PDA

View Full Version : Starbucks and Guns

Pages : 1 2 [3]

Wind Song
04-25-2012, 07:22 PM
Yeah, and you left the site, what, last week? But DAMN yer back. There must be something here you need or aspire to. No?

I came back just to bug you cause you wanted me to stay away.

ConHog
04-25-2012, 07:27 PM
I just placed her on ignore now.
:fu:

I put the over/under at one week before you're responding to her again.

By the way.........:fu: ? how violent.

Mr. P
04-25-2012, 07:27 PM
I came back just to bug you cause you wanted me to stay away.

What yer a mind reader? I thought you were a Buddhist, lesbian with issues.

Now seriously, I think you'd have fun here IF you read and think a bit and then post, instead of the repetitive mindless BS you spout. Just sayin.

Kathianne
04-25-2012, 07:29 PM
OK, you're dead to me. I won't read any more of your posts or respond to them.
:angel:

Cool with me.

Kathianne
04-25-2012, 07:31 PM
I just placed her on ignore now.
:fu:

Funny there, I've been ignoring you for a long time, no need to hit an 'ignore' button. I chose to respond, after so many posts directed at me, named and unnamed.

Wind Song
04-25-2012, 07:31 PM
I put the over/under at one week before you're responding to her again.

By the way.........:fu: ? how violent.

I am absolutely going to enjoy my violence without judging it. It's serving some need and once I figure out what that is I won't need it anymore.

Wind Song
04-25-2012, 07:32 PM
What yer a mind reader? I thought you were a Buddhist, lesbian with issues.

Now seriously, I think you'd have fun here IF you read and think a bit and then post, instead of the repetitive mindless BS you spout. Just sayin.

I have fun here. Maybe you don't enjoy me, but I enjoy my time here.

Mr. P
04-25-2012, 07:35 PM
I am absolutely going to enjoy my violence without judging it. It's serving some need and once I figure out what that is I won't need it anymore.

OMG, I'm glad you don't have a....GUN! Do you drive? Cars are weapons, ya know? You shouldn't drive, I feel uncomfortable with that.

Dilloduck
04-25-2012, 07:36 PM
“Sybil Exposed: The Extraordinary Story Behind the Famous Multiple Personality Case,” Nathan draws on a cache of letters at the John Jay College of Criminal Justice that reveals how three women (all now dead) created what they called “Sybil Inc.” for fun, fame and profit.
Sybil’s real name was Shirley Mason. She was a jittery girl who grew up quivering in a Minnesota family of Seventh-day Adventists who believed that the world was about to end and that any fiction divorced from God’s truth was a sin. As a little girl, she was so terrified of God’s watchful eye that, when she made up stories, she hid this habit from her parents. She was also made to participate in a health fad of the day, the “internal bath,” or enema. She developed a germ phobia and at one point examined her hands obsessively.

As a student in New York City in the 1950s, she met a Park Avenue therapist named Cornelia “Connie” Wilbur. The two women adored each other even as Connie gradually got Shirley hooked on a series of “therapeutic” drugs, many of them new and seemingly wondrous, including Seconal, Demerol, Edrisal and Daprisal. (The last two were so addictive that they were soon banned.) Connie also strongly believed in giving patients Pentathol, which invariably got them blabbing, sometimes about fantasies that could not possibly have occurred. Still, the drug was widely believed to be a “truth serum.”

One day, Shirley started talking about blackouts in which, she claimed, she became others with various names and personalities -- Peggy Lou, Peggy Ann, Vicky, etc.
Fascinated, Connie offered, “Would you like to earn some money?” She suggested that her patient could be the subject of a book. Connie offered to pay Shirley’s medical-school tuition and living expenses.
The personality split was a lie, Shirley confessed in a five-page 1958 letter that sits in the archives at John Jay. She said she was “none of the things I have pretended to be.”
Shirley continued, “I do not have any multiple personalities ... I do not even have a ‘double’ ... I am all of them. I have essentially been lying ... as trying to show you I felt I needed help ... Quite thrilling. Got me a lot of attention.”

