PDA

View Full Version : 'The Jefferson Lies'

libertine
05-05-2012, 10:59 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=pRR-an0-JPA

Who is David Barton? David Barton is a man who says things that are not true.

David Barton makes stuff up. He surgically alters quotations deliberately in order to deceive others.

David Barton says things that are not true. He is not merely “controversial.” He is not merely “a lightning rod for critics.” His many, many false assertions are not merely “disputed” or “questioned” or “challenged.”

David Barton says things that are not true. After being repeatedly, publicly corrected, he repeats those very same untrue statements. This is what he does. This is how he makes his living.

http://crooksandliars.com/susie-madrak/why-man-who-wrote-jefferson-lies-righ

SassyLady
05-05-2012, 11:06 AM
Is he liberal, perchance?

revelarts
05-05-2012, 11:15 AM
No,
David Barton has made a few mistakes but not as many as the leftist that he's correcting.
Many on the left want to deny ANY American religious (Christian) heritage other than deism. Barton has published a couple of volumes of information now that show the widespread and heartfelt old school Christian religious beliefs thick in culture, practice, thought and politics in US history.

The left really hates him for it and try to say he's "a Lying liar who lies all the time" when they find a mistake here or there.

SassyLady
05-05-2012, 11:20 AM
I know Rev. Just pointing out that the same vile things being said about him can be said about liberals who are passionate in their beliefs.

Wind Song
05-05-2012, 05:23 PM
No,
David Barton has made a few mistakes but not as many as the leftist that he's correcting.
Many on the left want to deny ANY American religious (Christian) heritage other than deism. Barton has published a couple of volumes of information now that show the widespread and heartfelt old school Christian religious beliefs thick in culture, practice, thought and politics in US history.

The left really hates him for it and try to say he's "a Lying liar who lies all the time" when they find a mistake here or there.

When you make a blanket statement like "the left really hates David Barton", you're overgeneralizing. No one denies that Christians contributed to the forming of our nation.

What some of us object to is the idea that the US is a "Christian Nation".

ConHog
05-05-2012, 07:02 PM
When you make a blanket statement like "the left really hates David Barton", you're overgeneralizing. No one denies that Christians contributed to the forming of our nation.

NO ONE says were a Christian nation.

keyser soze
05-05-2012, 07:03 PM
Really? I hear it all the time...

libertine
05-05-2012, 07:11 PM
Really? I hear it all the time...

So do I. 'This country was founded on Judeo-Christian values'...that then justified the wholesale slaughter of all the indigenous people living here. :laugh2:

revelarts
05-05-2012, 07:55 PM

OK I think i said "MANY" on the left. not all. I should have said it ever time. . many is a true statement.

But are you going to correct libertine for being over broad in his Criticism.

"David Barton is a man who says things that are not true.
David Barton makes stuff up. He surgically alters quotations deliberately in order to deceive others.David Barton says things that are not true. He is not merely “controversial.” He is not merely “a lightning rod for critics.” His many, many false assertions are not merely “disputed” or “questioned” or “challenged.”
David Barton says things that are not true. After being repeatedly, publicly corrected, he repeats those very same untrue statements. This is what he does. This is how he makes his living. "

Not exactly a balance assessment.

Concering "Christian Nation" i'm not sure what people are upset about with that.
Pakistan is a Muslim nations not becuase everyone in the country is muslim
it was founded out of that faith. no matter where it may end up. Islam Bore Pakistan.

We know Muslims didn't found the colonies,
We know Atheist didn't settle here to escape religious oppression.
We know that Most every of the university set up in the Colonies was founded as Christian for the propagation of the gospels and such, no Wican or Hindu colleges.
We know many of the founders and there friends were devout Christians and even those few that were not believed the bible was a source and foundation for the concepts of liberty and freedom that the country is based on.
in Hunduism you have a cast system. In contrast christian teaching is that all men are created equal. the Greeks never believed that they thought some men were born slaves, a type of a cast system.

the foundations of this country are uniquely Christian. its a lie to say it's purely secular or even mostly secular. the roots are Christian back to Europe, the Christian ideas that men all men have rights and the king is just another man that is subject to the laws of God. Locke etc
the roots of the American ideals are hard core Christian. And are not arrived at by secular thought. without Christianity there would be no America. period.

the people here of all faiths benefit from the umbrella of the ideas of Christian tolerance , its concepts of man and freedom. Despite the flaws in its outworking.

