PDA

View Full Version : Obama Campaign Focuses on Achievements

Wind Song
04-30-2012, 09:51 AM
"According to archive records in the Congressional Budget Office, the increases or decreases in our debt by presidents are as follows: Jimmy Carter, decrease 0.4 percent; Ronald Reagan, increase 89.2 percent; George H. W. Bush, increase 37.7 percent; Bill Clinton, increase 13.4 percent; George W. Bush, increase 41.5 percent; and finally Barack Obama (to date), increase 12.5 percent.
To make that clearer for you, that is 168.4 percent total debt increase by Republican presidents and 25.5 percent increase by Democrats. It seems quite logical as to which party we need to keep out of the Oval Office — Republicans!"
http://www.mlive.com/opinion/kalamazoo/index.ssf/2012/04/president_obama_deserves_vote.html

Wind Song
04-30-2012, 09:53 AM
"Obama has overhauled the food safety system
Advanced women's rights in the work place
Ended Don't Ask, Don't Tell (DADT) in our military
Stopped defending DOMA in court.
Passed the Hate Crimes bill.
Appointed two pro-choice women to the Supreme Court.
Expanded access to medical care and provided subsidies for people who can't afford it.
Expanded the Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP)
Fixed the preexisting conditions travesty [and rescissions] in health insurance.
Invested in clean energy.
Overhauled the credit card industry, making it much more consumer-friendly.
While Dodd-Frank bill was weak in many respects, it was still an extremely worthwhile start at re-regulating the financial sector.
He created a Elizabeth Warren's dream agency: The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau.
He's done a lot for veterans
He got help for people whose health was injured during the clean-up after the 9/11 attacks

He's killed Osama Bin Laden
Eliminated several other Al-Qaeda leaders
Ended the War in Iraq
Begun the drawdown of forces from Afghanistan
End-run Republican obstructionism by recess-appointing Richard Cordray to run the Consumer Financial Protection Board.

http://obamaachievements.org/

Wind Song
04-30-2012, 10:00 AM
President Barack Obama (http://topics.bloomberg.com/barack-obama/) unveiled his “secret agenda” for a second term last night, vowing to “win the war on Christmas” and replace the former ban on gays serving openly in the military with a policy called “It’s Raining Men.”
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-04-29/obama-dinner-jokes.html

fj1200
04-30-2012, 10:39 AM
Per usual there is confusion with things that happened with things that he accomplished, things that Congress does and things POTUS just signs, and things that are good versus things that are merely popular.

Wind Song
04-30-2012, 10:45 AM
Per usual there is confusion with things that happened with things that he accomplished, things that Congress does and things POTUS just signs, and things that are good versus things that are merely popular.

Yes, and even with that "confusion" Obama shines over Romney easily.

fj1200
04-30-2012, 10:47 AM
Yes, and even with that "confusion" Obama shines over Romney easily.

How can you say that? Romney was not the subject of any of your posts. The confusion could be easily cleared with an open mind, debt levels for example; Who was in control of Congress under Reagan vs. Clinton?

Wind Song
04-30-2012, 10:57 AM
How can you say that? Romney was not the subject of any of your posts. The confusion could be easily cleared with an open mind, debt levels for example; Who was in control of Congress under Reagan vs. Clinton?

How can I say that? Easily.

fj1200
04-30-2012, 11:00 AM
How can I say that? Easily.

You didn't provide any evidence to back your statement. Certainly economic performance is not indicative.

Wind Song
04-30-2012, 11:02 AM
You didn't provide any evidence to back your statement. Certainly economic performance is not indicative.

We could have ended up in a depression. We didn't.

DragonStryk72
04-30-2012, 11:03 AM
"Obama has overhauled the food safety system

Um, how? I don't remember any big overhauls

Advanced women's rights in the work place

Did they not have rights in the workplace before? In the 60s & 70s, this was an issue, but we've

Ended Don't Ask, Don't Tell (DADT) in our military

Which was started by Clinton, and continued without issue under Bush.

Stopped defending DOMA in court.

But did nothing to actually pass gay marriage, despite having a veto-proof majority in both House and Senate when he came into office.

Passed the Hate Crimes bill.
Assault was already a crime, so what exactly did the hate crime bill do? It made illegal things illegal, which by definition, were illegal already.
Appointed two pro-choice women to the Supreme Court.
Yes, a liberal appointed two liberal judges. We've had pro-choice folks on the Supreme Court for a while now, and the first female Supreme Court justice was Sandra Day O' Connor, who was appointed by Reagan.
Expanded access to medical care and provided subsidies for people who can't afford it.
Access was never the problem. A lot of people don't have health insurance on the point that because they're not full-time employees, they aren't eligible, which hasn't changed at all, btw. Then you have the people who opted out.
Expanded the Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP)
He didn't really expand it, he signed it into law since the majority wanted it. Don't fogret, some of those votes came from Republicans.
Fixed the preexisting conditions travesty [and rescissions] in health insurance.
If he had stopped there, he would have come out ahead, but no, he screwed up and kept going, creating a clusterfuck that now has to go to the Supreme Court to get resolved.
Invested in clean energy.
So has every President since Carter. Obama gets no points on that.
Overhauled the credit card industry, making it much more consumer-friendly.

While Dodd-Frank bill was weak in many respects, it was still an extremely worthwhile start at re-regulating the financial sector.
You don't get points for a weak bill, period. "Sure it sucks, but we tried" isn't a positive.
He created a Elizabeth Warren's dream agency: The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau.
Oh yes, because we never tried to protect the consumer before Obama, so clearly, we absolutely needed another federal agency mucking the whole process up. Sure, we could have just tried enforcing the current laws that already have protections in them, but people can't see that, so it's better to leave the laws alone and just create new Bureaus.
He's done a lot for veterans
UM did he? I don't remember the care package. Guys, help me out on this one?
He got help for people whose health was injured during the clean-up after the 9/11 attacks
So did Bush.

He's killed Osama Bin Laden
Okay, he's gets points for this, but then, so does Bush, since he started the hunt, and Obama merely finished it.
Eliminated several other Al-Qaeda leaders
See my Osma Bin-Laden response. If he gets point, the republican leader who did the same thing should also get the points.
Ended the War in Iraq
Except we still have troops there, he just declared the "war" over. Oh people are still fighting us, but it's not a war anymore cause the President said saw.
Begun the drawdown of forces from Afghanistan
As he looks to Iran. Cause that's what we really need, to get into another fricking war.
End-run Republican obstructionism by recess-appointing Richard Cordray to run the Consumer Financial Protection Board.

You already mentioned this one earlier.
http://obamaachievements.org/

Yeah, no thanks. I think I'll look for something better

fj1200
04-30-2012, 11:05 AM

:laugh: BO did nothing to prevent that.

DragonStryk72
04-30-2012, 11:05 AM

Um, that's not a success for one. Second, technically we did, they just didn't want to call it that cause it sounds bad. We had higher unemployment than the Depression, as well as harder Stock drops and economic strife.

Wind Song
04-30-2012, 11:06 AM

Fine. Bye.

CSM
04-30-2012, 11:07 AM
Interesting.

I suppose now that Obama has proven himself by "killing Osama Bin Laden" and "eliminating other Al-Quaeda leaders" we can further cut military spending by standing down those apparently now useless SEAL teams and other special forces. I swear Obama's magnificence grows with each passing hour! Heck, I bet if he got Michelle involved, we could eliminate the US military entirely!

Wind Song
04-30-2012, 11:08 AM
Interesting.

I suppose now that Obama has proven himself by "killing Osama Bin Laden" and "eliminating other Al-Quaeda leaders" we can further cut military spending by standing down those apparently now useless SEAL teams and other special forces. I swear Obama's magnificence grows with each passing hour! Heck, I bet if he got Michelle involved, we could eliminate the US military entirely!

Yes, let's reduce military spending. I'm all for it!

fj1200
04-30-2012, 11:09 AM
Fine. Bye.

You didn't like his systematic response to your post? The list is harder to defend than just to post isn't it?

DragonStryk72
04-30-2012, 11:11 AM
Fine. Bye.

I didn't know you were going somewhere.

See, this is the part where you respond, and we have a back and forth discussion on the points, otherwise known as debate. Sort of the whole point of this site.

Wind Song
04-30-2012, 11:25 AM
I didn't know you were going somewhere.

See, this is the part where you respond, and we have a back and forth discussion on the points, otherwise known as debate. Sort of the whole point of this site.

I have to leave the house for an appointment in five minutes. Do you understand?

DragonStryk72
04-30-2012, 11:26 AM
I have to leave the house for an appointment in five minutes. Do you understand?

You know, there is always an excuse with you. You acted specifically dismissive, but here's the thing: If you didn't have time for a debate, why on God's Earth did you start a debate on a debate site?

Wind Song
04-30-2012, 11:29 AM
You know, there is always an excuse with you. You acted specifically dismissive, but here's the thing: If you didn't have time for a debate, why on God's Earth did you start a debate on a debate site?

I post here for fun on my FREE TIME.

Monkeybone
04-30-2012, 11:57 AM
So why don't you just wait to post a complete response?

Little-Acorn
04-30-2012, 12:29 PM
Well, that takes care of the daily recitiation of leftist lies and other talking points.

BTW, the Debt was $10.6T when Obama took office, and is $15.6T now, a 47% increase during Obama's term rather than the 12.5% you are trying to pretend. I haven't bothered checking the rest of your "facts". Would it be reasonable to conclude that they are equally bogus?

Better luck next time.

http://www.treasurydirect.gov/NP/BPDLogin?application=np

jimnyc
04-30-2012, 01:05 PM
I was about to make a lengthier post until I saw LA's reply. How ANYONE can brag about Obama's or the Dems regarding debt and such is hilarious. 5 TRILLION DOLLARS in 4 years. He has added as much debt to the US than like 30 presidents combined. Some people will read shitty articles and take it as gospel, and place these articles above ACTUAL FACTS.

jimnyc
04-30-2012, 01:06 PM

Are you saying that these list of "facts" and "accomplishments" from WS are a little exaggerated or embellished? The majority of them are a load of crap.

