PDA

View Full Version : History: Black Women and Rape

Wind Song
04-26-2012, 10:24 AM
Once upon a time, it wasn't a crime to rape a black woman.
"The movement to end sexual violence in the lives of Black women in the U.S. is inextricably connected to the Civil Rights movement. We cannot effectively discuss the issue of sexual assault in Black communities without acknowledging the direct war that was waged against Black women through rape during slavery and the Jim Crow era."

"The Department of Justice estimates that for every white woman that reports her rape, at least 5 white women do not report theirs; and yet, for every African-American woman that reports her rape, at least 15 African-American women do not report theirs."

http://www.forbes.com/sites/shenegotiates/2012/04/25/black-women-sexual-assault-and-the-art-of-resistance/

Dilloduck
04-26-2012, 10:30 AM
Once upon a time, it wasn't a crime to rape a black woman.
"The movement to end sexual violence in the lives of Black women in the U.S. is inextricably connected to the Civil Rights movement. We cannot effectively discuss the issue of sexual assault in Black communities without acknowledging the direct war that was waged against Black women through rape during slavery and the Jim Crow era."

"The Department of Justice estimates that for every white woman that reports her rape, at least 5 white women do not report theirs; and yet, for every African-American woman that reports her rape, at least 15 African-American women do not report theirs."

http://www.forbes.com/sites/shenegotiates/2012/04/25/black-women-sexual-assault-and-the-art-of-resistance/

Who is responsible for getting black rape victims to report it?

jimnyc
04-26-2012, 10:32 AM
Great, another thread where blacks are victims more so than whites.

They are responsible for reporting it themselves. Unless you think poor whitey needs to visit them daily for reports.

Dilloduck
04-26-2012, 10:34 AM
Great, another thread where blacks are victims more so than whites.

They are responsible for reporting it themselves. Unless you think poor whitey needs to visit them daily for reports.

Well our mistreatment of them destroyed them and the evidence is apparently all around us today.

Wind Song
04-26-2012, 10:35 AM
What's impressive is the role that black women have had in the rape crisis movement.

gabosaurus
Jeez Wind Song, the Civil Rights movement ended 50 years ago. Black people can take of themselves. You do not need to speak for them.
That being said, there is ZERO reason for this thread.

jimnyc
What's impressive is the role that black women have had in the rape crisis movement.

I'd say that white women that have been abused, or raped, and their commitment to the movement has been pretty impressive as well.

Wind Song
04-26-2012, 10:40 AM
I'd say that white women that have been abused, or raped, and their commitment to the movement has been pretty impressive as well.

Sure. Give black women credit for being at the forefront of the movement. US Law once made it legal for black women to be raped.

jimnyc
04-26-2012, 10:42 AM
Sure. Give black women credit for being at the forefront of the movement. US Law once made it legal for black women to be raped.

When did this change from being legal, to being illegal? And what does it have to do with black women not reporting crimes TODAY? I'm betting it's because the percentage of black men who beat their women is astronomically higher than whites. They place them in fear and probably keep them from "doing the right thing".

Dilloduck
04-26-2012, 10:43 AM

Which law said it was legal to rape black women?

jimnyc
04-26-2012, 10:44 AM

This is a good question, WS - can you please cite the prior law for us that legalized rape against black women?

Wind Song
04-26-2012, 10:45 AM

Let me check that for you. It's related to slavery.

As early as 1660 in Colonial America laws encouraged the "sexual tyranny" of African American slaves by slave owners to enhance owners' economic and social gain. Slave owners especially victimized African American women; offspring from the rape of African American women slaves by slave owners increased slave populations and owners' holdings. Moral justification for the sexual oppression and exploitation of African American slaves stemmed from 15th century Christian missionary attitudes that vilified the "sexual appetite" of Africans. Stereotypes about male African American sexual prowess and the sexual promiscuity of female African Americans linger to this day. Until slavery was abolished, African American slaves had no legal recourse for rape. After slavery, the American legal system treated the rape of African American and White women differently; African American women's sexual assaults were not taken as seriously.
http://www.musc.edu/vawprevention/research/sociocultural.shtml

Dilloduck
04-26-2012, 10:47 AM

When slavery was legal you could basically kill a slave without being convicted. Do you think you are educating us on something here?

jimnyc
04-26-2012, 10:47 AM

As early as 1660 in Colonial America laws encouraged the "sexual tyranny" of African American slaves by slave owners to enhance owners' economic and social gain. Slave owners especially victimized African American women; offspring from the rape of African American women slaves by slave owners increased slave populations and owners' holdings. Moral justification for the sexual oppression and exploitation of African American slaves stemmed from 15th century Christian missionary attitudes that vilified the "sexual appetite" of Africans. Stereotypes about male African American sexual prowess and the sexual promiscuity of female African Americans linger to this day. Until slavery was abolished, African American slaves had no legal recourse for rape. After slavery, the American legal system treated the rape of African American and White women differently; African American women's sexual assaults were not taken as seriously.

I don't see anything in there about laws...

And how long ago was this? And you're still whining about it now? What does this have to do with TODAY and black women not reporting rapes?

Wind Song
04-26-2012, 10:48 AM
The effect of race on patterns of disclosure of sexual assault

African American subjects were significantly less likely than their White counterparts to have disclosed incidents of sexual assault prior to the present study.
Few African American (23%) and similarly few White victims (31%) had reported their sexual assaults to police or rape centers. African American women were slightly more likely to have withheld reports of attempted rape from authorities.
African American women victims reported slightly less support when they disclosed their assaults to a confidant than White victims reported receiving.
Race and the impact of sexual assault on victims

African American subjects were significantly more likely than White subjects to blame their living circumstances for placing them at risk for victimization.
African American subjects tended to be the victims of repeated sexual assaults slightly more often than White subjects. This has implications for recovery from rape.
White victims of sexual assault were significantly more likely than African American victims to engage in a broad range of sexual behaviors including oral and anal sex, extramarital affairs, many sex partners and short-term sexual relationships.
African American subjects were significantly more likely than White subjects to have heard sexual and racial stereotypes regarding what kinds of women are likely to be raped. This may indicate that society conveys stereotypes about rape to African Americans more than to Whites.

jimnyc
04-26-2012, 10:48 AM
More victim crap. WS likes Trayvon and black women who've been raped, as she can associate herself with other "victims".

Wind Song
04-26-2012, 10:51 AM
More stories related to the work WS does. The subject is of interest to women.

Dilloduck
04-26-2012, 10:51 AM

I don't see a law cited there.

ConHog
04-26-2012, 10:52 AM

That is incorrect. there was NEVER a US law making rape of any kind legal. It would be correct to say that in the age of slavery blacks were not protected by the laws to the same extent that whites are , but there was NEVER a law allowing the rape of blacks.

A similar case is that at one time in this country marital rape wasn't illegal. That doesn't mean there was a law encouraging or allowing marital rape, just that there was no law against it.

fj1200
04-26-2012, 10:53 AM

You mentioned Jim Crow as well...

jimnyc
04-26-2012, 10:55 AM
More stories related to the work WS does. The subject is of interest to women.

Oh, I didn't realize where you work you only helped black women. I thought white women who were raped, even if reported more often, were just as heinous.

Wind Song
04-26-2012, 10:58 AM
I don't see a law cited there.

See Slave Codes.

ConHog
04-26-2012, 10:59 AM
Oh, I didn't realize where you work you only helped black women. I thought white women who were raped, even if reported more often, were just as heinous.

Even when WS has a valid point she has to be wrong. It IS a valid point that too many rapes go unreported, and if she wants to start a thread about that fine; but why throw skin color into the equation? Why reference things from 150 years ago as if some black woman today after being raped thinks "oh lawdy lawdy I besta not report mastah or i gets a whuppin."

There are MANY reasons why women today don't report rapes, and I'd bet NONE of them have to do with skin color.

DragonStryk72
04-26-2012, 10:59 AM
It's difficult for rape victims to come forward, even though they know that there are people who would understand and listen to them. Male/Female, Black/White, it doesn't matter, rape is hard to discuss. The person feels shame that they weren't able to fight off their attackers, or that maybe they orgasmed during it. At the very least, there is the sheer violation of it, and in situations where the person did orgasm, they can add that their own body betrayed them, the feeling that there is something wrong, or broken, in them that they would "like" something like that.

Unfortunately, as humans, we most usually hide our serious hurts from others, despite being social animals.

jimnyc
04-26-2012, 11:01 AM
Even when WS has a valid point she has to be wrong. It IS a valid point that too many rapes go unreported, and if she wants to start a thread about that fine; but why throw skin color into the equation? Why reference things from 150 years ago as if some black woman today after being raped thinks "oh lawdy lawdy I besta not report mastah or i gets a whuppin."

There are MANY reasons why women today don't report rapes, and I'd bet NONE of them have to do with skin color.

Because in the manner she would like to address things, it makes for better victims. It's impossible in her little world for ALL to be victims.

Wind Song
04-26-2012, 11:02 AM
http://angryblacklady.com/2012/02/23/rick-perrys-texas-state-sanctioned-rape-of-women-by-deaniemills/

jimnyc
04-26-2012, 11:03 AM
"angry black lady" and "Tea Baggers"

No wonder you are fucked in the head when you read this garbage! :lol::laugh2:

fj1200
04-26-2012, 11:03 AM

You'd probably lose that bet:

Through the filmmaking process, she discovered that racism played a significant role in survivors’ reactions to rape. “There was a level of trust with perpetrators because (as in the majority of all rape cases, regardless of race/ethnicity), the women I interviewed were raped by acquaintances. They would ask, ‘How do I come forward?’ because they were advocating against racism in their communities and didn’t want to send another Black man to jail. We are trained as women not to betray the Black race.”

