PDA

View Full Version : Getting To Know You

Wind Song
05-04-2012, 12:29 PM
I don't know people here very well. I'm wondering if anyone would be willing to share something, that isn't political, that tells us a bit more about who you are?

Let's see. What is something no one could ever guess that you've done?

What's your most rewarding leisure time activity?

Where did you grow up and how did that make you who you are now?

Anything else that you want to share.

darin
05-04-2012, 12:35 PM
What is something no one could ever guess that you've done?

Played Santa for a German-US Kids group, Wackerheim, Germany. :)

Man, I'm having trouble finding Joy in very many things.

Where I grew up physically - south of Seattle, WA didn't make me who I am now. Where I grew up real-world was during my enlistment in the Army - in Germany and Korea. I learned the ratio of hard work : success. I learned sacrifice and team work and how to be open-minded. :)

I sense people. Vibes. I communicate physically more than verbally. I'm pretty good at Make-up, Hair, and clothes. I LOVE taking my daughter shopping.

jimnyc
05-04-2012, 12:40 PM
I'm betting many would be surprised to learn that I have faults. Most think I am perfect. :coffee:

Born in Rahway, NJ, nearly 44 years ago. I remember the day vividly.
My most rewarding activities are things that I do with my son. And laughing at funny looking people.

I used to smoke a lot of pot. I know, I know, hard to believe, but I should have been born in the 60's. :420::chillpill:

My favorite drink is XXX Vitamin Water. Favorite food is Pizza or Veal Parmigiana.

I'm what many like to call a "right wing extremist" and proud of it.

I've only had 4 girlfriends.

darin
05-04-2012, 12:43 PM
I've had ~2 dozen 'girlfriends', best I can recall. :-/

jimnyc
05-04-2012, 12:45 PM
I've had ~2 dozen 'girlfriends', best I can recall. :-/

Mine goes up to like 20 or so if I count "flings" that weren't girlfriends and probably like 100 if you count hookers! :lol:

Wind Song
05-04-2012, 12:45 PM
This is fun. I hope more of you respond.

ConHog
05-04-2012, 12:49 PM
Played Santa for a German-US Kids group, Wackerheim, Germany. :)

Man, I'm having trouble finding Joy in very many things.

Where I grew up physically - south of Seattle, WA didn't make me who I am now. Where I grew up real-world was during my enlistment in the Army - in Germany and Korea. I learned the ratio of hard work : success. I learned sacrifice and team work and how to be open-minded. :)

I sense people. Vibes. I communicate physically more than verbally. I'm pretty good at Make-up, Hair, and clothes. I LOVE taking my daughter shopping.

You're gay. LOL

Seriously though, military grew me up to, that's why I'd LOVE to see 2 year enlistment for alll kids out of high school.

Wind Song
05-04-2012, 12:52 PM
You're gay. LOL

Seriously though, military grew me up to, that's why I'd LOVE to see 2 year enlistment for alll kids out of high school.

I'd like to see high school kids have the option of serving in the Peace Corps for two years instead of the military. I think if every kid coming out of high school did two years of public service somewhere before college, we would see some wonderful things happening.

darin
05-04-2012, 12:57 PM
I'd like to see high school kids have the option of serving in the Peace Corps for two years instead of the military. I think if every kid coming out of high school did two years of public service somewhere before college, we would see some wonderful things happening.

You may have just turned a corner; THAT is a very logical thought-out opinion. Well done.

ConHog
05-04-2012, 12:59 PM

I actually favor doing away with both the Pel Grant and the Student Loan program.

If you want to go to college but can't afford it, here is your option. Agree to work in a specific field either for the military, the government , or one of the REAL charities (IE peace corp, red cross, unicef what have you) in an area chosen by whichever group you go to work for for one year for each year of school (in state public ONLY) and your college is 100% paid for, room , board, tuition. and books. Plus of course you get paid for the work you do after college.

Easy peasy no more student loans. AND you are no doubt going to get a higher quality person working in the public sector at least for those 4 years. and who knows some may stay.......

Wind Song
05-04-2012, 01:06 PM
You may have just turned a corner; THAT is a very logical thought-out opinion. Well done.

I should frame this post.

ConHog
05-04-2012, 01:09 PM

That's more than the ass has ever given me.

HE really DOES want to fuck you. :coffee::lol:

Abbey Marie
05-04-2012, 01:33 PM
I don't know people here very well. I'm wondering if anyone would be willing to share something, that isn't political, that tells us a bit more about who you are?

I'll answer in my next post. In the meantime, have you read any of the member interviews? There is a lot of this kind of information there, and most of us have been interviewed. In fact, would you like to volunteer to be our next interview?

darin
05-04-2012, 01:34 PM

See? You want me. Admit it, dude. It happens.

:D

:cheers2:

Abbey Marie
05-04-2012, 01:36 PM

Sent pictures of my boobs to everyone I could think of.

Sending pictures of my boobs to everyone I can think of.

The Bronx. Made me love sending pictures of my boobs to everyone I can think of.

You guessed it- pictures of my boobs with everyone I can think of!

J/K Wind! I will answer seriously next.

Wind Song
05-04-2012, 01:39 PM
I'll answer in my next post. In the meantime, have you read any of the member interviews? There is a lot of this kind of information there, and most of us have been interviewed. In fact, would you like to volunteer to be our next interview?

I'll go and check them out. Thanks.

Abbey Marie
05-04-2012, 01:56 PM

I have 8 college credits in Zen Buddhism.

Sitting by the ocean, lakes, rivers.

The Bronx. Probably knowing what it is like to have little money. And my cool factor. ;)

ConHog
05-04-2012, 02:01 PM
See Dorothy. people here will be pleasant if you let them be. Hell even DMP was decent in this thread.

Wind Song
05-04-2012, 04:04 PM
See Dorothy. people here will be pleasant if you let them be. Hell even DMP was decent in this thread.

Some people ARE pleasant here.