DragonStryk72
04-30-2012, 01:21 PM

Yes, and you could on any other sort of forum in the world, but no, you choose a debate forum, then brush off debating.

Wind Song
04-30-2012, 03:05 PM
So why don't you just wait to post a complete response?

OK. I won't post on the topic on until I'm ready to post "a complete response".:laugh:

Overhauled the food safety system;

Approved the Lily Ledbetter "Equal Pay" for women rule;

Ended "Don't Ask/Don't Tell" discrimination in the military;

Passed the Hate Crimes bill in Congress;

Appointed two progressive women to the U.S. Supreme Court including the first Latina;

Pushed through the Affordable Health Care Act, outlawing denial of coverage for pre-existing conditions, extending until age 26 health care coverage of children under parent's plans, steps toward "Medicare for All;"

Expanded the State Children's Health Insurance Program (SCHIP) health care for children;

Pushed through a $789 economic stimulus bill that saved or created 3 million jobs and began task of repairing the nation's infrastructure;

Overhauled the credit card industry, making it more consumer friendly;

Established the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau and used a recess appointment to keep it on track in the face of GOP attempts to derail it;

Also outmaneuvered GOP in naming two members of the National Labor Relations Board blocked by the Republicans in their attempt to shut down the NLRB;

Won two extensions of the debt ceiling and extensions of unemployment compensation in the face of Republican threats to shut down the U.S. government;

Pulled troops out of Iraq and began draw down of troops in Afghanistan.
http://www.peoplesworld.org/professor-lists-obama-accomplishments-over-244-and-growing/

fj1200
05-01-2012, 08:00 AM
OK. I won't post on the topic on until I'm ready to post "a complete response".:laugh:

http://www.peoplesworld.org/professor-lists-obama-accomplishments-over-244-and-growing/
Induced 100 million people to drink kool-aid.

You missed one. Oh, and this doesn't rise to the level of a complete response.

Wind Song
05-01-2012, 08:02 AM
You missed one. Oh, and this doesn't rise to the level of a complete response.

I'm reporting you for altering my post. You aren't serious about debating at all.

fj1200
05-01-2012, 08:04 AM
I'm reporting you for altering my post. You aren't serious about debating at all.

:laugh:

"Hey pot, kettle calling."

Wind Song
05-01-2012, 08:06 AM

"Hey pot, kettle calling."

I haven't altered YOUR posts. I think it makes sense for the President to focus on his achievements during the election.

fj1200
05-01-2012, 08:09 AM
I haven't altered YOUR posts.

And I haven't altered yours in any way that someone doesn't know what I changed.

Wind Song
05-01-2012, 08:10 AM
And I haven't altered yours in any way that someone doesn't know what I changed.

You have no right to do so.

I reported it.

darin
05-01-2012, 08:13 AM

Appointed two progressive women to the U.S. Supreme Court including the first Latina;

Pushed through the Affordable Health Care Act, outlawing denial of coverage for pre-existing conditions, extending until age 26 health care coverage of children under parent's plans, steps toward "Medicare for All;"

Expanded the State Children's Health Insurance Program (SCHIP) health care for children;

Pushed through a $789 economic stimulus bill that saved or created 3 million jobs and began task of repairing the nation's infrastructure;

Established the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau and used a recess appointment to keep it on track in the face of GOP attempts to derail it;

Also outmaneuvered GOP in naming two members of the National Labor Relations Board blocked by the Republicans in their attempt to shut down the NLRB;

Won two extensions of the debt ceiling and extensions of unemployment compensation in the face of Republican threats to shut down the U.S. government;

Before you start another list of lies or falsehoods, or bad ideas, maybe answer the response to your first list of bullshit?

How? Why did it need overhauling?

Purely political piece of legislation.

Women, on average, earn less than men mostly because of individual choices. Discrimination is not a key factor in the gender pay gap.
http://www.freedomworks.org/blog/jborowski/the-myth-of-the-gender-wage-gap

...a policy started by a liberal democrat.

Any politician or leader who passes "hate crime" bill should be fired on the spot.

...and you don't seem to care if they were QUALIFIED? Well, the fact they are "progressive" means its impossible for those ladies to have a shred of common sense or wisdom. Again, that's another strike against the President.

And by way extending a hearty FUCK YOU to the working-class parents whose premiums skyrocket because now they have to pay for their lazy 'professional student' child, while granted exemptions to his fat-cat big-labor thugs. how nice.

...extending a royal FUCK YOU to hard-working parents who look out for their OWN offspring's health care.

...extending a hearty FUCK YOU to the constitution...and, besides the fact your statement is a bald-faced LIE, it's clear you haven't done any research on what actually happened with that fiasco.

Prove it.

...if GOPs apposed the Bureau its because we need LESS Gov't, not more.

You have very shitty definitions of "Goodness"

WON? You mean "He was ALLOWED". Lemme get this straight - what you are praising is the govt spending MORE money than it had. Holy Hell.

...on schedule +/- with the timelines President Bush initiated...BFD.

Do you have one original, rational thought in your brain?

fj1200
05-01-2012, 08:14 AM

I reported it.

:thumb: You may be correct in that I am the first poster in the history of interwebinator forum posting to do so. :poke:

darin
05-01-2012, 08:15 AM

He did not alter your post in a way to make people believe YOU said something you didn't say. He clearly identified the part HE ADDED. The mechanism of his reply is sound; with substantiated precedent for use. No foul here.

Wind Song
05-01-2012, 09:01 AM
Before you start another list of lies or falsehoods, or bad ideas, maybe answer the response to your first list of bullshit?

[/LIST]
How? Why did it need overhauling?

Purely political piece of legislation.

Women, on average, earn less than men mostly because of individual choices. Discrimination is not a key factor in the gender pay gap.
http://www.freedomworks.org/blog/jborowski/the-myth-of-the-gender-wage-gap

[/LIST]
...a policy started by a liberal democrat.

[/LIST]
Any politician or leader who passes "hate crime" bill should be fired on the spot.

...and you don't seem to care if they were QUALIFIED? Well, the fact they are "progressive" means its impossible for those ladies to have a shred of common sense or wisdom. Again, that's another strike against the President.

[/LIST]
And by way extending a hearty FUCK YOU to the working-class parents whose premiums skyrocket because now they have to pay for their lazy 'professional student' child, while granted exemptions to his fat-cat big-labor thugs. how nice.

...extending a royal FUCK YOU to hard-working parents who look out for their OWN offspring's health care.

...extending a hearty FUCK YOU to the constitution...and, besides the fact your statement is a bald-faced LIE, it's clear you haven't done any research on what actually happened with that fiasco.

Prove it.

[/LIST]
...if GOPs apposed the Bureau its because we need LESS Gov't, not more.

[/LIST]

You have very shitty definitions of "Goodness"

WON? You mean "He was ALLOWED". Lemme get this straight - what you are praising is the govt spending MORE money than it had. Holy Hell.

...on schedule +/- with the timelines President Bush initiated...BFD.

Do you have one original, rational thought in your brain?

Put your posts in paragraphs please.

fj1200
05-01-2012, 09:06 AM

Quite demandful today eh?

darin
05-01-2012, 09:09 AM

No. You're stalling; hurriedly googling to find answers to my responses. Because you can't argue on your intellect or knowledge, you rely SOLELY upon the words of others.

Wind Song
05-01-2012, 09:55 AM
Quite demandful today eh?

Please. It's a request.

No. You're stalling; hurriedly googling to find answers to my responses. Because you can't argue on your intellect or knowledge, you rely SOLELY upon the words of others.

That's one interpretion. I have another, the truth. My internet went down.

jimnyc
05-01-2012, 10:12 AM

I reported it.

If you read the rules of the board - then you would also know that what he did was fine. You wasted your time in reporting something that is clearly spelled out in what you supposedly read already.

Wind Song
05-01-2012, 10:14 AM
If you read the rules of the board - then you would also know that what he did was fucked. You wasted your time in reporting something that I don't give a shit about changing.

Trigg
05-01-2012, 10:59 AM
it would be nice if a thread could stay on topc.:salute:

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/cbo-obama-s-policies-increase-national-debt-47-percent-217-trillion-2022

The updated outlook, released Tuesday, found that current Obama administration policies will result in a 50 percent increase in debt held by the public and a 40 percent increase in intra-governmental debt held in the trust funds of entitlement programs

Should Obama win a second term in January, he will leave office with a projected $18.4 trillion national debt – an increase of $7.8 trillion in the eight years Obama will have been in office. The national debt stood at $10.6 trillion in January 2009 when Obama took office.

Wind Song
05-01-2012, 11:04 AM
it would be nice if a thread could stay on topc.:salute:

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/cbo-obama-s-policies-increase-national-debt-47-percent-217-trillion-2022

The President's achievements--how about YOU stay on topic instead of criticising him.

Trigg
05-01-2012, 11:12 AM
The President's achievements--how about YOU stay on topic instead of criticising him.

I'm stating facts from the congressional business office.

You are the one who started with the debt. It was in YOUR article.

Wind Song
05-01-2012, 11:13 AM
I'm stating facts from the congressional business office.

You are the one who started with the debt. It was in YOUR article.

I'm saying that we can credit the President with some achievements. This is my OP article: http://www.peoplesworld.org/professor-lists-obama-accomplishments-over-244-and-growing/

fj1200
05-01-2012, 11:20 AM

:laugh: Only things someone characterized as an achievement please. BO has advanced us on the way to a cancer cure; an accomplishment surely.

Kathianne
05-01-2012, 11:24 AM
I'm saying that we can credit the President with some achievements. This is my OP article: http://www.peoplesworld.org/professor-lists-obama-accomplishments-over-244-and-growing/

No one must get in lockstep with your position. Ignore those you wish.

