PDA

View Full Version : A Letter to email to Your Senator

nevadamedic
05-21-2007, 02:58 PM
Senator:

It has come to my attention that Members of the Senate have negotiated a so-called “compromise immigration bill” that, if passed will grant amnesty to 12-20 million illegal aliens currently in the United States. Moreover, this so-called compromise amnesty scam will do nothing but encourage more people to cross our nation’s borders illegally.

It is also my understanding that the Senate is planning to ram this amnesty legislation down the throats of the American people in a matter of days.

Let me make it perfectly clear; the American people DO NOT WANT you to “compromise.” The American people NEVER asked you for “compromise legislation.” The entire concept of “compromise” – when it comes to granting Amnesty to 12-20 million illegal aliens -- is a fable dreamed up in the hallways and conference rooms of the Capitol and the newsrooms of the Washington Post and the New York Times. When it comes to granting Amnesty to 12-20 million illegal aliens, there can be NO COMPROMISE.

I understand that the spin doctors are already at work trying to convince the American people that this isn’t an amnesty bill. But the American people know better. We are not going to be fooled by your back room deals and misleading rhetoric.

Amnesty was a bad idea last year and it's still a bad idea. The American people want secure borders and no amnesty for millions of illegal aliens. Play political games with American sovereignty at your own political peril.

The American people know that it only takes 40 United States Senators to stop any bill from becoming law and patriotic Americans expect at least 40 of you to step up to the plate and do what ever it takes to protect this country.

Sincerely,

Just copy and paste this letter in your email to your Senators. If youo need help getting their contact information let me know and ill look it up.

Doniston
05-21-2007, 03:01 PM
Senator:

It has come to my attention that Members of the Senate have negotiated a so-called “compromise immigration bill” that, if passed will grant amnesty to 12-20 million illegal aliens currently in the United States. Moreover, this so-called compromise amnesty scam will do nothing but encourage more people to cross our nation’s borders illegally.

It is also my understanding that the Senate is planning to ram this amnesty legislation down the throats of the American people in a matter of days.

Let me make it perfectly clear; the American people DO NOT WANT you to “compromise.” The American people NEVER asked you for “compromise legislation.” The entire concept of “compromise” – when it comes to granting Amnesty to 12-20 million illegal aliens -- is a fable dreamed up in the hallways and conference rooms of the Capitol and the newsrooms of the Washington Post and the New York Times. When it comes to granting Amnesty to 12-20 million illegal aliens, there can be NO COMPROMISE.

I understand that the spin doctors are already at work trying to convince the American people that this isn’t an amnesty bill. But the American people know better. We are not going to be fooled by your back room deals and misleading rhetoric.

Amnesty was a bad idea last year and it's still a bad idea. The American people want secure borders and no amnesty for millions of illegal aliens. Play political games with American sovereignty at your own political peril.

The American people know that it only takes 40 United States Senators to stop any bill from becoming law and patriotic Americans expect at least 40 of you to step up to the plate and do what ever it takes to protect this country.

Sincerely,

Just copy and paste this letter in your email to your Senators. If youo need help getting their contact information let me know and ill look it up. no way Hose' there are things wrong, but not the whole deal.

Hagbard Celine
05-21-2007, 03:02 PM
Great, except wherever it says "American people," replace it with "xenophobic rightwingers."

nevadamedic
05-21-2007, 03:04 PM
Great, except wherever it says "American people," replace it with "xenophobic rightwingers."

This is a problem that has united Republicans and Democrats, it just people like you that are to stupid to realize the damage this will actually do.

Hagbard Celine
05-21-2007, 03:09 PM
This is a problem that has united Republicans and Democrats, it just people like you that are to stupid to realize the damage this will actually do.

That's "too" stupid to realize...nevermind. Nope, you're wrong.

stephanie
05-21-2007, 03:14 PM
I've posted about this site a couple of times already..I'm a member....Check it out if you wish.....You can send free faxes to your Rep.
I've sent out a bunch....
Date: Monday 21MAY07 3 a.m. EDT

You had the momentum all weekend -- Fri-Sun had amnesty crowd on the run

http://www.numbersusa.com/index

:salute:

Mr. P
05-21-2007, 03:23 PM

So, you're in favor of rewarding those who break the Laws of the United States?

You're in favor of just calling out Ollie ollie ox in free?

You support the criminal but not the law?

nevadamedic
05-21-2007, 03:25 PM
So, you're in favor of rewarding those who break the Laws of the United States?

That's a true Liberal for you.

Hagbard Celine
05-21-2007, 03:26 PM
So, you're in favor of rewarding those who break the Laws of the United States? Yes, that's exactly what I meant. :rolleyes: I love how you automatically jump to the most radical thought that pops into your head. :laugh:

I'm in favor of amending tax law to punish the criminal. Whether or not they live or work within the confines of our borders doesn't bother me. I also think maybe work visas should be easier to get.

Mr. P
05-21-2007, 03:35 PM
Yes, that's exactly what I meant. :rolleyes: I love how you automatically jump to the most radical thought that pops into your head. :laugh:

I'm in favor of amending tax law to punish the criminal. Whether or not they live or work within the confines of our borders doesn't bother me. I also think maybe work visas should be easier to get.

You said, "xenophobic rightwingers." I didn't jump, putz. There is no fear in this opposition to a bill directed at any foreigner. It's more the knowledge this bill will destroy the "Legal" immigration system, and this isn't about taxes at the moment.

nevadamedic
05-21-2007, 03:41 PM
You said, "xenophobic rightwingers." I didn't jump, putz. There is no fear in this opposition to a bill directed at any foreigner. It's more the knowledge this bill will destroy the "Legal" immigration system, and this isn't about taxes at the moment.

Ive sent it to Senators Mccain, Ensign, Kyl, Kerry, Kennedy, Reid and Clinton, any other ideas who to send it to?

Mr. P
05-21-2007, 03:59 PM
Ive sent it to Senators Mccain, Ensign, Kyl, Kerry, Kennedy, Reid and Clinton, any other ideas who to send it to?

All that voted for it?

nevadamedic
05-21-2007, 04:01 PM
All that voted for it?

I dont think they all voted for it........

LiberalNation
05-21-2007, 04:18 PM
I don't really have a problem with the bill they passed. Mitch McConnell is my senate rep if anyone who does disagree wants to contact him. Don't know if he voted for it or not.

Mr. P
05-21-2007, 04:44 PM
I don't really have a problem with the bill they passed. Mitch McConnell is my senate rep if anyone who does disagree wants to contact him. Don't know if he voted for it or not.

Tell us why you don't have a problem with it.

LiberalNation
05-21-2007, 06:27 PM
Seems like a good idea tho I doubt most would take them up on the offer if they have to go back to mexico and get the visa before they can be legalised.