PDA

View Full Version : Random Thoughts

MtnBiker
04-18-2012, 07:59 PM
A few random thoughts;

When the Secret Service interviews Ted Nugent over his recent comments, will they ask him for tips on hooking up with groupies?

If Dick Cheney is Darth Vader, does that make Joe Biden Jar Jar Binks?

I am glad to know that when I look at my 11 year old chocolate lab, I never have to think, "hmmm I know how he tastes".

sundaydriver
04-18-2012, 08:27 PM
A few random thoughts;

When the Secret Service interviews Ted Nugent over his recent comments, will they ask him for tips on hooking up with groupies?

Ted has always been too impressed with himself

If Dick Cheney is Darth Vader, does that make Joe Biden Jar Jar Binks?

But who looks and acts more like Vadar than Cheney? I don't know who Jar Jar Binks is.

I am glad to know that when I look at my 11 year old chocolate lab, I never have to think, "hmmm I know how he tastes".

I've been places that I ate what I was given & glad to have it!

sundaydriver
04-18-2012, 09:32 PM
My random thought is the sounds of spring. I have two flocks of turkeys in close proximity, one in front and one behind the house. It gets real loud at day break.

Shadow
04-18-2012, 09:47 PM
Caterpillars are singing yankee doodle to me in spanish.

When you are asked for your random thoughts...are you required to have more than one?

Dilloduck
04-18-2012, 10:19 PM
only one thought can occupy any specific space time location in your brain

SassyLady
04-18-2012, 11:57 PM
Wondering about single life again .... will be divorced in a couple of months.

Abbey Marie
04-19-2012, 09:50 AM
1. Always happy to see a post from MB

2. Autumn- asap

3. Junk

4. 19 was such a great age

5. Watch out world- Sassy is bustin' out!

MtnBiker
05-28-2012, 09:29 AM
If you happen to drop your keys in a river of molten lava, let'm go. Because, man they're gone!

Abbey Marie
05-28-2012, 02:22 PM
I'm not the person I used to be; in fact I never was.

Toro
05-28-2012, 04:01 PM
I'm awesome.

Aeryn Sun
05-28-2012, 04:16 PM
Never look a gift horse in a stitch in time.

SassyLady
05-28-2012, 08:33 PM
Are doves cuckoo birds in disguise?

Wind Song
05-28-2012, 08:35 PM
Practice random acts of kindness and senseless beauty.

SassyLady
05-28-2012, 08:47 PM
Love the smell of barbecue and the sound of lawns being mowed on a beautiful spring afternoon.

Wind Song
05-28-2012, 08:52 PM
It's quiet in the house. I can hear some evening song birds. My wife is due home from a trip tonight. I've missed her.(terribly, the bed has felt sooo much bigger.)

I have three job interviews this week....

Each one is different. One with kids, one with grown ups and one with seniors.

Binky
05-28-2012, 10:02 PM
Wherever I go, there I be. Don't get a bee in your bonnet as it can be painful.

Binky
05-28-2012, 10:06 PM
When you run over a hole in the ground with your lawnmower, stirring up a hidden wasps nest, do as I did. Run like hell, screaming and crying to the house like a little girl. At least then you'll be out of their line of fire once indoors. Better to look like a sissy girl than to stay outside letting the wasps sting your stupid butt.

Shadow
05-28-2012, 10:25 PM
The air is thick tonight. NM brush fires.

Aeryn Sun
05-28-2012, 10:27 PM
When tempted to fight fire with fire, remember that the Fire Department usually uses water.

SassyLady
05-28-2012, 10:39 PM
It's quiet in the house. I can hear some evening song birds. My wife is due home from a trip tonight. I've missed her.(terribly, the bed has felt sooo much bigger.)

I have three job interviews this week....

Each one is different. One with kids, one with grown ups and one with seniors.

Love the sound of the song birds. There's a dove outside my bedroom window that is cooing like crazy. Peacocks off in the distance. Last few nights have heard a screech owl....little Rocky will not go outside when he hears it.

Good luck on the interviews. If you could pick one, which one would you pick?