Wind Song
05-01-2012, 11:37 AM
President Obama will win because he is the well liked incumbent. He is seen as trying hard to do the right thing. Romney is more establishment than Obama, and there is an anti-establishment mood in the country. Obama is hard to criticize given his record with bin Laden, Al Awlaki, Qaddafi, meeting his promise in Iraq, starting to get out of Afghanistan, and restoring America's international reputation.

Trigg
05-01-2012, 11:39 AM

You are free to credit him, but this is a DEBATE forum and since I don't agree that some are achievements I am going to DEBATE you.

Obama promised that unemployment would not get above 8% with his stimulus. http://data.bls.gov/timeseries/LNS14000000

<caption><form method="POST" name="excel" action="/pdq/SurveyOutputServlet" target="_blank">Download:<input style="vertical-align: middle;" id="download_xls" alt="Download as an Excel File" value="Download as an Excel File" src="/images/buttons/download_button_xls.gif" type="image"><input name="request_action" value="get_data" type="hidden"><input name="reformat" value="true" type="hidden"><input name="from_results_page" value="true" type="hidden"><input name="years_option" value="specific_years" type="hidden"><input name="delimiter" value="comma" type="hidden"><input name="output_type" value="multi" type="hidden"><input name="periods_option" value="all_periods" type="hidden"><input name="output_view" value="data" type="hidden"><input name="to_year" value="2012" type="hidden"><input name="from_year" value="2002" type="hidden"><input name="output_format" value="excelTable" type="hidden"><input name="original_output_type" value="default" type="hidden"><input name="series_id" value="LNS14000000" type="hidden"></form>
</caption><thead>
Year
Jan
Feb
Mar
Apr
May
Jun
Jul
Aug
Sep
Oct
Nov
Dec
Annual

</thead><tbody>

</tbody>

In fact it rose to a high of 10%

tailfins
05-01-2012, 11:40 AM

Holy hammer and sickles, Batman. That's the Communist Party USA (Gus Hall and company).

Wind Song
05-01-2012, 11:41 AM
If President Obama is re-elected and is partially successful in getting his tax agenda passed, I believe that both municipal bonds (http://www.learnbonds.com/municipal-bonds/) and corporate bonds (http://www.learnbonds.com/corporate-bonds/) could rise in price.
http://www.learnbonds.com/obama-tax-policies/

Kathianne
05-01-2012, 11:42 AM
Holy hammer and sickles, Batman. That's the Communist Party USA (Gus Hall and company).

I wondered if anyone else would recognize that.

Wind Song
05-01-2012, 11:44 AM
Health care reform alone constitutes a major legislative legacy. The Recovery Act launched infrastructure and energy projects that could shape the economy and education for a generation. The financial regulation bill created a new consumer bureau and a new regimen for regulating the banks.
http://www.tnr.com/article/politics/101568/symposium-jonathan-cohn-obama-winning

Little-Acorn
05-01-2012, 11:44 AM

I reported it.

I just checked all of little windy's posts here.

None has been altered in any way. They are still exactly as she posted them.

My BS meter is getting sore from slapping the far side of the scale so hard, every time little windy posts.

Wind Song
05-01-2012, 11:46 AM
I just checked all of little windy's posts here.

None has been altered in any way. They are still exactly as she posted them.

My BS meter is getting sore from slapping the right side of the scale hard, every time little windy posts.

Check with Jim. He says it's perfectly OK to alter other people's posts.

Trigg
05-01-2012, 11:50 AM
Health care reform alone constitutes a major legislative legacy. The Recovery Act launched infrastructure and energy projects that could shape the economy and education for a generation. The financial regulation bill created a new consumer bureau and a new regimen for regulating the banks.
http://www.tnr.com/article/politics/101568/symposium-jonathan-cohn-obama-winning

Did you forget about the Supreme Court and the debate going on there???

Wind Song
05-01-2012, 11:52 AM
Did you forget about the Supreme Court and the debate going on there???

Be specific.

Trigg
05-01-2012, 11:54 AM
Be specific.

you pointed out bambam's heathcare bill.

I mentioned the debate going on in the supreme court.

What specifically do you think I'm talking about?

Wind Song
05-01-2012, 11:56 AM
you pointed out bambam's heathcare bill.

I mentioned the debate going on in the supreme court.

What specifically do you think I'm talking about?

I don't think of the President as "bam bam". Do you usually post so immaturely? The Healthcare bill is one of his greatest achievements to date.

darin
05-01-2012, 12:00 PM

Liar.

I wanna ban you out of spite and disgust of your filth, lying, and hatred of the poor - you love the guy who is making the poor, poorer. But...(sigh)...I wont.

Trigg
05-01-2012, 12:01 PM
I don't think of the President as "bam bam". Do you usually post so immaturely? The Healthcare bill is one of his greatest achievements to date.

It won't be if the Supreme Court deems it unconstitutional, it'll just be an embarrassment to bambam. Which is why I asked if you had forgotten about the debate going there.

I

Wind Song
05-01-2012, 12:02 PM
Liar.

I wanna ban you out of spite and disgust of your filth, lying, and hatred of the poor - you love the guy who is making the poor, poorer. But...(sigh)...I wont.

Hey, calm down. You're having a bad day. I reported a post of mine that had been altered, and Jim told me that was not illegal.

Yes, I know you want to ban me. You're not personally powerful as a poster so you want to throw your weight around.

Wind Song
05-01-2012, 12:04 PM
It won't be if the Supreme Court deems it unconstitutional, it'll just be an embarrassment to bambam. Which is why I asked if you had forgotten about the debate going there.

I

President Obama's legacy will include this Health Care bill. "bam bam" is a cartoon on fred flintstone.

tailfins

I think of him as Barry Soetoro whose primary allegiance is to the nation of Kenya. In that sense I agree with you: Soetoro doesn't go very well with "bam bam".

darin
Hey, calm down. You're having a bad day. I reported a post of mine that had been altered, and Jim told me that was not illegal.

Yes, I know you want to ban me. You're not personally powerful as a poster so you want to throw your weight around.

No, Jim told you - and I told you - the guy did NOT alter your post in a way that was forbidden. In fact, he didn't ALTER - he add-ed too, but did so clearly.

I'm sorry you're having trouble following. try www.hop.com you filthy, angry SOB.

Trigg
05-01-2012, 12:06 PM
President Obama's legacy will include this Health Care bill. "bam bam" is a cartoon on fred flintstone.

How does it help bambam's legacy if his health care bill is deemed unconstitutional?????

Wind Song
05-01-2012, 12:07 PM
I think of him as Barry Soetoro whose primary allegiance is to the nation of Kenya. In that sense I agree with you: Soetoro doesn't go very well with "bam bam".

Are you a birther? Do you have to emphasize the President's ethnicity? His blackness? Are you calling him "bam bam" instead of "nigger"?

tailfins
05-01-2012, 12:09 PM
Are you a birther? Do you have to emphasize the President's ethnicity? His blackness? Are you calling him "bam bam" instead of "n****r"?

Where he was born is less important than his loyalties. His loyalties are NOT with the USA.

Trigg
05-01-2012, 12:09 PM
Are you a birther? Do you have to emphasize the President's ethnicity? His blackness? Are you calling him "bam bam" instead of "nigger"?

I called him bambam not tailfins.

Again how will it help bambam if his health care bill is found unconstitutional? It fails to be a legacy and turns into an embarrassment.

jimnyc
05-01-2012, 12:18 PM
Health care reform alone constitutes a major legislative legacy.

And the one and major thing against his re-election, and will solidify him losing if the SC strikes down the constitutionality. The majority of Americans want healthcare and the majority think his plan is wrong.

jimnyc
05-01-2012, 12:19 PM

I NEVER said that, you LIAR. I simply said to refer to the rules - which CLEARLY state that if someone does so, they must make it clear to the reader that they have in fact altered the quote. Stop lying about how I moderate.

Wind Song
05-01-2012, 12:23 PM
Where he was born is less important than his loyalties. His loyalties are NOT with the USA.

You have no evidence of that. The President was born in the US--in Hawaii and he is a loyal American. I think you don't like his skin color.

Little-Acorn
05-01-2012, 12:24 PM
How does it help bambam's legacy if his health care bill is deemed unconstitutional?????

That won't eliminate bambam's legacy. It will merely create him a new one.

Wind Song
I NEVER said that, you LIAR. I simply said to refer to the rules - which CLEARLY state that if someone does so, they must make it clear to the reader that they have in fact altered the quote. Stop lying about how I moderate.

My misunderstanding. I apologize.

tailfins

What if you want to mask a cuss word or do a partial quote to highlight the part of the post you're responding to?

Kathianne
You have no evidence of that. The President was born in the US--in Hawaii and he is a loyal American. I think you don't like his skin color.

Race card, well played. Can't you find a sexism charge?

jimnyc
05-01-2012, 12:26 PM
What if you want to mask a cuss word or do a partial quote to highlight the part of the post you're responding to?

We're more than fair here. I see that you asterisk out some cuss words here and there, and that's not an issue and need not be pointed out by yourself. We would never penalize someone for taking the higher road. :)

Little-Acorn
Well, that takes care of the daily recitiation of leftist lies and other talking points.

BTW, the Debt was $10.6T when Obama took office, and is $15.6T now, a 47% increase during Obama's term rather than the 12.5% you are trying to pretend. I haven't bothered checking the rest of your "facts". Would it be reasonable to conclude that they are equally bogus?

Better luck next time.

http://www.treasurydirect.gov/NP/BPDLogin?application=np

No reply, unsurprisingly. I guess being flat wrong on even the most basic parts of her post, is unimportant to little windy.

jimnyc

What specifically has he stated to make you accuse him of being a racist?

Wind Song
05-01-2012, 12:27 PM
Race card, well played. Can't you find a sexism charge?

Birthers are ridiculous racists.

jimnyc
05-01-2012, 12:28 PM
No reply, unsurprisingly. I guess being flat wrong on even the most basic parts of her post, is unimportant to little windy.