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/sybil_is_one_big_psych_out_NaIEczKkVakx8ZLLi7GQPI# ixzz1t6IYzXVn

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/sybil_is_one_big_psych_out_NaIEczKkVakx8ZLLi7GQPI# ixzz1t6I3awJb

http://www.didmpdinfo.com/DSMIV.html

Wind Song
04-25-2012, 07:38 PM
OMG, I'm glad you don't have a....GUN! Do you drive? Cars are weapons, ya know? You shouldn't drive, I feel uncomfortable with that.

I drive. I don't have road rage.

Kathianne
04-25-2012, 07:39 PM

BS, if you knew I was on a road and you could harm me, you've made it clear you would.

DragonStryk72
04-25-2012, 07:43 PM
I'm glad you feel that way. Other people differ. kathianne knows how to kick someone off a forum.

And how much of your issues with Kath are made worse by your own part in the thing?

Mr. P
04-25-2012, 07:46 PM

I didn't mention road rage. You have a deadly weapon and you have anger. I FEEL uncomfortable about that. There should be a law I think, to keep you OFF the public highway! Just sayin

Kathianne
04-25-2012, 08:00 PM
I didn't mention road rage. You have a deadly weapon and you have anger. I FEEL uncomfortable about that. There should be a law I think, to keep you OFF the public highway! Just sayin

YOU feel uncomfortable? She's said how many times she 'hates me?' Then basically issues a stop posting or else. You are uncomfortable?

jimnyc
04-25-2012, 08:03 PM
I only have road rage until I medicate myself. :beer:

Wind Song
04-25-2012, 10:31 PM
And how much of your issues with Kath are made worse by your own part in the thing?

50%.

Wind Song
04-25-2012, 10:32 PM

I don't drive when I'm angry.

Wind Song
04-25-2012, 10:54 PM

Be afraid. Be very afraid. I'm comin for ya. I'm dangerous.

ConHog
04-25-2012, 10:58 PM
Be afraid. Be very afraid. I'm comin for ya.

Sounds like a threat. We dont know you well enough to know when you're joking

Wind Song
04-25-2012, 10:59 PM

If you think its a threat, report the post.

SassyLady
04-25-2012, 11:06 PM

Yes we do!! She is a pacifist who does not believe in violence, therefore, it was just a joke.

My response to reading her post was .... be careful - you don't know what might be waiting when you get here! I have the NVC book after all.

ConHog
04-25-2012, 11:10 PM
If you think its a threat, report the post.

God youre dense i was making fun of you for saying that everytime someone posts a joke that flies over your head

Wind Song
04-25-2012, 11:11 PM
God youre dense i was making fun of you for saying that everytime someone posts a joke that flies over your head

I think I scare the crap out of you.

SassyLady
04-26-2012, 12:27 AM
I think I scare the crap out of you.

:panicsmiley:

tailfins
04-26-2012, 08:40 AM
I don't drive when I'm angry.

I'll bet you have a public transport pass.

Wind Song
04-26-2012, 08:43 AM
I'll bet you have a public transport pass.

No.

fj1200
04-26-2012, 09:04 AM
I'm not biting. I have no intention of discussing marriage equality or any other civil rights issue about gays in this thread. I regret coming out on this forum. I wonder how a black person would feel posting on this forum and trying to discuss racism.

I daresay that EVERYONE would condemn racism (http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/racism). I would hope that you do continue to discuss marriage equality and civil rights about gays as long as it's not rote repetition.

fj1200
04-26-2012, 09:11 AM
You have a point. I'm the one who is responsible for making myself feel safe and secure. I do that, by avoiding violence.

You're not avoiding violence, you're avoiding your own profiling.

tailfins
04-26-2012, 09:12 AM
I daresay that EVERYONE would condemn racism (http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/racism). I would hope that you do continue to discuss marriage equality and civil rights about gays as long as it's not rote repetition.

If it's rote repetition she desires, I would recommend Selenium. I would even respect her more if she had the wherewithal to successfully use it. http://seleniumhq.org/ If someone actually tries this, I hope Jim doesn't kill me.

fj1200
04-26-2012, 09:17 AM
No, the boycott and the buycott are equally politically active protest and legal in our country. What you propose is that the gun folks have MORE of a right to meet in Starbucks than the anti-gun violence activists.

