PDA

View Full Version : Going to Pennsylvania for weekend

jimnyc
05-04-2012, 10:24 AM
My father and brother left SC/GA and are now in Lancaster, PA. When the boy gets out of school we'll be going to take a visit, then stay in Jersey for another night before returning. Been there a billion times so it's no big deal, all about food and family on this trip! And maybe a few outlet stores to get some discounts.

Please don't tear the board down while I'm gone! :coffee:

logroller
05-04-2012, 11:14 AM
I gather WS resigned as resident victim, so it should be smooth sailing from now until you blink... Have a nice trip!

Abbey Marie
05-04-2012, 01:31 PM
Is Shady Maple in your future? Go hungry!

jimnyc
05-04-2012, 01:39 PM
Is Shady Maple in your future? Go hungry!

That's where I'll be at 8am tomorrow!! I'm dieting, so it's gonna be tough. Ever been to Yoders?

Abbey Marie
05-04-2012, 01:44 PM
That's where I'll be at 8am tomorrow!! I'm dieting, so it's gonna be tough. Ever been to Yoders?

No, how is that? I've only been to Shady once. Even though we don't live all that far, I don't go to Lancaster much. We did like that cute little amusement park when our daughter was young.

jimnyc
05-04-2012, 01:46 PM
No, how is that? I've only been to Shady once. Even though we don't live all that far, I don't go to Lancaster much. We did like that cute little amusement park when our daughter was young.

Well, Shady Maple is HUGE, but you still get in pretty quick, but the lines can be very long. Yoders isn't quite as big, generally small lines and the food is very good as well. Somehow it's just not the same. But if you sleep in by mistake and miss SM, Yoders serves later!

Abbey Marie
05-04-2012, 01:47 PM
Well, Shady Maple is HUGE, but you still get in pretty quick, but the lines can be very long. Yoders isn't quite as big, generally small lines and the food is very good as well. Somehow it's just not the same. But if you sleep in by mistake and miss SM, Yoders serves later!

You're making me want to go!

ConHog
05-04-2012, 02:03 PM
I gather WS resigned as resident victim, so it should be smooth sailing from now until you blink... Have a nice trip!

I object to you trolling her in this thread, AND I object to your status having her name in it.

logroller
05-04-2012, 03:50 PM
I object to you trolling her in this thread, AND I object to your status having her name in it.
I find her general demeanor wholly objectionable. That's how I choose to express myself. But you comment is noted.

Wind Song
05-04-2012, 03:59 PM
I find her general demeanor wholly objectionable. That's how I choose to express myself. But you comment is noted.

Bullshit. You're pissed off at me because you held your offer of friendship "at gunpoint" and demanded that I apologize to you publically. After I did so, I found your demand not in keeping with my values in friendship. Requests I can handle. Demands with time limits, no.

ConHog
05-04-2012, 05:20 PM

If you don't want to like her, that's fine. As I've told her, not everyone is going to like everyone. But two things

1. I find it VERY cowardly to put someone on ignore than talk shit about them

2. It has been established that ridiculing another poster via your avie or signature is not permissible.

logroller
05-04-2012, 05:51 PM
If you don't want to like her, that's fine. As I've told her, not everyone is going to like everyone. But two things

1. I find it VERY cowardly to put someone on ignore than talk shit about them

2. It has been established that ridiculing another poster via your avie or signature is not permissible.

Its a statement of fact, I'm not ridiculing her. Its just that, in light of facts, she's ridiculous.

She's a big girl, if she can pick a fight, I don't need to kowtow. If you don't like it; ignore me. If you wanna throw your hat in the ring, fine, but I'll scoff at being judged by one who's a rich history of incendiary and culture- shocking responses. Thanks for trying to play peacemaker...but your faux sense of defender from bullies is all too trite. You've been the bully far more than I ever was; so bite your hypocritical tongue.

Wind Song
05-04-2012, 05:55 PM
Sour Grapes. I rejected you.

ConHog
05-04-2012, 05:57 PM
Its a statement of fact, I'm not ridiculing her. Its just that, in light of facts, she's ridiculous.

She's a big girl, if she can pick a fight, I don't need to kowtow. If you don't like it; ignore me. If you wanna throw your hat in the ring, fine, but I'll scoff at being judged by one who's a rich history of incendiary and culture- shocking responses. Thanks for trying to play peacemaker...but your faux sense of defender from bullies is all too trite. You've been the bully far more than I ever was; so bite your hypocritical tongue.

