PDA

View Full Version : Starbucks and Guns

Pages : 1 [2] 3

Wind Song
04-25-2012, 10:39 AM
That you do. but they probably won't listen. good luck.

Thank you. I walk my talk.

ConHog
04-25-2012, 10:39 AM
That you do. but they probably won't listen. good luck.

Actually she is wrong. There is no RIGHT to Starbucks. THey can refuse service to anyone.

Wind Song
04-25-2012, 10:42 AM
Actually she is wrong. There is no RIGHT to Starbucks. THey can refuse service to anyone.
Edited. I mistakenly posted an answer to this.

ConHog
04-25-2012, 10:46 AM

WRONG. You are screaming that they shouldn't be able to go into Starbucks with their guns. You aren't saying anything about what Starbucks could or should do, well until someone pointed it out to you.

FACT if Starbucks wants to allow gun owners to have their guns in their stores, you have two options. 1 shut up and deal with it 2. go elsewhere. None of your whining is going to change anything. However if enough people stop doing business with Starbucks over it, you can bet they will change their policy voluntarily.

jimnyc
04-25-2012, 10:48 AM

I read it when you posted it. You stated that those who wanted to protest at Starbucks, wanted to try and change their policy of allowing guns on their premises. Demand rights while trying to take away from others! :laugh2:

Dilloduck
04-25-2012, 10:52 AM
Poor Starbucks---can you imagine if you were held responsible for making WS safe and secure ?

ConHog
04-25-2012, 10:54 AM
Poor Starbucks---can you imagine if you were held responsible for making WS safe and secure ?

No doubt. I have never met anyone so fragile and neurotic. I simply am amazed that she can function at all.

Wind Song
04-25-2012, 10:56 AM

You have a point. I'm the one who is responsible for making myself feel safe and secure. I do that, by avoiding violence.

Dilloduck
04-25-2012, 10:58 AM
You have a point. I'm the one who is responsible for making myself feel safe and secure. I do that, by avoiding violence.

No--you avoid anything that appears violent to YOU.

Wind Song
04-25-2012, 10:58 AM
I read it when you posted it. You stated that those who wanted to protest at Starbucks, wanted to try and change their policy of allowing guns on their premises. Demand rights while trying to take away from others! :laugh2:

No, the boycott and the buycott are equally politically active protest and legal in our country. What you propose is that the gun folks have MORE of a right to meet in Starbucks than the anti-gun violence activists.

Wind Song
04-25-2012, 10:59 AM
No--you avoid anything that appears violent to YOU.

So what? It's my perogative.

Dilloduck
04-25-2012, 11:01 AM
So what? It's my perogative.

However is doesn't make you an expert on what violence is. Look how badly you blew it when you claimed Martin was shot because he was black.

ConHog
04-25-2012, 11:01 AM

owning/carrying a gun =/= violence you nitwit. Well I do beat the shit out of some soda bottles on a regular basis.

Wind Song
04-25-2012, 11:04 AM
However is doesn't make you an expert on what violence is. Look how badly you blew it when you claimed Martin was shot because he was black.

I do not claim to be an "expert" on violence. I work with victims of domestic violence and sexual assault. I have professional training and experience in that field. I am a social worker and counselor.

My first thought, when I heard about Zimmerman killing Martin was that he was doing so because he had racially profiled Martin. Zimmerman did, in fact, profile Martin as "suspicious" and one of those "assholes" who "get away with everything".

I have no problem making a call and admitting it was premature of me to say this was racist. We'll see what comes out at trial.

jimnyc
04-25-2012, 11:04 AM
No, the boycott and the buycott are equally politically active protest and legal in our country. What you propose is that the gun folks have MORE of a right to meet in Starbucks than the anti-gun violence activists.

Again, the $500 is still on the table - WHERE did ANYONE state that the gun owners had MORE rights?

Wind Song
04-25-2012, 11:06 AM
owning/carrying a gun =/= violence you nitwit. Well I do beat the shit out of some soda bottles on a regular basis.

Your speech is violent. You continually name call. You often display anger. I'm glad you don't shoot your gun when you're angry. That would be very dangerous.

I hope you don't put my photo up for target practice.

Dilloduck
I do not claim to be an "expert" on violence. I work with victims of domestic violence and sexual assault. I have professional training and experience in that field. I am a social worker and counselor.

My first thought, when I heard about Zimmerman killing Martin was that he was doing so because he had racially profiled Martin. Zimmerman did, in fact, profile Martin as "suspicious" and one of those "assholes" who "get away with everything".

I have no problem making a call and admitting it was premature of me to say this was racist. We'll see what comes out at trial.

And plumbers always have leaky pipes.

gabosaurus
How would you feel going in for your latte and finding all the other patrons armed to the teeth?

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/2012/0216/How-Starbucks-became-the-darling-of-American-gun-owners

My question is, why go to Starbucks at all? If you can afford to pay $5 for a latte, you can afford to deal with armed people.
I doubt that the folks at Dunkin Donuts are armed. :rolleyes:

Wind Song
04-25-2012, 11:10 AM
And plumbers always have leaky pipes.

I don't get your reference.

Wind Song
04-25-2012, 11:11 AM
My question is, why go to Starbucks at all? If you can afford to pay $5 for a latte, you can afford to deal with armed people.
I doubt that the folks at Dunkin Donuts are armed. :rolleyes:

Going or not going to Starbucks isn't the issue. The issue is Starbuck policy of making their stores havens for the open carry movement meetings.

ConHog
04-25-2012, 11:19 AM
Your speech is violent. You continually name call. You often display anger. I'm glad you don't shoot your gun when you're angry. That would be very dangerous.

I hope you don't put my photo up for target practice.

I name call and I cuss, but its not out of anger Wind Ding. And even if it were, there is a vast chasm to cross to get from name calling to shooting someone.

Wind Song
04-25-2012, 11:22 AM
I name call and I cuss, but its not out of anger Wind Ding. And even if it were, there is a vast chasm to cross to get from name calling to shooting someone.

You name call out of habit, I guess. It's unattractive. You lash out when you're angry. I don't like it.

ConHog
04-25-2012, 11:26 AM
You name call out of habit, I guess. It's unattractive. You lash out when you're angry. I don't like it.

I name call cuz it's funny. I'm not here to be attractive to you. Never mind the fact that I actually asked Jim to stop calling gays queers and you couldn't even be bothered to say hey thanks for that. Just pretend that I'm the evil ConHog out to get you eh?

Get over yourself Sky.

Wind Song
04-25-2012, 11:28 AM
Let me see if I get this right. You want me to praise you for asking Jim to not use the term "queer"?

tailfins
04-25-2012, 11:29 AM

There's one in every crowd. If you let things like this get on your nerves, you will always be upset. The world is full of name callers, gossips, backstabbers, thieves, etc., etc., etc. Just take necessary precautions and move on. Energy spent on these things is wasted energy.

jimnyc
04-25-2012, 11:30 AM
Let me see if I get this right. You want me to praise you for asking Jim to not use the term "queer"?

Praise or not, if queers refer to themselves as such, then they shouldn't care if I do. It's a term they have called themselves for AT LEAST 40 years.

ConHog
04-25-2012, 11:30 AM

No, I want you to acknowledge that no one on this board is out to get you, and in fact several have tried to defend you, but your actions make that unlikely to happen from this point forward.

Wind Song
04-25-2012, 11:31 AM
There's one in every crowd. If you let things like this get on your nerves, you will always be upset.

No one talks to me rudely in my real life. I won't put up with it here.

ConHog
04-25-2012, 11:32 AM
Praise or not, if queers refer to themselves as such, then they shouldn't care if I do. It's a term they have called themselves for AT LEAST 40 years.

But the only gay on this board is Sky (well since OCA has went on vacation anyway, and she doesn't use the term.

Wind Song
04-25-2012, 11:32 AM

I don't object to the term "queer". There are other slurs that people use that I object to.

Wind Song
04-25-2012, 11:34 AM
No, I want you to acknowledge that no one on this board is out to get you, and in fact several have tried to defend you, but your actions make that unlikely to happen from this point forward.

I enjoy this forum alot. I don't feel anyone is "out to get me".

You probably don't realize this, but praise and blame are equally violent forms of communication. I'm just learning this myself. They are manipulative.

Wind Song
04-25-2012, 11:35 AM
There's one in every crowd. If you let things like this get on your nerves, you will always be upset. The world is full of name callers, gossips, backstabbers, thieves, etc., etc., etc. Just take necessary precautions and move on. Energy spent on these things is wasted energy.

That's what I'm doing. When someone calls me a name, I am disengaging.

jimnyc
04-25-2012, 11:38 AM
But the only gay on this board is Sky (well since OCA has went on vacation anyway, and she doesn't use the term.

So I should refrain from using a term queers call themselves because ONE person is taken back by it? Sorry, doesn't work that way with me. I speak my beliefs, just like others should. I don't like people picking on tattoo's and making references to "prison" or "convicts" based on them, so should I forbid others from making statements that "I" may find offensive?

jimnyc
04-25-2012, 11:40 AM
I don't object to the term "queer". There are other slurs that people use that I object to.

I refer to homosexuals as "gays" or "queers", depending on which way my keyboard takes me. I'm not going out of my way to type any word in an offensive manner, I just type the way I have spoken my whole life. My apologies if anyone sees the term "queer" as an insult. Same as "dyke" - which many in the queer community refer to themselves as, and then many get scolded when they use the term. It's dumb.

Wind Song
04-25-2012, 11:43 AM
I refer to homosexuals as "gays" or "queers", depending on which way my keyboard takes me. I'm not going out of my way to type any word in an offensive manner, I just type the way I have spoken my whole life. My apologies if anyone sees the term "queer" as an insult. Same as "dyke" - which many in the queer community refer to themselves as, and then many get scolded when they use the term. It's dumb.

Refer to me as a "dyke" and I stop talking to you. Period. If I was black and you called me a "nigger" I'd feel the same way.

ConHog
04-25-2012, 11:46 AM
So I should refrain from using a term queers call themselves because ONE person is taken back by it? Sorry, doesn't work that way with me. I speak my beliefs, just like others should. I don't like people picking on tattoo's and making references to "prison" or "convicts" based on them, so should I forbid others from making statements that "I" may find offensive?

No, I've given up trying to make nice with her. She doesn't WANT to get along with anyone else. So screw her.

Wind Song
04-25-2012, 11:48 AM
When you don't get what you want by being manipulative, Conhog, you revert back to your true obnoxious behavior, which tells me how phony your "friendliness" actually was.

ConHog
04-25-2012, 12:00 PM
When you don't get what you want by being manipulative, Conhog, you revert back to your true obnoxious behavior, which tells me how phony your "friendliness" actually was.

You know what? Fuck you.