I'm pretty sure the "right" that Starbucks provides is based on a willingness to purchase coffee. The point of the boycott is to NOT buy coffee which means that they can be asked to leave.

Wind Song
04-26-2012, 09:32 AM

Thanks.

Trigg
04-26-2012, 06:28 PM
Any time you want to talk TO me instead of ABOUT me...just sayin...

You are a tedious person to talk to.............you don't listen to constructive criticism, and unlike my mother, I don't have to try to apease you. :salute:

Wind Song
04-26-2012, 06:32 PM
You are a tedious person to talk to.............you don't listen to constructive criticism, and unlike my mother, I don't have to try to apease you. :salute:

Rest up.

I'm open to criticism and advice when I ask for it. I pay attention to Sassy's advice.

Trigg
04-26-2012, 06:43 PM
Rest up.

I'm open to criticism and advice when I ask for it. I pay attention to Sassy's advice.

Few people ASK for constructive criticism.

You are on a message board, where criticism, even if it's not constructive, is freely given.

Wind Song
04-26-2012, 06:50 PM
Few people ASK for constructive criticism.

You are on a message board, where criticism, even if it's not constructive, is freely given.

If I want your criticism I will ask for it. Too many people are quick to judge and criticize before clarifying someone's position. I think that is counterproductive. JMO.

jimnyc
04-26-2012, 07:00 PM
If I want your criticism I will ask for it. Too many people are quick to judge and criticize before clarifying someone's position. I think that is counterproductive. JMO.

People need not wait for permission to criticize or critique. If someone makes posts here, they should be prepared for both positive and negative feedback, depending on HOW and WHAT they post. But we can't hardly dictate who can and cannot criticize us for our positions. That kind of defeats the purpose of a "message" board and the fact that this is "debate" policy.

Wind Song
04-26-2012, 07:04 PM
People need not wait for permission to criticize or critique. If someone makes posts here, they should be prepared for both positive and negative feedback, depending on HOW and WHAT they post. But we can't hardly dictate who can and cannot criticize us for our positions. That kind of defeats the purpose of a "message" board and the fact that this is "debate" policy.

I'm not accepting any criticism unless it comes at my invitation to people I respect. Sassy and Peach are two people I really respect here and their criticism is always welcome.

Peach
04-26-2012, 07:05 PM
I'd feel the exact opposite. I don't want to live in an 1800's wild west town.

Nor do I; the idea scares me. Unless the individuals are law enforcement personnel.

jimnyc
04-26-2012, 07:06 PM
I'm not accepting any criticism unless it comes at my invitation to people I respect.

You sometimes post like a bitch and an asshole.

See how that works? You just got critiqued and you didn't even have to ask for it! Now, you can whine again and state you're not talking to me, and that's cool, but get it through your head that you simply can't dictate what others say here?

You talk down to 99.999% of the board and then have the audacity to tell others they can't criticize you without your permission? Fuck that and you! :lol::laugh2:

ConHog
04-26-2012, 07:09 PM
You sometimes post like a bitch and an asshole.

See how that works? You just got critiqued and you didn't even have to ask for it! Now, you can whine again and state you're not talking to me, and that's cool, but get it through your head that you simply can't dictate what others say here?

You talk down to 99.999% of the board and then have the audacity to tell others they can't criticize you without your permission? Fuck that and you! :lol::laugh2:

The sad thing is , I bet you WOULD fuck Windy you dirty fuck. LOL

jimnyc
04-26-2012, 07:11 PM
The sad thing is , I bet you WOULD fuck Windy you dirty fuck. LOL

I'd spank that ass and make her scream my name! :lol:

Wind Song
04-26-2012, 07:11 PM
Nor do I; the idea scares me. Unless the individuals are law enforcement personnel.

We're the only two people on this forum that feel that way.

Kathianne
04-26-2012, 07:13 PM

Nope, Peach must stand alone, you already posted you do not trust law enforcement. Remember?

jimnyc
04-26-2012, 07:13 PM

Wait a minute.... I'm wondering.... I'll be back in a few....

Peach
04-26-2012, 07:17 PM
Nope, Peach must stand alone, you already posted you do not trust law enforcement. Remember?