SassyLady
05-28-2012, 10:44 PM
My rental cottage was on Craigslist for less than 48 hours. Thank you, God and all my guardian angels.

Wind Song
05-28-2012, 10:54 PM
Silence, crickets, all four cats out tonight on the prowl. My honey plane is an hour late. I'm sleepy, oops there's a cat at the door.

Shadow
05-28-2012, 11:09 PM
When you run over a hole in the ground with your lawnmower, stirring up a hidden wasps nest, do as I did. Run like hell, screaming and crying to the house like a little girl. At least then you'll be out of their line of fire once indoors. Better to look like a sissy girl than to stay outside letting the wasps sting your stupid butt.

You must run like the wind. They got me anyway.

SassyLady
05-29-2012, 12:36 AM

I have found that the faster you run, the more your exert, the more they want to get you. I have learned to stand absolutely still....even if one chooses to sting me. Whatever chemical is exuded when we are in "flight" mode I think really attracts them.

Speaking of bees ... anyone watched Fried Green Tomatoes lately?

SassyLady
05-29-2012, 12:36 AM
My rental cottage was on Craigslist for less than 48 hours. Thank you, God and all my guardian angels.

450 square feet for $975/month.

Wind Song
05-29-2012, 09:54 AM
My random thought this morning is how happy I am that my wife's home. My second thought is I want to have more fun in my life.

PostmodernProphet
05-29-2012, 10:52 AM
Love the smell of barbecue and the sound of lawns being mowed on a beautiful spring afternoon.

I love the smell of new mown hay and the sound of barbeque on the grill.....

blarset
05-29-2012, 11:11 AM
What? Who use several ID's on the forums? Hiding? Dishonest? manipulative? Deceptive? Controlling? Whats it mean?

CSM
05-29-2012, 12:10 PM
If I have a random thought and I start to think about it, it's not random anymore.

Kathianne
05-29-2012, 12:12 PM
I'm thinking I've had a sweet week! Finals started last Thursday. Since then, I've been done with school at 9:25 or 11:15 and paid for the whole day! Today though, alas, all good things come to an end. ;)

Shadow
05-29-2012, 01:01 PM
What? Who use several ID's on the forums? Hiding? Dishonest? manipulative? Deceptive? Controlling? Whats it mean?

All of the above probably.

Anyway...

My daughter looks strange without braces.

Aeryn Sun
05-29-2012, 04:09 PM
A bird in the hand is safer than one overhead.

Aeryn Sun
05-29-2012, 04:09 PM
Man who walk through airport door sideways is going to Bangkok.

blarset
05-29-2012, 09:36 PM
I wonder. As the day draws near to its end should I be feeling about her again, while memory's past lay close at hand?

Aeryn Sun
05-29-2012, 11:18 PM
Hearts belong in the chest, not on the sleeve.

SassyLady
05-30-2012, 01:36 AM

In my case, it was divorce. I am no longer KurtsPrincess so it seemed prudent to change it. Others?? Have no idea.

blarset
05-30-2012, 06:57 AM
In my case, it was divorce. I am no longer KurtsPrincess so it seemed prudent to change it. Others?? Have no idea.

People do you know that do that? I seen several who do it on a regular basis.

darin
05-30-2012, 07:12 AM

why the hell does it matter? Someday somebody will do a reality show on the underground world of Online Forums and all the bullshit drama going on.

Shadow
05-30-2012, 07:16 AM
Why do some people need to know all...but are afraid to be known?

Shadow
05-30-2012, 07:20 AM
why the hell does it matter? Someday somebody will do a reality show on the underground world of Online Forums and all the bullshit drama going on.

Already is a staged reality show...maybe they can just do a documentary ;)

ConHog
05-30-2012, 06:02 PM
Those who have the most birthdays tend to live the longest.

-unknown

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
05-30-2012, 06:29 PM
My random thoughts are , will we ever find out exactly how it is that we ended up with such a loser in the Whitehouse?
If we do , will it prevent us from such folly again?