I'm going to reveal some PMs here by telling this, but ohwell. When I invited you to come here to get away from the idiots at USMB i told Jim via PM that I did so, and that I thought you could be a pretty good liberal poster if you got away from the "mean girls" over there. You proved me wrong, but comeing right over here and behaving exactly as you did on the scow , thus creating the treatment that you get.

Fuck off with your whiny little cries of "violence" and "he wants to beat me." I've defended you on this board, hell I invited you here because I genuinely though you needed a place to post where you felt comfortable and this board is a good board, and would have given you that had you let it. But you have something wrong with you. Something that makes you HAVE to create drama and see enemies at every turn.

WE'RE NOT USMB sky. OOOOH we call you names, big deal look at the board, at one point or another everyone on here has called everyone else a name. It's the nature of debating. Just as an example I've called Jim an asshole more times than I can count, and he's literally told me to fuck off on more than one occasion; but at the end of the day we're both posting and thanking each other when good points are made. Same with FJ, Cadet, blah blah blah, right down the line. Sure we don't all get along; but you get along with NO ONE. At some point Sky you have to look around and say "hey self, what do all these problems have in common...........oh shit, it's me."

Bringing gay up in a thread is NOT bashing you for being gay. It's merely trying to relate a topic to YOU. The same as if someone were talking to Jim and said something along the lines of "imagine if someone outlawed tattoos" that's not bashing Jim for having tattoos and we all know it. Jim included.

In summary, either start making more of an effort to fit in or piss off. I'm tired of your fucking whining.

Sorry guys and gals.......

Wind Song
04-25-2012, 12:22 PM
Whatever the scope of the Second Amendment (http://thinkprogress.org/justice/2012/02/05/419083/mayor-bloomberg-youd-think-that-if-a-congresswoman-got-shot-in-the-head-that-would-change-congress-views-on-guns/) may be after the Supreme Court’s decision in DC v. Heller, it unambiguously does not apply to private businesses (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/State_actor).

In California, the San Mateo County Sheriff’s Office warned that it is not recommended (http://www.scribd.com/doc/25277908/San-Mateo-County-Warns-Against-Open-Carry) to openly carry a gun because police officers cannot quickly distinguish between an armed person who is a danger to others and “people are simply ‘exercising their rights.’”

http://thinkprogress.org/justice/2012/02/14/424574/starbucks-gun-boycott/

tailfins
04-25-2012, 12:43 PM
Refer to me as a "dyke" and I stop talking to you. Period. If I was black and you called me a "n****r" I'd feel the same way.

Grrr, one can't keep up with this play without a program. Why is that a slur? The racial slur you speak of is because it refers to someone as a slave.

ConHog
04-25-2012, 12:46 PM
Grrr, one can't keep up with this play without a program. Why is that a slur? The racial slur you speak of is because it refers to someone as a slave.

Unless you yourself are black, in which case the word nigger is a term of endearment. "my nigger............" Isn't it odd that no other minority has embraced such a term as one of their own? I've never head anyone in my wife's family call out to another Hispanic "My beaner............" as an example.

Wind Song
04-25-2012, 12:51 PM

Why is the term "dyke" a slur? The term, "dyke" has been a perjorative term for a long time.

"Dyke" is a slang term for a lesbian, originally it was a derogatory label for a masculine or butch woman. "Lesbian" is a gender normative term. "Dyke" is a stereotypical term.

Neither my wife nor I are masculine or butch women.

The term, "dyke" has been used in a punishing way for any woman who refuses the sexual advances of a man. Calling someone a dyke, regardless of your reasoning, is anti-lesbian hate speech.

Gay people were once burned at the stake. Often they were made to collect their own firewood before being tied up and burned alive. And this wasn't a rare occurrence at all. If you look up "faggot" in the dictionary, you'll see something similar to this: "a bundle of sticks or twigs esp. as used for fuel". A faggot is something to be burned, that's its entire purpose. Calling someone a faggot is the equivalent of saying "All this person is good for in the world is to be burned alive, which is one of the most horrible and torturous possible ways to die".
http://ftmichael.transboys.info/offensive.html

Wind Song
04-25-2012, 12:56 PM
“In the late ’50s, when I was first exploring a public lesbian identity, the most dehumanizing taunt suspicious heterosexuals hurled at me was ‘bull dyke.’ It was filled with their conception of what a lesbian was like–an ugly, aggressive animal.” In those days, says Nestle, the New York City police had a special holding cell for women picked up in their raids on lesbian bars: the bull dyke pen.
http://www.inthesetimes.com/article/2703/sticks_stones_and_dykes/

Wind Song
04-25-2012, 01:01 PM
This is an article that supposedly explains why some blacks call themselves "nigga" and some gays call themselves "fags" or "queers".
http://www.colorado.edu/ling/CRIL/Volume17_Issue1/paper_BRONTSEMA.pdf

jimnyc
04-25-2012, 01:12 PM
Refer to me as a "dyke" and I stop talking to you. Period. If I was black and you called me a "nigger" I'd feel the same way.

I couldn't care less. It's used ALL OVER the homosexual community. I may not go out of my way to call you one, but maybe you should be a bit more proactive in going after those who propagate the term, not those of us who simply repeat a word that queers have used forever. And the same for blacks. They use it like the word "the", and then want to get into a tizzy when someone else uses it. Tough shit.

jimnyc
04-25-2012, 01:13 PM
Unless you yourself are black, in which case the word nigger is a term of endearment. "my nigger............" Isn't it odd that no other minority has embraced such a term as one of their own? I've never head anyone in my wife's family call out to another Hispanic "My beaner............" as an example.

Not you, but if your wife went around as part of a community referring to herself as a beaner, then I would freely use it in front of her/them as well.

Wind Song
04-25-2012, 01:14 PM
I couldn't care less. It's used ALL OVER the homosexual community. I may not go out of my way to call you one, but maybe you should be a bit more proactive in going after those who propagate the term, not those of us who simply repeat a word that queers have used forever. And the same for blacks. They use it like the word "the", and then want to get into a tizzy when someone else uses it. Tough shit.

You refer to me by that term and we're done. My observation is that some straight people use the term, "dyke" as a weapon against lesbians, and some men use the term "****" as a weapon of hate against women.

jimnyc
04-25-2012, 01:15 PM
Why is the term "dyke" a slur? The term, "dyke" has been a perjorative term for a long time.

"Dyke" is a slang term for a lesbian, originally it was a derogatory label for a masculine or butch woman. "Lesbian" is a gender normative term. "Dyke" is a stereotypical term.

Neither my wife nor I are masculine or butch women.

The term, "dyke" has been used in a punishing way for any woman who refuses the sexual advances of a man. Calling someone a dyke, regardless of your reasoning, is anti-lesbian hate speech.

Gay people were once burned at the stake. Often they were made to collect their own firewood before being tied up and burned alive. And this wasn't a rare occurrence at all. If you look up "faggot" in the dictionary, you'll see something similar to this: "a bundle of sticks or twigs esp. as used for fuel". A faggot is something to be burned, that's its entire purpose. Calling someone a faggot is the equivalent of saying "All this person is good for in the world is to be burned alive, which is one of the most horrible and torturous possible ways to die".
http://ftmichael.transboys.info/offensive.html

And MANY, MANY in the homosexual community still refer to themselves as dykes, baby dykes, dykes on bikes, queer eye for the straight guy... Sorry, but don't shove the shit in peoples faces for years on end and then get pissy when we use the terms too.

jimnyc
04-25-2012, 01:15 PM
You refer to me by that term and we're done.

I already stated, I WILL use the term referring to those in the homosexual community, but I'll abide by your singular desire not to be called that. But I still will use the term in the scope of my posts.

ConHog
04-25-2012, 01:18 PM
Not you, but if your wife went around as part of a community referring to herself as a beaner, then I would freely use it in front of her/them as well.

I call my wife wetback all the time. But no one else better dare :D.

Wind Song
04-25-2012, 01:20 PM
And MANY, MANY in the homosexual community still refer to themselves as dykes, baby dykes, dykes on bikes, queer eye for the straight guy... Sorry, but don't shove the shit in peoples faces for years on end and then get pissy when we use the terms too.

Excuse me but only one shoving that term, "dyke" in anyones face is you shoving it in mine. Don't refer to me by that term, please.

It's used in anger by straight men toward lesbians. It's dehumanizing. It's a term for the enemy.

Wind Song
04-25-2012, 01:22 PM
I already stated, I WILL use the term referring to those in the homosexual community, but I'll abide by your singular desire not to be called that. But I still will use the term in the scope of my posts.

Thank you. If you continue to use that derogatory term, "dyke" knowing it's offensive, then it seems an act of violence to me. Do you call blacks "niggers"?

jimnyc
04-25-2012, 01:22 PM
I call my wife wetback all the time. But no one else better dare :D.

I'm solely speaking about what people call themselves, and then whine about what others call them.

Wind Song
04-25-2012, 01:25 PM
I'm solely speaking about what people call themselves, and then whine about what others call them.

I provided an article that explains why some activists want to take back those derogatory terms. If you want to understand, read it.

I'm not one of those folks.

If you dehumanize the enemy by using derogatory slurs, it's a way to make easier to kill them.

jimnyc
04-25-2012, 01:26 PM
Excuse me but only one shoving that term, "dyke" in anyones face is you shoving it in mine. Don't refer to me by that term, please.

It's used in anger by straight men toward lesbians. It's dehumanizing. It's a term for the enemy.

Also a term that many lesbians refer to one another as. Deny it all you like, but it's the truth. So are you saying those that DO use the term in the gay community are trying to insult one another?

jimnyc
04-25-2012, 01:27 PM
Thank you. If you continue to use that derogatory term, "dyke" knowing it's offensive, then it seems an act of violence to me. Do you call blacks "niggers"?

I don't run around doing it as a hobby, but it's not stricken from my vocabulary either. I'm not afraid to use the term, and especially so to those who use the term themselves. People can't "own" words.

ConHog
04-25-2012, 01:29 PM

The enemy? Will you grow up....... No one here considers you an enemy Sky. Nor is anyone dehumanizing you. For God's sakes what has happened to make you so neurotic? By the way I notice you completely ignored my earlier post.

Wind Song
04-25-2012, 01:30 PM
Also a term that many lesbians refer to one another as. Deny it all you like, but it's the truth. So are you saying those that DO use the term in the gay community are trying to insult one another?

You know damn well you are using that term in a desparaging way. You aren't a friend of gays and lesbians. You're not entitled to use that term the way some activists do. You use it as a weapon.

ConHog
04-25-2012, 01:32 PM
You know damn well you are using that term in a desparaging way. You aren't a friend of gays and lesbians. You're not entitled to use that term the way some activists do. You use it as a weapon.

woah woah, so you're confirming that the word is acceptable depending on who uses it and why?

Wind Song
04-25-2012, 01:35 PM
woah woah, so you're confirming that the word is acceptable depending on who uses it and why?