But the question remains as to how internal "black" issues can ever be solved if racism is always used as an obstacle to solving the problem?

jimnyc
04-26-2012, 11:04 AM
What does a sonogram have to do with REAL rape, WS?

Dilloduck
04-26-2012, 11:06 AM
You'd probably lose that bet:

But the question remains as to how internal "black" issues can ever be solved if racism is always used as an obstacle to solving the problem?

Racism isn't the problem. Refusal to speak the truth is.

Wind Song
04-26-2012, 11:07 AM
This is the history forum. The topic is the role black women played in the rape crisis movement.

jimnyc
04-26-2012, 11:08 AM
This is the history forum. The topic is the role black women played in the rape crisis movement.

Ok, and what does a woman getting a sonogram, today, have to do with that subject?

jimnyc
04-26-2012, 11:14 AM
http://angryblacklady.com/2012/02/23/rick-perrys-texas-state-sanctioned-rape-of-women-by-deaniemills/

Maybe someone else can tell me how sonograms in Texas have anything to do with black women getting raped and not reporting it?

Dilloduck
04-26-2012, 11:17 AM
Now she's just throwing shit against the wall to see if it sticks. Bad day I guess.

DragonStryk72
04-26-2012, 11:28 AM

Rape Crisis movement? Hate to tell you this, rape's gone down as we've become more civilized.

Here's the thing, though: You refuse to talk about anything but what you want to talk about, so what's the point of talking about this?

Yes, rape=bad

rape black woman/man=bad
rape white woman/man=bad
rape asian woman/man=bad
rape jewish woman/man=bad

Or to shorten this, all rape=bad

There is no one on this whole board that's going to argue it, or argue that more people should report it when it happens. So what is the point of your thread topic other than creating another drama thread?

Wind Song
04-26-2012, 11:36 AM
Slaves were not considered, "persons" under the law and were unprotected from sexual assault.

Dilloduck
04-26-2012, 11:38 AM
Bleeding heart liberals have and are nothing if they don't have victims to "defend". Apparently WS has to dig deep into history now to have a cause and purpose.

fj1200
04-26-2012, 11:39 AM
Slaves were not considered, "persons" under the law and were unprotected from sexual assault.

Because they were property.

jimnyc
04-26-2012, 11:42 AM

But were they raped via sonograms in Texas, or by "persons"?

Wind Song
04-26-2012, 11:44 AM
Because they were property.

That's correct. However, if a black man raped a white women he was executed.

jimnyc
04-26-2012, 11:45 AM

Did the black man rape the white woman with his penis, or with a sonogram?

fj1200
04-26-2012, 11:50 AM

A white woman wasn't property. Are you really trying to relate problems today with facts of history from so long ago? And from your other link it showed a white man also being executed for the crime of rape.

ConHog
04-26-2012, 11:50 AM

and that has WHAT to do with today? Blacks were treated horribly during slavery. Who the fuck is arguing differently? Note: I concede there are no doubt idiots who would argue differently, but they aren't on THIS board.

Trigg
04-26-2012, 02:45 PM
It's wonderful that black and white women are taking more of a stand against rape and reporting them more often.

However, rape of black women has less than nothing to do with slavery or Jim Crow laws, and more to do with the facts presented in this report.

http://www.ncvc.org/ncvc/main.aspx?dbName=DocumentViewer&DocumentID=32306

S
seventy-seven (77)% of completed rapes are committed by non-strangers (Bureau of Justice Statistics, 1997). A woman is four times more likely to be raped by an acquaintance than by a stranger (Illinois Coaliltion Against Sexual Assault, 2002). Acquaintance rape is rarely reported to police. Less than 2% of acquaintance rape victims reported the assault whereas 21% of women raped by strangers reported the crime to police (Illinois Coalition Against Sexual Assault, 2002).

I also went to the FBI crime reports to see if they list rapes by victim/offender race, and I didn't see that. I would venture to guess that MOST rapes like MOST murders are people of the same race. Meaning, WS, that black men are raping black women.

Wind Song
04-26-2012, 03:50 PM
and that has WHAT to do with today? Blacks were treated horribly during slavery. Who the fuck is arguing differently? Note: I concede there are no doubt idiots who would argue differently, but they aren't on THIS board.

We're discussing history, Con hog, history.

jimnyc
04-26-2012, 04:27 PM
We're discussing history, Con hog, history.

How do sonograms from Texas relate to black women getting raped, and "history"?

Wind Song
04-26-2012, 04:30 PM
It's wonderful that black and white women are taking more of a stand against rape and reporting them more often.

However, rape of black women has less than nothing to do with slavery or Jim Crow laws, and more to do with the facts presented in this report.

http://www.ncvc.org/ncvc/main.aspx?dbName=DocumentViewer&DocumentID=32306

S

I also went to the FBI crime reports to see if they list rapes by victim/offender race, and I didn't see that. I would venture to guess that MOST rapes like MOST murders are people of the same race. Meaning, WS, that black men are raping black women.

The history of the rape crisis movement in the United States is also a history of the struggle of African American women against racism and sexism. During slavery, the rape of enslaved women by white men was common and legal. After slavery ended, sexual and physical violence, including murder, were used to terrorize and keep the Black population from gaining political or civil rights. The period of Reconstruction from 1865 to 1877, directly following the Civil War, when freed slaves were granted the right to vote and own property, was particularly violent. White mobs raped Black women and burned churches and homes. The Ku Klux Klan, founded in 1866 in Tennessee, was more organized. The Klan raped Black women, lynched Black men, and terrorized Black communities. Propaganda was spread that all Black men were potential rapists, all white women potential victims. The results and legacy of such hatred were vicious. Thousands of Black men were lynched between Emancipation and World War II, with the false charge of rape a common accusation. Rape laws made rape a capital offense only for a Black man found guilty of raping a white woman. The rape of a Black woman was not even considered a crime, even when it became officially illegal.(1)
http://calcasa.org/education/history-of-the-rape-crisis-movement/

jimnyc
04-26-2012, 04:31 PM
The history of the rape crisis movement in the United States is also a history of the struggle of African American women against racism and sexism. During slavery, the rape of enslaved women by white men was common and legal. After slavery ended, sexual and physical violence, including murder, were used to terrorize and keep the Black population from gaining political or civil rights. The period of Reconstruction from 1865 to 1877, directly following the Civil War, when freed slaves were granted the right to vote and own property, was particularly violent. White mobs raped Black women and burned churches and homes. The Ku Klux Klan, founded in 1866 in Tennessee, was more organized. The Klan raped Black women, lynched Black men, and terrorized Black communities. Propaganda was spread that all Black men were potential rapists, all white women potential victims. The results and legacy of such hatred were vicious. Thousands of Black men were lynched between Emancipation and World War II, with the false charge of rape a common accusation. Rape laws made rape a capital offense only for a Black man found guilty of raping a white woman. The rape of a Black woman was not even considered a crime, even when it became officially illegal.(1)

Did the klu klux klan perform sonograms on them too?

Wind Song
04-26-2012, 04:34 PM
There are more ways to sexually assault women than one. Jimbo.

African American women have always been at the forefront of the Rape Crisis Movement. African American women testified before Congress following the Memphis Riot of May 1866, during which a number of Black women were gang-raped by a white mob. Their brave testimony has been well recorded

jimnyc
04-26-2012, 04:36 PM

But I thought this was about BLACK women and rape? Then you post about sonograms, which are not rape - and am I to assume that these sonograms in Texas are only used on black women? You're all over the map in this thread but then get pissy if someone goes off topic. But I'm just confused as to how that crap post was on topic?

jimnyc
04-26-2012, 04:40 PM
African American women have always been at the forefront of the Rape Crisis Movement. African American women testified before Congress following the Memphis Riot of May 1866, during which a number of Black women were gang-raped by a white mob. Their brave testimony has been well recorded

Interesting choice of words you use:

Perhaps the first women in the United States to break the silence around rape were those African American women who testified before Congress following the Memphis Riot of May 1866, during which a number of Black women were gang-raped by a white mob. Their brave testimony has been well recorded

Which is written here - http://calcasa.org/education/history-of-the-rape-crisis-movement/comment-page-1/

And comes from this book - http://www.amazon.com/Black-Women-White-America-Documentary/dp/0679743146

Now let's hear your lame response, plagiarist.

Wind Song
04-26-2012, 04:40 PM
We're not on speaking terms Jim.

jimnyc
04-26-2012, 04:42 PM

Just another rule you broke, which of course could get me in deep doo doo for you infringing on anothers rights without citing a source.

Oh, and shows once again your dishonesty, and how you'll start to play a game when called out - even in something as serious as plagiarizing.

jimnyc
04-26-2012, 04:44 PM
This was not just a few moments ago, Wing Nut replying to me, even by name.

Then after I bust her for STEALING, she now remembers she is not talking to me.

Wind Song
04-26-2012, 04:44 PM
Just another rule you broke, which of course could get me in deep doo doo for you infringing on anothers rights without citing a source.

Oh, and shows once again your dishonesty, and how you'll start to play a game when called out - even in something as serious as plagiarizing.

I already posted the link earlier. It's the same article.