I'm not attempting to be peace maker. I'm defending someone who the whole fucking board is all over . If you don't like that , that's cool. No reason for it to turn into a thing between us. I am fine with you not doing as I ask or whatever. No biggie. Just as I am SURE that you are fine with me posting MY opinions.....................

I must admit though that I AM curious as to my rich history of culture shocking responses. :laugh2:

PS Logroller - I am a judgmental asshole, but for the record I think you're a decent guy.

ConHog
05-04-2012, 05:58 PM
Sour Grapes. I rejected you.

Shut up.. There is no reason for you to egg it on.

Wind Song
05-04-2012, 06:00 PM
Shut up.. There is no reason for you to egg it on.

No, I won't stop telling the truth about this. The reason he is pissed off is that I told him I didn't want to be his friend.

logroller
05-04-2012, 06:24 PM
I'm not attempting to be peace maker. I'm defending someone who the whole fucking board is all over . If you don't like that , that's cool. No reason for it to turn into a thing between us. I am fine with you not doing as I ask or whatever. No biggie. Just as I am SURE that you are fine with me posting MY opinions.....................

I must admit though that I AM curious as to my rich history of culture shocking responses. :laugh2:

PS Logroller - I am a judgmental asshole, but for the record I think you're a decent guy.
You think I'm a decent guy...guess you never said anything about your accuracy in being judgmental. LOL

No big whoop; moving on.

DragonStryk72
05-04-2012, 06:35 PM
My father and brother left SC/GA and are now in Lancaster, PA. When the boy gets out of school we'll be going to take a visit, then stay in Jersey for another night before returning. Been there a billion times so it's no big deal, all about food and family on this trip! And maybe a few outlet stores to get some discounts.

Please don't tear the board down while I'm gone! :coffee:

Hey, don't forget grab me some Peanut Butter Cups in Hershey.

ConHog
05-04-2012, 06:58 PM
You think I'm a decent guy...guess you never said anything about your accuracy in being judgmental. LOL

No big whoop; moving on.

Well I meant in relation to how well we can know someone on here. Hell, for all I really know you have women stuffed in your freezer.

jimnyc
05-06-2012, 10:39 AM
Hey, don't forget grab me some Peanut Butter Cups in Hershey.

Didn't go to Hershey or anywhere that sold their products. Was in a flea market in "Bird in Hand" though and stole some free homemade fudge samples! Awesome! And anyone who knows the area knows that I didn't make up the name Bird in Hand, which is near Intercourse and up the road from Blue Ball. All true!

Anyway, a little too much of everything over the weekend and I'm exhausted. 3 kids in the back of my truck that literally laughed at me when I asked them to quiet down. I told them I would pull over and kill them, and they just laughed harder. And one of them was my son!

fj1200
05-06-2012, 04:13 PM
... which is near Intercourse and up the road from Blue Ball. All true!

Are those at opposite ends of the same road?

logroller
05-06-2012, 04:18 PM
Didn't go to Hershey or anywhere that sold their products. Was in a flea market in "Bird in Hand" though and stole some free homemade fudge samples! Awesome! And anyone who knows the area knows that I didn't make up the name Bird in Hand, which is near Intercourse and up the road from Blue Ball. All true!

Anyway, a little too much of everything over the weekend and I'm exhausted. 3 kids in the back of my truck that literally laughed at me when I asked them to quiet down. I told them I would pull over and kill them, and they just laughed harder. And one of them was my son!

Shoulda picked up some shovels and lime at that swap meet.

jimnyc
05-06-2012, 07:04 PM
Are those at opposite ends of the same road?

Well, in the direction I was traveling, we went through Bird in Hand and then made it to Blue Ball, then cut over a few roads looking for Intercourse (also true!). I'm back home with the wifey tonight and am reminded of the town of Blue Ball. (also true!) LOL

Shoulda picked up some shovels and lime at that swap meet.

It was my 14yr old niece, my 11yr old son and 12yr old niece. I tried to leave them at a few places but my brother was with me and kept waiting up for them. Those 3 little eggheads all had Ipods/Itouch's/Laptops - the 2 shared a bed at the hotel and my son had the couch. They stayed up till like 3am giggling and texting one another from inches away, and playing videos and listening to music. My stern words about taking things away from them, going home, no money, no food - was all met with more giggling. I'm afraid I'm a pushover and the little bastards know that!