Yes, I am saying that. It's not true for me personally, however. If you want to understand that better, I provided an article for you to read. My experience is you won't read it, neither will Jim. Why?

Because you both want to use the slur in a derogatory way toward lesbians out of your own rage.

When you get mad at a black person, the word, "nigger" comes to mind, and when you're mad at a lesbian, she becomes a "fucking dyke". Both terms are dehumanizing.

jimnyc
04-25-2012, 01:36 PM

Sorry, not true. We even have a member here that I respect VERY much who refers to herself as "baby dyke". There is a yearly parade here in NY which is represented as "Dykes with bikes".

Furthermore, look back in ALL of these threads and show me where "I" started with the term. It wasn't me, I usually go by "queers". But I refuse to NOT use a word that others use.

fj1200
04-25-2012, 01:37 PM
You crack me up. A "correct" post is one that agrees with yours. People who have been traumatized by gun violence have likely been harmed by Starbucks policy. They are the ones protesting Starbuck's policy.

I stand in solidarity with them, because I work with domestic violence and sexual assault victims.

Yes, because I am right and because you based it not on your feelings. You could have a correct post that doesn't agree with me but contains information backing your position.

And no, they haven't been harmed by Starbucks policy. They do not have the right to not be "traumatized" by the lawful actions of another.

jimnyc
04-25-2012, 01:37 PM
Yes, I am saying that. It's not true for me personally, however. If you want to understand that better, I provided an article for you to read. My experience is you won't read it, neither will Jim. Why?

Because you both want to use the slur in a derogatory way toward lesbians out of your own rage.

Rage? LOL

You are an emotional wreck! :lol:

DragonStryk72
04-25-2012, 01:38 PM
If you continue to use that derogatory term, "dyke" knowing it's offensive, then it seems an act of violence to me.

Then you have no actual concept of what violence is.

Wind Song
04-25-2012, 01:39 PM
Sorry, not true. We even have a member here that I respect VERY much who refers to herself as "baby dyke". There is a yearly parade here in NY which is represented as "Dykes with bikes".

Furthermore, look back in ALL of these threads and show me where "I" started with the term. It wasn't me, I usually go by "queers". But I refuse to NOT use a word that others use.

So you intend to use nigger, c unt, dyke, and faggot anytime you choose?

Wind Song
04-25-2012, 01:40 PM

I have a more refined concept of violence than you do which comes from new study I'm engaged in.

jimnyc
04-25-2012, 01:41 PM

Please don't bypass filters with the C word, it's in place for a reason. Last warning.

People don't call one another the "C" word in groups or communities, but they DO call one another nigger, dyke & faggot. So yes, I will at times use those 3 terms.

DragonStryk72
04-25-2012, 01:42 PM

Funny thing about that space you used on the word in red. You had to use that space because the word was banned by the man you're yelling at.

Wind Song
04-25-2012, 01:44 PM

I seriously doubt that. I work with victims of sexual assault and domestic violence. I have worked in the past, with families who are neglecting or abusing their children.

I damn sure know what violence is.

Wind Song
04-25-2012, 01:45 PM
Funny thing about that space you used on the word in red. You had to use that space because the word was banned by the man you're yelling at.

That's right. I did that purposely.

DragonStryk72
04-25-2012, 01:45 PM
I have a more refined concept of violence than you do which comes from new study I'm engaged in.

It's nice to know that study you're engaged in completely makes my personal experience with having actual violence used against me for seven years completely irrelevant. Thank you for invalidating my life experience because you read something in a paper.

DragonStryk72
04-25-2012, 01:46 PM

So you've decided to be violent, per your definition, to Jim? Way to embrace that buddhism.

jimnyc
04-25-2012, 01:46 PM

Please don't do it again. You don't have to respect me, but we ALL must respect the boards rules.

Wind Song
04-25-2012, 01:47 PM
It's nice to know that study you're engaged in completely makes my personal experience with having actual violence used against me for seven years completely irrelevant. Thank you for invalidating my life experience because you read something in a paper.

Hardly. You don't understand what I'm saying. You're getting offended where none was intended.

Wind Song
04-25-2012, 01:48 PM
Please don't do it again. You don't have to respect me, but we ALL must respect the boards rules.

c unt

Dilloduck
ok--so everything offends you,makes you angry or scares you and people need to change. Is that the gist of it?

gabosaurus
People don't call one another the "C" word in groups or communities, but they DO call one another nigger, dyke & faggot. So yes, I will at times use those 3 terms.

You are totally wrong on this. I find the "c" word no more offensive than the other epithets you have mentioned. In fact, I find the word "panties" as offensive as the "c" word.
I hear men use the "c" word quite often. Because it has none of the repercussions that the other words do, since many men devalue women on a regular basis.
If you have a special prejudice against the "c" word, fine, it's your board. But don't try to say it is more heinous than the others.

Trigg

It's nice to find out that your experience with violence comes from people you talk to and a "study" you're involved in.

I know this will mean less than nothing to you, but your posting style greatly resembles truthmatters. In that your inane posting is annoying to most everyone.

Wind Song
ok--so everything offends you,makes you angry or scares you and people need to change. Is that the gist of it?

Nope. Not even close.

Dilloduck
04-25-2012, 01:50 PM
c unt

ie: Please ban me Jim. I'm out of control yet I need to prove you to be a persecutor.

jimnyc
04-25-2012, 01:51 PM
c unt

Simply quoting for reference for others.

Please stop purposely breaking the rules. I'm generally VERY strict about this, but am trying to be patient with you regarding this.

Wind Song
04-25-2012, 01:51 PM
Nope. Not even close.

dillo--

When I'm in the middle of learning something new that I'm excited by I talk about it alot. Non-violent communication is not about judging others or coercing them into some behavior.

It's primarily a self-management tool. It's a way to take criticism and shift it into needs and then meet those needs. NVC is a way for everyone to get their needs met. It's win-win.

Wind Song
04-25-2012, 01:52 PM
Simply quoting for reference for others.

Please stop purposely breaking the rules. I'm generally VERY strict about this, but am trying to be patient with you regarding this.

You know I don't care if you ban me.

jimnyc
You are totally wrong on this. I find the "c" word no more offensive than the other epithets you have mentioned. In fact, I find the word "panties" as offensive as the "c" word.
I hear men use the "c" word quite often. Because it has none of the repercussions that the other words do, since many men devalue women on a regular basis.
If you have a special prejudice against the "c" word, fine, it's your board. But don't try to say it is more heinous than the others.

Do groups of people call each other the C word?

Do groups of people call one another nigger, or dyke, or faggot?

The C word is not part of ANY self respecting persons vocabulary, while the others are used daily by the very groups of people who complain the most about them.

Trigg

Jim has repeated stated that blacks use "N" to each other and gays use faggot or queer, in everyday speach and as a form of friendship.

Women don't use "C" as a form of joking or familiarity.

It's used by men yes, but always as a derogatory word.

Wind Song
04-25-2012, 01:53 PM
ie: Please ban me Jim. I'm out of control yet I need to prove you to be a persecutor.

No honey. I just don't care one way or another. If I'm banned here, I'll find another place to post.

ConHog
04-25-2012, 01:54 PM

When you get mad at a black person, the word, "nigger" comes to mind, and when you're mad at a lesbian, she becomes a "fucking dyke". Both terms are dehumanizing.

What the fuck is wrong with you? When have I EVER called you a dyke Dorothy? When? IN FACT in this VERY fucking thread I asked Jim not to do so.

Wind Song
04-25-2012, 01:54 PM
Jim has repeated stated that blacks use "N" to each other and gays use faggot or queer, in everyday speach and as a form of friendship.

Women don't use "C" as a form of joking or familiarity.

It's used by men yes, but always as a derogatory word.

Jim does not want to use these terms, nigger, dyke, faggot affectionately. He wants to use them for shock effect, which is why I spelled out the **** word. They are completely equivalent in offensiveness.

jimnyc
04-25-2012, 01:55 PM
You know I don't care if you ban me.

I'm starting to think that's true. You cry foul and play the victim all the time. I'm just making it abundantly clear to everyone reading, that I am doing my best to remain polite about this with you, trying to work with you instead of immediately going to the ban button - and you are continually going out of your way to break the rules, and stating you don't care if you get banned. That's hardly a victim, and I'm just clarifying at this point.

Wind Song
04-25-2012, 01:55 PM
What the fuck is wrong with you? When have I EVER called you a dyke Dorothy? When? IN FACT in this VERY fucking thread I asked Jim not to do so.

Let's take this sentence and analyze it for it's effectiveness. What is it you are trying to accomplish by this kind of post?

jimnyc
04-25-2012, 01:56 PM
Jim does not want to use these terms, nigger, dyke, faggot affectionately. He wants to use them for shock effect, which is why I spelled out the **** word. They are completely equivalent in offensiveness.

The COMMUNITY decided to vote against that word being allowed. Get the COMMUNITY to want to ban the other 3 and I promise I'll do the same, even though I disagree. Until such time, we need to respect the COMMUNITY as a whole and who posts here.

Wind Song
04-25-2012, 01:57 PM
I'm starting to think that's true. You cry foul and play the victim all the time. I'm just making it abundantly clear to everyone reading, that I am doing my best to remain polite about this with you, trying to work with you instead of immediately going to the ban button - and you are continually going out of your way to break the rules, and stating you don't care if you get banned. That's hardly a victim, and I'm just clarifying at this point.

I broke the rules to make a point. The point is that each of the terms, "nigger", "dyke", "faggot", and ****, are equally offensive.
They are all used as weapons of hate by people who are intolerant of the groups so labelled.

If you want to ban me, it's your forum. Go ahead. I can't stop you.

Wind Song
04-25-2012, 01:58 PM
The COMMUNITY decided to vote against that word being allowed. Get the COMMUNITY to want to ban the other 3 and I promise I'll do the same, even though I disagree. Until such time, we need to respect the COMMUNITY as a whole and who posts here.

I'm happy to do that. I will no longer use that term.

I was making a point, which you've continued to ignore.

ConHog
04-25-2012, 01:59 PM

Lies, panties offends you because you don't wear any..............:laugh2:

jimnyc
I broke the rules to make a point. The point is that each of the terms, "nigger", "dyke", "faggot", and ****, are equally offensive.
They are all used as weapons of hate by people who are intolerant of the groups so labelled.

You refuse to see that all 3 of the words you don't like are used by large groups of people, while the C word is not. I'm sorry you're angry that your fellow homosexuals embrace the words queer, fag and dyke, but that's hardly my fault.

tailfins

I vote we keep her around; she makes an interesting pet. All I ask is that you keep her in the utility room at night so her barking doesn't wake the neighbors.

