PDA

View Full Version : Man Hired Hitman to Kill Family

nevadamedic
05-21-2007, 12:01 PM
BOSTON, Massachusetts (AP) -- A man tried to hire a hit man to kill his family, including his 7-year-old daughter, even requesting that she be shot in the chest and not the head so there could be an open casket at her funeral, authorities say.

Authorities learned of the plot on Thursday and arrested the man, John Orlowski, on Friday. Orlowski, 49, was scheduled to appear in U.S. District Court Monday on the murder-for-hire charge.

"Thankfully the plot was uncovered by law enforcement, and three innocent victims avoided a horrible tragedy," U.S. Attorney Michael Sullivan said.

Orlowski met the man he wanted to kill his wife, daughter and mother-in-law earlier this year while they were both jail inmates, according to court documents.

He approached the man again after they were released, and even gave him a diagram of his wife's house indicating the location of bedrooms "where the targets slept," and a location in the home where he could find a pistol. Orlowski offered him $2,000 to do the job himself or get one or more of his friends to do it, according to court documents.

But the man was troubled by the plot, especially the prospect of killing a child, so he told his mother, and she called the FBI. The man was unidentified in court papers, but the documents referred to him as a "self-professed member of the Crips gang."

Working with the FBI, the man met with Orlowski on Friday and taped a conversation in which Orlowski specified how many bullets he wanted in each victim -- one in the chest for his daughter and two each in the head for his wife and mother-in-law, according to authorities.

Orlowski and his wife were amid divorce proceedings, and she had taken out a restraining order against him earlier this year, according to court documents. In January, Orlowski was arrested at his wife's home and charged with violating the restraining order, domestic assault and battery and unlawful storage of firearms. Police seized 121 guns owned by Orlowski.

Orlowski was arrested a second time a month later at his wife's home, and charged again with violating the restraining order and unlawful possession of a machine gun. After his second arrest, he was jailed in Middleton, where he met the man he allegedly tried to hire to kill his family.

During the recorded conversation, the man repeatedly expressed concern that Orlowski might regret the killing of his daughter.

But Orlowski assured the man that he would have no such regret, saying at one point, "It's got more to do with my wife than anything," according to the affidavit.

Copyright 2007 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

What a piece of shit, then he said to shoot his daughter in the chest so they could have an open casket?!? :mad:

darin
05-21-2007, 12:08 PM
Ya know? I wonder why more isn't done to stop wives from destroying a husband's life during a divorce. I'm not excusing this guy - but it's probably another example of how BIASED the legal system is; where something like this can drive a guy to wanna kill people.

5stringJeff
05-21-2007, 01:41 PM
Biased legal system or not, this guy was FULAC.

Mr. P
05-21-2007, 02:16 PM
come on guys....

Debate Policy Rules & Guidelines

Copyright Infringement - When posting something as fact, it's always best to supply a link to your source if possible. While we encourage the use of linking to sources, please refrain from posting articles in their entirety. The first paragraph or 2 would be fine with a link to the rest of the article. This is acceptable under the fair use doctrine but copying of entire articles will likely result in copyright infringement, and your post may be removed and/or edited to protect the community.

-Cp
05-21-2007, 02:21 PM
come on guys....

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,274197,00.html

manu1959
05-21-2007, 02:25 PM
this dude should be shot in both kneecaps and both elbows.....then hit in the forehead with a ballpeen hammer

Monkeybone
05-21-2007, 02:58 PM
i could understand the wife and mother-in-law (not that i am for it, just understand) but the daughter? that is where the guy crosses the county line into Crazyville aka either coast.

Monkeybone
05-21-2007, 02:59 PM
PS- i do like the coasts

Hugh Lincoln
05-21-2007, 08:54 PM
The hitman was charging 2K? I think this should have been the tip-off. Why not offer to do it for a pack of cigarettes?