Calling America a Christian nation is true in that sense.
Some folk take it farther than that but
It's something that should not be a burden for Many on the left to acknowledge from time to time. instead getting huffy and posting slander about Barton at every opportunity. And Acting Like saying America is a Christian Nation is like saying America is a Maritain Nation.

DragonStryk72
05-05-2012, 08:15 PM
No,

But lying to try and make a point that doesn't exist diminishes the message, hence why I don't condone "An Inconvenient Truth", which lied about its findings to make the situation seem more dire than it really was.

If you're going to start making sweeping comments about history, expect to hear from historians on the matter, especially when you are not doing correct fact-checking of your argument. Just if I were to make a movie, I have to expect movie critics to point any areas where I got lazy with it. Just the way that works.

revelarts
05-05-2012, 08:50 PM
True Lying doesn't help, I give him the benny of the doubt that he's made a few mistakes.

Man made Global warming is BS, AND many details Gore put in the film are BS details,
what he put together was lies to promote a bigger lie.

Barton has brought forth a ton of facts that show that there was a powerful and rich religious core to the founding of the nation. it is true , some of the details may be off. but the avalache of other facts still make the overall case.

I'm not familar with the new book
I'd like to check it out.

<div style="background-color:#000000;width:520px;"><div style="padding:4px;"><iframe src="http://media.mtvnservices.com/embed/mgid:cms:video:thedailyshow.com:413519" width="512" height="288" frameborder="0"></iframe><p style="text-align:left;background-color:#FFFFFF;padding:4px;margin-top:4px;margin-bottom:0px;font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:12px;"><b><a href="http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/tue-may-1-2012/exclusive---david-barton-extended-interview-pt--1">The Daily Show with Jon Stewart</a></b><br/>Get More: <a href='http://www.thedailyshow.com/full-episodes/'>Daily Show Full Episodes</a>,<a href='http://www.indecisionforever.com/'>Political Humor & Satire Blog</a>,<a href='http://www.facebook.com/thedailyshow'>The Daily Show on Facebook</a></p></div></div>

DragonStryk72
05-05-2012, 09:16 PM
True Lying doesn't help, I give him the benny of the doubt that he's made a few mistakes.

Man made Global warming is BS, AND many details Gore put in the film are BS details,
what he put together was lies to promote a bigger lie.

Barton has brought forth a ton of facts that show that there was a powerful and rich religious core to the founding of the nation. it is true , some of the details may be off. but the avalache of other facts still make the overall case.

I'm not familar with the new book
I'd like to check it out.

<iframe src="http://media.mtvnservices.com/embed/mgid:cms:video:thedailyshow.com:413519" frameborder="0" height="288" width="512"></iframe>
The Daily Show with Jon Stewart (http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/tue-may-1-2012/exclusive---david-barton-extended-interview-pt--1)
Get More: Daily Show Full Episodes (http://www.thedailyshow.com/full-episodes/),Political Humor & Satire Blog (http://www.indecisionforever.com/),The Daily Show on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/thedailyshow)

And I would as well, if he simply admitted to the parts he was in error on, and did not just keep repeating them. At that point, yes, he is officially lying and not just mistaken. In fact, had he admitted to an error, I would likely have had more respect for him, as it does take a solid spine to admit you're just flat out wrong in the public arena.

I do think that man-made pollution exists, but I'd be more concerned over places like Ireland and such that used to be huge forests, but now have barely any due to old time logging, as opposed to our more modern tree farms that exists precisely we don't have to log new lands, and hell, China uses bamboo primarily, which is fast growing and regenerative. Yeah, they need to work on the coal plants, but that's just a matter of better technology coming along. We've gotten a lot better since those days, and Gore refused to admit that point. We should keep the momentum going, but it's not a "crisis" like he imagined it, and when the numbers didn't support him, he just kept going like he had been, and it destroyed his message.

keyser soze
05-05-2012, 09:24 PM
WTH are you talking about? I see a lot of verbose posting with little to no facts...where are the facts...or don't they matter.