Here ya go. I'll put it in every post from now on. Maybe you could do black women a service and read about it.

Wind Song
04-26-2012, 04:45 PM
This was not just a few moments ago, Wing Nut replying to me, even by name.

Then after I bust her for STEALING, she now remembers she is not talking to me.

It's called changing your mind. Try it sometime.

Regarding the "stealing". I'm at the library multi-tasking and forgot to put the link in.

Damn, just used the pronoun Sassy advised me against.

jimnyc
04-26-2012, 04:46 PM
I already posted the link earlier. It's the same article.

Here ya go. I'll put it in every post from now on. Maybe you could do black women a service and read about it.

And then you tried to pass off a portion of someone else's work as your own.

Wind Song
04-26-2012, 04:48 PM
And then you tried to pass off a portion of someone else's work as your own.

So, "I'm so bad". What are the consequences?

Correction is duly noted. Any other penalties?

jimnyc
04-26-2012, 04:52 PM
So, what are the consequences?

Go away, blowhard, you said you weren't talking to me. :fu: and then you can :suck:

ConHog
04-26-2012, 04:53 PM
It's called changing your mind. Try it sometime.

Regarding the "stealing". I'm at the library multi-tasking and forgot to put the link in.

Damn, just used the pronoun Sassy advised me against.

Why are you continually trying to go to war with Jim? Well, anyway really, but Jim specifically? He has to enforce the rules otherwise why even have them?

Of course I could, and will, also point out to Jim that this kinda thing is exactly why I think that when mods/admins post AS mods/admins it should somehow be differentiated from when they are just posting as posters. And then of course it can be pointedly stated that anything written in that style is not up for debate. But hey, that's just my opinion.

Back to sky, take a chill pill, get high, get laid, do whatever you need to do to mellow out, this is getting old.

ConHog
04-26-2012, 04:53 PM
So, "I'm so bad". What are the consequences?

Correction is duly noted. Any other penalties?

Stop egging him on . Damn............

Wind Song
04-26-2012, 04:54 PM
Why are you continually trying to go to war with Jim? Well, anyway really, but Jim specifically? He has to enforce the rules otherwise why even have them?

Of course I could, and will, also point out to Jim that this kinda thing is exactly why I think that when mods/admins post AS mods/admins it should somehow be differentiated from when they are just posting as posters. And then of course it can be pointedly stated that anything written in that style is not up for debate. But hey, that's just my opinion.

Back to sky, take a chill pill, get high, get laid, do whatever you need to do to mellow out, this is getting old.

I'm not at war with Jim. He was fine yesterday and today he's acting like an ass.

Wind Song
04-26-2012, 04:54 PM
Stop egging him on . Damn............

Are you worried? I'm not.

jimnyc
04-26-2012, 04:55 PM

She did technically post the link earlier, which I hadn't realized. But when you view a single post, it appears they are her words. Unfortunately, I am responsible if someone tries to borrow someone else's work without citing it. Maybe just confusion, but it certainly appeared to me that it was passed off as her words, because I sure as shit didn't click on her stupid link in a prior post. That's why we cite sources as we post.

Wind Song
04-26-2012, 04:56 PM
Go away, blowhard, you said you weren't talking to me. :fu: and then you can :suck:

I actually read one of your posts that didn't name call. Now you're right back at it. See ya.

jimnyc
04-26-2012, 04:57 PM
I'm not at war with Jim. He was fine yesterday and today he's acting like an ass.

Ehh, no, I was an ass yesterday too, I'm always the same. Maybe it "seems" like I'm more of an ass when I'm busting you over lame links, or lack of links? Either way, go out in your backyard, bring a spoon with you, dig up some dirt - and eat a fucking worm.

Oh, and I mean that with love, from the guts you told me you hate. :coffee:

Wind Song
04-26-2012, 04:57 PM
She did technically post the link earlier, which I hadn't realized. But when you view a single post, it appears they are her words. Unfortunately, I am responsible if someone tries to borrow someone else's work without citing it. Maybe just confusion, but it certainly appeared to me that it was passed off as her words, because I sure as shit didn't click on her stupid link in a prior post. That's why we cite sources as we post.

Thanks for noticing that I posted the link earlier. I'm at the library doing several things at once.

ConHog
04-26-2012, 04:58 PM

So what? He IS an ass. Are you saying that HIS actions dictate how YOU act? Take that a step further and you must agree that it is okay for men to rape women who dress provocatively ? Oh, it isn't? No, of course it isn't. YOU are responsible for YOUR behavior Sky. If Jim is being an ass to you today, just don't engage him, except of course when he's posting as an admin in which case you have no choice but to deal with him.

Wind Song
04-26-2012, 04:58 PM
Ehh, no, I was an ass yesterday too, I'm always the same. Maybe it "seems" like I'm more of an ass when I'm busting you over lame links, or lack of links? Either way, go out in your backyard, bring a spoon with you, dig up some dirt - and eat a fucking worm.

Oh, and I mean that with love, from the guts you told me you hate. :coffee:

I don't remember telling YOU I hate your guts. That was kathianne. I said it over and over. Each time I meant it less.

jimnyc
04-26-2012, 04:59 PM
I actually read one of your posts that didn't name call. Now you're right back at it. See ya.

I thought we were bonding actually. Hold me close and call me daddy!

Wind Song
04-26-2012, 05:00 PM
So what? He IS an ass. Are you saying that HIS actions dictate how YOU act? Take that a step further and you must agree that it is okay for men to rape women who dress provocatively ? Oh, it isn't? No, of course it isn't. YOU are responsible for YOUR behavior Sky. If Jim is being an ass to you today, just don't engage him, except of course when he's posting as an admin in which case you have no choice but to deal with him.

Rape has nothing to do with how the woman is dressed.

I accept total responsibility for my behavior. Always.

ConHog
04-26-2012, 05:01 PM
Rape has nothing to do with how the woman is dressed.

I accept total responsibility for my behavior. Always.

You claim that, but you clearly blamed YOUR actions on Jim. Essentially you said "wah wah he started it"

jimnyc
04-26-2012, 05:02 PM
I don't remember telling YOU I hate your guts. That was kathianne. I said it over and over. Each time I meant it less.

You told me the same awhile back:

"Jim is a jerk and I hate his guts today"

http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?34771-Jim-is-a-jerk&p=536435&highlight=hate+guts#post536435

Don't worry, it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside when I can get to someone so badly that they "hate my guts". That's cute actually, the last time a gal said as much to me I think I was in the 3rd grade. :lol:

Wind Song
04-26-2012, 05:04 PM
You told me the same awhile back:

"Jim is a jerk and I hate his guts today"

http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?34771-Jim-is-a-jerk&p=536435&highlight=hate+guts#post536435

Don't worry, it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside when I can get to someone so badly that they "hate my guts". That's cute actually, the last time a gal said as much to me I think I was in the 3rd grade. :lol:

Good. I feel like I'm in the third grade when I say stuff like that.

Wind Song
04-26-2012, 05:05 PM
You claim that, but you clearly blamed YOUR actions on Jim. Essentially you said "wah wah he started it"

No, I didn't blame my actions on Jim. He came at me like gangbusters today. So what?

It wasn't exactly like I had time to say "good morning Jimmy darlin'".

jimnyc
04-26-2012, 05:05 PM

Boys still hit girls at that age, I woulda socked you in the head if I knew you at that age. :lol:

Wind Song
04-26-2012, 05:06 PM
Boys still hit girls at that age, I woulda socked you in the head if I knew you at that age. :lol:

I woulda kicked you where it hurts.

jimnyc
04-26-2012, 05:08 PM

You wouldn't have been the first. Women always resort to cheating like that.

ConHog
04-26-2012, 05:09 PM

I've heard that if you kick Jim in the dick you'd break some homeless guy's jaw. :dance:

Wind Song
04-26-2012, 05:10 PM
You wouldn't have been the first. Women always resort to cheating like that.

Third grade dom tee hee:smoke:

Trigg
04-26-2012, 06:23 PM

I trust you know what year it is, so I won't remind you.

The MAJORITY of Black women are raped by black men.

I commend them for being in the forfront of education and I also commend them for reporting it.

Rape is not a racial issue in this county any more.

Once again you are playing the victim.

NO ONE disagrees with you when you say "rape is bad". The problem is you keep bringing up slavery 150yrs ago and Jim Crow 70yrs ago and attributing that to Black women today who DO NOT REPORT RAPES BY BLACK MEN

Wind Song
04-26-2012, 06:25 PM
I trust you know what year it is, so I won't remind you.

The MAJORITY of Black women are raped by black men.

I commend them for being in the forfront of education and I also commend them for reporting it.

Rape is not a racial issue in this county any more.

Once again you are playing the victim.

NO ONE disagrees with you when you say "rape is bad". The problem is you keep bringing up slavery 150yrs ago and Jim Crow 70yrs ago and attributing that to Black women today who DO NOT REPORT RAPES BY BLACK MEN

That's not the point. The thread discusses what ALL American women owe black women regarding the Rape Crisis Movement.

ConHog
04-26-2012, 06:27 PM
That's not the point. The thread discusses what ALL American women owe black women regarding the Rape Crisis Movement.

That is NOT why you originally started the thread.

Wind Song
04-26-2012, 06:28 PM
That is NOT why you originally started the thread.

Really? You're a mind reader? Here is what I said on the first page: "Give black women credit for being at the forefront of the movement."

