PDA

View Full Version : Where do the come up with this nuttiness?

Pages : 1 [2]

fj1200
05-07-2012, 01:08 AM
But the worst part is you get told the same thi g over and ober and over and you never actually learn anything

That does assume that any of us actually learn anything. :poke:

ConHog
05-07-2012, 01:11 AM
LOL! Brick and wall. You never got what conservatives were about, nor what the left is about. You just go from post-to-post hoping to hit something right. That you garner as many responses as you do?

Do what? You had one too many ensures tonight granny? Sleep it off

logroller
05-07-2012, 01:11 AM
I meant on estate tax reform. It'll be a doozy, I did bring it up before though. A long time ago.
A long time ago...like when this was a policy debate site. Intriguing idea in itself. It'll never work though, that's just right wing bs.

ConHog
05-07-2012, 01:13 AM
That does assume that any of us actually learn anything. :poke:

Oh please ive even seen the freat and mighty fj concede a point or two around here

Wind Song
05-07-2012, 01:17 AM
No in this thread people are complaining because you yammer on for 20 pages neve conceding a point. Speaking fo an entire group and nlasting people as not being frindly to you because they dont agree with you

I mean you flat admit you takecontroversial positions and then go out of your way tobe a pain in the ass. Hey if thats what gets hou going but then dont whine about people not liking you.

Youwant people to like you then start earning it. Heres a hint you dont earn it by blasting sassy when she says something to yopart

But the worst part is you get told the same thi g over and ober and over and you never actually learn anything

I'm at this point in my trauma work where I'm stuck in between two completely untenable places. On one side, is rage. Big time. On the other side, is judgment holding it in equally strongly and violently.

Most days I feel like I'm going to explode.

Telling you my trauma story wouldn't help, but if I try to explain what trauma bonding and re-enactment are, I can tell you that I am re-enacting trauma with people on this forum.

I'm making myself a foster child over and over again. I'm acting out in order to get emotionally battered because I had to bond with a foster parent, (my aunt) who was extremely abusive to me. She tortured me, basically, physically, but the emotional and psychological abuse was the worst.

The silent treatment (can you see how I've created that? all the people who have me on ignore), imprisonment, humiliation. She said horrible things to me and I get all of you to do the same to me. Then she would threaten to put me in an orphanage. Both my parents were mentally ill, and were in mental hospital for most of my growing up years.

I provoked my abusive aunt because I felt it was a fight for my spiritual life at stake.

The night that Kath decided to tell me I was seeking attention for my dog dying, I was in so much emotional anguish that I overdosed and ended up in the ER.

What's different this time is I'm trusting all of you with this information, and I'm doing it publically.

SassyLady
05-07-2012, 01:23 AM
What do you think PTSD is? I'm not an "over-reactive person". I'm a person who over reacts. I'm not THAT kind of person. Something in me reacts, but I am not that reaction. I'm the one aware of the overreaction.

Do you know the difference?

Yes.

If posting on a message board triggers your PTSD, then perhaps you should take a step back until you've developed the coping skills for participating here.

And, if you are aware of the overreaction, how are you working to overcome that by coming to a board that is definitely going to cause you to overreact?

Wind Song
05-07-2012, 01:24 AM
Yes.

If posting on a message board triggers your PTSD, then perhaps you should take a step back until you've developed the coping skills for participating here.

And, if you are aware of the overreaction, how are you working to overcome that by coming to a board that is definitely going to cause you to overreact?

OK. That's what I've been saying. I don't belong here. The community cannot tolerate how I am and I cannot be other than how I am right now.

Surrender Dorothy.

SassyLady
05-07-2012, 01:28 AM
OK. That's what I've been saying. I don't belong here. The community cannot tolerate how I am and I cannot be other than how I am right now.

Surrender Dorothy.

You can be other than how you are. It's a conscious choice to think about your reaction and look at different possibilities and then choose the one that will move you away from the place you are stuck.

We are not here to enable the behavior you want to change. Which is why we are on your case all the time. We know you want to change, but you have to be the one that chooses how to make it happen.

SassyLady
05-07-2012, 01:30 AM

Surrender Dorothy.

I am going to reveal something to the board about myself that I think you'll find amusing. My birth name is Dorothy also.

So, every time CH uses that name it catches my attention because I think he's speaking to me.

So, we do have something in common.

ConHog
05-07-2012, 08:25 AM
I am going to reveal something to the board about myself that I think you'll find amusing. My birth name is Dorothy also.

So, every time CH uses that name it catches my attention because I think he's speaking to me.

