PDA

View Full Version : Sacha Baron Cohen set to Play Frank Zappa

Gator Monroe
05-06-2012, 01:03 AM
Wow Genius Casting & Potential !!! ( Like the McCauly Culkin as Bloodthursty Young Vlad Putin running amok in late Cold War Europe Film that was Shelved when Obama took office )

SassyLady
05-06-2012, 02:29 AM
Wow Genius Casting & Potential !!! ( Like the McCauly Culkin as Bloodthursty Young Vlad Putin running amok in late Cold War Europe Film that was Shelved when Obama took office )

Who? What?

KarlMarx
05-06-2012, 07:50 AM
I haven't posted in a while but when I saw this, well, I couldn't pass it up. Frank Zappa was the iconclastic leader of the 1960s avante-garde group, The Mothers of Invention. He wrote songs that parodied the Middle Class, hippies, the war in Vietnam... his album "We're only in it for the Money" has been recognized as one of the best musical albums of all time.

Frank Zappa also was friends with another musical pioneer, Don Van Vliet, aka "Captain Beefheart". He produced one of his albums (also considered one of the best musical albums of all times) Trout Mask Replica.

Frank Zappa was a musical pioneer, his music melded all genres of music, from classical to rock. Unlike the music that you hear on rock albums, all of the music you hear on MOI albums was composed entirely by him, there is no improvising. Many of his other albums are considered musical landmarks.

Frank Zappa passed away in 1993 at the age of 52 from prostate cancer.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frank_Zappa

Howard Roark
05-06-2012, 08:17 AM
I haven't posted in a while but when I saw this, well, I couldn't pass it up. Frank Zappa was the iconclastic leader of the 1960s avante-garde group, The Mothers of Invention. He wrote songs that parodied the Middle Class, hippies, the war in Vietnam... his album "We're only in it for the Money" has been recognized as one of the best musical albums of all time.

Frank Zappa also was friends with another musical pioneer, Don Van Vliet, aka "Captain Beefheart". He produced one of his albums (also considered one of the best musical albums of all times) Trout Mask Replica.

Frank Zappa was a musical pioneer, his music melded all genres of music, from classical to rock. Unlike the music that you hear on rock albums, all of the music you hear on MOI albums was composed entirely by him, there is no improvising. Many of his other albums are considered musical landmarks.

Frank Zappa passed away in 1993 at the age of 52 from prostate cancer.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frank_Zappa

Still don't know what this thread is about, but if you get the chance, DEFINITELY go see 'Zappa Plays Zappa'.

Great show.

I saw Frank in '76, 5th row. Sat there in amazement.

KarlMarx
05-06-2012, 09:28 AM
Still don't know what this thread is about, but if you get the chance, DEFINITELY go see 'Zappa Plays Zappa'.

Great show.

I saw Frank in '76, 5th row. Sat there in amazement.

Zappa was one of those people that comes only once in a lifetime. Calling him a genius would be stating the obvious.

The thing that impresses me about him was that back during the Summer of Love he called the hippies a bunch of phonies and pretty much had the Left pegged for what it was... a bunch of conformists disguised as non-conformists... his words from "We're only in it for the money" are still relevant today. Of course, he was pretty harsh on the Right and Middle Class America too.

Wind Song
05-06-2012, 10:42 AM
I LOVE Frank Zappa. When I was a teenager, I got fired from my factory job at Continental Confections for putting up a ZAPPA CRAPPA poster in the women's room.