SassyLady
04-26-2012, 06:32 PM
Wow...I Read this whole thread and that was not what I thought you were trying to say at all. Maybe next time you can state this up front and then post links to articles to support your assertion.

I thought the point of the thread was to vilify white slave owners...which has already been done ad naseum.

Wind Song
04-26-2012, 06:35 PM
Wow...I Read this whole thread and that was not what I thought you were trying to say at all. Maybe next time you can state this up front and then post links to articles to support your assertion.

I thought the point of the thread was to vilify white slave owners...which has already been done ad naseum.

Apparently, you didn't read my words early on. Women in America owe black women a great deal.

Wind Song
04-26-2012, 06:36 PM
Check post 5, 8 and 1.

This thread is not about vilifying slave owners. It is more about recognizing the contribution black women have had to the Rape Crisis Movement.

SassyLady
04-26-2012, 06:38 PM
Apparently, you didn't read my words early on. Women in America owe black women a great deal.

I believe that. I also believe women in America owe women of all races a great deal for all the courageous things we've done and accomplished.

Trigg
04-26-2012, 06:39 PM

NO,

The article YOU posted discusses black women and rape.

NO women, myself included, owe black women anything regarding the rape crisis movement.

Women have been raped by men throughout history.

Black women NOT REPORTING RAPE, in this century has nothing to do with slavery or the Jim Crow laws.

black women are raped by black men and white women are raped by white men, MOST OF WHOM ARE KNOWN TO THE WOMEN.

I commend anyone who reports a rape, no matter how painful it may be to stand up, it takes an incredable amount of courage to talk about something so personal.

SassyLady
04-26-2012, 06:43 PM
Check post 5, 8 and 1.

This thread is not about vilifying slave owners. It is more about recognizing the contribution black women have had to the Rape Crisis Movement.

I'm sorry if I misunderstood your intent. Your first post stated that once upon a time it was not a crime to rape black women. I thought that was your premise...the crime and not the contribution by black women.

Wind Song
04-26-2012, 06:48 PM
I believe that. I also believe women in America owe women of all races a great deal for all the courageous things we've done and accomplished.

Is there some problem recognizing BLACK women in particular? Is that somehow NOT OK in your book? I don't understand why you have to include everyone else when I'm specifically honoring African American women.

ConHog
04-26-2012, 06:50 PM
Really? You're a mind reader? Here is what I said on the first page: "Give black women credit for being at the forefront of the movement."

How much credit do you give white guys?

Wind Song
04-26-2012, 06:53 PM
How much credit do you give white guys?

What do you expect? What is the thread topic? What do white men deserve credit for in relation to this topic of the history of the Rape Crisis Movement and specifically the role of black women.

I've never seen a man volunteer to work the Rape Crisis Line. I've seen them march though.

jimnyc
04-26-2012, 06:57 PM
What do you expect? What do white men deserve credit for in relation to this topic of the history of the Rape Crisis Movement and specifically the role of black women.

I've never seen a man volunteer to work the Rape Crisis Line.

Some of the "best of the best" in the medical community that help rape victims are men. Your desire to diminish men is lame. Your desire to always pinpoint victims and say "who cares" to others, is also lame.

Every race rapes every race. Black men rape more all together. Black men rape more white women, and black women. They are ALL victims, regardless of THEIR color. It's sickening to see you keep setting certain victims aside.

Wind Song
04-26-2012, 06:59 PM
Some of the "best of the best" in the medical community that help rape victims are men. Your desire to diminish men is lame. Your desire to always pinpoint victims and say "who cares" to others, is also lame.

Every race rapes every race. Black men rape more all together. Black men rape more white women, and black women. They are ALL victims, regardless of THEIR color. It's sickening to see you keep setting certain victims aside.

Jim--

You seem to get so outraged if white men aren't included in every little thing. I started this thread specifically to honor the role African American women have played in the history of the Rape Crisis Movement.

Why don't you start your own whiney white boy thread?

ConHog
04-26-2012, 06:59 PM
What do you expect? What is the thread topic? What do white men deserve credit for in relation to this topic of the history of the Rape Crisis Movement and specifically the role of black women.

I've never seen a man volunteer to work the Rape Crisis Line. I've seen them march though.

That's odd; because I'm fairly sure that if some white guys hadn't decided otherwise women would still be seen as nothing more than glorified pets in this country.

2:1 says Sky accuses me of calling women pets after reading this post.

Wind Song
04-26-2012, 07:02 PM
That's odd; because I'm fairly sure that if some white guys hadn't decided otherwise women would still be seen as nothing more than glorified pets in this country.

2:1 says Sky accuses me of calling women pets after reading this post.

Your arrogance is amazing. You want white boys to take credit for the women's movement too?

jimnyc
04-26-2012, 07:03 PM
Jim--

You seem to get so outraged if white men aren't included in every little thing. I started this thread specifically to honor the role African American women have played in the history of the Rape Crisis Movement.

No thanks, I'm fine here.

But if you pinpoint victims, I will be right here to ensure the other victims are included. This is like the 3rd time you've done this and it disgusts me. There are VICTIMS of rape, and their color shouldn't matter. There are MANY volunteers that have helped this movement over the years, and it shouldn't be recognized by color. How about there just be support for victims from volunteers?

There are men that have done a HELL of a lot more for rape victims than you have in your whole life, so don't demean men just because they aren't your cup of tea.

ConHog
04-26-2012, 07:05 PM
Your arrogance is amazing. You want white boys to take credit for the women's movement too?

So you deny that white men had anything to do with women gaining full equality in this country?

Wind Song
04-26-2012, 07:06 PM
No thanks, I'm fine here.

But if you pinpoint victims, I will be right here to ensure the other victims are included. This is like the 3rd time you've done this and it disgusts me. There are VICTIMS of rape, and their color shouldn't matter. There are MANY volunteers that have helped this movement over the years, and it shouldn't be recognized by color. How about there just be support for victims from volunteers?

There are men that have done a HELL of a lot more for rape victims than you have in your whole life, so don't demean men just because they aren't your cup of tea.

I've noticed a pattern in your posts. Unless men are included in every topic I post, you complain. What is your problem giving black women their historical due?

Apparently you have a hard time accepting and honoring the contributions of segments of the population that aren't YOU.

Wind Song
04-26-2012, 07:07 PM
So you deny that white men had anything to do with women gaining full equality in this country?

No, I didn't say that.

Trigg
04-26-2012, 07:08 PM

Why not??? He's right after all

Black men in this country had the vote before white women.

Women, white middle class women, led the fight for women's sufferance. If not for compassionate men I doubt the movement would have gotten very far. I for one give credit where credit is due.

jimnyc
04-26-2012, 07:09 PM
I've noticed a pattern in your posts. Unless men are included in every topic I post, you complain. What is your problem giving black women their historical due?

Are you fucking blind? My first point was to include ALL rape victims, and I never mentioned men. Then you went on in another post about how you never saw a man on the phones volunteering, and I kindly put you in your fucking place by making it clear that men DO contribute a lot towards rape victims.

My pattern is simply correcting you. What is YOUR problem with white people and men?

Kathianne
04-26-2012, 07:09 PM
Jim--

and you fail to recognize that without 'majority' of those in power, regardless of which majority at which time in history, the 'movements' you are so fond of would be nothing today.

Wind Song
04-26-2012, 07:10 PM
Are you fucking blind? My first point was to include ALL rape victims, and I never mentioned men. Then you went on in another post about how you never saw a man on the phones volunteering, and I kindly put you in your fucking place by making it clear that men DO contribute a lot towards rape victims.

My pattern is simply correcting you. What is YOUR problem with white people and men?

If I start a thread about the contribution of Chinese Americans are you going to complain that white boys aren't loved and appreciated enough?

Kathianne
04-26-2012, 07:12 PM
If I start a thread about the contribution of Chinese Americans are you going to complain that white boys aren't loved and appreciated enough?

First you'd have to cover their oppression in the mines and railroads, right?

jimnyc
04-26-2012, 07:12 PM

No, but if you start a thread about Chinese women victims of rape, I would kindly point out that all races get raped, not just those you choose to make "victim of the day"

Wind Song
04-26-2012, 07:13 PM
How about the topic of Japanese Internment Camps? Want to complain about that?

Kathianne
04-26-2012, 07:14 PM

Who spoke out against them? You do know, right?

Wind Song
04-26-2012, 07:14 PM
No, but if you start a thread about Chinese women victims of rape, I would kindly point out that all races get raped, not just those you choose to make "victim of the day"

You don't allow any topic that is exculsively about one group. I can't start any dialogue about women's issues without you piping up complaining about how you're not included.

Trigg
04-26-2012, 07:15 PM
First you'd have to cover their oppression in the mines and railroads, right?

oh please don't give her any ideas......
:slap:

cause then I'd have to point out that the Irish were just as oppressed in the mines as the Chinese were.

I'd even go so far as to take a picture of a sign a co-worker has that says "no Irish need apply".

Wind Song
04-26-2012, 07:16 PM
April is Sexual Assault Awareness Month.

ConHog
04-26-2012, 07:17 PM

Apparently you have a hard time accepting and honoring the contributions of segments of the population that aren't YOU.

^^^ Did that REALLY just happen?

Kathianne
04-26-2012, 07:17 PM
oh please don't give her any ideas......

cause then I'd have to point out that the Irish were just as oppressed in the mines as the Chinese were.

I'd even go so far as to take a picture of a sign a co-worker has that says "no Irish need apply".