And why is it that a man's wife knows every damn thing until it comes time to figure out how to stop the neighbor's dogs from crapping all over our driveway?-

blarset
05-30-2012, 10:15 PM
Why do you see the same threads in the forums? Why do people want to post a thread on something thats been started already at another forum.

SassyLady
05-31-2012, 03:30 AM
Got a buyer for my 66 T-Bird and he agreed to haul away the 73 Ford PU!

darin
05-31-2012, 04:35 AM
Got a buyer for my 66 T-Bird and he agreed to haul away the 73 Ford PU!

I got something you can haul away....just sayin...

:)

SassyLady
05-31-2012, 10:02 PM
I got something you can haul away....just sayin...

:)

Tell Mary to pack her bags, I'm coming to haul her away!!!

J/K

logroller
06-01-2012, 01:47 AM
Just crudely poignant.
"how far's a dick have to be up your ass before you realize you're getting fucked?" -Bill Hicks

darin
06-01-2012, 04:40 AM
Tell Mary to pack her bags, I'm coming to haul her away!!!

The both of us? VERY Hot...I've THOUGHT about that scenario a time or two...omg.

:D

Need a cig.

SassyLady
06-01-2012, 05:57 PM
The both of us? VERY Hot...I've THOUGHT about that scenario a time or two...omg.

:D

Need a cig.

I've always thought Mary was hot, cute, sexy and she must be really smart ... she married you, didn't she?

Aeryn Sun
06-01-2012, 08:36 PM
And that my friend is how babies are made!!!

SassyLady
06-01-2012, 08:37 PM
And that my friend is how babies are made!!!

Not if you're 60.....:laugh:

WiccanLiberal
06-02-2012, 10:33 AM
There is a miserable point on a late Saturday morning when you have to acknowledge that if anything is going to be accomplished in the course of the day, you have to get your dead ass moving. I am at that unfortunate point. I therefore bid you all adieu and toddle off to my chores.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
06-02-2012, 11:31 AM
There is a miserable point on a late Saturday morning when you have to acknowledge that if anything is going to be accomplished in the course of the day, you have to get your dead ass moving. I am at that unfortunate point. I therefore bid you all adieu and toddle off to my chores.

A sure way to avoid that is to sleep well past noon! Transfer Saturday chores to Sunday then pretend its Friday.
Worked for me back when I was a single man... I dont dare try it now! Tha bosslady would roast me alive..:laugh:

WiccanLiberal
06-02-2012, 11:58 AM
Well I have managed to get about half the needed things done so far. Time for a lunch break. I have the laundry well started, the bed remade, half the house cleaned and V4R fed. Rockin' out to the oldies on the radio and hoping the energy holds out.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
06-02-2012, 12:34 PM
Well I have managed to get about half the needed things done so far. Time for a lunch break. I have the laundry well started, the bed remade, half the house cleaned and V4R fed. Rockin' out to the oldies on the radio and hoping the energy holds out.

What?? You feed V4R before you feed the dog!
Say it taint so...:laugh:
Now don't make a butterball out of him , at least not until Thanksgiving..-:laugh:--Tyr

aboutime
06-02-2012, 01:42 PM
This may not please everyone. But as a cancer survivor. I make the best of what I have left in life with a smile, and I'm more able to joke about my own situation..thankful for seeing the sun every morning.
So. I tell my wife how someday. When I see the young chippies in their bikini's walking toward the beach. I'm waiting for just one of them to see me looking at them from our front door a little too hard, and accuse me of harrassment.
Then. They try to sue me by taking me to court before a judge. And when the judge asks for proof.
He, or She throws the case out of court. Because...the Evidence WON'T STAND UP.
Needless to say. The first cancer was for my Prostate. GET THE PICTURE?

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
06-02-2012, 02:02 PM
This may not please everyone. But as a cancer survivor. I make the best of what I have left in life with a smile, and I'm more able to joke about my own situation..thankful for seeing the sun every morning.
So. I tell my wife how someday. When I see the young chippies in their bikini's walking toward the beach. I'm waiting for just one of them to see me looking at them from our front door a little too hard, and accuse me of harrassment.
Then. They try to sue me by taking me to court before a judge. And when the judge asks for proof.
He, or She throws the case out of court. Because...the Evidence WON'T STAND UP.
Needless to say. The first cancer was for my Prostate. GET THE PICTURE?