Oh Lawd, just what this board needed LOL

darin
05-07-2012, 08:30 AM
I am Dorothy.

:solidarity:

tailfins
05-07-2012, 08:49 AM

Surrender Dorothy.

You take posts too seriously! Think of a post as fodder for a discussion. You are in a position of weakness if you can't address every point of view. You may notice I tend to avoid the "steel cage". However it's not because I can't handle it, it's just that there are better things to talk about.

ConHog
05-07-2012, 09:51 AM
I am Dorothy.

:solidarity:

LOL quick someone find a solidarity icon for dorothy. That's awesome. Let's have a ten million Dorothy march.

Dilloduck
05-07-2012, 10:40 AM
Sorry------ I AM SPARTACUS

05-07-2012, 08:20 PM
We're certainly envious of the first class citizenship hets have and we don't.

You have the same exact citizenship everyone else does.

Shadow
05-07-2012, 08:28 PM

My grandmother's first name was Dorothy. My mom wanted to name me Dotty...my dad didn't like that (too cutesy he said). So, they gave me her middle name instead.

05-07-2012, 08:46 PM
You think it's a sin to BE homosexual. That's on you. Jesus wouldn't condemn us.

No. He would simply invite you to repent and sin no more. And He does. His arms are always out to welcome us to righteousness and love.

That's His invitation to all people. Yet, you seem to think that He should make an exception in your case for some reason. That doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

Wickedness never was and never is happiness. Which is why Christ atoned and died for us. So that we can overcome our human nature and be born again of the Spirit. Through Him we have the power to change our very nature. He can and will change us from corruption to incorruption. He will help us overcome our habits and natures. He will change us from mortality to immortality. From humanity to divinity.

When you feel the pure joy of the Holy Spirit touch your life, you realize that you can do all things in Christ. It doesnt matter how vile and horrible we have been as a person. Nor how good and positive we have. When you are touched by the Spirit you realize immediately how man is nothing compared to God and yet everything to Him.

I cannot convey the joy that comes from the fact that I can say with all honesty that "I know that my Redeemer Lives!" I will always remember the day when I first recognized the Spirit touched me. He overwhelmed me. Brought me to my knees. Brought me to tears in pure joy and gave me hope. It's because of my experience with the Spirit that I know God has power because I've felt it to such a degree that I would be lying if I denied it. When the Spirit touches you, you can begin to truly comprehend pure love. Even the emotions I feel looking at my wife and daughter are just a glimpses of what I have felt from God.

Im going to be honest. I want you to repent. I want everyone to repent. I want to repent more. I want to be more and more inline with God. I want to be able to taste of the Pure love of Christ and share it with everyone I meet. It's a high in a way. It makes you want to love others. It makes you want to bless them and makes you want them to feel love.

We all have our choices to make. We all have to search for God on our own. We all have to go through the processes of humbling ourselves before Him. We have to go through the process of giving up our fears and replacing it with faith. We all have to ask questions, study, think things through with our mind and experiment on the Word. But Ive found that those who do, recieve happiness and joy being description. They are full of love. God will invite you follow Him, but if you choose another path He will still lift you as much as He can on your pathway.

I wish my words could do justice to what I've experienced. They can't. But I rejoice everyday that God can work even with my imperfections. Id truly be lost without His love and power in my life.

Wind Song
05-07-2012, 09:29 PM
I appreciate that your religion comforts you, avatar. I'm sorry about the views you have of homosexual people. It saddens me what you believe.
s

ConHog
05-07-2012, 10:46 PM
I appreciate that your religion comforts you, avatar. I'm sorry about the views you have of homosexual people. It saddens me what you believe.
s

Why dpes it sadden you? Where are your threads condemning islam? Just as am example

Wind Song
05-07-2012, 10:57 PM
No point answering you, CH.

I'm staying on the joke and music threads. No more fighting spirt allowed.

05-08-2012, 12:02 PM
s

Why does it sadden you that I want to see all men repent and be happy? Why does it sadden you that I want to see all come to Christ so that they can live and be free?

I want to bless you and my fellow man and that saddens you. Amazing.

Gator Monroe
05-08-2012, 12:18 PM
You truly are fucking stupid.

Gays make up oh roughly 10% of the population. Why do you think 10% of the population is going to get all 50 states to accept gay marriage as legal? Are you really to retarded to understand that you COULD sell having NO government marriage license at all and then each church could define marriage however they want?

Oh, but you just keep screaming the same thing over and over.

Incorrect , ALL GLBT folks make up less a % than the Jewish American Populace . more like 3 to 4 % Tops Nationally