Well those damn Irish Catholics responded by building their own universities and hospitals. The gall!

jimnyc
04-26-2012, 07:18 PM

Nope, because all the victims would be covered by the topic alone. If you tried to honor say just a portion of those victims, then yes, I would again speak up for those left out. Can you not see the pattern? It's not me FOR those I mention, but it's you wanting to omit them. You ALWAYS omit the men, in any subject. And 95% of your victim support goes towards blacks. You sound like a racist, dare I say, lesbian.

Trigg
04-26-2012, 07:19 PM
Well those damn Irish Catholics responded by building their own universities and hospitals. The gall!

Back that horse up girl!!!!

I'm married to one of those Irish.

I may have to call you out on a thread of something :rolleyes:

Kathianne
04-26-2012, 07:20 PM
Back that horse up girl!!!!

I'm married to one of those Irish.

I may have to call you out on a thread of something :rolleyes:

I am one of them. ;)

ConHog
04-26-2012, 07:20 PM

Want to know my PERSONAL contribution to rape prevention? I have about a 1" long scar on my left arm from a bullet wound I received contributing to rape prevention.

Does that count?

Wind Song
04-26-2012, 07:21 PM
Notice the defensiveness going on just because I want to discuss the role of African American women in the Rape Crisis Movement. The reason I wanted to do that is I didn't know how much they led the movement until getting some training.

I wish more minorities posted here. I wish they were more welcome.

ConHog
04-26-2012, 07:24 PM
Notice the defensiveness going on just because I want to discuss the role of African American women in the Rape Crisis Movement. The reason I wanted to do that is I didn't know how much they led the movement until getting some training.

How fucking insulting. One of the admins is black, and I only know that in passing. And I don't think I'm alone when I say I don't give a shit what color his, or anyone's skin is.

Wind Song
04-26-2012, 07:25 PM
How fucking insulting. One of the admins is black, and I only know that in passing. And I don't think I'm alone when I say I don't give a shit what color his, or anyone's skin is.

I would invite more people here if I thought this place welcomed diversity.

Trigg
04-26-2012, 07:27 PM

how would you know whether they are welcome or not??

You have problems because you are passive aggesive in your posting style and enjoy playing the victim.

You don't recognize this in yourself, but everyone else does.

jimnyc
04-26-2012, 07:28 PM

Please point out where we have ever shown that minorities were not welcome here. Do so, or retract your lame statement, and if not, then shove your comments directly up your ass. ANYONE is welcome to join and post here. The ONLY time we really discuss minorities in a negative fashion is when discussing criminal activity. So maybe criminals would feel a tad uncomfortable here, but I don't see ANYONE doing anything to offend law abiding minorities from anywhere really.

Dumbass.

Wind Song
04-26-2012, 07:28 PM
how would you know whether they are welcome or not??

You have problems because you are passive aggesive in your posting style and enjoy playing the victim.

You don't recognize this in yourself, but everyone else does.

It's nearly impossible to discuss racism on this forum, for one thing. That tells me alot.

jimnyc
04-26-2012, 07:29 PM
I would invite more people here if I thought this place welcomed diversity.

It's not diversity that any of us have a problem. We WANT more diversity. It's STUPIDITY that pisses some off.

ConHog
04-26-2012, 07:30 PM
It's nearly impossible to discuss racism on this forum, for one thing. That tells me alot.

Because racism is an uncomfortable subject for everyone Sky, that's not an indictment against this board, it's just a reality.

Trigg
04-26-2012, 07:32 PM

try discussing real racism.....that would be a first for you.

Instead you condemned Zimm before the facts were out and all anyone here said was wait until the trial.

Other than that you asked that all women kneel down and thank black women for standing up against rape.

As a white/indian women I reject that. I respect ANY women who has the courage to stand against her accuser. Fuck race, it has nothing to do with the discussion

Wind Song
04-26-2012, 08:02 PM
Please point out where we have ever shown that minorities were not welcome here. Do so, or retract your lame statement, and if not, then shove your comments directly up your ass. ANYONE is welcome to join and post here. The ONLY time we really discuss minorities in a negative fashion is when discussing criminal activity. So maybe criminals would feel a tad uncomfortable here, but I don't see ANYONE doing anything to offend law abiding minorities from anywhere really.

Dumbass.

What I've noticed, is that any topic that includes a discussion of issues for minorities is met with great resistance by YOU. I've tried to start threads on women's issues and found them unwelcome. You insert men into women's issues continuously. We cannot have an honest discussion of racism. Your forum leans decidely away from support minorities in any way.

You may not have a policy of discriminating against minorities, but you don't make minorities welcome. You label us "victims", a typical right wing strategy.

This forum is not friendly toward minorities or civil rights issues.

jimnyc
04-26-2012, 08:10 PM
What I've noticed, is that any topic that includes a discussion of issues for minorities is met with great resistance by YOU. I've tried to start threads on women's issues and found them unwelcome. You insert men into women's issues continuously. We cannot have an honest discussion of racism. Your forum leans decidely away from support minorities in any way.

You may not have a policy of discriminating against minorities, but you don't make minorities welcome. You label us "victims", a typical right wing strategy.

This forum is not friendly toward minorities or civil rights issues.

No, I simply correct you and include proper stats and ALL stats. You want to point out a few victims, I include all of them. That hardly means I take issue with the group you originally pointed out, but rather I extend it to include others. It's YOU, if anybody, that is cutting anyone out of anything. It's YOU who only wants to discuss one race at times and gets pissy if we include others into the discussion. Sorry, we/I like to acknowledge ALL people in certain discussions and not just those you think are the only victims.

Wind Song
04-26-2012, 08:12 PM
No, I simply correct you and include proper stats and ALL stats. You want to point out a few victims, I include all of them. That hardly means I take issue with the group you originally pointed out, but rather I extend it to include others. It's YOU, if anybody, that is cutting anyone out of anything. It's YOU who only wants to discuss one race at times and gets pissy if we include others into the discussion. Sorry, we/I like to acknowledge ALL people in certain discussions and not just those you think are the only victims.

The way you, Kathianne and Conhog behaved in the Introduction thread was completely mortifying. I will NEVER invite another person here to be treated with this bullshit.

You owe me and Peach an apology. You have ZERO respect for me as a human being. I am so sorry I invited you Peach. I had no idea these folks would act this way.

ConHog
04-26-2012, 08:14 PM
The way you, Kathianne and Conhog behaved in the Introduction thread was completely mortifying. I will NEVER invite another person here to be treated with this bullshit.

You owe me and Peach an apology. I don't think you're man enough to feel shame when you do the wrong thing.

Asking a question is NOT doing the right thing. I will NOT apologize for that.

Wind Song
04-26-2012, 08:15 PM
Too bad. I was starting to like this place. Bye.

SassyLady
04-26-2012, 08:21 PM
Is there some problem recognizing BLACK women in particular? Is that somehow NOT OK in your book? I don't understand why you have to include everyone else when I'm specifically honoring African American women.

No.

Wind Song
04-26-2012, 08:22 PM
No.

I can no longer continue to post on this forum. I'll miss you. I was just starting to feel comfortable enough here to invite a friend. Big mistake.

ConHog
04-26-2012, 08:26 PM
I can no longer continue to post on this forum. I'll miss you. I was just starting to feel comfortable enough here to invite a friend. Big mistake.

Stop!! No one wants you to leave, but we're not going to beg you to stay either.

Wind Song
04-26-2012, 08:29 PM
Stop!! No one wants you to leave, but we're not going to beg you to stay either.

Fuck off Connie. If you gave a shit I would die of shock.

jimnyc
04-26-2012, 08:34 PM
Fuck off Connie. If you gave a shit I would die of shock.

You say this - and just earlier today you went on again about how you hate name calling and people who get shitty with you. You're all over the place and change your positions left and right, and then you treat people like shit, and then demand they be nice to you? I'm pretty darned confused. You go nuts until you can become a victim of ANYTHING, and then declare the other person the aggressor and how you have to leave because other people are scaring you off the site.

Wind Song
04-26-2012, 08:41 PM
You say this - and just earlier today you went on again about how you hate name calling and people who get shitty with you. You're all over the place and change your positions left and right, and then you treat people like shit, and then demand they be nice to you? I'm pretty darned confused. You go nuts until you can become a victim of ANYTHING, and then declare the other person the aggressor and how you have to leave because other people are scaring you off the site.

True. All of it is true. It's a big deal for me to trust people here enough to invite a friend and you ruined it.

I am sorry I came out on this forum. I am sorry I invited a friend to come here and I am sorry that I deluded myself into thinking this was a good forum for me.

jimnyc
04-26-2012, 08:44 PM
True. All of it is true. It's a big deal for me to trust people here enough to invite a friend and you ruined it.

I am sorry I came out on this forum. I am sorry I invited a friend to come here and I am sorry that I deluded myself into thinking this was a good forum for me.

Woe is me

Wind Song
04-26-2012, 08:45 PM
Woe is me

Sure enough. Invite me to share with you sometime what an empathic response it.

ConHog
04-26-2012, 08:46 PM
Woe is me

You're not helping you know.............. Yes I know Jim, I'm just saying you're letting her drag you down to exactly what she thinks you are in her mind.

Wind Song
04-26-2012, 08:48 PM
You're not helping you know.............. Yes I know Jim, I'm just saying you're letting her drag you down to exactly what she thinks you are in her mind.