Now, now my friend. As long as the eye candy is adult its all good. I told my wife when I stop noticing a fine beautiful sexy lady in a bikini, go ahead and plant me deep six.-:laugh:
She knows that Im too smart to do anything stupid like mess with any other women..
Because I have her and my son. Bro' I wouldnt chance losing that for a billion dollars and a hundred sexy women to boot! My father didnt raise a foooooooooool just a stubborn ole dog= me...:laugh:-
I'm with you amigo every day above ground sho' is a great one!-:salute:--Tyr

aboutime
06-02-2012, 02:10 PM
Now, now my friend. As long as the eye candy is adult its all good. I told my wife when I stop noticing a fine beautiful sexy lady in a bikini, go ahead and plant me deep six.-:laugh:
She knows that Im too smart to do anything stupid like mess with any other women..
Because I have her and my son. Bro' I wouldnt chance losing that for a billion dollars and a hundred sexy women to boot! My father didnt raise a foooooooooool just a stubborn ole dog= me...:laugh:-
I'm with you amigo every day above ground sho' is a great one!-:salute:--Tyr

Don't call it eye candy. I'd choke anyway.
My lady laughs at me, and knows SHE is the one, and only lady I need. I've been around the block a few times. But there has never been a Real Friend like she has been for me. A strong lady who played Mom, and Dad for most of our son's years growing up while I was deployed on those GRAY floating things. Just trying to keep us all together.
When we celebrate Mothers day. I often think, there should be a Wife Day as well.
But the navy did give her a Retirement Certificate the day I retired. Knowing I wouldn't have been as successful if I Didn't have her back here at home.
Now I'm gettin all mushy. But she really is worth it. You don't stay together for 43 years if you aren't friends. Real Friends.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
06-02-2012, 02:20 PM
Don't call it eye candy. I'd choke anyway.
My lady laughs at me, and knows SHE is the one, and only lady I need. I've been around the block a few times. But there has never been a Real Friend like she has been for me. A strong lady who played Mom, and Dad for most of our son's years growing up while I was deployed on those GRAY floating things. Just trying to keep us all together.
When we celebrate Mothers day. I often think, there should be a Wife Day as well.
But the navy did give her a Retirement Certificate the day I retired. Knowing I wouldn't have been as successful if I Didn't have her back here at home.
Now I'm gettin all mushy. But she really is worth it. You don't stay together for 43 years if you aren't friends. Real Friends.

Im blessed to have a fine lady too. She is great, after all, she puts up with me!! Even I know that she deseves a medal for that! You guys have been married 11 years longer than my wife has been alive! Riza is only 32... we married when she was 25...I was 51 then... Now 7 years later we have a 5 year old and life is fantastic because we have each other..
You enjoy every second of it my friend, you earned it!!:salute:--Tyr

jimnyc
06-02-2012, 02:48 PM
Im blessed to have a fine lady too. She is great, after all, she puts up with me!! Even I know that she deseves a medal for that! You guys have been married 11 years longer than my wife has been alive! Riza is only 32... we married when she was 25...I was 51 then... Now 7 years later we have a 5 year old and life is fantastic because we have each other..
You enjoy every second of it my friend, you earned it!!:salute:--Tyr

Off topic, but I have to ask - where does your username come from? It sounds/looks like an Asian name but I shouldn't assume, so I'm asking!!

Abbey Marie
06-02-2012, 03:50 PM
Off topic, but I have to ask - where does your username come from? It sounds/looks like an Asian name but I shouldn't assume, so I'm asking!!

Make that two of us asking. :cool:

SassyLady
06-03-2012, 03:20 AM
A sure way to avoid that is to sleep well past noon! Transfer Saturday chores to Sunday then pretend its Friday.
Worked for me back when I was a single man... I dont dare try it now! Tha bosslady would roast me alive..:laugh:

Love your logic!!! :cheer5:

MtnBiker
06-19-2012, 03:55 PM
Homemade icecream is awesome!