Not to piggyback, but I made a post about how much he has added to the debt too. These FACTS are difficult to debate and defend, so it's easier to just ignore the post entirely, which she does often when presented with facts that dispute her own version.

jimnyc
05-01-2012, 12:30 PM

The overwhelming majority of folks that believe he was born elsewhere, that I personally know, aren't racist at all. Why would wanting proof that a US President is within the COTUS automatically make someone a racist?

Methinks the way that YOU toss around the race card and accuse everyone of being racist when they disagree with anything Obama, is what is most racist to me.

tailfins
05-01-2012, 12:32 PM

I think they are hilarious. They produce material great for :poke: . If you paid attention, you would notice most people don't take them seriously.

Wind Song
05-01-2012, 12:34 PM
Not to piggyback, but I made a post about how much he has added to the debt too. These FACTS are difficult to debate and defend, so it's easier to just ignore the post entirely, which she does often when presented with facts that dispute her own version.

The debt has gone up during the President's term. It's gone up during EVERY President's term.

fj1200
05-01-2012, 12:41 PM
The debt has gone up during the President's term. It's gone up during EVERY President's term.

So, is the 12.5% figure accurate?

jimnyc
05-01-2012, 12:42 PM

Except that it went up like 5 trillion dollars in Obama's term, in just ONE term he surpassed the spending of 'almost' every president combined. Instead of reading biased articles, go back and read the FACTUAL documents that Little Acorn posted, that you ignored.

tailfins
05-01-2012, 12:51 PM
Except that it went up like 5 trillion dollars in Obama's term, in just ONE term he surpassed the spending of 'almost' every president combined. Instead of reading biased articles, go back and read the FACTUAL documents that Little Acorn posted, that you ignored.

Between drying up available credit with government borrowing and inflating the money supply he is badly impeding the economy. Most people's lives are more difficult because of the Agitator in Chief.

Little-Acorn
05-01-2012, 05:08 PM

That sound you just heard, was little windy running away from the truth with her tail clamped firmly between her hind legs.

Again.

This is getting SO predictable.

Wind Song
05-01-2012, 05:13 PM
That sound you just heard, was little windy running away from the truth with her tail clamped firmly between her hind legs.

Again.

This is getting SO predictable.

What's predictable about you is you don't post TO me but ABOUT me. That's fine. You're worth skipping over.

DragonStryk72
05-01-2012, 05:38 PM

We have. Have you? You won't answer the people who are debating with you, so really, you're just enabling the hell out of the off-topic posters.

Kathianne
05-01-2012, 05:40 PM
We have. Have you? You won't answer the people who are debating with you, so really, you're just enabling the hell out of the off-topic posters.

makes sense since she seems to bring with her a bunch of enablers. She's recruited a few here too.

DragonStryk72
05-01-2012, 05:44 PM

Um, no it hasn't. 1) there was a time when our country wasn't in debt, so that right there is pretty much denies the "EVERY" that you saw fit to make sure we would see by capitalizing it.

2) the deficit went down under Clinton, not up, as posted by you, I believe. So does he not count anymore?

Little-Acorn
05-01-2012, 05:46 PM

Like this?

You now claim you want people to stay on topic. Yet when I do exactly that, you somehow start avoiding that very topic, never address it again, and start attacking the messenger instead. Along with your usual overdose of whining that others aren't treating you right.

Are you still going to pretend you don't know why so many people have such a poor opinion of you... AND your agenda?

SassyLady
05-01-2012, 05:58 PM
If we only stick to Obama's achievements, there would be very little to discuss in this thread.

Little-Acorn
05-01-2012, 06:20 PM
"You must spread some reputation around before giving it to SassyLady again."

Damn.

Little-Acorn
05-01-2012, 06:31 PM
Two significant achievements of President Obama come to mind.

1.) He got bin Laden.

2.) His policies got a record number of Democrats booted out of the House and Senate in 2010.

Both did the nation a lot of good. I'm not sure which one did more.

BTW:

Q. Why didn't the American people give the Republicans a majority in the Senate in 2010, as they did in the House?
A. Because only 1/3 of the Senate seats were up for grabs.

If the results for the 1/3 that were being voted on, were extended to the other 2/3, Republicans would have been given a filibuster-proof majority in the Senate.

Little-Acorn
05-02-2012, 11:39 AM
Ummm... wasn't somebody screaming at us to stay on topic, discuss Obama's achievements, etc.?

Now that we are.... where did she go?

Wind Song
05-02-2012, 11:47 AM

I will vote for the President over Romney any day.

jon_forward
05-03-2012, 04:11 PM
I will vote for the President over Romney any day. That day is coming real fast,windsong. I wish it was tomorrow cause Nov cant come fast enough for myself and the majority of true Americans. not only has bo single-handedly put America on the road to ruin, he has also made America the laughing stock of the world. why cant there be a one(year) and done for a mistake like bo?

Missileman
05-03-2012, 05:26 PM
"According to archive records in the Congressional Budget Office, the increases or decreases in our debt by presidents are as follows: Jimmy Carter, decrease 0.4 percent; Ronald Reagan, increase 89.2 percent; George H. W. Bush, increase 37.7 percent; Bill Clinton, increase 13.4 percent; George W. Bush, increase 41.5 percent; and finally Barack Obama (to date), increase 12.5 percent.
To make that clearer for you, that is 168.4 percent total debt increase by Republican presidents and 25.5 percent increase by Democrats. It seems quite logical as to which party we need to keep out of the Oval Office — Republicans!"
http://www.mlive.com/opinion/kalamazoo/index.ssf/2012/04/president_obama_deserves_vote.html

"Focusing on Achievements"...they must be using an electron microsscope.

Kathianne
05-03-2012, 05:30 PM
"Focusing on Achievements"...they must be using an electron microsscope.

The Seals accomplished, but the intel goes back to Carter and all subsequent presidents:

http://youtu.be/JsrSAqRrCc0 (http://youtu.be/JsrSAqRrCc0)

Wind Song
05-03-2012, 05:32 PM
That day is coming real fast,windsong. I wish it was tomorrow cause Nov cant come fast enough for myself and the majority of true Americans. not only has bo single-handedly put America on the road to ruin, he has also made America the laughing stock of the world. why cant there be a one(year) and done for a mistake like bo?

America's standing in the world has been enhanced by President Obama. It was in the toliet with Bush.

4horsemenrule
05-03-2012, 05:33 PM

So I take it you support:

$4/gal gas

Food prices soaring

8% unemployment and about 16% real unemployment

$1.4 trillion annual deficits

about 2 million fewer jobs in the US economy

Foreclosure's continuing to depress home prices

I could go on, but I have made my point about the Obama economy and the results of his economic policies

Kathianne
05-03-2012, 05:35 PM
America's standing in the world has been enhanced by President Obama. It was in the toliet with Bush.

The 'world' respects Obama and his ideals about the same as they did Wilson and his 'points.' Meaning, not.

4horsemenrule
05-03-2012, 05:37 PM
The 'world' respects Obama and his ideals about the same as they did Wilson and his 'points.' Meaning, not.

I always thought it hard to respect someone when you are holding your side laughing hysterically

tailfins
05-03-2012, 06:51 PM

If you mean the Muslim world, I can see why the Saboteur in Chief would have a high standing.

tailfins
05-03-2012, 06:55 PM

As a Republican and Romney supporter from the beginning I am happy you're on team Obama. It helps my side!

Imagine what you would do for the morale of an OFA group putting up yard signs.

fj1200
05-04-2012, 08:46 AM

You sure about that?

http://vocalminority.typepad.com/.a/6a00e54f8c22b7883401675f10af65970b-320wi

The United States is viewed less favorably in much of the Arab world today than it was during the final year of the Bush administration, and President Obama is less popular in the region than Iranian president Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, according to a poll (http://www.aaiusa.org/reports/arab-attitutes-2011)
released today by the Arab American Institute, a nonpartisan research and advocacy group.

In 2008, the final year of the Bush administration, only 9 percent of Egyptians had a favorable attitude towards the United States. A year later, after Obama took office, that number jumped to 30 percent. But now it has plummeted to just 5 percent of Egyptians who view the United States favorably.
Similar figures in Morocco, Jordan, and the United Arab Emirates show that the United States is viewed less favorably now than the final year of the Bush administration.
http://www.boston.com/politicalintelligence/2011/07/obama-viewed-less-favorably-arab-world-poll-shows/yIVn6f6PueWbdhZutglhoJ/index.html

Howard Roark
05-04-2012, 10:16 AM

Obama promised that unemployment would not get above 8% with his stimulus. Actually, he didn't.

jimnyc
05-04-2012, 10:20 AM
Actually, he didn't.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2010/jul/13/george-will/will-obama-said-stimulus-would-cap-unemployment-8-/

Wind Song
05-04-2012, 10:26 AM
So I take it you support:

$4/gal gas

Food prices soaring

8% unemployment and about 16% real unemployment

$1.4 trillion annual deficits

about 2 million fewer jobs in the US economy

Foreclosure's continuing to depress home prices

I could go on, but I have made my point about the Obama economy and the results of his economic policies

No, I support none of those things. I just don't blame the President for all of them. This President has been negatively dumped on by the right wing for four years. The RW doesn't know how to take the long view of our current economic crisis. It's been a long time coming, and a number of administrations have contributed to it.

fj1200
05-04-2012, 11:06 AM
No, I support none of those things. I just don't blame the President for all of them. This President has been negatively dumped on by the right wing for four years. The RW doesn't know how to take the long view of our current economic crisis. It's been a long time coming, and a number of administrations have contributed to it.

How so?

Howard Roark
05-04-2012, 11:26 AM
http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2010/jul/13/george-will/will-obama-said-stimulus-would-cap-unemployment-8-/

Are you offering that link to support, or refute my post?

jimnyc
05-04-2012, 11:37 AM
Are you offering that link to support, or refute my post?

Neither, a clarification from where the misunderstanding came from. Being literal, Obama never stated such, but their projections and such implied as much. But regardless of what was said, since I'm more interested in what is done, not enough has been done or the unemployment still wouldn't be the major issue facing voters this year.

