PDA

View Full Version : North Korea Vows 'Special Actions' to Turn Seoul to 'Ashes'

jimnyc
04-23-2012, 01:38 PM
The leaders in NK are freaking nuts! I rarely ever believe anything they say, but one of these days they may follow through when everyone least expects it!

SEOUL, South Korea - North Korea vowed today in an alarming announcement to"soon" reduce parts of South Korea's capital to "ashes" for insulting North Korea's leadership.

Regular programming was interrupted on North Korea's state TV today by a special report declaring that "special actions" will be carried out "soon" and aimed at parts of the South Korean capital Seoul.

It said the military attack will use "unprecedented peculiar means and methods of our own style."

"All will be reduced to ashes in three to four minutes," and will involve "form of fire."

"The special actions of our revolutionary armed forces will start soon to meet the reckless challenge of the group of traitors," read the statement.

http://news.yahoo.com/north-korea-vows-special-actions-turn-seoul-ashes-142914265--abc-news-topstories.html

Thunderknuckles
04-23-2012, 04:29 PM
Something is different about Kim Jong Un. Take the last missile test as an example. Kim Jong Il would usually wait until AFTER we've given them "hush aid" to do something stupid. His son's first diplomatic test was to do something stupid in the midst of negotiations and will get nothing because of it.
He definitely has world leaders guessing at the moment. Who knows what this latest threat means. Are they gonna burn whole sections of Seoul or just set fire to a dumpster behind a McDonalds?

gabosaurus
04-23-2012, 05:58 PM
North Korea has been spouting off like this for several decades. I doubt anyone will worry. It's not like they are Muslims or anything.

Now, if the new leader of North Korea threatens someone in Obama's family, he would have cause for an invasion. There is already a precedent for that. :cool:

x0Maximilian0x
04-24-2012, 12:25 AM
If there ever was a real legitimate reason for a pre-emptive strike this would be it...

Yes N. Korea constantly threatens but the threats show a pattern of getting bigger and attempting more shock appeal.

When the threats from N. Korea reaches the peak of shock appeal they will run out of threat options for attention and then have to take the next step for attention and actually carry out the threats.

I say a pre-emptive strike is fully warranted...especially at a time like now when the U.S. still has a chance with China in a conflict.

The longer the U.S. waits to nip this in the *** the more likely China will be too much for the U.S. to handle.

Oh...I brought China into this because it is basically a given that China will get involved...and if China gets involved it is basically a given Russia will join too due to their geo-strategic pact

fj1200
04-24-2012, 07:33 AM
Nice non-9/11 post.

I say a pre-emptive strike is fully warranted...especially at a time like now when the U.S. still has a chance with China in a conflict.

The longer the U.S. waits to nip this in the *** the more likely China will be too much for the U.S. to handle.

Militarily or diplomatically? I'm sure the American people don't want to fight with China over a perceived threat in Korea.

x0Maximilian0x
04-24-2012, 10:23 AM
Nice non-9/11 post. Thanks.

Militarily or diplomatically? Basic math shows it is inevitable for China to eventually become the most powerful country on the planet economically and in turn militarily...they are far more powerful right now than most Americans realize.

Diplomatically they will only have great influence in non-democratic countries like they do now. If China ever happened to become a Democracy aligned with western interests then they would be the most powerful diplomatic influence on the planet too. Unfortunately this is highly unlikely and conflict of interests between China/Russia allies and their geo-strategic aliances will eventually come to a tipping point with the U.S./Allies and newly gained allies in geo-strategic positions in the middle east.

I'm sure the American people don't want to fight with China over a perceived threat in Korea. I'm sure the American people don't either...but it is in the best interest of the U.S. to protect South Korea which was created from the help of America...at any and all costs. So what is the best way to get the American people's, and world's support to want to fight for this?...

The longer the U.S. waits to fully deal with this issue which will eventually come to a tipping point anyways the more of a chance it will lose its military edge....and likely lose period.

fj1200
04-24-2012, 12:32 PM
Basic math shows it is inevitable for China to eventually become the most powerful country on the planet economically and in turn militarily...they are far more powerful right now than most Americans realize.

Diplomatically they will only have great influence in non-democratic countries like they do now. If China ever happened to become a Democracy aligned with western interests then they would be the most powerful diplomatic influence on the planet too. Unfortunately this is highly unlikely and conflict of interests between China/Russia allies and their geo-strategic aliances will eventually come to a tipping point with the U.S./Allies and newly gained allies in geo-strategic positions in the middle east.

Most powerful economically is questionable when looked at at the citizen level; Their overall per capita GDP is 10%? that of the US. Not that they can't exert military power with those kinds of statistics but ultimate Chinese power is based on US policies. If we continually enact policies that are ultimately detrimental then their relative power will rise.

I'm sure the American people don't either...but it is in the best interest of the U.S. to protect South Korea which was created from the help of America...at any and all costs. So what is the best way to get the American people's, and world's support to want to fight for this?...

The longer the U.S. waits to fully deal with this issue which will eventually come to a tipping point anyways the more of a chance it will lose its military edge....and likely lose period.

You need to prove that premise to get the support and even then that support will be fleeting once the cameras start rolling.