DragonStryk72
04-25-2012, 02:00 PM

Do you speak and the same english as everyone else? JIM DOES NOT WANT TO BAN YOU, BUT YOU ARE BEING A HUMONGOUS DOUCHE TO EVERYONE, AND CONTINUE TO ATTACK PEOPLE IN AN IRRATIONAL MANNER.

jimnyc
04-25-2012, 02:00 PM
I vote we keep her around; she makes an interesting pet. All I ask is that you keep her in the utility room at night so her barking doesn't wake the neighbors.

In the past, I hit the ban button the instant someone circumvents the filters. I also ban immediately when the person outright states they don't care for the rules, and further state "ban me". I'm going 3000% overboard on this one so I don't get vilified if she ultimately does get a vacation for her own actions.

Trigg
04-25-2012, 02:01 PM

READ SLOWER it might help with your comprehension.

Jim said OTHERS IN THOSE GROUPS use those terms often in an affectionate and familiar way.

"c" is only used as a derogatory term.

tailfins
04-25-2012, 02:02 PM
Do you speak and the same english as everyone else? JIM DOES NOT WANT TO BAN YOU, BUT YOU ARE BEING A HUMONGOUS DOUCHE TO EVERYONE, AND CONTINUE TO ATTACK PEOPLE IN AN IRRATIONAL MANNER.

I have a better idea: Selectively delete posts that break the rules. Not only do we keep the entertainment, we get to annoy the wayward poster as well.

ConHog
04-25-2012, 02:02 PM

That's completely untrue. You can easily prevent Jim from banning you by not breaking the fucking rules. How many times must you be told, this isn't the shitty ass USMB where moderators and or administrators run wild and ban people for no reason.

Adjust your attitude to your environment Sky.

Wind Song
04-25-2012, 02:03 PM

1. I'm not out of control.

2. Jim isn't a persecutor.

jimnyc
04-25-2012, 02:04 PM

DS and I have, for VERY good reason, been at odds over the years on the subject of homosexuality and slurs such as "queer". He has EARNED my respect over those years. Not enough to make me support certain things, but more than enough to "think" and learn. He posts in a manner that makes it nearly impossible for me to be derogatory in any manner when going back and forth with him.

At any rate, just wanted to add that I thanked AND gave rep to DS for this post - and I hope EVERYONE will do the same - to at the very least show WS that she is not a victim here, that SHE is pushing things and even those who agree with her on certain premises, have trouble interacting with her.

Trigg
1. I'm not out of control.

2. Jim isn't a persecutor.

You're a victim

And from what I've witnessed, happy to be one

Wind Song

That's completely untrue. You can easily prevent Jim from banning you by not breaking the fucking rules. How many times must you be told, this isn't the shitty ass USMB where moderators and or administrators run wild and ban people for no reason.

Adjust your attitude to your environment Sky.

You could do with some attitude adjusting yourself. Is this how you win friends and influence people?

I already told Jim I'd made my point and won't use the banned term, ****, again.

Wind Song
04-25-2012, 02:05 PM
You're a victim

And from what I've witnessed, happy to be one

Not in the slightest. I don't feel the slightest bit victimized. Using that term, "victim" inappropriately is a right wing tactic. It is used against people who advocate for civil rights for minorities.

jimnyc
04-25-2012, 02:06 PM
I'm not going back and forth over this rules issue with her. If I come back later, and she continues to circumvent the filters and the COMMUNITY takes issue with it, then I'll act. I want it extremely clear that I won't be moderating on my personal beliefs or my personal interaction with WS.

Trigg
04-25-2012, 02:08 PM
Not in the slightest. I don't feel the slightest bit victimized. Using that term, "victim" inappropriately is a right wing tactic. It is used against people who advocate for civil rights for minorities.

Really????

Than you obviously have no idea how your posting style comes off.

EVERY post or thread you've been in (that I've read), screams poor me, I'm disenfranchized, I'm victimized, I'm picked on, you all hate me.

You can't even agree with gabby and she's the other resident liberal

tailfins
04-25-2012, 02:10 PM
EVERY post or thread you've been in (that I've read), screams poor me, I'm disenfranchized, I'm victimized, I'm picked on, you all hate me.

Hilarious, isn't it! :laugh2:

http://www.mochadad.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/brat.jpg

Wind Song
04-25-2012, 02:11 PM
Really????

Than you obviously have no idea how your posting style comes off.

You can't even agree with gabby and she's the other resident liberal

I don't feel that way at all. I don't feel sorry for myself or picked on or hated or victimized by anyone here.

I did feel sorry for myself when Kathianne bashed me for grieving the day my dog died. She really hurt my feelings. I certainly did feel sorry for myself that day, and I drowned my sorrows in my cups.

I acted like a boob.

Trigg
04-25-2012, 02:16 PM
I don't feel that way at all. I don't feel sorry for myself or picked on or hated or victimized by anyone here.

I did feel sorry for myself when Kathianne bashed me for grieving the day my dog died. She really hurt my feelings. I certainly did feel sorry for myself that day, and I drowned my sorrows in my cups.

I acted like a boob.

Wow, ok, do you have a sister who likes to post for you???

Because whoever it was who went on for 10 page on the gun nuts at starbucks certainly felt victimized.

it's to much work to go through your posts, so I will just say. You come off as a person who enjoys playing the victim, if you don't realize this maybe you should look back through your posts. It would help explain why you get the reception from some people that you get.

tailfins
04-25-2012, 02:19 PM
You come off as a person who enjoys playing the victim

So who are we to interfere with her happiness? Let her play. My only question is: Do she WANT to be made fun of?

jimnyc
04-25-2012, 02:21 PM

Because whoever it was who went on for 10 page on the gun nuts at starbucks certainly felt victimized.

it's to much work to go through your posts, so I will just say. You come off as a person who enjoys playing the victim, if you don't realize this maybe you should look back through your posts. It would help explain why you get the reception from some people that you get.

Hiya, Trigg :coffee:

Trigg
04-25-2012, 02:22 PM
So who are we to interfere with her happiness? Let her play. My only question is: Do she WANT to be made fun of?

Maybe she has multiple personalities and can't help it. Who knows

Wind Song
04-25-2012, 02:26 PM

The use of the term, "gun nut", is evidence of victimization? No way. It may have been unskillful on my part, but it was not used because I feel victimized in any way.

Advocating for civil rights is the opposite of being victimized.

Wind Song
04-25-2012, 02:27 PM
Maybe she has multiple personalities and can't help it. Who knows

So now you're diagnosing me?

No problem. I diagnosed the open carry movement as "gun nuts". You won't find that in the DSMV.

Multiple personality disorder is a completely bogus diagnosis for ANYONE. Sybil was a fraud. Do some research.

Wind Song
04-25-2012, 02:30 PM

You mistake the ability to take myself lightly with wanting to be made fun of. I don't mind if someone has a laugh at my expense.:dance:

Trigg
04-25-2012, 02:31 PM
So now you're diagnosing strangers on the internet?

I said maybe......hardly diagnosing. I was just trying to rationalize your posting style.

Advocating for civil rights is the opposite of being victimized

Very true, however, that is not what you were doing.

Again, I invite you to re-read what was posted. It may help you understand why you get the reception that you get.

Wind Song
04-25-2012, 02:34 PM
I said maybe......hardly diagnosing. I was just trying to rationalize your posting style.

Very true, however, that is not what you were doing.

Again, I invite you to re-read what was posted. It may help you understand why you get the reception that you get.

I'm advocating for public safety, which I don't think is accomplished by arming every man, woman, and child in this country, and opening carrying weapons in cafes and other places of business.

BTW, I don't like cynics. I find them narrow minded.

SassyLady
04-25-2012, 02:46 PM
Am I the only one who gets frustrated with passive/aggressives?

Wind Song
04-25-2012, 02:52 PM

If you're going to use that term, then you damn well ought to spell out EXACTLY what you're referring to.

Wind Song
04-25-2012, 02:52 PM

If you're going to use that term, then you damn well ought to spell out EXACTLY what you're referring to.Passive aggressive is covert abuse.

WTF? You show up here to pick a fight? I'm ready. Nothing passive about it. Let's have it out.

SassyLady
04-25-2012, 02:54 PM
:pillowfight:

ConHog
04-25-2012, 02:55 PM
Sky, seriously please acknowledge what we are all saying here. To a person, Jim included, we WANT you to adjust and stick around. What we don't want is for you to continue being an asshole and then blaming others for lashing out at you in retaliation. You constantly and consistently go off topic and then scream that others are derailing threads when they aren't. You constantly call names and then scream "I'm a victim" when someone calls you a name. You CONSTANTLY accuse us of bashing you for being gay, and most of the time you are imagining that as well. You are constantly implying that others wish you harm....

Holy shit, just take a chill pill. You're not being bullied here. If Jim and or the members wanted to bully you , you wouldn't be posting here.. Simple as that. But no matter how egregious your own behavior here you still are posting. Is that the actions of a board that doesn't want you around? Not only that, people are engaging you in debate. If you weren't wanted everyone would just put you on ignore and go about their business.

Are you just incapable of accepting constructive criticism? Because you've been given some good advice around here and you act like it didn't even happen.

STOP BEING SO COMBATIVE, or at least stop whining when you get hit back.

DragonStryk72
04-25-2012, 02:56 PM
If you're going to use that term, then you damn well ought to spell out EXACTLY what you're referring to.Passive aggressive is covert abuse.

WTF? You show up here to pick a fight? I'm ready. Nothing passive about it. Let's have it out.

You are passive/aggressive. You think because you reword something that we don't catch, or because you keep calling for Jim to ban you, that makes it different, but it doesn't.

Wind Song
04-25-2012, 02:56 PM
:pillowfight:

I'd rather throw a pie in your face.

Wind Song
04-25-2012, 02:57 PM
You are passive/aggressive. You think because you reword something that we don't catch, or because you keep calling for Jim to ban you, that makes it different, but it doesn't.

What you're doing in this post is judging me and diagnosing me. Why don't you point to the post you're offended by and challenge that.

Name calling is ineffective debate.

Passive aggressive refers to a term that means covert abuse. Please show me EXACTLY what I've stated that you consider covert abuse.

ConHog
I'd rather throw a pie in your face.

I'd rather have her pie in my face............:coffee:

Wind Song
I'd rather have her pie in my face............:coffee:

Pig.

ConHog
04-25-2012, 02:58 PM

Yeppers, she desperately wants Jim to ban her so she can come back and say "see Jim's mean to me cuz I'm a lesbian and he hates me" Sweet Jesus I hope he resists the temptation to fall for it.

Wind Song
04-25-2012, 03:03 PM
Yeppers, she desperately wants Jim to ban her so she can come back and say "see Jim's mean to me cuz I'm a lesbian and he hates me" Sweet Jesus I hope he resists the temptation to fall for it.

Not true at all. I don't take lightly to threats. Rather than telling me, "do this or else", I say Make my day. I'm not a doormat for anyone else's threats.

Jim doesn't hate me and he doesn't care that I'm a lesbian.