Wind Song
05-04-2012, 12:08 PM
How so?

Some time when I'm a bit more with it, we could talk about our economic structure in more detail. IMO, the entire world is manipulated by about five countries. Our governments are owned by these companies.

fj1200
05-04-2012, 12:12 PM
Some time when I'm a bit more with it, we could talk about our economic structure in more detail. IMO, the entire world is manipulated by about five countries. Our governments are owned by these companies.

I look forward to that day.

Wind Song
05-04-2012, 12:13 PM
I look forward to that day.

Sarcasm. What you mean is you think that will never happen.

fj1200
05-04-2012, 12:15 PM
Neither, a clarification from where the misunderstanding came from. Being literal, Obama never stated such, but their projections and such implied as much. But regardless of what was said, since I'm more interested in what is done, not enough has been done or the unemployment still wouldn't be the major issue facing voters this year.

Unfortunately, the current economic environment is the result of his "accomplishment" IMO. His entire premise is that government will do... which is counterproductive to actual wealth building. They can't create a long-term job like the private sector can and policies have been counter to letting the private sector expand and create.

fj1200
05-04-2012, 12:17 PM
Sarcasm. What you mean is you think that will never happen.

You're projecting again, there was no sarcasm. I just don't hold out high hopes but that is a different issue.

Wind Song
05-04-2012, 12:18 PM
You're projecting again, there was no sarcasm. I don't hold out high hopes but that is a different issue.

Bull. This post says it all.

fj1200
05-04-2012, 12:19 PM
Bull. This post says it all.

:rolleyes: Why do you need to make drama out of six words?

Wind Song
05-04-2012, 12:38 PM
:rolleyes: Why do you need to make drama out of six words?

Why do you need to read drama where none is intended?

fj1200
05-04-2012, 12:47 PM
Why do you need to read drama where none is intended?

You might not always intend drama, it just comes out. I await the future conversation where we discuss how corporations rule the world.

Wind Song
05-04-2012, 12:50 PM
You might not always intend drama, it just comes out. I await the future conversation where we discuss how corporations rule the world.

I was just discussing this with my friends from Feldenkrais class. There is a video going around. After I've had my turn I'll talk to you about it.

IMO, all President's of the US now are owned by corporations and have very little power.

Likely, you'll ask for evidence, and when I have it I'll come back, and talk to you about this. For now, it's just whimsy.

ConHog
05-04-2012, 12:53 PM
I picture a an ad full of Obama's accomplishments as a "Where's Waldo?" painting.

Wind Song
05-04-2012, 12:54 PM
I picture a an ad full of Obama's accomplishments as a "Where's Waldo?" painting.

Things could be worse. Consider Jimmy Carter.

fj1200
05-04-2012, 12:56 PM

Now THAT is some powerful evidence. :laugh:

ConHog
05-04-2012, 01:01 PM

LOL Now THAT would be a great campaign slogan.

"Obama 2012: Hey, at least I'm not that cracka peanut farmer"

Wind Song
05-04-2012, 01:09 PM
LOL Now THAT would be a great campaign slogan.

"Obama 2012: Hey, at least I'm not that cracka peanut farmer"

Obama has been disappointing. He wasn't strong enough in his positions, he caved to big business, and hasn't fulfilled the promise of his Presidential campaign. Health care reform that was passed is a mess. It's too complicated and it didn't accomplish what was really needed, which streamlining medical care services and emphasing rewards for preventation effforts.

I don't dislike Obama though. He's had WAY more criticism than any President I can remember since Carter.

I thought he should have yielded to let another candidate run. I think Hillary Clinton would have been a better choice for President, but the RW wouldn't have let her.

fj1200
05-04-2012, 01:12 PM
You know he's pretty much gotten a pass from the media don't you?

ConHog
05-04-2012, 01:12 PM
Obama has been disappointing. He wasn't strong enough in his positions, he caved to big business, and hasn't fulfilled the promise of his Presidential campaign.

I don't dislike him though. He's had WAY more criticism than any President I can remember since Carter.

Really? I guess you don't remember George Bush Jr.

As for me. Obviously I don't agree with his politics and am glad he didn't do everything he promised; but what makes me SICK about him is that he promised to be a new type of administration and he's not... He's the same guy from a different mother. Doesn't that disappoint you ? That his administration is just as dirty and underhanded and conniving and dishonest or WORSE than those before him?

Wind Song
05-04-2012, 01:25 PM
You know he's pretty much gotten a pass from the media don't you?

I hadn't noticed him getting a pass from Fox News, WND, and the rest of the Murdoch-Koch brothers outlets.

Wind Song
05-04-2012, 01:26 PM
Really? I guess you don't remember George Bush Jr.

As for me. Obviously I don't agree with his politics and am glad he didn't do everything he promised; but what makes me SICK about him is that he promised to be a new type of administration and he's not... He's the same guy from a different mother. Doesn't that disappoint you ? That his administration is just as dirty and underhanded and conniving and dishonest or WORSE than those before him?

Frankly, I don't care much for leaders from either party. They are all the same, just packaged differently.

fj1200
05-04-2012, 01:27 PM
I hadn't noticed him getting a pass from Fox News, WND, and the rest of the Murdoch-Koch brothers outlets.

He shouldn't get a pass, his policies suck, but he does from the other majors. I didn't know the Koch brothers were into media.

4horsemenrule
05-05-2012, 06:05 AM

A long time coming? On that point you are right

Democrats took over both the House and Senate in January 2007. Then in January Dems added the White House and they had a veto proof majoirty in the Senate

There was NOTHING Republicans could do to stop anything Obama and the Dems wanted to do. They could do anything they wanted and they have done is make the economy worse

Why has the Harry Reid Senate NOT passed a budget in over three years?

So far Obama has blamed the weather, ATM machines, the Arab Spring, Pres Bush, and Republicans for his failed polcies - but not his polcies

I would like to know how raising taxes on those of us who still have a job will provide employment opportunities for those who do not have a job

From where I am sitting all I have seen Obama do is increase the size of governemnt, incrase spending to insane levels,. and run up a debt that will never be paid off. Yet it is always someone leses fault and he passes himself off as an innocent bystander

ands his supporters nod their heads in agreement. Is this the new definition of "leadership"?

Howard Roark
05-05-2012, 06:07 AM

Thanks...Originally,I was going to offer that link as proof that the talking points are indeed, false.

First, those figures were offered IF a given amount of money was used in the stimulus. Actual dollar amounts were less than what was asked for.

Second, my issue is with implementation of the stimulus. Money was literally thrown at the states, with no oversight, guidelines, or mandates.

As such, we saw varied results. Because EVERYTHING is politicized these days, it's important to remember that the number one goal was to see Obama fail.

So, we have many states that took the money, and paid off debt. They created no jobs, but later bragged about balanced budgets. Soon after, they suffered budget shortfalls, and rising unemployment.

Now they blame the 'administration'.

The problem with govt., is that they don't have the ability to micro manage....nor the desire. They just throw money at a problem, and hope it works.

TARP was another example of a huge amount of money, that eventually went to bonuses for the wealthy. Meanwhile, people are still losing their homes.

The Stimulus could've performed much better, had the situation not been so dire. This ship was sinking fast, and the kneejerk attempt to keep it afloat missed the mark not because the theory wasn't valid...rather...because everyone wasn't on board with the plan.

4horsemenrule
05-05-2012, 06:13 AM
After a trillion dollar stimulus, all the natiuons has to show for i,t is a credit rating downgrade

Howard Roark
05-05-2012, 06:16 AM
After a trillion dollar stimulus, all the natiuons has to show for i,t is a credit rating downgrade

Not true. Many states used the money wisely, and now have improved infrastructure, or programs that were necessary.

4horsemenrule
05-05-2012, 06:20 AM
Not true. Many states used the money wisely, and now have improved infrastructure, or programs that were necessary.

Links please?

From what I have read most of the "stimulus" was used for pork, to keep union workers on the state/local payroll - and the cost per job "created" is about $250,000 each

and yes, the credit downgrade is another Obama accomplishment taht he can be proud of

Howard Roark
05-05-2012, 06:28 AM
Links please?

From what I have read most of the "stimulus" was used for pork, to keep union workers on the state/local payroll - and the cost per job "created" is about $250,000 each

and yes, the credit downgrade is another Obama accomplishment taht he can be proud of

Thank the teabag freshmen for that.

One man's 'pork' is another man's earmark. The only bad earmarks, are the ones that go to another state.

If you are interested in finding out which states used the stimulus money wisely, the Google button works nicely.

You just have to take an interest.

4horsemenrule
05-05-2012, 06:34 AM

One man's 'pork' is another man's earmark. The only bad earmarks, are the ones that go to another state.

If you are interested in finding out which states used the stimulus money wisely, the Google button works nicely.

Well, here are examples on how our tax dollars were sepnt to "stimulate" the economy

Please tell me how these were a wise investment

http://video.foxnews.com/v/3931732/waste-101-nos-9---1/

and back to the bang for the buck pasrt of the stimulus

For those eager to put some math to the rhetoric coming from the White House over the president's jobs creation plan, and that should be everyone, here is a quick and dirty estimate based on the numbers being thrown around of a 2% GDP increase in year 1 and 1.9 million jobs created or saved... most saved, as in those you can't really quantify. Said otherwise, roughly a $300 billion increase in GDP yields 1.9 million jobs. So far so good. Now since the president is proposing to pay for the program over 10 years, let's assume the $475 billion in direct expenses is financed for 10 years at 2.5% which adds roughly $120 billion to the total cost of the program. In other words, as the calculations detailed and show below elaborate, the overall AJA plan will cost $250,000 per job created (excluding the interest expense) and $312,500 per union job, er job created (including interest). And that's how much it costs for Obama to purchase one vote... created or saved. Keynesian efficiency strikes like a Swiss watch yet again.