Kathianne
06-19-2012, 11:58 PM
Homemade icecream is awesome!

waffle cone ice cream is wonderful. Homemade would be even better!

Binky
06-20-2012, 08:18 PM

Oh, I didn't say they hadn't gotten me. I said I ran like a sissy girl for the house sreaming all the way. Believe me, getting stung by a swam of wasps wasn't something I wanted to stand around enjoying. Ten times stung on the run. And luckily, not on the bum.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
06-20-2012, 08:43 PM

Missed this post before. Sorry for the late answer
My names is a combination of the names TYR , ZIU and SAXNOT. All represent the same Norse god of the Vkings=Tyr, the germans= Ziu , the Saxons of Britain= Saxnot.
A COMBINATION I CAME UP WITH LONG AGO COMING FROM MY STUDY OF MY VIKING ANCESTORS.
With Tyr being Odin's(equal to= the Greeks's God Zeus) son , the Viking God of Justice and single one on one sword fighting combat!
My ancestors were Viking, Native American, Irish , Danish , German and English, a true mutt I am ..-:rolleyes:

Now later in their history Tyr fell away in favor of Thor, the Viking God of Hammer fame. I really loved Thor as a teenager but favored Tyr as an adult. I almost joined here with the name Thor's Hammer. -:laugh:

You asked, hope it didnt bore you too much. I am not Asian but my wife is a beautiful filipina from Cebu Philippines..Tyr

gabosaurus
06-20-2012, 08:51 PM
If you have a love of your Viking ancestors, then obviously you will enjoy a double dose of Viking Metal!

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/zXHEKptrweA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/KDlgD9ujexM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Nell's Room
06-20-2012, 11:08 PM
I believe I have a date on Sunday.:clap:

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
06-20-2012, 11:40 PM
I believe I have a date on Sunday.:clap:

That's great. I have a date every night with my beautiful wife, I go to bed with her and wake up the next morning to behold her beauty before she wakes. It's truly a wonderful blessing, marraige, that is if both parties love each other and freely forgive when they should . Seven years and it still seems that we find comfort in each other's love. Two failed marraiges previously and now I know what I missed for almost thirty years! Better late than never, eh?-Tyr

WiccanLiberal
06-24-2012, 05:14 PM
Well, I managed to convince V4R that it was finally time for new glasses. Yesterday he got his first regular eye exam in over ten years, and got new regular glasses and sunglasses. And they are tres sexy btw. He was shocked at how much his prescription had improved. Off he went to work last night figuring he was doing the midnight cruise then be home about 8AM or so. He got press ganged again into doing the morning cruise as well. Only good thing is I managed to get major chores done last night and this AM, including putting up my new flagpole and repotting my philodendron.

SassyLady
06-24-2012, 06:59 PM
Joined Lumosity today.

Lumosity is uncovering the secrets of brain performance — with a little help from our friends. The Human Cognition Project (http://www.lumosity.com/the-science/research-on-lumosity) is a groundbreaking research effort to bring together a network of scientists from 25 of the top neuroscience programs in the world, including Stanford, Berkeley and Harvard. Our goal is to use Lumosity as a platform for learning about cognitive enhancement and brain performance. With the help of these researchers, we are conducting over 3 dozen research projects — both in the lab and virtually — to make the most effective cognitive training programs in the world.

http://www.lumosity.com/blog/lumosity-introduces-human-cognition-project/

WiccanLiberal
06-24-2012, 09:11 PM
A further update on the course of the day. After being shanghaied as mentioned in my post earlier, not only did V4R have to brave the savage seas of Sheepshead Bay and New York Harbor, but he had to effect the evacuation of an ill passenger (did I mention he has EMT training?). The Bar Mitzvah cruise was otherwise a success and the passenger was feeling better on the dock. So my sweety was eventually able to come home to me and arrived with a bag in hand. I have a degree of caution about bags. He sometimes brings me items that can put up a bit of a fight. I was correct. A careful opening of the bag revealed a 2.5 pound lobster. Understand he is allergic to shellfish and crustaceans so this was all mine. One large pot of boiling water and a handful of boil spices and 14 minutes and I had a dinner fit for a queen. I am happily stuffed with lobster and I sometimes can't believe how lucky I am.

