PDA

View Full Version : Let's have some fun - feedback time!

jimnyc
04-18-2012, 02:04 PM
We've done this a few times and have come up with good ideas in the past...

Post some feedback about the board, both good and bad. And let's not be brutal about anything, but we can have a little fun. And maybe in the end, we can fix or implement a few of the ideas/suggestions from the feedback. Please, lets keep the fighting out of here and using names. Good and bad things about the board and lets see if we can improve upon anything.

ConHog
04-18-2012, 02:59 PM
Alrighty

I'll list one good thing and one bad thing, just to get the ball rolling.

Good - Smart posters

I don't mean smart for the internet, I mean genuinely smart. Even the ones I disagree on subjects with, there are some smart mother fuckers posting here. I like to think I am one of those as well, but sometimes I read threads and I'm like "huh?" , glad we don't have to wade through 50 bullshit posts to find one good post in every thread

Bad - A little to militant about being conservative

I don't mean that being conservative is a bad thing, I mean that sometimes the members here tend to tear into people who show even the slightest bit of "liberalism" for no other reason than they are being "liberal." This board would really suck if it were just a bunch of yes men posting to the hard right.

fj1200
04-18-2012, 03:46 PM
Let's have an opposite thread where you argue the other side of the argument from where you normally are.

darin
04-18-2012, 04:28 PM
Let's have an opposite thread where you argue the other side of the argument from where you normally are.

Just like some f'ing liberal trash idea like that...geesh...you're going to hell for your demented, evil ideas, you progressive puke.

:cheers2::poke:

RadiomanATL
04-18-2012, 05:09 PM
Off of the top of my head....a quick post box at the bottom of each thread. An active topics link in addition to a what's new link.

Or maybe that's just me and the way I like to navigate.

ConHog
04-18-2012, 05:09 PM

I sometimes do do that. I just don't tell you guys. :laugh2:

Anton Chigurh
04-18-2012, 05:50 PM
For better main page look, better SEO and for user convenience, you should turn on the vB4 sidebar.

jimnyc
04-18-2012, 05:59 PM
Off of the top of my head....a quick post box at the bottom of each thread. An active topics link in addition to a what's new link.

Or maybe that's just me and the way I like to navigate.

I turned that off a long while back, but am willing to turn it back on of everyone wanted it. This is the "Quick Reply" box. Instead of having to hit "post reply" or "quote reply", there is already a reply box at the end of threads that allows for a "quick reply" without loading another page.

jimnyc
04-18-2012, 06:02 PM
For better main page look, better SEO and for user convenience, you should turn on the vB4 sidebar.

And in case others aren't sure what this one is - it's a "bar" that runs as a column, either on the right or left side of the forums with whatever content you want in that column - from recent posts/threads, other board stats, advertising...

The reason I never turned that on was because I had it installed a few years back as an add-on to the board, and it kind of shortened the feel "from left to right" for me. It made the board seem smaller, IMO. I know that you can have it for just the main page, or load on all pages - and now of course you can also collapse it very quickly and it won't load again unless you delete your cookies.

I'll see if I can get screenshots of both the Quick Reply and Sidebar to let others see. Have a headache tonight though, so probably tomorrow.

Anton Chigurh
04-18-2012, 06:14 PM
What it does for your pagerank makes it well worth having. More terms, phrases, words = more relevance.

darin
04-18-2012, 07:01 PM
I hate those side bar things :(

ConHog
04-18-2012, 07:13 PM

I don't like them either.

gabosaurus
04-18-2012, 07:13 PM
Instead of just having a "thanks" option, the board needs a "this sucks" option. That way, your profile can read something like this: Posts - 15,000; thanked - 100 times; sucked - 80 times." :cool:

Anton Chigurh
04-18-2012, 08:13 PM
I don't like them either.

When you collapse it, it remembers your selection, and stays collapsed.

ConHog
04-18-2012, 08:38 PM
Instead of just having a "thanks" option, the board needs a "this sucks" option. That way, your profile can read something like this: Posts - 15,000; thanked - 100 times; sucked - 80 times." :cool:

I think the board needs something similar to what they had in Major League. The women of DP submit a picture to the board and each member gets to choose one and that pic is on their CP and a piece of the jigsaw puzzle is removed exposing a piece of skin for each thanks that user receives.

I have dibs on Gabby.