PDA

View Full Version : Could this be any more hypocritical?

Sitarro
05-20-2007, 10:57 PM
Gotta love this shit........

http://www.timesheraldonline.com/ci_5937218

State senator rear-ends Vallejo woman while talking on cell phone
Medianews Group report
Article Launched: 05/19/2007 08:46:15 AM PDT

Migden: Voted last year to impose a $20 fine for talking on cell phones while driving.
A Vallejo woman reportedly suffered minor injuries Friday when her car was rear-ended by an SUV driven by a state senator talking on a cell phone while driving through Solano County.
State Sen. Carole Migden, D-San Francisco, was driving her new state-issued 2007 Toyota Highlander Hybrid SUV at 10:40 a.m. on eastbound Highway 12 at Beck Avenue when she rear-ended Ellen Butawan, 31, of Vallejo, California Highway Patrol Officer Marvin Williford said.

Butawan's 2005 Honda sedan was slowing behind a 2003 GMC Savana van that had stopped at a red light, Williford said. The impact forced Butawan's car into the rear of the van, driven by Bob Jordan, 57, of Turlock.

Migden, 58, accepted blame Friday for the accident.

The collision remains under investigation, but it appears Migden took the wrong exit, inadvertently going on the eastbound I-80 connector onto eastbound Highway 12, Williford said. She was looking for a way to get back onto the freeway when she crashed into Butawan's vehicle, he said.

Migden's sobriety was verified by officers using a hand-held

breath-testing unit, even though there was nothing to indicate she had been drinking, Williford said.
"It was just a precaution," he said.

Her SUV, which she recently swapped for her taxpayer-funded 2005 Cadillac STS, sustained a dented front grill that kept the hood from closing properly. It was towed to the Fairfield CHP office, where officers used a coat hanger and duct-tape to secure it, before Migden drove it away to a meeting in Marin County.

Migden last year voted for a new law that takes effect in July 2008 that will impose a minimum fine of $20 for anyone caught using a cell phone while driving without a headset, ear bud or other technology that frees both hands.

nevadamedic
05-20-2007, 11:10 PM
Gotta love this shit........

http://www.timesheraldonline.com/ci_5937218

State senator rear-ends Vallejo woman while talking on cell phone
Medianews Group report
Article Launched: 05/19/2007 08:46:15 AM PDT

Migden: Voted last year to impose a $20 fine for talking on cell phones while driving.
A Vallejo woman reportedly suffered minor injuries Friday when her car was rear-ended by an SUV driven by a state senator talking on a cell phone while driving through Solano County.
State Sen. Carole Migden, D-San Francisco, was driving her new state-issued 2007 Toyota Highlander Hybrid SUV at 10:40 a.m. on eastbound Highway 12 at Beck Avenue when she rear-ended Ellen Butawan, 31, of Vallejo, California Highway Patrol Officer Marvin Williford said.

Butawan's 2005 Honda sedan was slowing behind a 2003 GMC Savana van that had stopped at a red light, Williford said. The impact forced Butawan's car into the rear of the van, driven by Bob Jordan, 57, of Turlock.

Migden, 58, accepted blame Friday for the accident.

The collision remains under investigation, but it appears Migden took the wrong exit, inadvertently going on the eastbound I-80 connector onto eastbound Highway 12, Williford said. She was looking for a way to get back onto the freeway when she crashed into Butawan's vehicle, he said.

Migden's sobriety was verified by officers using a hand-held

breath-testing unit, even though there was nothing to indicate she had been drinking, Williford said.
"It was just a precaution," he said.

Her SUV, which she recently swapped for her taxpayer-funded 2005 Cadillac STS, sustained a dented front grill that kept the hood from closing properly. It was towed to the Fairfield CHP office, where officers used a coat hanger and duct-tape to secure it, before Migden drove it away to a meeting in Marin County.