Read more: http://nation.foxnews.com/president-obama/2011/09/13/obama-stimulus-costs-250000-job-created#ixzz1tzhKC0tI

DragonStryk72
05-05-2012, 10:24 AM

You wanna know who used it the most wisely? Texas, who refused the money, and currently has the strongest economy in the union, and is considered to be the best state in the union for new businesses.

Pork is earmarks, just like "targeted killing" is assassination, and "stress positions" are torture. They're not different terms, and they're used just as horribly. It's all an act to keep people complacent since it doesn't sound as bad. I could call milk "Bovine lactic liquid", but that's the same as saying milk.

And you've been doing good thus far, don't start going with calling me or others teabaggers, it really gets under my skin in a big, bad way.

Howard Roark
05-05-2012, 11:55 AM
You wanna know who used it the most wisely? Texas, who refused the money, and currently has the strongest economy in the union, and is considered to be the best state in the union for new businesses.

Pork is earmarks, just like "targeted killing" is assassination, and "stress positions" are torture. They're not different terms, and they're used just as horribly. It's all an act to keep people complacent since it doesn't sound as bad. I could call milk "Bovine lactic liquid", but that's the same as saying milk.

And you've been doing good thus far, don't start going with calling me or others teabaggers, it really gets under my skin in a big, bad way.

Actually, I was talking about Texas when I referenced those who took the money, and used it for something other than job creation.http://money.cnn.com/2011/01/23/news/economy/texas_perry_budget_stimulus/index.htm

NEW YORK (CNNMoney) -- Texas Gov. Rick Perry likes to tell Washington to stop meddling in state affairs. He vocally opposed the Obama administration's 2009 stimulus program to spur the economy and assist cash-strapped states.

Perry also likes to trumpet that his state balanced its budget in 2009, while keeping billions in its rainy day fund.

But he couldn't have done that without a lot of help from ... guess where? Washington.

Turns out Texas was the state that depended the most on those very stimulus funds to plug nearly 97% of its shortfall for fiscal 2010, according to the National Conference of State Legislatures.

Call em what you want...the teabagger newbies were the reason for the credit downgrade. Boehner has no control over his party.

4horsemenrule
05-05-2012, 12:28 PM
Actually, I was talking about Texas when I referenced those who took the money, and used it for something other than job creation.http://money.cnn.com/2011/01/23/news/economy/texas_perry_budget_stimulus/index.htm

Call em what you want...the teabagger newbies were the reason for the credit downgrade. Boehner has no control over his party.

Is it just me, or do you post thngs without thinking? It is a fact the credit downgrade was due to Obama and the Democrats increasing spending by about 24% and taking the annual budget deficit from $500 billion to about $1.4 trillion

S&P made it clears trillions had to be cut or they would lower the USA's credit rating

S&P's statement was blunt in its assessment.

"We lowered our long-term rating on the U.S. because we believe that the prolonged controversy over raising the statutory debt ceiling and the related fiscal policy debate indicate that further near-term progress containing the growth in public spending, especially on entitlements, or on reaching an agreement on raising revenues is less likely than we previously assumed and will remain a contentious and fitful process," the ratings firm said.

"We also believe that the fiscal consolidation plan that Congress and the administration agreed to this week falls short of the amount that we believe is necessary to stabilize the general government debt burden by the middle of the decade," S&P said.

Since April, S&P has repeatedly warned the U.S. rating was at risk if Washington did not agree to reduce deficit spending by $4 trillion over 10 years. This week's agreement would cut spending by about $900 billion and create a joint congressional committee to find $1.5 trillion more by Thanksgiving.

The U.S. Treasury tried to get S&P to reconsider its ratings downgrade Friday. Treasury officials pointed out that S&P's original analysis of the debt deal's $2 trillion in savings was flawed. The rating agency adjusted its analysis but still downgraded the U.S.' credit rating, according to a government official familiar with the matter. The source declined to be identified because he was not authorized to speak on the record.

http://www.usatoday.com/money/economy/2011-08-05-s-and-p-downgrades-credit_n.htm

and your use of the disgusting sexual term to describe those who simply have a differnt POV on the role and size of government shows your total contempt and distain for those who oppose Obama and won the last election by running against Obama and his fialed policies

DragonStryk72
05-05-2012, 12:58 PM

Stop calling ME a teabagger.

Howard Roark
05-05-2012, 05:05 PM
Is it just me, or do you post thngs without thinking? It is a fact the credit downgrade was due to Obama and the Democrats increasing spending by about 24% and taking the annual budget deficit from $500 billion to about $1.4 trillion

S&P made it clears trillions had to be cut or they would lower the USA's credit ratingIf you read the post you made, S&P (as if they have any credibility after the housing debacle) made it very clear that the inability of Congress to agree on raising the debt ceiling, and a similar inability to work on making cuts to spending caused the downgrade.

Boehner was ready to compromise. The teabaggers wouldn't get on board.

Can you cite another instance where a minority in Congress was so driven to shut down the govt. over a debt ceiling debate?

and your use of the disgusting sexual term to describe those who simply have a differnt POV on the role and size of government shows your total contempt and distain for those who oppose Obama and won the last election by running against Obama and his fialed policiesSorry to hear that you think sex is disgusting. Don't blame me for the teabaggers' use of the term.

http://washingtonindependent.com/69660/correcting-jay-nordlinger

Stop calling ME a teabagger.

Are you a freshman republican? I'm honored to be posting with you.

DragonStryk72
05-05-2012, 05:30 PM
Sorry to hear that you think sex is disgusting. Don't blame me for the teabaggers' use of the term.

I'm not honored to be getting called by a trolling name. Even though I'm Libertarian, I still support the Tea Party philosophy, which is for smaller goverment. I am not blaming the Tea Party for calling themselves the Tea Party, I am blaming you for using a term your flat out know is derogatory. Now grow up, and stop doing it. Like I said, up til now you've been a great poster, please stop ruining it.

Wind Song
05-05-2012, 05:34 PM
Howard--

The Tea Party do not like the term "tea bagger" because it is a slang term for testicles. I never knew that until I had offended a poster by using the term. I'd never heard of tea bagger= testicles before.

Howard Roark
05-05-2012, 05:54 PM
Howard--

The Tea Party do not like the term "tea bagger" because it is a slang term for testicles. I never knew that until I had offended a poster by using the term. I'd never heard of tea bagger= testicles before.

Well, it goes a tad deeper than that. Most in the teaparty erroneously believe the act of teabagging is a gay thing.

They couldn't be more wrong. Although, they're wrong about many things. In this instance, Dragon is attempting to divert the discussion away from the uncomfortable truth, and toward a false claim that I am calling him anything.

The teabaggers(their term) started out as a grass roots movement, but they were bought and sold by, among others, the Koch brothers.

You'll note that when they had served their purpose, they were abandoned just before the '10 election. Many, if not all of the planned teabag gatherings were cancelled due to lack of funding.

Whereas the original core may have had a clear message, the uneducated masses that joined the movement brought down the median IQ by several points. They reduced themselves to a group of bumbling fools.

Quite a few states who elected teabag politicians are suffering severe buyer's remorse. Wisconsin is about to correct their mess, and Fla wishes they never elected the thief Scott.

In Congress, those fools were responsible for our credit downgrade....and they're proud of it. Notice the teabag candidates all looked like morons? Notice none of the remaining republicans are pandering to that group?

I wonder why?

A little lesson as to the act of teabagging:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQjPoiVPf2Y

PostmodernProphet
05-05-2012, 05:54 PM
; and finally Barack Obama (to date), increase 12.5 percent.

apparently they were using some date in early 2010......

Wind Song
05-05-2012, 05:55 PM
Well, it goes a tad deeper than that. Most in the teaparty erroneously believe the act of teabagging is a gay thing.

They couldn't be more wrong. Although, they're wrong about many things. In this instance, Dragon is attempting to divert the discussion away from the uncomfortable truth, and toward a false claim that I am calling him anything.

The teabaggers(their term) started out as a grass roots movement, but they were bought and sold by, among others, the Koch brothers.

You'll note that when they had served their purpose, they were abandoned just before the '10 election. Many, if not all of the planned teabag gatherings were cancelled due to lack of funding.

Whereas the original core may have had a clear message, the uneducated masses that joined the movement brought down the median IQ by several points. They reduced themselves to a group of bumbling fools.

Quite a few states who elected teabag politicians are suffering severe buyer's remorse. Wisconsin is about to correct their mess, and Fla wishes they never elected the thief Scott.

In Congress, those fools were responsible for our credit downgrade....and they're proud of it. Notice the teabag candidates all looked like morons? Notice none of the remaining republicans are pandering to that group?

I wonder why?

I had no idea "teabagging is an anti-gay term.

PostmodernProphet
05-05-2012, 05:57 PM
Call em what you want...the teabagger newbies were the reason for the credit downgrade.
really?....the fucking idiots in control of the Democratic Party who don't understand that we need to control spending had nothing to do with it?.......I don't mind if you call be a tea bagger, as long as I can call you a fucking idiot.....deal?.....

Howard Roark
05-05-2012, 05:57 PM
I had no idea "teabagging is an anti-gay term.

It isn't anti gay. They believe that only gay men 'teabag'. I won't speculate as to the extent of their sexual prowess.

Wind Song
05-05-2012, 05:58 PM
Here is a list of the President's Civil Rights achievements:

http://obamaachievements.org/list

Wind Song
05-05-2012, 05:58 PM
It isn't anti gay. They believe that only gay men 'teabag'. I won't speculate as to the extent of their sexual prowess.

Who makes this stuff up? It's out there.

Howard Roark
05-05-2012, 05:59 PM
really?....the fucking idiots in control of the Democratic Party who don't understand that we need to control spending had nothing to do with it?.......I don't mind if you call be a tea bagger, as long as I can call you a fucking idiot.....deal?.....
No problem. Call me whatever makes you feel better. Can you cite one other instance where Congress didn't rubber stamp the debt ceiling increase? How many times was the debt ceiling raised in the previous administration?

Wind Song
05-05-2012, 06:00 PM

Wow. I had no idea you post like this.

Missileman
05-05-2012, 07:05 PM
No problem. Call me whatever makes you feel better. Can you cite one other instance where Congress didn't rubber stamp the debt ceiling increase? How many times was the debt ceiling raised in the previous administration?

Who cares? The Tea Party(their term, not some slur tossed around by big government liberals) freshmen ran on the platform of reining in government spending. They were doing exactly what their constituents sent them there to do and will likely enjoy re-election should they choose to run again.

Howard Roark
05-05-2012, 07:08 PM
Who cares? The Tea Party(their term, not some slur tossed around by big government liberals) freshmen ran on the platform of reining in government spending. They were doing exactly what their constituents sent them there to do and will likely enjoy re-election should they choose to run again.

As long as we're clear about why the credit rating was lowered.

Missileman
05-05-2012, 07:21 PM

Too much debt and an apparent unwillingness to curtail the spending of money they don't have...as clear as crystal.

Nukeman
05-05-2012, 07:25 PM
once again we are back to the "since it happened before its OK now" When does the insanity stop or are you fine with 5 trillion more in spending???

SassyLady
05-05-2012, 07:28 PM

I had no idea the Tea Party candidates had so much power. Aren't they supposed to be anti-establishment? Kinda not part of the good old boy network.

Personally, I think people needed a wake up call about how serios the situation is. And we are not the only nation during these times to be downgraded. It is a result of overspending.

SassyLady
05-05-2012, 07:39 PM

I wonder why?

:link:

Teabagger is just as offensive as calling a gay person a fag. It is rude and insensitive, but not banned here. Of course, you may want to decide if you are here to troll or here to converse.

SassyLady
05-05-2012, 07:42 PM

Do you not understand that is why we are in the current situation? Because they were rubber stamped previously. At least the Tea Party candidates didn't roll over and kiss ass just because "that's the way it's always been done". Something had to change and if a reduced credit rating is what it took to get this country to sit up and say "what the hell", then it worked.

SassyLady
05-05-2012, 07:43 PM

Because a group of people decided to take a stand against the big government bullies of both parties ... yep, I'm OK with that.

Howard Roark
05-05-2012, 08:01 PM
once again we are back to the "since it happened before its OK now" When does the insanity stop or are you fine with 5 trillion more in spending???

There's a time and place for everything. We have two unfunded wars waging, and a lot of military lives at stake. These new kids on the block were voted in because they were......new.

Many aren't qualified for the position, as seen by their willingness to take away the paychecks of military families.

I agree with the concept they bring to the table. My question was, "why was it so urgent now, when debt ceiling was a non issue in the last administration?"

Howard Roark
05-05-2012, 08:03 PM
Do you not understand that is why we are in the current situation? Because they were rubber stamped previously. At least the Tea Party candidates didn't roll over and kiss ass just because "that's the way it's always been done". Something had to change and if a reduced credit rating is what it took to get this country to sit up and say "what the hell", then it worked.

That's fine. Someone added that to the list of Obama's negatives. Let's make sure we remember who downgraded the country's credit rating.

If you want to wear the badge, wear the badge.

DragonStryk72
05-05-2012, 08:06 PM

I wonder why?

I am a long time gamer, I know exactly what teabagging refers to in the current terminology, and you lessen yourself with every use of it. You will find, quite quickly I might add, that the respect you are given diminishes with every use of that word. If you would like your posts treated with respect, then stop using the term.

They did not call themselves teabaggers, they said they were going to "teabag the government", which was an admittedly stupid slogan made up by people who did not know the context of it. You, however, are using it purely as pejorative, and using a straw man argument to back up it's use. It's like coming on here and calling WS a dyke, it's an insult, and you know it.

DragonStryk72
05-05-2012, 08:10 PM
There's a time and place for everything. We have two unfunded wars waging, and a lot of military lives at stake. These new kids on the block were voted in because they were......new.

Many aren't qualified for the position, as seen by their willingness to take away the paychecks of military families.

I agree with the concept they bring to the table. My question was, "why was it so urgent now, when debt ceiling was a non issue in the last administration?"

They didn't have a debt ceiling, and Obama has already crushed Bush's number for both terms. Let's keep that in mind: Obama, in 4 years, has eclipsed what it took Bush 8 years to accomplish, and I fully admit that Bush was a bad president, hence my whole run of not voting for him.

Note that nobody is talking about taking away the paychecks of military families. That's hyperbole on your part, and you know better. There are tons of areas where we could reduce spending, and make the government run more efficiently, but we don't do that because it isn't flashy, and it doesn't get people poll numbers. Both sides are just as guilty of this.

SassyLady
05-05-2012, 08:14 PM
That's fine. Someone added that to the list of Obama's negatives. Let's make sure we remember who downgraded the country's credit rating.

If you want to wear the badge, wear the badge.

You make it sound like they are the ones that did the downgrade. They didn't. They just voted to not raise the debt ceiling.

SassyLady
05-05-2012, 08:16 PM
They didn't have a debt ceiling, and Obama has already crushed Bush's number for both terms. Let's keep that in mind: Obama, in 4 years, has eclipsed what it took Bush 8 years to accomplish, and I fully admit that Bush was a bad president, hence my whole run of not voting for him.

Note that nobody is talking about taking away the paychecks of military families. That's hyperbole on your part, and you know better. There are tons of areas where we could reduce spending, and make the government run more efficiently, but we don't do that because it isn't flashy, and it doesn't get people poll numbers. Both sides are just as guilty of this.

Typical talking point of the left is to use the big bad boogey man of "taking away military paychecks". I guess they don't understand that there would have been many other areas that got cut before military pay.

Howard Roark
05-05-2012, 08:23 PM
Typical talking point of the left is to use the big bad boogey man of "taking away military paychecks". I guess they don't understand that there would have been many other areas that got cut before military pay.

No, I was referring to the shutting down of the govt.

Howard Roark
05-05-2012, 08:26 PM

You won't get any argument from me re. both sides. They're all whores. Of course nobody is talking about taking away the paychecks of military families. That would've been the result if the govt. shut down.

However, all the so called 'patriots' in the teaparty didn't care what happened if the govt. shut down.

I was angry that Obama didn't allow those idiots to shut down the govt, as Clinton allowed Gingrich's klan to do.

Unfortunately, someone had to be reasonable.

SassyLady
05-05-2012, 08:33 PM
No, I was referring to the shutting down of the govt.

Would any sane person believe that military families would not get their paychecks?

For the record you said:

You didn't say they were willing to shut down government, which would sound so much different than using the boogey-man tactic of taking away military paychecks.

Howard Roark
05-05-2012, 08:34 PM
I am a long time gamer, I know exactly what teabagging refers to in the current terminology, and you lessen yourself with every use of it. You will find, quite quickly I might add, that the respect you are given diminishes with every use of that word. If you would like your posts treated with respect, then stop using the term.

Whether or not you 'respect' me, is of no consequence. If you aren't embarrassed about admitting that you're a teaparty advocate, that doesn't bother me. What they may have stood for at one point, was flushed down the toilet once they sold out. Now, they represent a few who still believe in the core values, coupled with a vast majority of morons. Enjoy that moniker.

They did not call themselves teabaggers, they said they were going to "teabag the government", which was an admittedly stupid slogan made up by people who did not know the context of it. You, however, are using it purely as pejorative, and using a straw man argument to back up it's use. It's like coming on here and calling WS a dyke, it's an insult, and you know it.Incorrect. I'm not referring to anyone here. The collective is a group of clowns, who wear teabags on their hats, and clothing.

If you wish to obsess over the sexual aspect of the term, that's a hangup that you can seek therapy for. If you're going to follow me around looking to make this your fight, enjoy yourself.

The original concept of the teaparty has been taken over by a bunch of morons.

Of course, they're yesterday's news.

Howard Roark
05-05-2012, 08:35 PM
Would any sane person believe that military families would not get their paychecks?

For the record you said:

You didn't say they were willing to shut down government, which would sound so much different than using the boogey-man tactic of taking away military paychecks.

Perhaps you, like those wild eyed newbies in Congress, need to study the effects of shutting down the govt.

SassyLady
05-05-2012, 08:36 PM
You won't get any argument from me re. both sides. They're all whores. Of course nobody is talking about taking away the paychecks of military families. That would've been the result if the govt. shut down.

However, all the so called 'patriots' in the teaparty didn't care what happened if the govt. shut down.

I was angry that Obama didn't allow those idiots to shut down the govt, as Clinton allowed Gingrich's klan to do.

Unfortunately, someone had to be reasonable.

Perhaps shutting down the government would have forced a lot of the bureaucracy to take a second look at itself. If business have to have the bank shut off their credit in order to cut corners, do layoffs, cut back on luxuries, etc., then perhaps the US government needed a wake up call to do some self-assessment.

SassyLady
05-05-2012, 08:39 PM
Whether or not you 'respect' me, is of no consequence. If you aren't embarrassed about admitting that you're a teaparty advocate, that doesn't bother me. What they may have stood for at one point, was flushed down the toilet once they sold out. Now, they represent a few who still believe in the core values, coupled with a vast majority of morons. Enjoy that moniker.

Incorrect. I'm not referring to anyone here. The collective is a group of clowns, who wear teabags on their hats, and clothing.

If you wish to obsess over the sexual aspect of the term, that's a hangup that you can seek therapy for. If you're going to follow me around looking to make this your fight, enjoy yourself.

The original concept of the Democratic (which sold out to Soros) and Republican parties have been taken over by a bunch of self-serving corrupt crooks. Oh, and they are morons on top of that.

Oh, and if the Tea Party is yesterday's news, why are you all over it like it's breaking news?

SassyLady
05-05-2012, 08:40 PM
Perhaps you, like those wild eyed newbies in Congress, need to study the effects of shutting down the govt.

I have ... there are vast sections of the government that could be completely shut down and we would survive.

Oh, and the Dims just love to use that boogey-man "shutting down the government, oh, no, no more entitlements".

Here's great article on what happens if government shuts down.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/government-shutdown-agencies-stay-open-close/story?id=13309873#.T6XXdev2aSp

Howard Roark
05-05-2012, 08:49 PM
Perhaps shutting down the government would have forced a lot of the bureaucracy to take a second look at itself. If business have to have the bank shut off their credit in order to cut corners, do layoffs, cut back on luxuries, etc., then perhaps the US government needed a wake up call to do some self-assessment.

Shutting down the govt. isn't the answer, especially when we're waging two unfunded wars. This wasn't only about foodstamps.

And while we're discussing those holier than thou freshmen:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/12/05/AR2010120502691.html

http://www.nationalmemo.com/tea-party-freshmen-frolic-lobbyists-10000-head-fundraiser/

They seem to be learning the ropes. They immediately started taking lobbyist money. They're attending parties with all kinds of monied interests.

What do you think they'll have to give in return?

Does anyone really represent us?

Howard Roark
05-05-2012, 08:51 PM
The original concept of the Democratic (which sold out to Soros) and Republican parties have been taken over by a bunch of self-serving corrupt crooks. Oh, and they are morons on top of that.

Oh, and if the Tea Party is yesterday's news, why are you all over it like it's breaking news?

I'm 'all over it' as a reminder to those who blame Obama for the downgrading of our credit rating. That's it.

If you guys want to take credit, we can move forward.

SassyLady
05-05-2012, 08:56 PM
Shutting down the govt. isn't the answer, especially when we're waging two unfunded wars. This wasn't only about foodstamps.

And while we're discussing those holier than thou freshmen:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/12/05/AR2010120502691.html

http://www.nationalmemo.com/tea-party-freshmen-frolic-lobbyists-10000-head-fundraiser/

They seem to be learning the ropes. They immediately started taking lobbyist money. They're attending parties with all kinds of monied interests.

What do you think they'll have to give in return?

Does anyone really represent us?

You sound like you were a Tea Party member at one time and are now heartbroken that they let you down somehow. DC is the ultimate whirlpool of corruption. It will takes decades and many, many more Tea Party and Libertarians in Congress before the tide turns, especially if the President is also corrupt.

SassyLady
05-05-2012, 08:59 PM

A family having to file bankruptcy isn't the best answer either when a wage earner loses their job, but it happens. Sometimes uncomfortable situations have to happen in order for something to be set right.

DragonStryk72
05-05-2012, 09:07 PM

Incorrect. I'm not referring to anyone here. The collective is a group of clowns, who wear teabags on their hats, and clothing.

You, Howard Roark, know you are insulting people. Quit layering bullshit, and man up to it. What you are doing is right up there with walking into a room full of mexicans and yelling "Wetback" this, and "Wetback" that. Stop it, apologize like a man, and move on.

PostmodernProphet
05-05-2012, 09:58 PM

I can cite you a whole lot of times that they shouldn't have rubber stamped a debt ceiling increase.......why is it the left doesn't take over spending seriously?.......

PostmodernProphet
05-05-2012, 09:59 PM
Wow. I had no idea you post like this.

what would you expect from a Talibanish fundamentalist who thinks he's God.....

PostmodernProphet
05-05-2012, 10:00 PM

we are.....irresponsible spending with no effort extended to rein it in......

PostmodernProphet
05-05-2012, 10:04 PM
Perhaps shutting down the government would have forced a lot of the bureaucracy to take a second look at itself.

and that might have saved us some coin on GSA conventions.....

Wind Song
05-05-2012, 10:04 PM
what would you expect from a Talibanish fundamentalist who thinks he's God.....

Good point. You forgot to add, "who has ALL the answers and who think's he's ALWAYS right".

PostmodernProphet
05-05-2012, 10:06 PM
Good point. You forgot to add, "who has ALL the answers and who think's he's ALWAYS right".

ignored until you learn how to apologize......

Wind Song
05-05-2012, 10:16 PM
ignored until you learn how to apologize......

I'm not apologizing for giving you my honest opinion.

PostmodernProphet
05-05-2012, 10:24 PM
I'm not apologizing for giving you my honest opinion.

then stop wasting your time typing sweet nothings in my ear......if your opinion is that I'm a Talibanish fundamentalist who thinks he's God I don't give a fuck what your opinion is......

Wind Song
05-05-2012, 10:28 PM
then stop wasting your time typing sweet nothings in my ear......if your opinion is that I'm a Talibanish fundamentalist who thinks he's God I don't give a fuck what your opinion is......

Fine. You want me to blow you off and not post any replies to your posts? No problem. I don't think you can handle the challenge that I'm not bowing down to you.

PostmodernProphet
05-05-2012, 10:32 PM
You want me to blow you off and not post any replies to your posts?

I think I made that clear yesterday. I opened the door for you to retract your insults and you doubled down. Until you change your mind I would appreciate it if you directed no questions in my direction. that will save me the trouble of posting "ignored" in response to your quotes of me.

Wind Song
05-05-2012, 10:37 PM
I think I made that clear yesterday. I opened the door for you to retract your insults and you doubled down. Until you change your mind I would appreciate it if you directed no questions in my direction. that will save me the trouble of posting "ignored" in response to your quotes of me.

Just put me on ignore. Stop making me do all the work for YOUR reactions. You think you're hot shit and I don't. So what?

You and the REPENT WIND crowd can form a nice little tightly closed circle that I don't reside in.

PostmodernProphet
05-05-2012, 10:41 PM
"ignored"

"stupid bitch"

I'm having trouble deciding which to use.....

Wind Song
05-05-2012, 10:42 PM
"ignored"

"stupid bitch"

I'm having trouble deciding which to use.....

If I was really on ignore you wouldn't be reading my posts and getting your knickers in a bunch.

PostmodernProphet
05-05-2012, 10:43 PM
"ignored" is not on ignore.....

Wind Song
05-05-2012, 10:48 PM
"ignored" is not on ignore.....

First I've heard that one. You must mean "dismissed". You're like the three monkeys with hands over your eyes and ears but not over your mouth. You can't hear anything I say except how it wounds your ego.

PostmodernProphet
05-05-2012, 10:50 PM
ignores the slow learner.....

fj1200
05-05-2012, 10:54 PM
I'm 'all over it' as a reminder to those who blame Obama for the downgrading of our credit rating. That's it.

If you guys want to take credit, we can move forward.

The talking points are strong with this one. :poke:

So what's it like being on the campaign payroll?

PostmodernProphet
05-05-2012, 10:58 PM

I've not yet heard him admit that it was the Democraps refusal to rein in spending that resulted in the downgrading of credit......

SassyLady
05-05-2012, 11:00 PM

Feels good FJ ... don't forget my check next week.

SassyLady
05-05-2012, 11:01 PM
I've not yet heard him admit that it was the Democraps refusal to rein in spending that resulted in the downgrading of credit......

He can't; he's a liberal.

Wind Song
05-05-2012, 11:01 PM
ignores the slow learner.....

You can't help yourself. You love me.

4horsemenrule
05-07-2012, 03:20 PM
If you read the post you made, S&P (as if they have any credibility after the housing debacle) made it very clear that the inability of Congress to agree on raising the debt ceiling, and a similar inability to work on making cuts to spending caused the downgrade.

Boehner was ready to compromise. The teabaggers wouldn't get on board.

Can you cite another instance where a minority in Congress was so driven to shut down the govt. over a debt ceiling debate?

Sorry to hear that you think sex is disgusting. Don't blame me for the teabaggers' use of the term.

Please show me a link where Obama and the Democrats came up with the $4 trillion in cuts SP said were needed

I guess it escapes you that Republicans took the House on Jan 20, 2011 and the downgrade happened on August 5, 2011. How anyone can blame the Republicans who only control the House after Obama, Reid, and Pelosi went on the nations greatest spending spree in history

4horsemenrule
05-07-2012, 03:41 PM
and by the way, why should taxes be increased given how this current administration is spending the money

Obamacare is now slated to cost DOUBLE what we were told

All the wasted millions thanks to the GSA

The billions flushed down the john that was given to Solyndra, the Volt, and other "green" projects that went belly up

All the money lost on the auto bailout

and hunderds of billions taxpayers lost give to Freddie and Fannie

These are just the ones I can think of right now - there are alot more examples of how taxpayers money has been wasted

Missileman
05-07-2012, 05:20 PM
and by the way, why should taxes be increased given how this current administration is spending the money

Obamacare is now slated to cost DOUBLE what we were told

All the wasted millions thanks to the GSA

The billions flushed down the john that was given to Solyndra, the Volt, and other "green" projects that went belly up

All the money lost on the auto bailout

and hunderds of billions taxpayers lost give to Freddie and Fannie

These are just the ones I can think of right now - there are alot more examples of how taxpayers money has been wasted

EXACTLY! If spending were cut to bare bones and the feds came to us and said we'd like to raise taxes and use every cent of increased revenues to pay down the debt, I'd be all for it. However, don't tell me you need to raise my taxes so you can give an illegal alien a free ride to the university of his/her choice, among other bullshit spending proposals.

fj1200
05-17-2012, 11:48 AM

I call a restart on this thread.

Wind, here is evidence that a BO "achievement" is actually economic underperformance. I recall seeing a similar graph when comparing job creation figures.

http://blog.american.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/051612gdp1.jpg

Just think of where we would be if BO had gotten the tax increases that he wanted.

tailfins
05-17-2012, 12:07 PM
You can't help yourself. You love me.

He loves to play with you, like that toy Chuck Berry sings about.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UaEC-lWSlmI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UaEC-lWSlmI

fj1200
05-17-2012, 12:14 PM
He...

Did you miss this part of my post?

I call a restart on this thread.

:slap:

tailfins
05-17-2012, 12:45 PM
Did you miss this part of my post?

:slap:

Translation: Watch you mouth

Response: But, I'm talkin' about Shaft.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2cHkMwzOiM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2cHkMwzOiM

Since we are getting "shafted" by Obama's "accomplishments", it's on topic.