Thanks for nothing, as usual Con.

jimnyc
04-26-2012, 08:49 PM

That's because I'm not trying to help. Trying to help is fruitless when it hasn't worked the last 1000x you do so. She WANTS to be the victim and everyone sees this. I'm simply pointing it out, again. But don't think I'm going to kiss someones ass that continually bites the fingers of people reaching out with olive branches.

ConHog
04-26-2012, 08:58 PM
That's because I'm not trying to help. Trying to help is fruitless when it hasn't worked the last 1000x you do so. She WANTS to be the victim and everyone sees this. I'm simply pointing it out, again. But don't think I'm going to kiss someones ass that continually bites the fingers of people reaching out with olive branches.

That may be the case Jim, but the reality is she isn't going anywhere. Not by her own volition and I don't see you banning her either. so that leaves trying to help make the situation better........

Who cares what she's doing, don't let it affect what WE do....... Know what I'm saying?

Wind Song
04-26-2012, 08:59 PM

Olive branches? When were you offering olive branches. Let me enumerate all the names you have called me. Was the olive branch in that?

Wind Song
04-26-2012, 09:00 PM
That may be the case Jim, but the reality is she isn't going anywhere. Not by her own volition and I don't see you banning her either. so that leaves trying to help make the situation better........

Who cares what she's doing, don't let it affect what WE do....... Know what I'm saying?

I see. It's ok if I post here as long as I don't try and think of myself as part of your colllective "we".

ConHog
04-26-2012, 09:02 PM
I see. It's ok if I post here as long as I don't try and think of myself as part of your colllective "we".

Actually, I'd prefer you worked to become part of we; but I can't make you.

Wind Song
04-26-2012, 09:08 PM
Actually, I'd prefer you worked to become part of we; but I can't make you.

Well, I am part of "we", welcome or not.

I haven't gotten over kath kicking me when I was down about losing my dog. I hate what she did.

That was one of the most hurtful things anyone on a forum has ever done to me. Uh oh, here comes Dillo to stick it in me.

Dilloduck
04-26-2012, 09:12 PM
February is black history month----you fucked up by a couple months. ( I know I know-----you were probably at the library multi tasking)

Wind Song
04-26-2012, 09:44 PM
February is black history month----you fucked up by a couple months. ( I know I know-----you were probably at the library multi tasking)

Excuse me. April is still Sexual Assault Awareness Month. I'm discussing rape, and in particualr, appreciating the historical role African American women played in the Rape Crisis Movement.

Duh, it was a joke, wasn't it?

Dilloduck
04-26-2012, 09:50 PM
Excuse me. April is still Sexual Assault Awareness Month. I'm discussing rape, and in particualr, appreciating the historical role African American women played in the Rape Crisis Movement.

Duh, it was a joke, wasn't it?

damn my bad---carry on with your tribute!

Missileman
04-26-2012, 10:00 PM

Wha? You're not in the 3rd grade? Coulda fooled me!

fj1200
04-26-2012, 10:13 PM

It's VERY easy to discuss racism here when it's properly tagged. It's impossible to discuss racism when one blindly accuses.

Wind Song
04-26-2012, 10:28 PM
damn my bad---carry on with your tribute!

Dang, I can ALMOST tell when you're pulling my leg!

Dilloduck
04-26-2012, 10:42 PM
Dang, I can ALMOST tell when you're pulling my leg!

OK

DragonStryk72
04-27-2012, 11:22 AM
It's VERY easy to discuss racism here when it's properly tagged. It's impossible to discuss racism when one blindly accuses.

I'll be thanking this in a moment, but wanted to add my voice to it as well: Yes, racism exists. We're not backbirths, but at the same time, many times racism is claimed where none exists, or we have people reaching back to decades ago like we've learned absolutely nothing.

I'm pretty sure we've come a good long ways, since we, as a society, have accepted interracial relationships and marriage, where 100 years ago, there would have been a lynching. These days it's not even considered noteworthy anymore.

I get really sick of people trying to treat it like nothing's changed, despite numerous changes. Hell, we have a black president, and no one argued his blackness as an issue. His making promises Jesus would have had trouble with? Sure, but it was never about his race, no matter how many times people attempted to make it about just that. If he had been a republican, like Herman Cain, the Republicans wouldn't have said a word, why? Because he's on their team. Nothing to do with race, everything to do with partisanship.

And if this is the "awareness month" for sexual assault, why only focus on the racial aspect of it? Why can't rape just be horrible for everyone, regardless of their race? Are you contending, WS, that a white woman feels somehow less raped than a black woman? What about Asian women, do they just not get raped, since you didn't mention them at all? What about Indian women, Mexicans or Native Americans?

If you're going to discuss the racial impact of rape, then discuss the racial impact of rape, not just African Americans. They are not the only race out there.

Wind Song
04-27-2012, 03:42 PM
God forgive if we should EVER acknowledge the contributions of African American or female citizens just for themselves.

Signed,

Lifelong "nigger lover".

jimnyc
04-27-2012, 03:48 PM
God forgive if we should EVER acknowledge the contributions of African American or female citizens just for themselves.

Signed,

Lifelong "nigger lover".

God forbid you didn't make stuff up in every post, take everything out of context & make something out of nothing.

Signed,

Person with a "brain".

Wind Song
04-27-2012, 04:23 PM
God forbid you didn't make stuff up in every post, take everything out of context & make something out of nothing.

Signed,

Person with a "brain".

You NEVER allow women or African Americans to be praised just for themselves. You continually tag on the white boy contribution, which EVERYONE is WELL aware of.

"Ever luvin' Niggah luva"

jimnyc
04-27-2012, 04:31 PM
You NEVER allow women or African Americans to be praised just for themselves. You continually tag on the white boy contribution, which EVERYONE is WELL aware of.

Because it's stupid to strip things down by race to solely praise or condemn just on race. ALL women are victims if raped, not just blacks. ALL women involved in the rape crisis movement deserve praise AND even MANY men that contribute. Create a thread about rape victims, shooting victims or whatever else you can think of - and do it JUST for white women - and I'll correct you there too. This has nothing to do with these women being black. You're just not bright enough to see what everyone has stated.

Trigg
04-27-2012, 04:31 PM

If that were even remotely true there wouldn't be so many women on this site.

Wind Song
04-27-2012, 04:36 PM
Because it's stupid to strip things down by race to solely praise or condemn just on race. ALL women are victims if raped, not just blacks. ALL women involved in the rape crisis movement deserve praise AND even MANY men that contribute. Create a thread about rape victims, shooting victims or whatever else you can think of - and do it JUST for white women - and I'll correct you there too. This has nothing to do with these women being black. You're just not bright enough to see what everyone has stated.

No, it's respectful to honor the specific contributions that different groups of Americans make. You want to eliminate any credit to African Americans or women for ANYTHING.

You don't think minorities deserve ANY praise UNLESS you're shoving the contributions of the priveleged majority in their faces.

It used to be that history books WHITEWASHED history and wrote minorites OUT OF EXISTENCE as contributors. Unless your little group of white boy bigots is credited in my every thread, you fall apart.

Wind Song
04-27-2012, 04:37 PM
If that were even remotely true there wouldn't be so many women on this site.

Do any of the other women ever give a shit about women's issues? I haven't noticed yet.

jimnyc
04-27-2012, 04:40 PM
No, it's respectful to honor the specific contributions that different groups of Americans make. You want to eliminate any credit to African Americans or women for ANYTHING.

You don't think minorities deserve ANY praise UNLESS you're shoving the contributions of the priveleged majority in their faces.

It used to be that history books WHITEWASHED history and wrote minorites OUT OF EXISTENCE as contributors. Unless your little group of white boy bigots is credited in my every thread, you fall apart.

You're a lying bitch. SHOW ME WHERE I EVER TRIED TO ELIMINATE CREDIT TO AFRICAN AMERICANS??????? You don't just get to keep making shit up - SHOW ME where I ever stated that. ADDING people to a list that I feel deserve recognition does NOTHING WHATSOEVER to diminish the African American women's contribution.

You are pathological liar.

jimnyc
04-27-2012, 04:41 PM
Do any of the other women ever give a shit about women's issues? I haven't noticed yet.

Well, we know you said you hate every man alive and that men are vile and don't deserve jack shit. Sad attitude you have about men.

Wind Song
04-27-2012, 04:41 PM
You're a lying bitch. SHOW ME WHERE I EVER TRIED TO ELIMINATE CREDIT TO AFRICAN AMERICANS??????? You don't just get to keep making shit up - SHOW ME where I ever stated that. ADDING people to a list that I feel deserve recognition does NOTHING WHATSOEVER to diminish the African American women's contribution.

You are pathological liar.

Step away from the computer and calm down. Every damn thread I've ever started you had to muck up. You can't seem to give women or minorites any honor or respect.

Yet, you expect to be bowed down to for being white and having a dick.

You NEVER leave it to rest, and take it in. That minority groups have contributed vastly to this country's bounty and they deserve credit without having to share it every damned second with some white priveleged male bigot.

Trigg
04-27-2012, 04:44 PM

Yes we do.

If you weren't so interrested in fighting with everyone and making wild accusations in every thread, maybe you would have realized that by now.

In fact in the thread regarding a VP pick a MAN brought up Condoleza Rice as a possible candidate for the position.

I would suggest you take a day off from posting and read through the sight, it might give you an insight on some of the other posters. I know you won't do this, but that's my suggestion anyway.

jimnyc
04-27-2012, 04:45 PM
Step away from the computer and calm down. Every damn thread I've ever started you had to muck up. You can't seem to give women or minorites any honor or respect.