Wind Song
05-05-2012, 09:28 PM
NO ONE says were a Christian nation.

Plenty of people say that, perhaps none say that on this forum. There is a whole movement to rewrite history and say that the US was founded on Christian principles.

Wind Song
05-05-2012, 09:30 PM
OK I think i said "MANY" on the left. not all. I should have said it ever time. . many is a true statement.

But are you going to correct libertine for being over broad in his Criticism.

"David Barton is a man who says things that are not true.
David Barton makes stuff up. He surgically alters quotations deliberately in order to deceive others.David Barton says things that are not true. He is not merely “controversial.” He is not merely “a lightning rod for critics.” His many, many false assertions are not merely “disputed” or “questioned” or “challenged.”
David Barton says things that are not true. After being repeatedly, publicly corrected, he repeats those very same untrue statements. This is what he does. This is how he makes his living. "

Not exactly a balance assessment.

Concering "Christian Nation" i'm not sure what people are upset about with that.
Pakistan is a Muslim nations not becuase everyone in the country is muslim
it was founded out of that faith. no matter where it may end up. Islam Bore Pakistan.

We know Muslims didn't found the colonies,
We know Atheist didn't settle here to escape religious oppression.
We know that Most every of the university set up in the Colonies was founded as Christian for the propagation of the gospels and such, no Wican or Hindu colleges.
We know many of the founders and there friends were devout Christians and even those few that were not believed the bible was a source and foundation for the concepts of liberty and freedom that the country is based on.
in Hunduism you have a cast system. In contrast christian teaching is that all men are created equal. the Greeks never believed that they thought some men were born slaves, a type of a cast system.

the foundations of this country are uniquely Christian. its a lie to say it's purely secular or even mostly secular. the roots are Christian back to Europe, the Christian ideas that men all men have rights and the king is just another man that is subject to the laws of God. Locke etc
the roots of the American ideals are hard core Christian. And are not arrived at by secular thought. without Christianity there would be no America. period.

the people here of all faiths benefit from the umbrella of the ideas of Christian tolerance , its concepts of man and freedom. Despite the flaws in its outworking.

Calling America a Christian nation is true in that sense.
Some folk take it farther than that but
It's something that should not be a burden for Many on the left to acknowledge from time to time. instead getting huffy and posting slander about Barton at every opportunity. And Acting Like saying America is a Christian Nation is like saying America is a Maritain Nation.

Many is not a true statement. How many? Exactly. Christian tolerance? New one on me.

DragonStryk72
05-05-2012, 09:32 PM
WTH are you talking about? I see a lot of verbose posting with little to no facts...where are the facts...or don't they matter.

Because we've already had thread discussions on An Inconvenient Truth, and don't feel like rehashing them.

keyser soze
05-05-2012, 09:33 PM
Because we've already had thread discussions on An Inconvenient Truth, and don't feel like rehashing them.
That isn't the topic of discussion or didn't you know that?

Wind Song
05-05-2012, 09:36 PM

Forgive DS. He's a senior member here and can be grumpy to new posters.

keyser soze
05-05-2012, 09:38 PM
Which has nothing to do with the topic of discussion...apparently.

Wind Song
05-05-2012, 09:42 PM
Which has nothing to do with the topic of discussion...apparently.

Maybe he wants you to search the DP archives and read everything he's written?:2up:

Trigg
05-05-2012, 09:46 PM
isn't that sweet windsong has invited new friends and is involved circle jerks.

at least she won't have to debate any longer, not that she was any good at that anyway, now she just gets to laugh and agree.:lame2:

Wind Song
05-05-2012, 09:49 PM

at least she won't have to debate any longer, not that she was any good at that anyway, now she just gets to laugh and agree.:lame2:

I'm happy to see new members here. Something it sounds like isn't welcome to you. It's a breath of fresh air that they aren't the "stodgy old cons" we're used to.

I would love to take credit for these fellows, but I don't know them.