I DO. But not teenagers OR adults carrying guns into retail shopping businesses.

Kathianne
04-26-2012, 07:18 PM
I DO. But not teenagers OR adults carrying guns into retail shopping businesses.

I do believe your post was on law enforcement?

Wind Song
04-26-2012, 07:18 PM

I trust LE, just not EVERY officer in my county. You'll find this forum to be very pro NRA.

jimnyc
04-26-2012, 07:25 PM

You won't find many places with teenagers having carry licenses. And the extreme overwhelming majority of gun owners, and especially those qualified to carry, are well trained and responsible. While crime will always exist, and you'll always have gun crimes, it's a fact that in any given area, well armed citizenry reduces crime and gun crimes too.

So while I can respect your and WS's wonderful sentiments, your fears are really against reality.

Wind Song
04-26-2012, 07:26 PM
What?

jimnyc
04-26-2012, 07:30 PM
What?

What to what? I was responding to Peach, so I hope you're not directing that at me. I'll try someone I hope is a little more reasonable.

ConHog
04-26-2012, 07:37 PM
I'd spank that ass and make her scream my name! :lol:

I GUARANTEE that if you spanked Dorothy during sex she would file assault charges.

Wind Song
04-26-2012, 08:21 PM
I GUARANTEE that if you spanked Dorothy during sex she would file assault charges.

I guarantee you that I wouldn't be having consensual sex with him. Assault charges would be appropriate.

jimnyc
04-26-2012, 08:36 PM
I guarantee you that I wouldn't be having consensual sex with him. Assault charges would be appropriate.

WAY WAY WAY too much work and nagging. I'd hire a hooker in a NY minute before getting involved with a perpetual victim type of person.

ConHog
04-26-2012, 09:07 PM

Sky, do you REALLY not possess ANY sense of humor? No one here really thinks that you and Jim would have sex. We're making fun of HIM, the poor guy is so hardup he'd even try to have sex with a lesbian who doesn't even like him as a person.... Now here's the thing , Jim KNOWS we're making fun of him; but does he get all pissy and carry on? No he laughs at himself and then wanders off to another thread and takes a shot at those who got him......

Why can't you do the same, I keep trying to tell you this isn't USMB and we don't (usually) get all personal like they do over there.

Wind Song
04-26-2012, 09:10 PM
WAY WAY WAY too much work and nagging. I'd hire a hooker in a NY minute before getting involved with a perpetual victim type of person.

Jim

Do you have women friends that you don't fuck? Is fucking you a requirement for every woman you know?

Wind Song
04-26-2012, 09:11 PM
Sky, do you REALLY not possess ANY sense of humor? No one here really thinks that you and Jim would have sex. We're making fun of HIM, the poor guy is so hardup he'd even try to have sex with a lesbian who doesn't even like him as a person.... Now here's the thing , Jim KNOWS we're making fun of him; but does he get all pissy and carry on? No he laughs at himself and then wanders off to another thread and takes a shot at those who got him......

Why can't you do the same, I keep trying to tell you this isn't USMB and we don't (usually) get all personal like they do over there.

kath got damn personal and kicked me when I was really down about my dog. She and catzmeow are identical as far as I'm concerned.

tailfins
04-26-2012, 09:15 PM

I have a question for you: I have had almost zero exposure to the word "dyke". It apparently is a major league put down. I was raised around Fundamentalists that used the word "sodomite". Which do you consider worse?

fj1200
04-26-2012, 09:16 PM

That's unfortunate, the reality is that it was quite safe. I think there are a couple of links regarding same on this very thread.

ConHog
04-26-2012, 09:24 PM
I have a question for you: I have had almost zero exposure to the word "dyke". It apparently is a major league put down. I was raised around Fundamentalists that used the word "sodomite". Which do you consider worse?

Not all sodomites are homosexual. You realize that don't you?

ConHog
04-26-2012, 09:25 PM
kath got damn personal and kicked me when I was really down about my dog. She and catzmeow are identical as far as I'm concerned.

who the hell is catzmeow? As far as Kath getting personal, I'd say you telling someone you hate their guts is pretty personal as well.......