Yet, you expect to be bowed down to for being white and having a dick.

Again, just making shit up you dumb fuck! I gave ALL women respect in this discussion. In fact, I ADDED the amount of women I wanted to respect. It's YOU who is eliminating anyone from my words. I've been giving immense respect to black women, white women, any women, and the men involved as well. Not ONCE have I tried to take respect away from them.

jimnyc
04-27-2012, 04:46 PM
Yes we do.

If you weren't so interrested in fighting with everyone and making wild accusations in every thread, maybe you would have realized that by now.

In fact in the thread regarding a VP pick a MAN brought up Condoleza Rice as a possible candidate for the position.

I would suggest you take a day off from posting and read through the sight, it might give you an insight on some of the other posters. I know you won't do this, but that's my suggestion anyway.

Not only don't I want her to be VP - I would RATHER Condi ran for President herself, she would get my vote in a heartbeat, I absolutely adore EVERYTHING about that woman, and guess what - she's black too!!

Wind Song
04-27-2012, 04:48 PM
Well, we know you said you hate every man alive and that men are vile and don't deserve jack shit. Sad attitude you have about men.

Sad attitude you have about women and minorities. I have WAY more straight male friends than you do. Just because you're vile and don't deserve jack shit doesn't mean the rest of my male friends do.

jimnyc
04-27-2012, 04:50 PM
Sad attitude you have about women and minorities. I have WAY more straight male friends than you do. Just because you're vile and don't deserve jack shit doesn't mean the rest of my male friends do.

Whatever, then you shouldn't run around every thread here then claiming that a man beat you last week, a man beat you this week, a man shot you and thats why you're against guns...

Wind Song
04-27-2012, 04:52 PM
Yes we do.

I would suggest you stop giving me unsolicted advice sistah.

Wind Song
04-27-2012, 04:55 PM
Whatever, then you shouldn't run around every thread here then claiming that a man beat you last week, a man beat you this week, a man shot you and thats why you're against guns...

I shouldn't tell any stories to illustrate my views. No man EVER beat me. One neighbor threatened me and shoved me so hard so that I fell and was injured, the other smacked my arm. The only person who ever beat me was my foster parent/ my fraternal aunt when I was a child.

The gun stuff is true.

I lived in the city most of my life and never had a problem until moving to rurual Northern California.

I'm just telling these stories for context and to be honest, to justify some of my own biases. I don't pretend to be unbiased. I've been very fortunate to have close personal friends of color who have helped me get over some of my racial fears.

jimnyc
04-27-2012, 04:56 PM
I shouldn't tell any stories to illustrate my views. No man EVER beat me. One neighbor threatened me and shoved me so hard so that I fell and was injured, the other smacked my arm.

The gun stuff is true.

I lived in the city most of my life and never had a problem until moving to rurual Northern California.

You rant on and on about how every man in the world has beat you and that it's the white mans fault. Tsk Tsk

Wind Song
04-27-2012, 05:03 PM
You rant on and on about how every man in the world has beat you and that it's the white mans fault. Tsk Tsk

No, I've never said any such thing. Notice I'm not calling YOU a liar, when you mistake my posts.

jimnyc
04-27-2012, 05:04 PM
No, I've never said any such thing. Notice I'm not calling YOU a liar, when you mistake my posts.

About time you realized I was just making shit up, which I admit - now STOP fucking doing it to me with my posts!

Trigg
04-27-2012, 05:09 PM
I would suggest you stop giving me unsolicted advice sistah.

so instead of commenting in the vice president section, you'd rather stay here and play the victim, while making assinine accusations about people.

That in itself says a lot about the kind of person you are.

Wind Song
04-27-2012, 05:10 PM
About time you realized I was just making shit up, which I admit - now STOP fucking doing it to me with my posts!

Jim--

I have repeatedly asked you to start your own "the contribution of the white man" threads and stop hijacking mine when I want to highlight womens or minorities contributions.

Wind Song
04-27-2012, 05:11 PM
so instead of commenting in the vice president section, you'd rather stay here and play the victim, while making assinine accusations about people.

Every word in your post is a negative judgment or erroneus interpretation of my intent and words.

What is it you think that tells me about YOU?

NOTHING. It tells me NOTHING about what kind of person you are. It tells me you don't post effectively when you're pissed off at something I've written.

jimnyc
04-27-2012, 05:12 PM
Jim--

I have repeatedly asked you to start your own "the contribution of the white man" threads and stop hijacking mine when I want to highlight womens or minorities contributions.

So since I didn't, you just lie and make shit up about what my stance/opinion is, even though my posts speak otherwise?

Wind Song
04-27-2012, 05:15 PM
So since I didn't, you just lie and make shit up about what my stance/opinion is, even though my posts speak otherwise?

Jim I have butted heads with you on every thread I've ever started because you have to shove the white man privelege thing in where it isn't appropriate.

Trigg
04-27-2012, 05:17 PM
Every word in your post is a negative judgment or erroneus interpretation of my intent and words.

What is it you think that tells me about YOU?

NOTHING. It tells me NOTHING about what kind of person you are. It tells me you don't post effectively.

you rant about the men on this sight not caring about women.

I posted a thread you could get involved in without wild accusations.

You ignore the suggestion and instead get shitty, once again.

You want to know what that says about you????? It says you love to argue and don't care to actually debate anything.

Why are you here, if the only thing you care about is insulting everyone who talks to you. YOU aren't even getting along with the other resident libs.

Wind Song
04-27-2012, 05:23 PM
you rant about the men on this sight not caring about women.

I posted a thread you could get involved in without wild accusations.

You ignore the suggestion and instead get shitty, once again.

You want to know what that says about you????? It says you love to argue and don't care to actually debate anything.

Why are you here, if the only thing you care about is insulting everyone who talks to you. YOU aren't even getting along with the other resident libs.

Sentence one is an interpretation. What's true is that I accused Jim of not valuing women's contributions because he continually inserts men into topics that aren't about men.

You posted a thread and you invited me to participate in it and I haven't gotten around to it. I'm guessing that hurts your feelings. Please tell me where your thread is and I will read it.

You tell me I'm "shitty". That's your judgment.

You tell me the only thing I care about is insulting everyone to talks to me. Again, interpretation. Use of EVERYONE is incorrect/exaggerated.

I'm getting along pretty well today with most posters here. It sounds to me as if you would prefer I not post here UNTIL I do it the way you want me to EVERY single time.

That's unrealistic, and not very friendly of you.

Wind Song
04-27-2012, 05:28 PM

where is the vp section?

PS. Would the weekend be long enough off the forum for you? I'm happy to get lost for a couple days. My wife will love it!

I'm not leaving this forum for good though. I worked a lot out with people here yesterday. You're just going to have to adjust. I'm not "nice".

tailfins
04-27-2012, 05:53 PM
Who is responsible for getting black rape victims to report it?

The "No Snitch" advocates.

tailfins
04-27-2012, 05:54 PM
where is the vp section?

PS. Would the weekend be long enough off the forum for you? I'm happy to get lost for a couple days. My wife will love it!

I'm not leaving this forum for good though. I worked a lot out with people here yesterday. You're just going to have to adjust. I'm not "nice".

I would say you're either mice or batty.

Wind Song
04-27-2012, 05:56 PM
I would say you're either mice or batty.

:laugh:

ConHog
04-27-2012, 08:04 PM

Signed,

Person with a "brain".

Okay, out with it, WHO is posting under Jim's login?

:laugh2::laugh2:

ConHog
04-27-2012, 08:06 PM
where is the vp section?

Stop asking people how long people would like you to leave for...... It doesn't matter if people want you to leave, YOU choose whether you leave or not.

Wind Song
04-27-2012, 08:27 PM
Stop asking people how long people would like you to leave for...... It doesn't matter if people want you to leave, YOU choose whether you leave or not.

I'm happy to take a couple days off to make someone happy. I'm just not leavin' for good. I like it here.

SassyLady
04-27-2012, 09:41 PM

Wow ... how judgmental of you!

Have you ever shaved your head in support of breast cancer?

SassyLady
04-27-2012, 09:43 PM
Yes we do.

I ditto this.

SassyLady
04-27-2012, 09:59 PM
I shouldn't tell any stories to illustrate my views. No man EVER beat me. One neighbor threatened me and shoved me so hard so that I fell and was injured, the other smacked my arm. The only person who ever beat me was my foster parent/ my fraternal aunt when I was a child.

The gun stuff is true.

I'm just telling these stories for context and to be honest, to justify some of my own biases. I don't pretend to be unbiased. I've been very fortunate to have close personal friends of color who have helped me get over some of my racial fears.

I live in rural Northern California and everyone out here has guns. We are constantly shooting varmits, however, I've never, ever had a problem with the neighbors. Well, except the guy next door, when his pitbull came into my yard and charged me. I told him point blank I would kill it the next time it came in my yard. He now keeps it fenced in. That's how we deal with problems in our neighborhood.

ConHog
04-27-2012, 10:00 PM
God damn Dorothy. Are you incapable of learning?

Wind Song
04-27-2012, 10:01 PM
Wow ... how judgmental of you!

Have you ever shaved your head in support of breast cancer?

OMG Good for YOU! That's the stuff!