You don't like me much, Trigg. I'm sorry for that. I'm not going to leave based on your unhappiness with my political views. Your post gives me the impression that you like it alot better when I'm the only liberal DP members can see for miles around and you're all getting to pile on me.

I'll just add you to the collective ignore crowd who have me on their shit list.

Trigg
05-05-2012, 09:55 PM
I'm happy to see new members here. Something it sounds like isn't welcome to you. It's a breath of fresh air that they aren't the "stodgy old cons" we're used to.

You don't like me much, Trigg. I'm sorry for that. I'm not going to leave based on your unhappiness with my political views. Your post gives me the impression that you like it alot better when I'm the only liberal DP members can see for miles around and you're all getting to pile on me.

what I find funny is that you think you were the only liberal on the board before the new crop mysteriously popped up. Gabbosaurus and Noir are both libs and you never got along with them either because you are unable to debate coherently.

Lets hope the new group is able to post an independent thought without succoming to victimhood. Maybe if you watch you'll learn something.

Wind Song
05-05-2012, 09:57 PM
what I find funny is that you think you were the only liberal on the board before the new crop mysteriously popped up. Gabbosaurus and Noir are both libs and you never got along with them either because you are unable to debate coherently.

Lets hope the new group is able to post an independent thought without succoming to victimhood. Maybe if you watch you'll learn something.

Take your hostility back. You own it.

Trigg
05-05-2012, 09:59 PM
Take your hostility back. You own it.

yes, I certainly own the hope that they are able to debate without falling back to passive aggressive victimhood which you can't seem to get past.

I will also own the hilarity that I find with the fact that you couldn't get along with the other libs on the board.:laugh2:
:laugh2::laugh2:

Wind Song
05-05-2012, 10:07 PM
yes, I certainly own the hope that they are able to debate without falling back to passive aggressive victimhood which you can't seem to get past.

I will also own the hilarity that I find with the fact that you couldn't get along with the other libs on the board.:laugh2:
:laugh2::laugh2:

I get along with everyone better than I get along with you.:slap:

keyser soze
05-05-2012, 10:11 PM

From what I've seen you and your's are the only ones with their hands on other peoples dicks.

Shadow
05-05-2012, 10:18 PM

I was wondering if they were just going to all converse with each other,slap each others backs and ignore folks. Cuz that's pretty much all they were doing. Now, apparently trolling and name calling is on the agenda too. Good times. :thumb:

Shadow
05-05-2012, 10:20 PM

I'll just add you to the collective ignore crowd who have me on their shit list.

Actually your views aren't the problem. It's your attitude. You are hostile and unpleasant....if you could break that habit you would be fine.

Trigg
05-05-2012, 10:21 PM

really???

Jim, kathianne and sassy have all been called out by you on one thread or another. You've used vile names and threats on them as well.

Wind Song
05-05-2012, 10:22 PM
I was wondering if they were just going to all converse with each other,slap each others backs and ignore folks. Cuz that's pretty much all they were doing all they were doing. Now, apparently trolling and name calling is on the agenda too. Good times. :thumb:

And what do you think you guys have done with me for weeks on end? The same thing. High fiving each other, starting little ignore wind parties and trolling.

Wind Song
05-05-2012, 10:23 PM
really???

Jim, kathianne and sassy have all been called out by you on one thread or another. You've used vile names and threats on them as well.

Damn right. I have called out Jim, kath and sassy. Guess what? They're still talking to me.

I haven't threatened anyone though. THAT'S A LIE.

Trigg
05-05-2012, 10:23 PM
And what do you think you guys have done with me for weeks on end? The same thing. High fiving each other, starting little ignore wind parties and trolling.

no one ignored you, they were trying to debate.

sadly we've realized that you have no idea what that word means.

Wind Song
05-05-2012, 10:25 PM
Actually your views aren't the problem. It's your attitude. You are hostile and unpleasant....if you could break that habit you would be fine.

Yes, I've heard that before.

You'd like me to have a persnality implant. Tough shit. I am who I am. Most people here like me. You don't happen to be one of them? Big deal.

I bring some diversity to this forum. I'm sure you will all influence me when I step over the line and I will charm you all eventually with my basic human goodness.

