PDA

View Full Version : Internet activism

Noir
04-30-2012, 07:29 AM
Has to be said, some internet campaigns come and go and are little more than sideshows, but IMO this on is hilarious xD

Basically it was recently proposed that the UK Government should enact a bill to allow the state to store all e-mails sent on a huge national database. Inevitably there has been pretty wide spread outrage, and inevitable Facebook, Twitter, and Blogging campaigns against it swell as traditional media.

Anyways tomorrow heralds national "cc all your e-mails to Theresa May" Day (Theresa is our Home Secretary, her department deals with National Security and will be in charge of the database) in a 'well if she really wants are emails, she can have them' sark lol

I wouldn't fancy working in Teresa's office tomorrow, she only has two aides, and they are going to spend a lot of their day deleting penis enlargement adverts xD my fav comment so far is "She's getting soooooo many penis enlargement recommendations, she'll be hung like an elephant by the time I've finished with her."

http://i49.tinypic.com/25p6cmv.png

I'm gonna be sending various reviews, critiques, and analysis of Orwell's 1984 ^,^

Dilloduck
04-30-2012, 09:18 AM
Has to be said, some internet campaigns come and go and are little more than sideshows, but IMO this on is hilarious xD

Basically it was recently proposed that the UK Government should enact a bill to allow the state to store all e-mails sent on a huge national database. Inevitably there has been pretty wide spread outrage, and inevitable Facebook, Twitter, and Blogging campaigns against it swell as traditional media.

Anyways tomorrow heralds national "cc all your e-mails to Theresa May" Day (Theresa is our Home Secretary, her department deals with National Security and will be in charge of the database) in a 'well if she really wants are emails, she can have them' sark lol

I wouldn't fancy working in Teresa's office tomorrow, she only has two aides, and they are going to spend a lot of their day deleting penis enlargement adverts xD my fav comment so far is "She's getting soooooo many penis enlargement recommendations, she'll be hung like an elephant by the time I've finished with her."

http://i49.tinypic.com/25p6cmv.png

I'm gonna be sending various reviews, critiques, and analysis of Orwell's 1984 ^,^

Y'all are starting to act like some Americans I know.