SassyLady
06-24-2012, 09:17 PM
A further update on the course of the day. After being shanghaied as mentioned in my post earlier, not only did V4R have to brave the savage seas of Sheepshead Bay and New York Harbor, but he had to effect the evacuation of an ill passenger (did I mention he has EMT training?). The Bar Mitzvah cruise was otherwise a success and the passenger was feeling better on the dock. So my sweety was eventually able to come home to me and arrived with a bag in hand. I have a degree of caution about bags. He sometimes brings me items that can put up a bit of a fight. I was correct. A careful opening of the bag revealed a 2.5 pound lobster. Understand he is allergic to shellfish and crustaceans so this was all mine. One large pot of boiling water and a handful of boil spices and 14 minutes and I had a dinner fit for a queen. I am happily stuffed with lobster and I sometimes can't believe how lucky I am.

Well, I'm jealous!

Mr. P
06-27-2012, 10:04 PM
One of my students tried to kill me Monday, Tuesday and today. I hope tomorrow is better. Just sayin

gabosaurus
06-27-2012, 10:14 PM
One of my students tried to kill me Monday, Tuesday and today. I hope tomorrow is better. Just sayin

http://robertjrgraham.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/persistence_of_a_dream.jpg

SassyLady
06-28-2012, 12:22 AM

Does this mean you are a failure as a teacher because you didn't teach them the right way to do it?

ringotuna
06-28-2012, 06:22 AM

Wiccan. I have mastered the art and science of procrastination and fine tuned my list of excuses I give to Mrs. T for not getting things done. The fact that I am still alive after 31 years of marraige is a testament to her patience and love for dumb lazy animals. But occasionally her patience runs thin.

You may have seen this before.

Mrs.T. my love says to me.."You can design and build beautiful homes"

Me: "Yes dear I suppose so"

T: "You have a knack for making people happy"

Me: "Thank you sweetie. That's nice of you to say."

T: "You can develop and patent complex methods of interspecific cytoplasmic gene transfers"

Me: Yes baby. I've done that."

T: "You go out of your way to help your friends"

Me: "Some are not as fortunate as us."

T: "you can stare down corporate CEO's and get what you want from them."

Me: "Yeah, I guess I've done that."

T: "You can design and modify complicated machinery to suit your specific needs"

Me: "Yes I can dear"....feeling quite proud of myself by now.

T: "So why can't you replace the goddam empty toilet paper roll?"

Me: :shock:

ringotuna
06-28-2012, 06:40 AM
What?? You feed V4R before you feed the dog!
Say it taint so...:laugh:
Now don't make a butterball out of him , at least not until Thanksgiving..-:laugh:--Tyr

Feeding time pecking order here at Rancho del Tuna goes like this.

1) Nacho Dog
2) Sophie Dog
3) Chili Dog
4) Ringo

This rule is not to be questioned.

taft2012
06-28-2012, 06:47 AM
Well, I managed to convince V4R that it was finally time for new glasses. .

He's still a sissypants snitch and liberal collaborator. :lol:

Mr. P
06-28-2012, 09:42 PM

Does this mean you are a failure as a teacher because you didn't teach them the right way to do it?

Showed a bit of progress today, no attempt to kill me anyway...so No, it ain't me or what I teach.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
06-28-2012, 09:49 PM
Showed a bit of progress today, no attempt to kill me anyway...so No, it ain't me or what I teach.

Give the kid an -A- for effort! ;)
and a D- for follow thru..:laugh:

SassyLady
06-28-2012, 09:55 PM
Showed a bit of progress, no attempt to kill me anyway...so No, it ain't me or what I teach.