Trigg
05-05-2012, 10:27 PM

Damn right. I have called out Jim, kath and sassy. Guess what? They're still talking to me.

I haven't threatened anyone though. THAT'S A LIE.

so you lied when you said you get along with everyone??????

:laugh:

There is an entier thread where you called sassy out, do I really need to go look for it :lol:

Shadow
05-05-2012, 10:29 PM

This coming from the woman who told me to post with you at my own risk...because we were enemies...first discussion out of the gate too. Right after you returned from a long self imposed vacation.

You really are delusional.

Shadow
05-05-2012, 10:31 PM
really???

And Dillo...And DMP...And PostmodernProfit...And DS...etc...

Wind Song
05-05-2012, 10:31 PM
no one ignored you, they were trying to debate.

sadly we've realized that you have no idea what that word means.

Actually, you missed the whole "Ignore Wind" movement. How about actually contributing to this topic yourself, Trigger?

The Jefferson Lies.

Wind Song
05-05-2012, 10:32 PM

Correct. I haven't called YOU any names.

Shadow
05-05-2012, 10:35 PM
Correct. I haven't called YOU any names.

Just everyone else huh. So... that means what exactly? That you ain't hostile and unpleasant?:laugh:

Trigg
05-05-2012, 10:37 PM

if memory serves she also has a problem with Mr. P

Shadow
05-05-2012, 10:42 PM
if memory serves she also has a problem with Mr. P

I think it would be quicker to post who she doesn't have a problem with....

oh...I know...all the newbie libs :thumb:

Wind Song
05-05-2012, 10:44 PM
Just everyone else huh. So... that means what exactly? That you ain't hostile and unpleasant?:laugh:

I'm an acquired taste. Some will NEVER accept me here because I'm too different. You'll all just form your little circle arm and arm and lock me out.

Other people will see what an incredibly wonderful woman I am under all that fire and love me for who I really am.

I'm carrying a heavy load of taking on getting justice for my family. When I'm able to lay that burden down I'll be as peaceful as a sleeping kitten.

Shadow
05-05-2012, 10:55 PM
I'm an acquired taste. Some will NEVER accept me here because I'm too different. You'll all just form your little circle arm and arm and lock me out.

Other people will see what an incredibly wonderful woman I am under all that fire and love me for who I really am.

I'm carrying a heavy load of taking on getting justice for my family. When I'm able to lay that burden down I'll be as peaceful as a sleeping kitten.

Stop with the sob stories already. You are not the first person in the world to have it tough and you won't be the last. And you have NO idea about anyone elses back stories here. Many have faced just as much hardship, and don't act like as much of an ass as you do.:rolleyes:

Wind Song
05-05-2012, 11:01 PM
Stop with the sob stories already. You are not the first person in the world to have it tough and you won't be the last. And you have NO idea about anyone elses back stories here. Many have faced just as much hardship, and don't act like as much of an ass as you do.:rolleyes:

What exactly are you referring to as a "sob story"?

You don't like how I act. I get that. More than you know. I'm willing to work on myself AND I'm not going to put up with continuous criticism without defending myself.

Just because I'm more open about myself than some of you are doesn't mean I know everyone has a back story to tell.

Is telling me I "act like an ass" supposed to help me get to know you? I know I act like an ass. It takes time to grow new neural pathways in the brain.

If you don't have the stomach or the patience to hang in there with me you can always ignore me.

Shadow
05-05-2012, 11:06 PM
What exactly are you referring to as a "sob story"?

You don't like how I act. I get that. More than you know. I'm willing to work on myself AND I'm not going to put up with continuous criticism without defending myself.

Just because I'm more open about myself than some of you are doesn't mean I know everyone has a back story to tell.

Is telling me I "act like an ass" supposed to help me get to know you? I know I act like an ass. It takes time to grow new neural pathways in the brain.

If you don't have the stomach or the patience to hang in there with me you can always ignore me.

Several posters on this board have posted their back stories multiple times. Not my fault you are so self absorbed that you ignore anything that doesn't revolve around you. You really need to stop creating drama by shit stirring, and then getting mad when people react. Most of them are just defending themselves from your verbal abuse. But again...you are too self absorbed to understand that.