Wind Song
04-25-2012, 03:05 PM
C'mon ladies

You wanna fight with me?

I'm ready.

DragonStryk72
04-25-2012, 03:06 PM
What you're doing in this post is judging me and diagnosing me. Why don't you point to the post you're offended by and challenge that.

Name calling is ineffective debate.

Passive aggressive refers to a term that means covert abuse. Please show me EXACTLY what I've stated that you consider covert abuse.

I'm not debating you. I'm telling you, as others are, that your entire demeanor on this board is aggressive. It's either every single person here, or it's you. You bully us.

Stop redefining words to suit your own arguments:

Passive-aggressive behavior is dealing with expectations in interpersonal (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interpersonal) or occupational situations in an obstructionist (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Obstructionist) or hostile manner that indicates aggression (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aggression), or, in more general terms, expressing aggression in non-assertive (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assertive) (i.e. passive or indirect) ways. It can be seen in some cases as a personality trait or disorder marked by a pervasive pattern of negative attitudes and passive, usually disavowed, resistance in interpersonal or occupational situations.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Passive%E2%80%93aggressive_behavior

ConHog
04-25-2012, 03:14 PM
I'm not debating you. I'm telling you, as others are, that your entire demeanor on this board is aggressive. It's either every single person here, or it's you. You bully us.

Passive-aggressive behavior is dealing with expectations in interpersonal (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interpersonal) or occupational situations in an obstructionist (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Obstructionist) or hostile manner that indicates aggression (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aggression), or, in more general terms, expressing aggression in non-assertive (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assertive) (i.e. passive or indirect) ways. It can be seen in some cases as a personality trait or disorder marked by a pervasive pattern of negative attitudes and passive, usually disavowed, resistance in interpersonal or occupational situations.

Like my grand daddy always said. Son if you've been married 4 times and each marriage has failed maybe you ought look and see what the common factor is.............. Sky appears to be incapable of such introspection.

Wind Song
04-25-2012, 03:15 PM

I am spunky and completely out in the open with it. I'm certainly not a bully, but you're entitled to your opinion. NO ONE in my real life, would EVER tell me I'm a bully.

I have ALWAYS stood up for the underdog. MY WHOLE LIFE.

If you find my post so disturbing then put me on ignore and be at peace.

ConHog
04-25-2012, 03:17 PM
I am spunky and completely out in the open with it. I'm certainly not a bully, but you're entitled to your opinion. NO ONE in my real life, would EVER tell me I'm a bully.

You don't stand up for anyone. you attack EVERYONE. There is a difference.

Wind Song
04-25-2012, 03:20 PM
Like my grand daddy always said. Son if you've been married 4 times and each marriage has failed maybe you ought look and see what the common factor is.............. Sky appears to be incapable of such introspection.

I have only been married once in 27 years.

tailfins
04-25-2012, 03:21 PM

Passive aggressive is a synonym for corporate culture. Indifference appears to be its best remedy. You would be surprised how grabbing a notepad and acting unfazed heaps hot coals on the passive aggressive. OK, now lets restate your points as you recite the contents of your notes. Go soak my head? Sure, I understand clean hair is important. I get particularly good results from Suave.

Wind Song
04-25-2012, 03:21 PM
You don't stand up for anyone. you attack EVERYONE. There is a difference.

Conhog

You name call all the time, and I stand up for myself.

If that's bullying to you, then fine. I'm a bully.

You don't know me in my real life. NO ONE who really knows me thinks that. All this shows me is how insincere you are in your friendship offer. You expect to be rewarded and ego stroked continually.

If you want to be friends, then act like it. Stop taking cheap shots at me every chance you get.

ConHog
04-25-2012, 03:23 PM
Conhog

You don't me in my real life. NO ONE who really knows me thinks that. All this shows me is how insincere you are in your friendship offer. You expect to be rewarded and ego stroked continually.

I do? Did you even know that I had talked to Jim about you after inviting you and defended your behavior saying you couldn't help it because USMB had twisted u around? No you didn't because I didn't tell you that because I didn't care if you knew and didn't want an "ego stroke" for it. I only mention it now because you are accusing me of being your "enemy"

DragonStryk72
04-25-2012, 03:25 PM

"Ban me"

"Ban me"

"ignore me"

Just more and more of it.

You call for people to assault you. You are not the underdog. You are not "spunky", my friend Kayleigh is spunky, and you are nothing close to that kind of awesome.

I don't care about who you are elsewhere, because I cannot see that. All I see is the woman who hops on this forum, and attacks everyone in every thread, then plays the victim, and refuses to learn. This is your real life, too by the way. Life doesn't stop cause you hopped on Firefox.

Look at this post of yours, where you just brush off what's being said to you, by multiple people, because it doesn't fit your paradigm. Well, sorry to say, but your view of who you are on here is not based on objective reality. You are an overly aggressive bully.

SassyLady
04-25-2012, 03:30 PM
Conhog

You don't know me in my real life. NO ONE who really knows me thinks that. All this shows me is how insincere you are in your friendship offer. You expect to be rewarded and ego stroked continually.

If you want to be friends, then act like it. Stop taking cheap shots at me every chance you get.

You bully by using the "shame on you" approach to those who don't agree with your stance.

Wind Song
04-25-2012, 03:34 PM
I do? Did you even know that I had talked to Jim about you after inviting you and defended your behavior saying you couldn't help it because USMB had twisted u around? No you didn't because I didn't tell you that because I didn't care if you knew and didn't want an "ego stroke" for it. I only mention it now because you are accusing me of being your "enemy"

I certainly don't think of you as an "enemy" in the way you think. We're often debate opponents, but I don't think of you as a bad person.

You are continually calling me names. I don't like it. I've asked you to stop and you insist on doing that.

I don't need you to stick up for me. Obviously, I'm already in overkill doing that for myself. Just be yourself.

Wind Song
04-25-2012, 03:36 PM
You bully by using the "shame on you" approach to those who don't agree with your stance.

True enough. I do that shame on you thing. There is a reason I'm so excited to try and learn NVC. I need it.

Wind Song
04-25-2012, 03:40 PM
"Ban me"

"Ban me"

"ignore me"

Just more and more of it.

You call for people to assault you. You are not the underdog. You are not "spunky", my friend Kayleigh is spunky, and you are nothing close to that kind of awesome.

I don't care about who you are elsewhere, because I cannot see that. All I see is the woman who hops on this forum, and attacks everyone in every thread, then plays the victim, and refuses to learn. This is your real life, too by the way. Life doesn't stop cause you hopped on Firefox.

Look at this post of yours, where you just brush off what's being said to you, by multiple people, because it doesn't fit your paradigm. Well, sorry to say, but your view of who you are on here is not based on objective reality. You are an overly aggressive bully.

No, I'm not a bully.

I don't accept that judgment of me. I admit that I'm aggressive on forums, and that I have a giant chip on my shoulder and I'm continually asking people to knock it off.

If we were getting to know each other as friends, I would tell you why that is so. But I don't trust people to not use personal disclosure in future attacks.

There is an unhealthy side to this pattern. If we were friends, I'd tell you all about it. But I don't trust anyone here to let me be a human being with flaws.

SassyLady
04-25-2012, 04:03 PM
No, I'm not a bully.

I don't accept that judgment of me. I admit that I'm aggressive on forums, and that I have a giant chip on my shoulder and I'm continually asking people to knock it off.

If we were getting to know each other as friends, I would tell you why that is so. But I don't trust people to not use personal disclosure in future attacks.

There is an unhealthy side to this pattern. If we were friends, I'd tell you all about it. But I don't trust anyone here to let me be a human being with flaws.

Posted by me:

Your response:

True enough. I do that shame on you thing. There is a reason I'm so excited to try and learn NVC. I need it.

Your bullying style is passive/aggressive. Just like your last couple of posts. In one you admit that you use the "shame on you" approach and then in the next post deny that you bully.

"Shame on You!!!" is a form of intimidation ... and you've used it abundantly on this forum.

Wind Song
04-25-2012, 04:09 PM
Posted by me:

Your response:

Your bullying style is passive/aggressive. Just like your last couple of posts. In one you admit that you use the "shame on you" approach and then in the next post deny that you bully.

"Shame on You!!!" is a form of intimidation ... and you've used it abundantly on this forum.

Having a style that you think is aggressive isn't the same thing as BEING a bully. I am NOT a bully. As long as you continue to criticize me for my every post, that hardly gives me any breathing space to change anything.

Even when I admit something is true, then you and others use that against me to pile it on. That's not helping.

Maybe it makes you all feel nice and cozy being on the inside of a warm circle but I'm on the outside.

SassyLady
04-25-2012, 04:12 PM
Having a style that you think is aggressive isn't the same thing as BEING a bully. I am NOT a bully. As long as you continue to criticize me for my every post, that hardly gives me any breathing space to change anything.

Even when I admit something is true, then you and others use that against me to pile it on. That's not helping.

Maybe it makes you all feel nice and cozy being on the inside of a warm circle but I'm on the outside.

But why is that?

Kathianne
04-25-2012, 04:15 PM
I work with domestic violence victims. Fatality increases exponentially in DV homes with guns. I know too many scary dudes with guns. The last thing I need to do on a break is to walk into a coffee shop filled with armed strangers.

Gun owners aren't content to own lethal weapons, keep them at home or in their cars. Now they want to parade around EVERYWHERE and be in EVERY public place. I object.

Yep, 47 state legislatures have passed laws to conform with 2nd amendment. Yet because of YOUR FEELINGS, you think Starbucks should post a note to prevent others rights. You don't see a problem with that?

Now if Starbucks chose to post such a note and folks heeded it or went elsewhere they'd have a right to run their business as they chose. Problem with your stance is you want to deny both the customers and the businesses of their rights, through actions and inactions.

Trigg
04-25-2012, 04:17 PM
My mother is passive/aggressive and loves to play the victim in order to get her way. she's also been known to play people off of each other so she can come in and "save the day". It's very exhausting.

Honestly, most of the time it works, my sisters and I like to keep the peace since we all live so close together.

windsong doesn't see herself in this description, although I suspect she's heard it before. So, it's useless pointing it out.

Wind Song
04-25-2012, 04:33 PM
My mother is passive/aggressive and loves to play the victim in order to get her way. she's also been known to play people off of each other so she can come in and "save the day". It's very exhausting.

Honestly, most of the time it works, my sisters and I like to keep the peace since we all live so close together.

windsong doesn't see herself in this description, although I suspect she's heard it before. So, it's useless pointing it out.

Any time you want to talk TO me instead of ABOUT me...just sayin...

Little-Acorn
04-25-2012, 04:49 PM
How would you feel going in for your latte and finding all the other patrons armed to the teeth?

When did you go into a Starbucks and find "all the other patrons armed to the teeth"?

Or are you merely lying... again?