Migden last year voted for a new law that takes effect in July 2008 that will impose a minimum fine of $20 for anyone caught using a cell phone while driving without a headset, ear bud or other technology that frees both hands.

Typical Democrat, hipocrit. $20 fine? That's stupid, thats a nothing fine.

diuretic
05-21-2007, 02:10 AM
Could this be any more inconsequential? Grasping at straws? There must be something better than this for you to grab a hold of and smear an entire class of political thought with. What about Jefferson? He hasn't been sorted out yet.

nevadamedic
05-21-2007, 02:13 AM
Could this be any more inconsequential? Grasping at straws? There must be something better than this for you to grab a hold of and smear an entire class of political thought with. What about Jefferson? He hasn't been sorted out yet.

What?

Birdzeye
05-21-2007, 06:48 AM

:clap:

The news provides plenty of stories like this, of individual politicians doing stupid or hypocritical stuff, but all we hear from the righties here are the stupid Democrats stories. You have to wonder what their agenda is.

Sitarro
05-21-2007, 06:55 AM

Gee di,

I have to wonder why you would take the time out of your busy day to let us know just how inconsequential the subject is? It was more about the silly Algorish mentality of "do as I say not as I do" that politicians in general tend to live by, rather than pointing out the political party of said politician. But, it is a good point, the Democrats are so superior to all others, that makes it all that much funnier......crashing a Government vehicle into the back of an innocent citizen doing what you claimed should never be done(and tried to pass a law against).... pretty funny.

05-21-2007, 06:59 AM
Gee di,

I have to wonder why you would take the time out of your busy day to let us know just how inconsequential the subject is? It was more about the silly Algorish mentality of "do as I say not as I do" that politicians in general tend to live by, rather than pointing out the political party of said politician. But, it is a good point, the Democrats are so superior to all others, that makes it all that much funnier......crashing a Government vehicle into the back of an innocent citizen doing what you claimed should never be done(and tried to pass a law against).... pretty funny.

And the fact that its a Democrat senator driving an evil SUV makes things even more amusing:)

Bulldog
05-21-2007, 07:28 AM
And the fact that here in the UK we have to pay a £60 ($120) fine AND take a 3 point hit on our driving licence makes me even madder. :bang3:

Bulldog.

Monkeybone
05-21-2007, 08:44 AM
And the fact that its a Democrat senator driving an evil SUV makes things even more amusing:)

it was only half evil...cause it was a hybrid...haha...ha...dang it

Birdzeye
05-21-2007, 09:58 AM
I'm not going to defend this bozo's behavior, not after having almost gotten broadsided last week by another bozo who apparently was too busy yakking on his cell phone to notice that he had just run a red light.

Lucky for both of us that I reacted quickly and burned a few more microns from my brake pads.

Dilloduck
05-21-2007, 10:28 AM
:clap:

The news provides plenty of stories like this, of individual politicians doing stupid or hypocritical stuff, but all we hear from the righties here are the stupid Democrats stories. You have to wonder what their agenda is.

You really shouldn't have to wonder. Righties try to advance their agenda by attacking lefties and vice-versa. There are many ways to do this and by now I think the righties and lefties have used everyone of them. Sorry--there' still no high ground here. Just two ideaologies having a verbal civil war.

Birdzeye
05-21-2007, 10:40 AM
You really shouldn't have to wonder. Righties try to advance their agenda by attacking lefties and vice-versa. There are many ways to do this and by now I think the righties and lefties have used everyone of them. Sorry--there' still no high ground here. Just two ideaologies having a verbal civil war.

Yeah, that's how I see it.

Doniston
05-21-2007, 11:34 AM
Yeah, that's how I see it. I don't I see it that way. I see it from a bipartisan position ---that once more here was someone who voted for a law that they are not willing to follow. Get rid of them.

Hagbard Celine
05-21-2007, 12:01 PM
Gee di,

Her toyota should have bluetooth. I wonder why she wasn't using it :dunno: