PDA

View Full Version : Mother accused of putting bleach in kid's eyes

darin
05-01-2012, 05:28 AM
Ugh. This woman needs...I dunno? I can't figure out how to punish that piece of crap. Capital punishment? Maybe?

http://mynorthwest.com/11/668661/Mother-charged-with-putting-bleach-in-kids-eye

The 13-month-old girl arrived at the emergency room at Seattle Children's Hospital last year with swelling in her eyes, sensitivity to light, scratched corneas and a mild infection. She was sent to the Opthalmology Department, treated and sent home. But she didn't get better. It was weeks before the horrible truth about her injuries was revealed.
Over the following days and weeks, the child's parents repeatedly brought the toddler back to Children's. She was given the standard treatment, including antibiotics and eyedrops, for a common problem. Still, she didn't improve.
Childrens' chief of opthalmology, Doctor Avery Weiss says with each visit, they did more diagnostic work and even quizzed the mother. "I'm sure we asked her, 'What are you putting on the eye?'" recalled Weiss. Her answer, "The antibiotics that you prescribed."

...The little girl is getting a little better, now able to open her eyes in a darkened room. But she still has extreme irritation and reduced vision. "This will be a lifetime problem for her, I suspect," said Weiss

Wind Song
05-01-2012, 07:10 AM
The child should be removed from the home.

tailfins
05-01-2012, 08:26 AM
Ugh. This woman needs...I dunno? I can't figure out how to punish that piece of crap. Capital punishment? Maybe?

I bet she gets 60 years. Also, she will be tormented daily by other inmates.

SassyLady
05-01-2012, 06:03 PM
She will probably use the Munchhausen's Syndrome as her defense and they'll determine she is "mentally ill".

tailfins
05-02-2012, 08:43 AM
I got to thinking about this. Is this any worse than burning a unborn child such as Gianna Jessen with saline solution?