Wind Song
04-25-2012, 04:52 PM
When did you go into a Starbucks and find "all the other patrons armed to the teeth"?

I didn't see them in Starbucks myself. I heard about them in the Bay Area from friends. Bringing more than one weapon each to a meeting at Starbucks seems excessive enough to be described as "armed to the teeth".

You can take the accusation of lying and shove it.

Kathianne
04-25-2012, 04:53 PM

OMFG!! Two boards, Wind? The cliques here are more than non-existent. While there may be some political philosophical tendencies, 'friends' whom you might peg are often anything but. Just read what's gone down here over the past 5 months or so.

Wind Song
04-25-2012, 04:55 PM
OMFG!! Two boards, Wind? The cliques here are more than non-existent. While there may be some political philosophical tendencies, 'friends' whom you might peg are often anything but. Just read what's gone down here over the past 5 months or so.

Whatever you say, Ms Ice Queen.

Kathianne
04-25-2012, 04:56 PM
Whatever you say, Ms Ice Queen.

LOL! It's violent of you, Sky, Wind...

Little-Acorn
04-25-2012, 04:57 PM
Apparently all Starbucks does, is refuse to ban an activity that is completely legal and harmless.

Explain to me how this is a "bad" thing?

Kudoes to Starbucks for not yielding to the usual hysteria and groveling that characterizes some businesses.

BTW, as for the other businesses that DO try to ban people from carrying inside their stores:

Does this mean you are ready to take full responsibility for any inuries (up to and including death) I might sustain if a criminal comes in and starts assaulting me (possibly with a gun as he blithely ignores your "ban") and the other patrons in your store? Since you choose to force us to give up the ability to defend ourselves, are you ready and willing to cope with the lawsuits we (or our next of kin) will file against you for materially contributing to our injuries and/or deaths by imposing your arbitrary ban on our (wholly legal and reasonable) activity of going armed and thus depriving us of our fundamental right to defend ourselves, when a criminal does his criminal activity?

Wind Song
04-25-2012, 04:59 PM
LOL! It's violent of you, Sky, Wind...

It describes your character well. You're the only poster on this forum that I actually hate.

SassyLady
04-25-2012, 05:02 PM
Apparently all Starbucks does, is refuse to ban an activity that is completely legal and harmless.

Explain to me how this is a "bad" thing?

Kudoes to Starbucks for not yielding to the usual hysteria and groveling that characterizes some businesses.

BTW, as for the other businesses that DO try to ban people from carrying inside their stores:

Does this mean you are ready to take full responsibility for any inuries (up to and including death) I might sustain if a criminal comes in and starts assaulting me (possibly with a gun as he blithely ignores your "ban") and the other patrons in your store? Since you choose to force us to give up the ability to defend ourselves, are you ready and willing to cope with the lawsuits we (or our next of kin) will file against you for materially contributing to our injuries and/or deaths by imposing your arbitrary ban on our (wholly legal and reasonable) activity of going armed and thus depriving us of our fundamental right to defend ourselves, when a criminal does his criminal activity?

Probably not. I think those that are advocating for no guns in Starbucks would think anyone getting hurt by a robber would sue the store ... not the advocates.

Wind Song
04-25-2012, 05:03 PM
Probably not. I think those that are advocating for no guns in Starbucks would think anyone getting hurt by a robber would sue the store ... not the advocates.

The cops don't like the open carry demonstrations because it's hard for them to assess who is or isn't a real threat.

Kathianne
04-25-2012, 05:04 PM
It describes your character well. You're the only poster on this forum that I actually hate.

Then you own the problem, not I. I don't hate you, not at all. I find you annoying at times, amusing most of the time.

SassyLady
04-25-2012, 05:06 PM
The cops don't like the open carry demonstrations because it's hard for them to assess who is or isn't a real threat.

Cops don't like a lot of things. They don't like hoodies or droopy pants. Doesn't mean people are going to stop wearing hoodies and droopy pants.

jimnyc
04-25-2012, 05:08 PM
Not true at all. I don't take lightly to threats. Rather than telling me, "do this or else", I say Make my day. I'm not a doormat for anyone else's threats.

Jim doesn't hate me and he doesn't care that I'm a lesbian.

You're correct, I don't. What I do care about is the community following the rules that we all agreed upon when we registered to post here.

Little-Acorn
04-25-2012, 05:11 PM

I didn't see them in Starbucks myself.

Somehow I knew that would be the answer... along with the usual epithets and insults you habitually deal out to anyone who points out what you are doing.

You are SO easy.

Wind Song
04-25-2012, 05:13 PM
Then you own the problem, not I. I don't hate you, not at all. I find you annoying at times, amusing most of the time.

I hate your guts. We will NEVER be friends.

ConHog
04-25-2012, 05:15 PM

What the hell? For sure ne and kath arent best friends but ive never seen her do anything to eatn hwte from anyone. You make it extremely difficult to be nice to you dorothy

Little-Acorn
04-25-2012, 05:15 PM

Little windy's "debate" techniques make an interesting case study, do they not? :D :D :D

Kathianne
04-25-2012, 05:16 PM

Dang. I was so hoping to meet up at Starbucks.

ConHog
04-25-2012, 05:18 PM
Kath u better make damn sure youre never around sky when sbes armed to the teeth because you know an armed angry idiot will for sure shoot someone if they can

jimnyc
04-25-2012, 05:18 PM

What has Kath done that deserves "hatred" and banishment from the friends list? Disagree with you? Point out where she thinks you are out of line or incorrect? Or are you just being "emotional"?

Wind Song
04-25-2012, 05:19 PM
What the hell? For sure ne and kath arent best friends but ive never seen her do anything to eatn hwte from anyone. You make it extremely difficult to be nice to you dorothy

Yes, I do. With "friends" like Kathianne, who needs enemies? She's a cold hearted bitch.

Kathianne
04-25-2012, 05:20 PM
What has Kath done that deserves "hatred" and banishment from the friends list? Disagree with you? Point out where she thinks you are out of line or incorrect? Or are you just being "emotional"?

That's ok, I'm cool not being 'friends' with her. I'm sorry we can't argue over a latte, but hey, somehow I doubt she frequents my Starbucks!

Wind Song
04-25-2012, 05:21 PM

What she did was mock me the day my dog died. She told me I was "using" my dog, to get sympathy. That was cold hearted. I was very sad, and vulnerable and that was like sticking a knife in my heart.

She hurt me, and she enjoys that kind of vicious coldness.

We will NEVER be friends.

SassyLady

From my perspective I believe it's because Kathianne doesn't exude empathy for Wind Song.

jimnyc
Yes, I do. With "friends" like Kathianne, who needs enemies? She's a cold hearted bitch.

You DEMAND respect from others and CONTINUALLY point out how the conversation is over when people get "ugly" or name call. And then you end up speaking to Kath like this. See that, you're just like us after all, which makes you a hypocritical liar in the process, but that's cool with me. :)

ConHog
04-25-2012, 05:22 PM

No dohbt. If u hated me for pointing it out every time youre wrong you have no time for anything but hating me.

Kathianne
04-25-2012, 05:23 PM
You DEMAND respect from others and CONTINUALLY point out how the conversation is over when people get "ugly" or name call. And then you end up speaking to Kath like this. See that, you're just like us after all, which makes you a hypocritical liar in the process, but that's cool with me. :)

I don't think I've name called her, though her's of me are pretty funny. Thanks, Wind-Sky, (waiting for fire and water).

jimnyc
04-25-2012, 05:24 PM
What she did was mock me the day my dog died. She told me I was "using" my dog, to get sympathy. That was cold hearted. I was very sad, and vulnerable and that was like sticking a knife in my heart.

She hurt me, and she enjoys that kind of vicious coldness.

We will NEVER be friends.

She made an accusation that day about your actions. She didn't pick on your dog. She didn't pick on you. She made a statement/accusation about your actions. While no one is saying you need to respect one another, I find it odd that you spew out such hatred now, when you've tried to play the "Buddhism, I am enlightenment and abhor violence" persona, and you spew the names out about her just after crying to the heavens about others doing so to you.

HYPOCRITE

Kathianne
04-25-2012, 05:24 PM
From my perspective I believe it's because Kathianne doesn't exude empathy for Wind Song.

My exuder is broken! Not my fault. Ask anyone who's ever pm'd or posted to me about their favorite kids issues or parents issues, normally it works.

Wind Song
04-25-2012, 05:25 PM
Kath u better make damn sure youre never around sky when sbes armed to the teeth because you know an armed angry idiot will for sure shoot someone if they can

Kath better just stay the fuck away from me altogether. I hate her.

jimnyc
04-25-2012, 05:26 PM
I don't think I've name called her, though her's of me are pretty funny. Thanks, Wind-Sky, (waiting for fire and water).

Well, I suppose she's entitled to hate you if she wishes. Just quite odd when she speaks out against such karma, and the name calling - but then reverts to the things she doesn't like when she is angry. I think there is a term for someone who acts in such a manner...

jimnyc
04-25-2012, 05:27 PM

Are you enjoying cocktails once again? Just asking, I'm about to hit my bong I think. Maybe I'll understand you better in a little while. :)

Kathianne
04-25-2012, 05:28 PM
Well, I suppose she's entitled to hate you if she wishes. Just quite odd when she speaks out against such karma, and the name calling - but then reverts to the things she doesn't like when she is angry. I think there is a term for someone who acts in such a manner...

I like some of her use of Ice Queen, considering that others think I've been so emotional. LOL! 'sides, it's cool being Queen!

I am however feeling a threat here:

Kath better just stay the fuck away from me altogether. I hate her. What's that about?

Wind Song
She made an accusation that day about your actions. She didn't pick on your dog. She didn't pick on you. She made a statement/accusation about your actions. While no one is saying you need to respect one another, I find it odd that you spew out such hatred now, when you've tried to play the "Buddhism, I am enlightenment and abhor violence" persona, and you spew the names out about her just after crying to the heavens about others doing so to you.

HYPOCRITE

I don't care. I hate her guts. She treated me like shit on a very bad day. She accused me of using my dying dog in some manipulative way. I was in agony and she shoved an ice pick in my heart.

I hate her hate her haater. double hater triple hater. I want to smash a pie in her face and mush it in.

We will NEVER be friends. She did something that I consider unforgiveable. She is the kind of person that is evil itself.

ConHog

Shes neither your friend nor your enemy you twit. Its s message board. Let me tell you i had jim so mad one day that im surprised he didnt ban me. And i deserved it but hr ddnt because he was bein an ass that day to. But you know what? The next day it was forgotten by both and we moved on.

Silly girls and their grudges

jimnyc
04-25-2012, 05:30 PM
I don't care. I hate her guts. She treated me like shit on a very bad day. She accused me of using my dying dog in some manipulative way. I was in agony and she shoved an ice pick in my heart.

I hate her hate her haater. double hater triple hater. I want to smash a pie in her face and mush it in.

