotten food. HEH HEH.