PDA

View Full Version : The Three Stooges movie

Abbey Marie
04-19-2012, 10:05 AM
Saw this last weekend as a kindness to my husband.
Since he is the fan, and the Stooges' connoisseur, I will report that he liked it.
Liked it enough to be glad we went to see it. The scenes with the Jersey Shore cast were pretty funny.

tailfins
04-23-2012, 12:44 PM
Saw this last weekend as a kindness to my husband.
Since he is the fan, and the Stooges' connoisseur, I will report that he liked it.
Liked it enough to be glad we went to see it. The scenes with the Jersey Shore cast were pretty funny.

How could any self-respecting Stooges fan like such a cheap knockoff? Moe Howard must be rolling in his grave!

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-MmAgq22mqEc/TjLTp64twEI/AAAAAAAAB-A/gJrzuAjdJ9c/s1600/Moe_Howard_2.jpg

Little-Acorn
04-23-2012, 12:56 PM
Then either:
1.) He is NOT a Stooges connoisseur, or
2.) They did an unbelievable FANTASTIC job with this movie.

In one of the trailers I've seen, they did a fart joke in a pool.

That was something the real Stooges NEVER had to resort to.

Doing a good job on Stooges, takes a lot more than funny haircuts and repeated "woob, woob, woob". I'm not sure it is possible in ANY way. Lots of people can get close, but I doubt anyone can really "do it".

Abbey Marie
04-23-2012, 02:41 PM
Then either:
1.) He is NOT a Stooges connoisseur, or
2.) They did an unbelievable FANTASTIC job with this movie.

In one of the trailers I've seen, they did a fart joke in a pool.

That was something the real Stooges NEVER had to resort to.

Doing a good job on Stooges, takes a lot more than funny haircuts and repeated "woob, woob, woob". I'm not sure it is possible in ANY way. Lots of people can get close, but I doubt anyone can really "do it".

1. I assure you he is a connoisseur.
2. If you are determined to dislike something, you surely will. My husband is a positive guy, and allowed himself to enjoy the movie. Demanding perfection is pointless.

Wind Song
04-23-2012, 07:14 PM
How could any self-respecting Stooges fan like such a cheap knockoff? Moe Howard must be rolling in his grave!

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-MmAgq22mqEc/TjLTp64twEI/AAAAAAAAB-A/gJrzuAjdJ9c/s1600/Moe_Howard_2.jpg

I was surprised at how well these guys and this movie did with recreating what was hilarious about the 3 Stooges.