We will NEVER be friends. She did something that I consider unforgiveable. She is the kind of person that is evil itself.

Wow, a bit dramatic, no? LOL You sound like the guy I used to hang with, on Fridays, after work, at the end of the bar - and he was there for 4 hours before I arrived!

SassyLady

Well, crap, Sky!!! I thought I was your favorite "pie in the face" person to hate. Are you two-timing me?

ConHog

Bipolar

Kathianne
04-25-2012, 05:31 PM

Oh c'mon, you hated me way before you used your dog's death. Honesty, at least towards self, is important in Buddhism and other philosophies.

ConHog
04-25-2012, 05:33 PM
Oh c'mon, you hated me way before you used your dog's death. Honesty, at least towards self, is important in Buddhism and other philosophies.

You pointed out my own flaws i hate you!!!!!! We shall never be friends

Little-Acorn
04-25-2012, 05:38 PM

I have a son who used to produce reactions like this.

He grew out of it after the age of 7.

The other two sons are mature enough to not have done it at all.

Wind Song

Yup. I'm angry. I hate Kathianne. Why is that? Ok. Using NVC, for me to hate K, then it must relate to some need. The need that wasn't met when she decided to kick me when I was down with the dog, is that I needed to let myself feel sad, and to feel the loss. I had a need for some comfort.

I don't need it from the Ice Kween, I need to offer to myself. And I need to give her a wide berth. She is the kind of person who enjoys hurting someone and who would never think of apologizing. She thinks she is always right. She is untrustworthy, and mean.

She is my nemesis on this forum.

jimnyc
Bipolar

Nope, I'm bipolar, and that's not what it is. Bipolar simply gives you highs and lows in your life, but wouldn't make you a hypocrite and 2 different people at times. Schizo's maybe, or those simply with severe emotional trauma. Not a diagnosis, Wingo, so chill out. Just making it clear that I know all about bipolar, and what I see on this board doesn't display that disorder.

Nukeman
04-25-2012, 05:39 PM

The most evil thing in the world is a person so full of hate that they can't see it in themselves. You are a complete hypocrit, how do you call yourself a Buddhist, With that much hate in your heart how can you function in life!!!!

jimnyc
04-25-2012, 05:40 PM
Yup. I'm angry. I hate Kathianne. Why is that? Ok. Using NVC, for me to hate K, then it must relate to some need. The need that wasn't met when she decided to kick me when I was down with the dog, is that I needed to let myself feel sad, and to feel the loss. I had a need for some comfort.

I don't need it from the Ice Kween, I need to offer to myself. And I need to give her a wide berth. She is the kind of person who enjoys hurting someone and who would never think of apologizing. She thinks she is always right. She is untrustworthy, and mean.

Kath - you should put this as your user title. :coffee:

SassyLady
04-25-2012, 05:45 PM

This is not true. Kathianne said something very hurtful to me years ago on another board. When I called her on it, without prefacing it with "I hate you", she apologized very graciously. Were we best friends after that? No. But we had a different perspective of each other from that point forward. Do we disagree and call each other out? Yes. Do we think of ourselves as friends? Yes.

The point is that it takes two to create a situation and it takes two to diffuse that situation.

Little-Acorn
04-25-2012, 05:46 PM

Q: How can you tell who is the Queen of the kingdom?

A: She is the only person who can give orders to the King, and enforce them.

SassyLady
04-25-2012, 05:47 PM
Q: How can you tell who is the Queen of the kingdom?

A: She is the only person who can give orders to the King, and enforce them.

What if there is no King?

Little-Acorn
04-25-2012, 05:48 PM
What if there is no King?

Lucky him.

Kathianne
04-25-2012, 05:48 PM

You have a point here, good point!

Kathianne
04-25-2012, 05:49 PM
Lucky him.

I lopped off his head, I'm the Ice Kween! (33 flavors)

Missileman
04-25-2012, 05:51 PM
Bipolar

Nah...looks more like your garden-variety, bat-shit, looney-tunes.

Wind Song
04-25-2012, 05:52 PM

I disliked you because of the way you came at me attacking me every second when I first came to this board. I didn't even know who you were or why you had such a negative charge.

I didn't feel hate for you until you stabbed my heart when it was already broken. You used my family situation to attack me. IMO, it doesn't get any lower than that.

If you were honest you would admit that you hated me from the second I got here.

I think you're a particularly cruel person and you enjoy the suffering of others.

Kathianne
04-25-2012, 05:53 PM
I disliked you because of the way you came at me attacking me every second when I first came to this board. I didn't even know who you were or why you had such a negative charge.

I didn't feel hate for you until you stabbed my heart when it was already broken. You used my family situation to attack me. IMO, it doesn't get any lower than that.

If you were honest you would admit that you hated me from the second I got here.

Sorry, never hated YOU. Still don't Sometimes I feel sorry for you, mostly you just leave me cold. You cause the 'Ice.'

Wind Song
04-25-2012, 05:56 PM
This is not true. Kathianne said something very hurtful to me years ago on another board. When I called her on it, without prefacing it with "I hate you", she apologized very graciously. Were we best friends after that? No. But we had a different perspective of each other from that point forward. Do we disagree and call each other out? Yes. Do we think of ourselves as friends? Yes.

The point is that it takes two to create a situation and it takes two to diffuse that situation.

She would NEVER apologize to me for the hurt she caused me. We cannot be friends for that reason. I think what she did to me about my dying dog is as low as I've ever seen a human being act.

We won't be friends, the causes and conditions for friendship aren't present.

Little-Acorn
04-25-2012, 06:00 PM

I think you're a particularly cruel person and you enjoy the suffering of others.

Are you two surreptitiously married?

That would explain a lot... thought I have a hard time seeing Kathianne in that situation.

Kathianne
04-25-2012, 06:01 PM

That would explain a lot... thought I have a hard time seeing Kathianne in that situation.

I don't swing her way. ;)

Wind Song
04-25-2012, 06:03 PM
Sorry, never hated YOU. Still don't Sometimes I feel sorry for you, mostly you just leave me cold. You cause the 'Ice.'

You cause your own ice. You dislike me, and I would prefer if you NEVER spoke to me again.

Kathianne
04-25-2012, 06:07 PM
You cause your own ice. You dislike me, and I would prefer if you NEVER spoke to me again.

Preferences aside, I can and may.

Wind Song
04-25-2012, 06:08 PM
Preferences aside, I can and may.

Thank you. Silence is golden. I think it's best if we never talk to each other again.

Little-Acorn
04-25-2012, 06:09 PM
I don't swing her way. ;)

Precisely... hence my puzzlement.

Most other requisite characteristics are there in abundance.

Kathianne
04-25-2012, 06:09 PM
Thank you. Silence is golden. I think it's best if we never talk to each other again.

Practice it. I didn't call you names.

Wind Song
04-25-2012, 06:11 PM
Practice it. I didn't call you names.

What you did to me was worse. It is one of the worst things any poster has ever done to me on a forum. You kicked me when I was down about my dog.

DragonStryk72
04-25-2012, 06:11 PM
No, I'm not a bully.

Did I ask if you accepted it? It doesn't matter if you accept it. A frog can refuse to accept it's a frog all it wants, but it won't change that it's a frog.

However, I want to focus on that last paragraph, because it is the root of your problems on this board. Since you refuse to trust anyone, you go into defensive mode, meaning that you're continually taking the worst possible interpretation of anything we say, and then of course, having done so, you go on the attack. When you go on that attack, people get angry at you, and point it out, which you take as vindication of your initial stance.

You are the one reinforcing your own pattern, and NVC has no remedy for that. This isn't a matter of non-violently confronting people, it's a matter of this anger you're holding onto. You need to learn how to let go of that anger you're carrying with you, so that you can stop seeing everyone on here as an enemy. It isn't the confronting bit that's at issue, it's the built up anger, frustration, and resentment that you've built up in the tank.

Wind Song
04-25-2012, 06:12 PM
Did I ask if you accepted it? It doesn't matter if you accept it. A frog can refuse to accept it's a frog all it wants, but it won't change that it's a frog.

However, I want to focus on that last paragraph, because it is the root of your problems on this board. Since you refuse to trust anyone, you go into defensive mode, meaning that you're continually taking the worst possible interpretation of anything we say, and then of course, having done so, you go on the attack. When you go on that attack, people get angry at you, and point it out, which you take as vindication of your initial stance.

You are the one reinforcing your own pattern, and NVC has no remedy for that. This isn't a matter of non-violently confronting people, it's a matter of this anger you're holding onto. You need to learn how to let go of that anger you're carrying with you, so that you can stop seeing everyone on here as an enemy. It isn't the confronting bit that's at issue, it's the built up anger, frustration, and resentment that you've built up in the tank.

Thank you.

Kathianne
04-25-2012, 06:13 PM
What you did to me was worse. It is one of the worst things any poster has ever done to me on a forum. You kicked me when I was down about my dog.

Wrong. Telling the truth is not wrong.

Wind Song
04-25-2012, 06:13 PM

Far from it. We have nothing in common. NOTHING. I don't find cruelty appealing.

Wind Song
04-25-2012, 06:18 PM
Which one of you would like to be my email contact? You can let me know when it's ok to come back. Sassy?

Dilloduck
04-25-2012, 06:32 PM

You mean like when they claim people want to arm all the children ?

She can't help it. She's still new at learning about non violent communication.

Wind Song
04-25-2012, 06:41 PM
Just about every time I think I've finally made some kind of human connection with you, Dillo, it goes three steps back.

Dilloduck
04-25-2012, 06:43 PM
Just about every time I think I've finally made some kind of human connection with you, Dillo, it goes three steps back.

Be glad it isn't 4 steps back. You're so negative.

SassyLady
04-25-2012, 06:44 PM
Which one of you would like to be my email contact? You can let me know when it's ok to come back. Sassy?

Thank you for asking me. Once again, if you are leaving of your own volition, then it is up to you to take responsibility for when you are ready to return. It is about you, Wind Song, not us. It is not our responsibility to determine when it's OK for you to return.

Wind Song
04-25-2012, 06:45 PM
Be glad it isn't 4 steps back. You're so negative.

I'm sorry you feel that way. Sounds like you'd prefer no contact. You got it.

Kathianne
04-25-2012, 06:46 PM
I'm sorry you feel that way.

I'm sorry that you are that way.

Wind Song
04-25-2012, 06:48 PM
Thank you for asking me. Once again, if you are leaving of your own volition, then it is up to you to take responsibility for when you are ready to return. It is about you, Wind Song, not us. It is not our responsibility to determine when it's OK for you to return.

Hmm. Well if what people are expecting is for me to morph into their perfect posting buddy, I don't that's realistic. I won't send you my email addie then.

I suspect that it's the length of time I stay on more than anything else. I've been on the forum all day today. Not a good idea.

Wind Song
04-25-2012, 06:51 PM
I'm sorry that you are that way.

Here's where we're different. I'm sorry you FEEL the way you do, you're sorry I AM who I am. You judge my total value as a human being based on what I post. It's a hateful response. It's cold hearted.

You could really benefit from getting some distance from feeling states and states of being and knowing the difference.

DragonStryk72
04-25-2012, 06:52 PM

WS, no one is telling you to go away. You're the only one who keeps trying to get driven off. You don't need to go away, you just need to start giving us the benefit of the doubt.

SassyLady
04-25-2012, 06:53 PM
Hmm. Well if what people are expecting is for me to morph into their perfect posting buddy, I don't that's realistic. I won't send you my email addie then.

I suspect that it's the length of time I stay on more than anything else. I've been on the forum all day today. Not a good idea.

Perfect posting buddy = boring. You can send me your email if you want to be friends and talk about things. I am merely telling you I won't be the one determining when it is "OK for you to return".

Wind Song
WS, no one is telling you to go away. You're the only one who keeps trying to get driven off. You don't need to go away, you just need to start giving us the benefit of the doubt.

I'm glad you feel that way. Other people differ. kathianne knows how to kick someone off a forum.

Kathianne
Here's where we're different. I'm sorry you FEEL the way you do, you're sorry I AM who I am. You judge my total value as a human being based on what I post. It's a hateful response. It's cold hearted.

You could really benefit from getting some distance from feeling states and states of being and knowing the difference.

hardly. You haven't a grip on me.

ConHog
04-25-2012, 06:55 PM

OMG get over it.

Let me tell you about a poster who deserves hate (but I only pity her.)

When I first joined the shit hole known as USMB a poster started PMing . Now I'd never posted on a political board and so didn't know about the drama and such. Anyway this poster and I talked for a few weeks, just friendly stuff but then I noticed that things I had told her were appearing on the open board.

So I of course asked her about it, and she denied it. I told her I didn't talk to people I couldn't trust and stopped PMing her. Two days later she's posting on the board that I am sending her disgusting PMs threatening her and talking dirty to her. Shortly thereafter several of her female "friends" were posting the same.

Now mind you, no such PM ever occurred and in fact no such PM was ever reported to the moderation staff, but that didn't seem to matter to the idiots on that board. I received several hundred PMs , some of them quite threatening , over this bitches lies.

Oh, but it got worse, not only did her lies have the entire board out to get me, not only did she have moderators banning me for absolutely no reason. She called my ISP, and my employer, AND my wife trying to cause problems.

All because why? I still have no idea what her deal was with blabbing private information or why she was never once reprimanded on that board, or why so many people just believed her stories absent ANY proof , but whatever. I pity her, I don't hate her.

Oh PS I didn't know it at the time, but Kath posted on USMB at the time under a different name and she to my knowledge NEVER took part in their stupid little games, nor did she ( I don't think anyway) hold that BS against me when I came over here. So, I think you're off base and too critical of Kath here.

Wind Song
04-25-2012, 06:57 PM
hardly. You haven't a grip on me.

Good. Keep your ice cold hands off me. You over identify feeling states with being. I get angry sometimes, but the anger isn't me. It's something in me that I'm aware of.

YOu think people ARE what they feel. You think I AM anger, or a bad person. I don't think anger is bad at all. It's a warning signal. When you attend to warning signal your car runs longer. It's not about turning off the red light. It's about discovering what's causing the light to go off.

Wind Song
04-25-2012, 06:59 PM
OMG get over it.

Let me tell you about a poster who deserves hate (but I only pity her.)

When I first joined the shit hole known as USMB a poster started PMing . Now I'd never posted on a political board and so didn't know about the drama and such. Anyway this poster and I talked for a few weeks, just friendly stuff but then I noticed that things I had told her were appearing on the open board.

So I of course asked her about it, and she denied it. I told her I didn't talk to people I couldn't trust and stopped PMing her. Two days later she's posting on the board that I am sending her disgusting PMs threatening her and talking dirty to her. Shortly thereafter several of her female "friends" were posting the same.

Now mind you, no such PM ever occurred and in fact no such PM was ever reported to the moderation staff, but that didn't seem to matter to the idiots on that board. I received several hundred PMs , some of them quite threatening , over this bitches lies.

Oh, but it got worse, not only did her lies have the entire board out to get me, not only did she have moderators banning me for absolutely no reason. She called my ISP, and my employer, AND my wife trying to cause problems.

All because why? I still have no idea what her deal was with blabbing private information or why she was never once reprimanded on that board, or why so many people just believed her stories absent ANY proof , but whatever. I pity her, I don't hate her.

Oh PS I didn't know it at the time, but Kath posted on USMB at the time under a different name and she to my knowledge NEVER took part in their stupid little games, nor did she ( I don't think anyway) hold that BS against me when I came over here. So, I think you're off base and too critical of Kath here.

You're entitled to your harsh and critical opinion.

Are you talking about Sy or Lucinda?

Kathianne
04-25-2012, 07:00 PM
Good. Keep your ice cold hands off me. You over identify feeling states with being. I get angry sometimes, but the anger isn't me. It's something in me that I'm aware of.

YOu think people ARE what they feel. You think I AM anger, or a bad person. I don't think anger is bad at all. It's a warning signal. When you attend to warning signal your car runs longer. It's not about turning off the red light. It's about discovering what's causing the light to go off.

So now you want 'us' 'me' to ignore your posts, for you don't mean what you post? Hello!!!

Dilloduck
04-25-2012, 07:00 PM
I'm sorry you feel that way. Sounds like you'd prefer no contact. You got it.

See how you did that ? Amazing

ConHog
04-25-2012, 07:01 PM

So you give no consideration to the possibility that it is YOU who are wrong when everyone else is telling you the same thing?

Wind Song
04-25-2012, 07:02 PM
So now you want 'us' 'me' to ignore your posts, for you don't mean what you post? Hello!!!

Yes, ignore my posts. Keep away from me. We'll get along just fine.

Wind Song
04-25-2012, 07:03 PM
So you give no consideration to the possibility that it is YOU who are wrong when everyone else is telling you the same thing?

I didn't say that at all. I've been talking to Sassy and Dragon and they're getting through to me. They're acting like friends and it's working. I have no problem admitting when I make mistakes.

Little-Acorn
04-25-2012, 07:03 PM

Gawd, she's still at it.

Dealing with a screaming baby is tedious at best.

But if it's your baby, it's worth doing anyway.

This person isn't.

Dilloduck
04-25-2012, 07:04 PM
MPD exists btw---better check your sources so you don't look foolish.

Wind Song
04-25-2012, 07:04 PM
See how you did that ? Amazing

That's not what you meant? Sounded like it to me. What is everything I post some kind of mocking opportunity for you?

Wind Song
04-25-2012, 07:05 PM
MPD exists btw---better check your sources so you don't look foolish.

Check the research. Sybil was a fraud, a hoax. MPD is a bogus diagnosis based on bad science. Sybil admitted the personalities were a hoax. Her ambitious psychiatrist manipulated the whole thing.

Wind Song
04-25-2012, 07:08 PM
“Sybil Exposed: The Extraordinary Story Behind the Famous Multiple Personality Case,” Nathan draws on a cache of letters at the John Jay College of Criminal Justice that reveals how three women (all now dead) created what they called “Sybil Inc.” for fun, fame and profit.
Sybil’s real name was Shirley Mason. She was a jittery girl who grew up quivering in a Minnesota family of Seventh-day Adventists who believed that the world was about to end and that any fiction divorced from God’s truth was a sin. As a little girl, she was so terrified of God’s watchful eye that, when she made up stories, she hid this habit from her parents. She was also made to participate in a health fad of the day, the “internal bath,” or enema. She developed a germ phobia and at one point examined her hands obsessively.

As a student in New York City in the 1950s, she met a Park Avenue therapist named Cornelia “Connie” Wilbur. The two women adored each other even as Connie gradually got Shirley hooked on a series of “therapeutic” drugs, many of them new and seemingly wondrous, including Seconal, Demerol, Edrisal and Daprisal. (The last two were so addictive that they were soon banned.) Connie also strongly believed in giving patients Pentathol, which invariably got them blabbing, sometimes about fantasies that could not possibly have occurred. Still, the drug was widely believed to be a “truth serum.”

One day, Shirley started talking about blackouts in which, she claimed, she became others with various names and personalities -- Peggy Lou, Peggy Ann, Vicky, etc.
Fascinated, Connie offered, “Would you like to earn some money?” She suggested that her patient could be the subject of a book. Connie offered to pay Shirley’s medical-school tuition and living expenses.
The personality split was a lie, Shirley confessed in a five-page 1958 letter that sits in the archives at John Jay. She said she was “none of the things I have pretended to be.”
Shirley continued, “I do not have any multiple personalities ... I do not even have a ‘double’ ... I am all of them. I have essentially been lying ... as trying to show you I felt I needed help ... Quite thrilling. Got me a lot of attention.”

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/sybil_is_one_big_psych_out_NaIEczKkVakx8ZLLi7GQPI# ixzz1t6IYzXVn

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/sybil_is_one_big_psych_out_NaIEczKkVakx8ZLLi7GQPI# ixzz1t6I3awJb

Kathianne
04-25-2012, 07:09 PM
Yes, ignore my posts. Keep away from me. We'll get along just fine.

You agree then, you lie. How non-Buddhist and violent of you.

Wind Song
04-25-2012, 07:12 PM
You agree then, you lie. How non-Buddhist and violent of you.

I agree? About what? What have I lied about? I suggested that we stay away from each other. Are we agreed? You don't answer my posts and I won't answer yours.

It's as if we're dead to each other on this forum.

How about it?

Kathianne
04-25-2012, 07:14 PM
I agree? About what? What have I lied about? I suggested that we stay away from each other. Are we agreed? You don't answer my posts and I won't answer yours.

How about it?

I'm not dead, never thought you were. So, read back from your posts.

ConHog
04-25-2012, 07:16 PM

How about it?

IF that were what you really wanted you would place her on ignore and get on with your day.

Now, you're not alone, we all have people who we can't stand to post without but that's the truth, you no more want to ignore Kath than I want to.

Wind Song
04-25-2012, 07:18 PM
I'm not dead, never though you were. So, read back from your posts.

OK, you're dead to me. I won't read any more of your posts or respond to them.
:angel:

Wind Song
04-25-2012, 07:19 PM
IF that were what you really wanted you would place her on ignore and get on with your day.

Now, you're not alone, we all have people who we can't stand to post without but that's the truth, you no more want to ignore Kath than I want to.

I just placed her on ignore now.
:fu:

Mr. P
04-25-2012, 07:20 PM
OK, you're dead to me. I won't read any more of your posts or respond to them.
:angel:

Yeah, and you left the site, what, last week? But DAMN yer back. There must be something here you need or aspire to. No?