Wind Song
04-26-2012, 09:29 PM

You're kidding. It's a major putdown to call a lesbian a "dyke" especially in anger. I've had that happen to me and it's horrible. When I lived in Portland, my wife and I were well liked in the neighborhood, (a multi-racial, multi-ethnic neighborhood, where we are usually most comfortable) and some drunk guy nearly ran us both down in front of all the neighbors calling us "fucking dykes".

It was so awkward. None of us said anything. It was witnessed by everyone and no one could quite recover from it to say anything.

"Sodomite" is a religious term, it may be more offensive to gay men than lesbians.

People here deliberately calling me anti-gay slurs when they're mad at me isn't easy to deal with.

My dad was gay, and very unhappy, and he committed suicide, largely because of the cruelty of others toward him.

Dilloduck
04-26-2012, 09:36 PM
If he was on an internet forum at the time maybe you could sue the site for bullying him.

Wind Song
04-26-2012, 09:38 PM
who the hell is catzmeow? As far as Kath getting personal, I'd say you telling someone you hate their guts is pretty personal as well.......

True. I should have said I hate what she did. That would be more accurate.

Wind Song
04-26-2012, 09:39 PM
If he was on an internet forum at the time maybe you could sue the site for bullying him.

What are you talking about? Another non sequitur from pillowpuck.

Dilloduck
04-26-2012, 09:41 PM
What are you talking about? Another non sequitur from pillowpuck.

If he got bullied into suicide there maybe a way for you to seek justice.

Wind Song
04-26-2012, 09:41 PM
If he got bullied into suicide there maybe a way for you to seek justice.

What are you talking about?

Dilloduck
04-26-2012, 09:43 PM
What are you talking about?

You father---the one who got bullied--he was gay----people were mean to him---he killed himself.------Are you with me so far?

Wind Song
04-26-2012, 09:45 PM
You father---the one who got bullied--he was gay----people were mean to him---he killed himself.------Are you with me so far?

Yes.

ConHog
04-26-2012, 09:48 PM

I see where you're going with this, please drop it.

Dilloduck
04-26-2012, 09:48 PM
Yes.

Did you think about a lawsuit to teach the bullies a lesson.

Wind Song
04-26-2012, 10:17 PM
Did you think about a lawsuit to teach the bullies a lesson.

No, I didn't think of that. It never crossed my mind. I was in shock for at least six months. That's the reason I became a Buddhist, my father's suicide.

It's also the reason I decided to live openly as a lesbian. It's why I have such a giant chip on my shoulder. I lost my Daddy to anti-gay cruelty.

Dilloduck
04-26-2012, 10:30 PM
No, I didn't think of that. It never crossed my mind. I was in shock for at least six months. That's the reason I became a Buddhist, my father's suicide.

It's also the reason I decided to live openly as a lesbian. It's why I have such a giant chip on my shoulder. I lost my Daddy to anti-gay cruelty.

I wonder if you are losing anything else due to the giant chip. I know that you don't care. I'm just wondering what else it has cost you.

logroller
04-27-2012, 03:20 AM
How would you feel going in for your latte and finding all the other patrons armed to the teeth?

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/2012/0216/How-Starbucks-became-the-darling-of-American-gun-owners
I'd feel confident they'd get my order quickly, politely and accurately; same as usual.
are you implying you'd feel uncomfortable; why?
I could pose an alternate question, how would you feel if you walked into a Starbucks and found every patron vehemently queer?

In either scenario, so long as no guy points his gun at me I'm cool as a cucumber.

tailfins
04-27-2012, 07:39 AM
You're kidding. It's a major putdown to call a lesbian a "dyke" especially in anger.

The first time I remember hearing the term was from a girl I was dating in college. She told me she was one and used that term. I thought she was giving me the brush off. She said I could still date her, but wanted me to know what I was getting and why it would never go beyond kissing.

Wind Song
04-27-2012, 08:08 AM
I wonder if you are losing anything else due to the giant chip. I know that you don't care. I'm just wondering what else it has cost you.

Hmm

Peach
04-27-2012, 07:33 PM
Hmm

I see no "chip"....do I need stronger glasses? :laugh: