PDA

View Full Version : Surprise - Romney wins Connecticut & RI

jimnyc
04-24-2012, 07:36 PM
It almost seems as if people are already forgetting about the primaries since Santorum dropped out of the race. Really all that's left now is a VP pick, a shitload of rhetoric and November awaits!

WASHINGTON (AP) — Mitt Romney has won the Republican presidential primaries in Connecticut and Rhode Island.

They are the first in a string of five state primaries being held Tuesday. The others are in New York, Pennsylvania and Delaware.

The five primaries are the first since Rick Santorum suspended his presidential campaign two weeks ago — essentially conceding the GOP nomination to Romney.

Romney is still more than 400 GOP national convention delegates shy of the nominating majority he needs.

There are 209 delegates at stake in Tuesday's primaries. Romney started the day with 698 delegates, compared with 260 for Santorum, 137 for Newt Gingrich and 75 for Ron Paul.

Romney needs 1,144 to formally gain the nomination this summer at the party's convention.

http://news.yahoo.com/romney-wins-gop-primaries-connecticut-ri-002508964.html

fj1200
04-24-2012, 09:22 PM
And Gingrich is getting around to "reassessing" his campaign. :facepalm99:

Peach
04-26-2012, 06:28 PM
And Gingrich is getting around to "reassessing" his campaign. :facepalm99:

WHO will BE the VP pick?

Wind Song
04-26-2012, 06:31 PM
A woman?

Trigg
04-26-2012, 06:45 PM
I'm still pulling for Mitch Daniels, although I know he isn't going to accept.

Other than that............Rubio seems to have a good head on his shoulders or Chris Christy

Peach
04-26-2012, 06:45 PM
After Palin, Romney might hesitate..............................

Trigg
04-26-2012, 07:41 PM

yep...he'd have to pick someone strong and right now I"m at a loss to think of a strong woman candidate.

jimnyc
04-26-2012, 08:04 PM

Palin obviously had more experience than Obama's 143 days of "present" votes before he ran for president and ignored his senate position. And I can guarantee you that it would be virtually impossible for Palin to have made the economy any worse than Obama has!!

jimnyc
04-26-2012, 08:07 PM
yep...he'd have to pick someone strong and right now I"m at a loss to think of a strong woman candidate.

Condi, baggage and all would run circles not only around Biden, but Obama too, and likely his entire administration.

SassyLady
04-26-2012, 08:33 PM
Condi, baggage and all would run circles not only around Biden, but Obama too, and likely his entire administration.

She already said no thanks.

Abbey Marie
04-27-2012, 12:44 PM
The more I think about it, the more Rubio makes sense. I hear he's likable, and he may be able to deliver Florida and more of the Hispanic vote.

I went to see Romney speak in PA last week, (couldn't find parking close enough and left), and he had Rubio with him. Perhaps that is an indication of Romney's intentions...

Thunderknuckles
04-27-2012, 01:18 PM
Palin also made it clear that you do not pick a VP who will turn attention away from the presidential candidate and onto themselves.
For that reason alone, I think Chris Christie is out. The man is too outspoken and in your face. He has the makings of a presidential candidate himself.
Mitch Daniels, Rubio, etc are safer choices. It really depends on the vetting and if any skeletons will be found.
As for women, I don't see any out there right now. Condi may have been a good choice if she wanted it but she would have some issues with the cloud of Bush sitting over her. I know Romney has some women on his list but I don't think they are on the short list.

Peach
04-27-2012, 08:00 PM
Palin just endorsed Lugar's opponent. What a crock she is.

fj1200
04-27-2012, 10:23 PM
Lugar's opponent is running against Romney? :confused:

SassyLady
04-27-2012, 10:28 PM
Palin just endorsed Lugar's opponent. What a crock she is.

Color me stupid .... but who is Lugar?

fj1200
04-27-2012, 10:29 PM
Senator from IN. Apparently it's a crock that he should suffer a primary challenge.