PDA

View Full Version : Who Cares?

Kathianne
05-03-2012, 11:13 PM
Like i didn't know both were uber rich?

http://news.yahoo.com/michelle-obamas-expensive-fashion-rivals-ann-romney-182659116--abc-news-politics.html

Michelle Obama's Expensive Fashion Rivals That Of Ann Romney<cite id="yui_3_4_0_24_1336104494664_323" class="byline vcard">By Mary Bruce | ABC OTUS News – <abbr id="yui_3_4_0_24_1336104494664_327" title="2012-05-03T18:26:59Z">9 hrs ago
</abbr></cite>

News for outlets.

logroller
05-04-2012, 01:51 AM
The question I ask then is, are the first ladies( potential or current)any more out of touch with the plights of the common citizen than the it husbands?

05-04-2012, 06:50 AM
romneys arent being paid by government

Noir
05-04-2012, 07:06 AM
romneys arent being paid by government

But she hopes they soon will be.

jimnyc
05-04-2012, 07:08 AM

With the money they have, I doubt she cares about the government footing the bill!

fj1200
05-04-2012, 07:22 AM

POTUS compensation is nothing for Romney and the First Lady is unpaid.

Noir
05-04-2012, 07:40 AM
With the money they have, I doubt she cares about the government footing the bill!

With the money they have Romeny has he could happily be the President and decline his salary, though I certainly haven't heard him say he will. Ive no doubt he, his wife, the Obamas, and all presidents and such no matter their wealth will spend taxpayer money before their own.

Noir
05-04-2012, 07:46 AM
and the First Lady is unpaid.

I know that, which made Avatars comment all the more bizarre, but I thought of roll with it.

fj1200
05-04-2012, 08:19 AM
I know that, which made Avatars comment all the more bizarre, but I thought of roll with it.

Stating the obvious is bizarre?

With the money they have Romeny has he could happily be the President and decline his salary, though I certainly haven't heard him say he will. Ive no doubt he, his wife, the Obamas, and all presidents and such no matter their wealth will spend taxpayer money before their own.

I haven't heard him say that either but he has already opted out of Medicare. I think he should take it and add it to the funds he already gives to charity.

tailfins
05-04-2012, 09:05 AM
Like i didn't know both were uber rich?

http://news.yahoo.com/michelle-obamas-expensive-fashion-rivals-ann-romney-182659116--abc-news-politics.html

News for outlets.

I would like to inject a bit of historical perspective. If you study the cultural side of the Duesenberg, they often had rocks thrown at them. It was considered cruel to engage in conspicuous consumption during the depression. It would have been a disqualification for a Democrat. Michelle Obama engaging in conspicuous consumption is a practical way of saying, I don't care what situation Barack Obama has left you in.

jimnyc
05-04-2012, 09:11 AM

I'll have to read more to get links, but I'm pretty sure Michelle has bought a lot of clothing on the taxpayers dime, where as Romney buys her own clothes currently. I'd like to think with all of that money that the Romney's wouldn't have to use taxpayer money.

jimnyc
05-04-2012, 09:12 AM
Follow this search and you can see what to believe and what to ignore, but no doubt taxpayers pay for a lot of her clothing:

http://search.yahoo.com/search;_ylt=Am_Cm_r0wIla28S8RmSRNyObvZx4?p=michell e+obama+clothing+taxpayer+money&toggle=1&cop=mss&ei=UTF-8&fr=yfp-t-701

Noir
05-04-2012, 09:17 AM
I'll have to read more to get links, but I'm pretty sure Michelle has bought a lot of clothing on the taxpayers dime, where as Romney buys her own clothes currently. I'd like to think with all of that money that the Romney's wouldn't have to use taxpayer money.

I'd like to think with all the money the Obamas have they wouldn't have to use taxpayer money, but they do, and not doubt if they get the chance the Romenys will too, and whoever comes after that.

tailfins
05-04-2012, 09:20 AM
I'd like to think with all the money the Obamas have they wouldn't have to use taxpayer money, but they do, and not doubt if they get the chance the Romenys will too, and whoever comes after that.

I was being charitable and giving them the benefit of the doubt in my post.

jimnyc
05-04-2012, 09:21 AM

Not always, and it also depends on how much spending. Look at Bloomberg here in NYC. I don't care for the man, but he's rich as hell and doesn't draw a salary.

I can see Presidents needing suits and foreign affairs and all that jazz, so he needs to have money spent on him. But I don't think a penny of taxpayers money should go on fancy clothing for wives, kids or anyone but the elected official. I say this about all former and future, not just picking on the current. Especially when the entire country is struggling though.

ConHog
05-04-2012, 12:01 PM
Not always, and it also depends on how much spending. Look at Bloomberg here in NYC. I don't care for the man, but he's rich as hell and doesn't draw a salary.

I can see Presidents needing suits and foreign affairs and all that jazz, so he needs to have money spent on him. But I don't think a penny of taxpayers money should go on fancy clothing for wives, kids or anyone but the elected official. I say this about all former and future, not just picking on the current. Especially when the entire country is struggling though.

Yes an no Jim. I mean the First Lady does have many ceremonial duties in which she IS representing our country. She shouldn't have to pay for her own clothes and such for those events. Now certainly there should be limits.

I'm more aggravated about the umpteen trips the family goes on that costs us millions. Of course they pay for their own costs, but conveniently forget to mention who pays for the ancillary costs associated with security and such.... THAT aggravates me, one family vacation a year PERIOD .

Noir
05-04-2012, 12:12 PM

I'd say it should all be means tested, if you're a millionaire you don't need a penny spent buying you suits or jazz. Likewise for the whole of congress.

ConHog
05-04-2012, 12:19 PM
I'd say it should all be means tested, if you're a millionaire you don't need a penny spent buying you suits or jazz. Likewise for the whole of congress.

The simple solution with Congress is to send them fuckers home, let them have secure internet meetings.

Abbey Marie
05-04-2012, 04:19 PM
They should all be in orange jumpsuits for rape of Democracy.