Wind Song
05-05-2012, 11:10 PM
Several posters on this board have posted their back stories multiple times. Not my fault you are so self absorbed that you ignore anything that doesn't revolve around you. You really need to stop creating drama by shit stirring, and then getting mad when people react. Most of them are just defending themselves from your verbal abuse. But again...you are too self absorbed to understand that.

Well, instead of moaning that I don't know your back story tell me where everyone is putting these back stories and I'm happy to read them. Your post is full of negative judgment. I have no problem getting feedback but I don't like the insinuation that I'm a bad person.

I haven't called YOU a name.

Look, I am taking in more of people's feedback than you can know or appreciate. Nonetheless, I won't put up with constant negative criticism. I am doing my best. That's not good enough for you?

I'm sorry.

Criticise me all you want for what I DO, but don't criticise me for who I AM.

Shadow
05-05-2012, 11:19 PM
Well, instead of moaning that I don't know your back story tell me where everyone is putting these back stories and I'm happy to read them. Your post is full of negative judgment. I have no problem getting feedback but I don't like the insinuation that I'm a bad person.

I haven't called YOU a name.

Look, I am taking in more of people's feedback than you can know or appreciate. Nonetheless, I won't put up with constant negative criticism. I am doing my best. That's not good enough for you?

I'm sorry.

Criticise me all you want for what I DO, but don't criticise me for who I AM.

The back stories are all over the place...in threads where we were just talking about random subjects. I can't point to them all...they are everywhere. I have told you this before. People are more than willing to meet you in the middle,even defend you when you are being treated unfair...but you just jump everyone's ass and go off on a tangent before they even have a chance to respond.

How would I know if you are a good person or not WS...you won't stop long enough to have a rational conversation with anyone or let them get to know you without the drama.

DragonStryk72
05-05-2012, 11:20 PM

Have you actually debated before? Just asking, because if you read what I wrote, you could tell that I clearly used it as a comparative, which means, no it wasn't off topic.

Wind Song
05-05-2012, 11:22 PM
The back stories are all over the place...in threads where we were just talking about random subjects. I can't point to them all...they are everywhere. I have told you this before. People are more than willing to meet you in the middle,even defend you when you are being treated unfair...but you just jump everyone's ass and go off on a tangent before they even have a chance to respond.

How would I know if you are a good person or not WS...you won't stop long enough to have a rational conversation with anyone or let them get to know you without the drama.

Do you really expect me or any new person to scour the entire forum to find the gems where some back story was told?

You're right. I push people away on forums. I get that. If I could be more compliant, and quiet and mousy I would.

I've got a fire in my belly and that's just the way it is at this time in my life.

Shadow
05-05-2012, 11:28 PM
Do you really expect me or any new person to scour the entire forum to find the gems where some back story was told?

You're right. I push people away on forums. I get that. If I could be more compliant, and quiet and mousy I would.

I've got a fire in my belly and that's just the way it is at this time in my life.

Believe it or not you can have a "fire in your belly" without being a complete ass. You would think you would have learned that in dealing with the public by now.No one asked you to be "mousy" and "quiet" BTW.:rolleyes:

Wind Song
05-05-2012, 11:32 PM
Believe it or not you can have a "fire in your belly" without being a complete ass. You would think you would have learned that in dealing with the public by now.No one asked you to be "mousy" and "quiet" BTW.:rolleyes:

Again, endless scolding. Why not simply tell me what you need from me. That's what YOU need, not what other members need.

Because I've what I'm working through in my life, it's important for me to express myself. That's expressing myself without beating myself up over now I do it.

All you folks can do is criticise.

Try catching me doing something right for a change.

SassyLady
05-05-2012, 11:34 PM

How many thanks and reps have I given you WS? That is catching you doing something right.

Wind Song
05-05-2012, 11:36 PM
How many thanks and reps have I given you WS? That is catching you doing something right.

Thank you for all of them.

SassyLady
05-05-2012, 11:37 PM
Thank you for all of them.

You are welcome.

Shadow
05-05-2012, 11:37 PM
Again, endless scolding. Why not simply tell me what you need from me. That's what YOU need, not what other members need.