Oh, I thought you were secretly a CIA instructor and if they failed to kill you, then you failed as a teacher!! :salute:

j/k

Mr. P
06-28-2012, 10:15 PM
Give the kid an -A- for effort! ;)
and a D- for follow thru..:laugh:

That's kinda how it goes. I'll go the last mile for those weak ones who make the effort and have the abilities. Put my neck on the line etc..But, in the end there is a standard I must follow. So "C" not "D" may be the grade with the hope that with more effort he can make that "C" a "B", or better. Just the way I am.

aboutime
06-29-2012, 05:33 PM

​If that is true. Do you get to return the favor...so to speak, or can you fail him before he manages to succeed with another student?

Mr. P
06-29-2012, 07:21 PM
​If that is true. Do you get to return the favor...so to speak, or can you fail him before he manages to succeed with another student?

Well, there is a process....But the fact is, ALL of them try an kill you at some point, it's just an inherent risk of the job.

200' above the ground expect them to pitch down (nose down) 10 degrees and dive at 1000 FPM for NO APPARENT reason. :laugh: 12.5 seconds till impact keeps ya on yer toes for sure.

The kid has done a bit better the last two days...There's hope!

aboutime
06-29-2012, 11:24 PM
Well, there is a process....But the fact is, ALL of them try an kill you at some point, it's just an inherent risk of the job.

200' above the ground expect them to pitch down (nose down) 10 degrees and dive at 1000 FPM for NO APPARENT reason. :laugh: 12.5 seconds till impact keeps ya on yer toes for sure.

The kid has done a bit better the last two days...There's hope!

Are they like Blackhawks, or Huwee's? Just wondering, is all.

Nell's Room
06-30-2012, 03:00 AM
I have lost my voice. :(

Mr. P
06-30-2012, 06:13 AM
Are they like Blackhawks, or Huwee's? Just wondering, is all.

Neither, they're both 2nd Lieutenants. :laugh: J/K

In this phase of training we fly Bell Jetrangers. Blackhawks are later in the course for some. The Huey is no longer in the active inventory, that's sad it's a great aircraft.

Roo
06-30-2012, 10:00 AM
Wondering about single life again .... will be divorced in a couple of months.

I found it terrifying at first :(

After 18 years it wasn't the same world.....and I found I was scared of being alone at first...but it pased and as it turns out being alone made me like me more.

Roo
06-30-2012, 10:01 AM
I have lost my voice. :(

Psssst....you're typing we can't hear you ;)

aboutime
06-30-2012, 12:23 PM

In this phase of training we fly Bell Jetrangers. Blackhawks are later in the course for some. The Huey is no longer in the active inventory, that's sad it's a great aircraft.

Boot Camp 2nd Louey's at that.
I agree about the Huey (sorry for the misspelling earlier).
Every Veteran of the Nam era knows the distinct sound of a Huey. In fact. The sound never seems to go away. Reminds me of Robin Williams in GOOD MORNING VIETNAM...pounding his chest.
I have to say. I envy, and admire you for being a Flyer...of anything.
Good luck with the 'Kiddies".

Mr. P
08-02-2012, 09:00 PM
My Daughter is safely back in the USA after being in Peru for one month, ALONE!

I am relieved.

MtnBiker
11-02-2012, 03:42 PM
Is it just me or does Secretary Napalitano look like she should be a lunch lady?

Robert A Whit
11-02-2012, 03:52 PM
If you happen to drop your keys in a river of molten lava, let'm go. Because, man they're gone!

If you can stand next to a river of molten lava, and I have tried, you can sure stand a lot more heat than I can. Last thing I would think to do is dangle my keys over said lava.

I was amazed at how hot it is. :cheers2:

Robert A Whit
11-02-2012, 04:00 PM

I fly several versions of Pipers as well as the Mooney 201, my favorite.

aboutime
11-02-2012, 05:28 PM
Is it just me or does Secretary Napalitano look like she should be a lunch lady?

LUNCH LADY? That's being too nice. Whenever I see that face. I am reminded of my old gym teacher in Junior High School, back in the late50's. HIS name was Mr. Anselm.

Otherwise. Napalitano is just another BODY-GUARD for Rosy O'Donnell.