Wind Song
04-27-2012, 10:02 PM
I live in rural Northern California and everyone out here has guns. We are constantly shooting varmits, however, I've never, ever had a problem with the neighbors. Well, except the guy next door, when his pitbull came into my yard and charged me. I told him point blank I would kill it the next time it came in my yard. He now keeps it fenced in. That's how we deal with problems in our neighborhood.

Yup, we must be neighbors. That's exactly how people are here.

Wind Song
04-27-2012, 10:02 PM
God damn Dorothy. Are you incapable of learning?Cathch me doing something right. I'm sick of your guff.

Wind Song
04-27-2012, 10:03 PM
I ditto this.

You got it. I'm gone for the weekend. Rest up folks and enjoy my absence.

SassyLady
04-27-2012, 10:03 PM
Yup, we must be neighbors. That's exactly how people are here.

Sonoma County?

Wind Song
04-27-2012, 10:04 PM
Sonoma County?

Trinity.

SassyLady
04-27-2012, 10:05 PM
You got it. I'm gone for the weekend. Rest up folks and enjoy my absence.

We didn't ask you to leave ... just to take time to read some of the threads on this site so you can get a flavor of what the women think are important issues....this is in response to your assertion that the women on this site do not care about women's issues.

This issue is my biggest concern and I would certainly hope that you think it is a "women's issue".

THE ECONOMY AND HIGH UNEMPLOYMENT

Wind Song
04-27-2012, 10:12 PM
We didn't ask you to leave ... just to take time to read some of the threads on this site so you can get a flavor of what the women think are important issues....this is in response to your assertion that the women on this site do not care about women's issues.

This issue is my biggest concern and I would certainly hope that you think it is a "women's issue".

THE ECONOMY AND HIGH UNEMPLOYMENT

How am I supposed to know who the women are? Your name is obvious, but "Trigg"?

It's just my way, put a burr up your butt and all of sudden here's all this spirit!

SassyLady
04-27-2012, 10:16 PM
How am I supposed to know who the women are? Your name is obvious, but "Trigg"?

It's just my way, put a burr up your butt and all of sudden here's all this spirit!

LOL!!! You are right about not knowing the gender of some of the posters! I've made a couple of mistakes like that in the past.

Wind Song
04-27-2012, 10:17 PM
LOL!!! You are right about not knowing the gender of some of the posters! I've made a couple of mistakes like that in the past.

You guys think you can "reform" me, but my spirit will not be broken!:angeldevil:

SassyLady
04-27-2012, 10:26 PM
You guys think you can "reform" me, but my spirit will not be broken!:angeldevil:

Good...a good horse never has a broken spirit, but it does learn to be cooperative.

Wind Song
04-27-2012, 10:28 PM
Good...a good horse never has a broken spirit, but it does learn to be cooperative.
I'm not a horse.

I will not be broken. Take your "cooperation". I'm not having it.

SassyLady
04-27-2012, 10:30 PM
I'm not a horse. I will not be broken.

Yes, WS, I know that you are not a horse, but I love horses and thinking about spirit made me think of them. I have owned horses and I will tell you that a good horse, with spirit, is not broken. They learn to be cooperative. It's a mutually beneficial relationship.

Wind Song
04-27-2012, 10:31 PM
Yes, WS, I know that you are not a horse, but I love horses and thinking about spirit made me think of them. I have owned horses and I will tell you that a good horse, with spirit, is not broken. They learn to be cooperative. It's a mutually beneficial relationship.

No. I won't do that. I won't be tamed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pynE4tI96FM&feature=results_video&playnext=1&list=PL1C881D2A2A6A8F6E

SassyLady
04-27-2012, 10:33 PM
No. I won't do that. I won't be tamed.

Then you can run wild and take your chances with a broken leg, being attacked by predators, starving, diseased, or captured and sold for dog meat. :slap:

Wind Song
04-27-2012, 10:35 PM
Then you can run wild and take your chances with a broken leg, being attacked by predators, starving, diseased, or captured and sold for dog meat. :slap:

"It's the spirit of the wild things that you love so much to see...set them free!"

Cris Williamson

My father was broken. I will NOT be broken.

fj1200
04-27-2012, 10:36 PM
I will NOT be broken.

Usually people make a comment once and move on.

Wind Song
04-27-2012, 10:37 PM
Usually people make a comment once and move on.

OK. Bye.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-7yjMLNops&feature=related

Dilloduck
04-27-2012, 10:38 PM
I love how a tribute to black women and rape ends up to be all about WS.

fj1200
04-27-2012, 10:38 PM
OK. Bye.

Usually when people say, "bye," they actually log off.

Wind Song
04-27-2012, 10:44 PM
Shut up.

fj1200
04-27-2012, 10:47 PM

She WILL not BE broken.

Wind Song
04-27-2012, 10:49 PM
she will not be broken.
stfu

fj1200
04-27-2012, 10:55 PM
stFu

I will NOT be broken.

DragonStryk72
04-27-2012, 11:00 PM

Signed,

Lifelong "nigger lover".

Note that you, the supposed non-racist, are the first one to use that word. No one else brought it up but you. How is the view from your high horse?

I love you assumption that I am not, and never have been with a black woman. Thank you for that assumption. I'd also like to thank you for glossing over other women's rapes for the sake of your ego. Very classy.

Wind Song
04-27-2012, 11:02 PM
I will NOT be broken.

I could care less. Leave me alone.

SassyLady
04-27-2012, 11:03 PM
Note that you, the supposed non-racist, are the first one to use that word. No one else brought it up but you. How is the view from your high horse?

I love you assumption that I am not, and never have been with a black woman. Thank you for that assumption. I'd also like to thank you for glossing over other women's rapes for the sake of your ego. Very classy.

I think I love you! Are you into older women? Just kidding!

However, I just want to let you know that I've been extremely impressed with your posts. Keep up the good work.

Kathianne
04-27-2012, 11:05 PM

However, I just want to let you know that I've been extremely impressed with your posts. Keep up the good work.

I'll second that! Using black women, rape, puppies, etc. Oh NO!

Wind Song
04-27-2012, 11:05 PM

Get lost.

SassyLady
04-27-2012, 11:06 PM
Get lost.

BACK OFF!!!! He's mine! :laugh:

fj1200
04-27-2012, 11:08 PM
I could care less. Leave me alone.

Moderates cooperate. Cooperation, politically speaking, is counterproductive.

Wind Song
04-27-2012, 11:09 PM

You can have him.

SassyLady
04-27-2012, 11:11 PM

Can you believe I was accused of being a fence sitter and having splinters in my butt? Have I ever come across as a fence sitter? :coffee:

Wind Song
04-27-2012, 11:12 PM

Damn right. Cooperation is counterproductive.

SassyLady
You can have him.

Thank you!! You've made me very happy.

:dance:

Shadow

You know a persons got "issues" if they have a problem with DragonStryk72. He is like the least confrontational poster here. :laugh:

DragonStryk72

lol, thank you, and yes, I've been with older women before.

SassyLady
04-27-2012, 11:13 PM
You know a persons got "issues" if they have a problem with DragonStryk72. He is like the least confrontational poster here. :laugh:

I have a weakness for men who can articulate their viewpoint so passionately....big turn on.

DragonStryk72
04-27-2012, 11:13 PM
Get lost.

No thanks. I've tried that, and it doesn't work, I just keep finding my way back. Very adult response, btw. Bravo! :clap:

fj1200
04-27-2012, 11:14 PM
Damn right. Cooperation is counterproductive.

You can't cooperate with stupid.

Shadow
04-27-2012, 11:15 PM
I have a weakness for men who can articulate their viewpoint so passionately....big turn on.

Me too. Hubba Hubba ;)

SassyLady
04-27-2012, 11:16 PM
You can't cooperate with stupid.

Did you really just say that??? Now I'm gonna have to throw a pie in your face for insulting the Dragon!!!

fj1200
04-27-2012, 11:17 PM
Did you really just say that??? Now I'm gonna have to throw a pie in your face for insulting the Dragon!!!

I DID?!? :saysthreehailmarys:

SassyLady
04-27-2012, 11:20 PM
I DID?!? :saysthreehailmarys:

Ooooopsss! Misread the post ... I thought WS called Dragon stupid. My bad!

Give me that pie back.

Wind Song
04-27-2012, 11:24 PM
Can you believe I was accused of being a fence sitter and having splinters in my butt? Have I ever come across as a fence sitter? :coffee:

It was a pose. I never believed it for a second. I knew what side you were on.

SassyLady
04-27-2012, 11:26 PM
It was a pose. I never believed it for a second. I knew what side you were on.

Yep!!!

My side! I don't need a gang, posse, or clique to be considered a valuable member of a community. I can handle it all on my own.

:mooning:

Kathianne
04-27-2012, 11:27 PM
Yep!!!

My side! I don't need a gang, posse, or clique to be considered a valuable member of a community. I can handle it all on my own.

Who'd have thunk such a think? One or two times I've taken positions that no one agrees with. LOL!

DragonStryk72
04-27-2012, 11:29 PM
Who'd have thunk such a think? One or two times I've taken positions that no one agrees with. LOL!

You just handled it with a degree of dignity.

Wind Song
04-27-2012, 11:29 PM
Yep!!!

Good for you. I'll stay right where I am. Close to the door.

Kathianne
04-27-2012, 11:30 PM
You just handled it with a degree of dignity.

One tries. Sometimes one is even wrong. I know, hard to believe. Then again, sometimes everyone else is wrong!

SassyLady
04-27-2012, 11:31 PM

Now, you're being modest! :clap: