PDA

View Full Version : Is this funny?

MtnBiker
05-01-2012, 03:10 PM
Is this funny?

Obama: “What is the difference between a hockey mom(Sara Palin) and a pitbull? A pitbull is delicious.”

Kathianne
05-01-2012, 03:11 PM
Is this funny?

Obama: “What is the difference between a hockey mom(Sara Palin) and a pitbull? A pitbull is delicious.”

He's 'too cool.' Truth is, his numbers continue to fall. Why? Nonsense like this, his interjecting in Zimmerman, etc.

Abbey Marie
05-01-2012, 03:17 PM
Is this funny?

Did Obama really say this, D?

MtnBiker
05-01-2012, 03:22 PM

He did, google it.

jimnyc
05-01-2012, 03:24 PM

Apparently at the Correspondents dinner a few nights back. I didn't watch his speech, but I watched the introduction by Jimmy Kimmel which was hilarious. He said to Obama at one point "I know you can't really laugh tonight at my jokes about the secret service, it would be inappropriate. So you may want to put your hands over your ears, if that's possible" Kimmel cracked me up!

Abbey Marie
05-01-2012, 03:24 PM
Here's a link:

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/OTUS/president-obama-palin-difference-hockey-mom-pit-bull/story?id=16236828#.T6BGVrJMuSo

Thunderknuckles
05-01-2012, 05:28 PM
Much ado about nothing. It was the correspondents dinner and that was part of his comedy routine to make fun of himself since he apparently has eaten dog meat before in his youth.

SassyLady
05-01-2012, 06:00 PM
Much ado about nothing. It was the correspondents dinner and that was part of his comedy routine to make fun of himself since he apparently has eaten dog meat before in his youth.

It's really too bad he couldn't make fun of himself without bringing Palin's name into it. He certainly has enough material to do that.

logroller
05-01-2012, 06:12 PM
I don't know if I'd say he was insulting Palin; being likened to a pit bull, atleast in a political context, is complimentary IMO.

SassyLady
05-01-2012, 06:21 PM
I don't know if I'd say he was insulting Palin; being likened to a pit bull, atleast in a political context, is complimentary IMO.

The implication I got was that Palin and hockey moms are anything but delicious.

Kathianne
05-01-2012, 06:40 PM
The implication I got was that Palin and hockey moms are anything but delicious.

Yeah, that is what was meant. He wasn't being subtle.

logroller
05-01-2012, 06:49 PM
I'll bet he's never even tasted one.

Thunderknuckles
05-01-2012, 07:38 PM
It's really too bad he couldn't make fun of himself without bringing Palin's name into it. He certainly has enough material to do that.
I'll agree on that.

MtnBiker
05-01-2012, 08:09 PM
I find this interesting. The joke is about the difference between 2 subjects, the slight twist in obama's application is playing off of him eating dog. However if the same joke was told using different names as the subjects would it be acceptable?

For example; what is the difference between Michelle Obama and a pig? A pig is delicious.

Hmmm, how is that?

logroller
05-01-2012, 08:41 PM
I find this interesting. The joke is about the difference between 2 subjects, the slight twist in obama's application is playing off of him eating dog. However if the same joke was told using different names as the subjects would it be acceptable?

For example; what is the difference between Michelle Obama and a pig? A pig is delicious.

Hmmm, how is that?
If he made that joke he'd have a better chance at eating Palin than Michelle.

gabosaurus
05-01-2012, 08:56 PM
Is this funny?

If a Republican had said it, no doubt it would be hilarious. :rolleyes:

But it is a good point. No one has ever said that Palin was delicious. She looks rather fowl to me.

SassyLady
05-01-2012, 10:37 PM

But it is a good point. No one has ever said that Palin was delicious. She looks rather fowl to me.

She looks like a bird?

Gator Monroe
05-01-2012, 11:19 PM

Barbara Boxer is more your taste ?

gabosaurus
05-01-2012, 11:32 PM
What's the difference between G.W. Bush and a mass murderer?

Oh wait.... there is none.

MtnBiker
05-01-2012, 11:36 PM

Are you testing new material for barry? I think he should use that one on the stump.

Gator Monroe
05-01-2012, 11:37 PM
Bush was a better Chimp ...

logroller
05-01-2012, 11:37 PM

Congressional authorization.

Thunderknuckles
05-01-2012, 11:45 PM

Gabby that's weak. You can say the same thing about any President who's military operations you disagreed with and there's enough on both sides of the aisle to have debates on for months.
That said, there is only 1 President in our history who has ever legally justified the assassination of an American citizen. I find that a hell of a lot more disturbing.

DragonStryk72
05-02-2012, 12:16 AM
Is this funny?

Um... Why does Obama know what a pitbull tastes like?

SassyLady
05-02-2012, 12:35 AM
Um... Why does Obama know what a pitbull tastes like?

Haven't you heard? He wrote in his book about eating dog when he was a child. Maybe it was a pitbull? More like a Chihuahua.

logroller
05-02-2012, 12:57 AM
Haven't you heard? He wrote in his book about eating dog when he was a child. Maybe it was a pitbull? More like a Chihuahua.
Was It a cook book?:laugh:

SassyLady
05-02-2012, 04:48 AM
Was It a cook book?:laugh:

You are cracking me up tonight!!!

:yourock:

PostmodernProphet
05-02-2012, 07:43 AM
I suppose if there can be MILF, there can be HMILE.........(I just noticed that soccer moms could put a SMILE on my face)........

fj1200
05-03-2012, 03:16 PM

It's all in the delivery. Does BO still laugh at his own jokes?

jon_forward
05-03-2012, 03:38 PM
Everything BO says is a frigging joke.

Noir
05-04-2012, 05:25 AM
What ever would we do if we didnt have the Internet to make us take life so seriously 'oh he should make jokes without referencing hockey moms or how would it look if he said this of this' sigh.

DragonStryk72
05-04-2012, 12:38 PM
What ever would we do if we didnt have the Internet to make us take life so seriously 'oh he should make jokes without referencing hockey moms or how would it look if he said this of this' sigh.

See, I'm still wondering how the eating dog part came up? Also, it was fantastically un-funny, even putting the alternate meaning aside.

ConHog
05-04-2012, 12:44 PM
Just proves that at heart Obama is punk nigger out to get whitey.

And personally I wouldn't mind tasting some Sarah Palin.

libertine
05-04-2012, 08:45 PM
See, I'm still wondering how the eating dog part came up? Also, it was fantastically un-funny, even putting the alternate meaning aside.

It came from the Romney campaign - it's in response to the Seamus story (Romney family dog in crate, strapped to the car roof for 12-hour road trip). As a child in Indonesia, Obama ate dog meat, which is eaten there.

DragonStryk72
05-04-2012, 08:51 PM
It came from the Romney campaign - it's in response to the Seamus story (Romney family dog in crate, strapped to the car roof for 12-hour road trip). As a child in Indonesia, Obama ate dog meat, which is eaten there.

Still doesn't make the joke funny.

libertine
05-04-2012, 08:56 PM

Nope. It wasn't. But I think that was Obama's way of letting the Romney campaign know that their 'dog-eating' story doesn't bother him. It's not like Obama likes to eat dogs. He lived in Indonesia when he was six years old.

Noir
05-04-2012, 08:58 PM

What i don't get is why people care if it was funny or not? I mean, it doesn't mean anything about anything =/

SassyLady
05-04-2012, 08:59 PM
Obama's Favorite Breakfast
Eggs Rover Easy

Obama's Favorite Soup
Chicken Poodle

Obama's Favorite Burger
Quarter Pounder with Fleas

Obama's Favorite Sandwich
BLT - Bulldog, Lettuce and Tomato

Obama's Favorite Mustard
Greyhound Poupon