Because I've what I'm working through in my life, it's important for me to express myself. That's expressing myself without beating myself up over now I do it.

All you folks can do is criticise.

To use a phrase that Gunny used to. You constantly spin like a top. Maybe we need you to just relax and stop screaming.

I will also try to make an effort to point out good things in the future...so you don't feel ganged up on.

Wind Song
05-05-2012, 11:38 PM
To use a phrase that Gunny used to. You constantly spin like a top. Maybe we need you to just relax and stop screaming.

I know this is hard to fathom, but if I could, I would.

Shadow
05-05-2012, 11:41 PM
I know this is hard to fathom, but if I could, I would.

I think you can. I have had conversations with you in the past that would suggest it.

Wind Song
05-05-2012, 11:51 PM
I think you can. I have had conversations with you in the past that would suggest it.

Sometimes I can and sometimes I can't. That's what is so screwy about my "condition". Here I am with mixed qualities. At times when it's bad for me I cannot access my considerable resources. Literally, my brain function isn't working right. It's all rage all the time.

Shadow
05-05-2012, 11:56 PM
Sometimes I can and sometimes I can't. That's what is so screwy about my "condition". Here I am with mixed qualities. At times when it's bad for me I cannot access my considerable resources. Literally, my brain function isn't working right. It's all rage all the time.

Similar to my daughter...she is bipolar. Before she was put on medication, her threapist taught her little tricks to help calm her mind.

Wind Song
05-06-2012, 12:01 AM
Similar to my daughter...she is bipolar. Before she was put on medication, her threapist taught her little tricks to help calm her mind.

It must have been very hard for you to deal with your daughter's illness. Sounds like medication and "little tricks" help her.

Nobody has tried harder than I have to get past this. The most frustrating part of it is that I can't push it even when I want to. Literally, my brain and body shut down if I try and work through the trauma too quickly.

My dad was bipolar alcoholic and my mother and sister had schizophrenia.

ConHog
05-06-2012, 01:36 AM
Plenty of people sayings that, perhaps none sayj that on this forum. There is a whole movement to rewrite history and say that the US was founded on Christian principles.

Dorothy we were founded on christian principles. That undisputable. Just as it is undisputable that we were not founded as a christian theocracy. Those are two entirely different propositions

ConHog
05-06-2012, 01:47 AM
It must have been very hard for you to deal with your daughter's illness. Sounds like medication and "little tricks" help her.

Nobody has tried harder than I have to get past this. The most frustrating part of it is that I can't push it even when I want to. Literally, my brain and body shut down if I try and work through the trauma too quickly.

My dad was bipolar alcoholic and my mother and sister had schizophrenia.

Then please take the advice ive given you. On the days where all you feel is rage. Just dont post on those days you do just the oppisite. The worse your day themore you post.

Hey i get it. Youneed an outlet no biggie. But at least keep it confined to the steel cage. Resist the temptation to post in threads when youre not feeling right. Just go in the cage and startt a thread cling people names or whatever. Then when the feeling passses rejoin the rest of us.

05-07-2012, 07:54 PM
I want to read his book. Barton is a brilliant scholar. I wish I had half his ability to retain what he has not to mention half the sources he has at his availability.

But not surprising, the left is trying to libel the man. I recommend reading for yourself.

darin
05-08-2012, 05:35 AM

You get along fine with EVERYONE. Its your method of 'getting along' that is the problem.

From what I've seen you and your's are the only ones with their hands on other peoples dicks.

Stop that shit right now. You don't have the equity here to be an asshole out of the box

You ARE different than others here. Others her debate with reason and rational thought. You have never debated anyone here. That makes you different. You don't discuss, you change the topic, incite frustration, then play the victim. You're a TERRIBLE debater. I mean TERRIBLE. Worst I may have seen online...ever. I've offered to help you with that.

Dilloduck
05-08-2012, 05:45 AM

Some people object to couples of the same sex claiming that they are married. Get over it.

05-08-2012, 03:44 PM
Some people object to couples of the same sex claiming that they are married. Get over it.

Thats because they aren't married no matter how hard they try to claim any more than a cat is a dog simply because you call it one.