PDA

View Full Version : What You Should Know About VFSA

libertine
05-06-2012, 10:30 AM
A secretive right-wing group, Veterans For A Strong America, is attempting to do to President Obama what the Swift Boat Veterans for Truth did to Sen. John Kerry. And they aren’t shy about it. The group’s leader and sole employee, Joel Arends, told Mother Jones, “Yes, it’s the swift boating of the president.”

Here’s what we do know about Arends and Veterans For A Strong America:

1. In four days, the first ad by Veterans For A Strong America garnered almost 1 million view on Youtube. It has also been played frequently on TV News. [YouTube, 5/1/12]

2. Veterans For A Strong America is seeking to recruit Navy SEALS to attack Obama. “In the wake of a warm conservative reception for a web video trashing the president for ‘spiking the football’ on the anniversary of Osama Bin Laden’s death, the conservative group Veterans for a Strong America plans to gather Navy SEALs and Special Forces operators to criticize the White House during the 2012 campaign.” [BuzzFeed, 5/3/12]

3. Arends also tried to Swift Boat Obama in 2008. Arends, under the auspices of a similar group called “Vets for Freedom,” ran an ad accusing Obama of refusing to meet with wounded soldiers from Illinois. [NPR, 7/5/08]

The rest:
http://thinkprogress.org/security/2012/05/06/478820/obama-swift-boat-veterans-for-a-strong-america/

jimnyc
05-06-2012, 10:34 AM
I wouldn't call one employee who is also the leader to be much of a "group". As for any Veterans or Seals, I would have to hear what each "individual" states in order to determine if it's on point and necessary.

Oh, and considering thinkprogress is reporting and you're posting about it, I don't think it's too awfully "secretive".

Howard Roark
05-06-2012, 10:47 AM
I wouldn't call one employee who is also the leader to be much of a "group". As for any Veterans or Seals, I would have to hear what each "individual" states in order to determine if it's on point and necessary.

I would tend to agree, but I'm pretty sure we won't be hearing any sort of general concensus in these ads.

Whereas the more intelligent voters would demand what you reference, we all know that campaign ads of any type don't target the informed.

Quite the contrary

libertine
05-06-2012, 10:51 AM
Here's their ad:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JsrSAqRrCc0

jimnyc
05-06-2012, 10:53 AM
I don't care for the ad, as this as well brings the military as a group into the ad and uses them for political reasons. So they're both guilty on that front. But the idea behind the ad, that Obama, our sitting President, made a statement a year ago, and has now reversed course for political gain, is spot on.

Nukeman
05-06-2012, 10:54 AM
I would tend to agree, but I'm pretty sure we won't be hearing any sort of general concensus in these ads.

Whereas the more intelligent voters would demand what you reference, we all know that campaign ads of any type don't target the informed.

Quite the contrary
I have to agree with you 100%, anyone who gets their information on a candidate by the campaign ad's is a moron and shouldn't be allowed to cast a vote. If you aren't going to take the time to understand your candidate then please stay home and let people make INFORMED choices!!!!

darin
05-07-2012, 04:42 AM
I have to agree with you 100%, anyone who gets their information on a candidate by the campaign ad's is a moron and shouldn't be allowed to cast a vote. If you aren't going to take the time to understand your candidate then please stay home and let people make INFORMED choices!!!!

Here's ALL his BASE is concerned about; here's their 'informed' status.

"Democrats promise me free shit"

:(

I take notice, however, at the biased and leading OP. "Secretive"!! OOH!! SECRETIVE!!! OMG!! VfaSA is to secretive as jim is to eagles' fan.