PDA

View Full Version : LOL: Ted Nugent Says He's a 'Moderate'

libertine
05-07-2012, 10:30 AM
"I think in an honest and sincere analysis of what Ted Nugent is, I think once you take away the battle fatigues of my rock and roll insanity -- I like to use this analogy: I'm a welder. When I work, sparks are flying and there's soot, but you know what? When I'm done welding, I take off the regalia. I shower, and I'm a pretty nice guy to hang around with. You know what I am after the welding? I'm a moderate. I'm an extremely loving and passionate man, and people who investigate me honestly, without the baggage of political correctness, ascertain the conclusion that I'm a damned nice guy. ... And if you can find a screening process more powerful than that, I'll [expletive] your [expletive], or [expletive] you. How's that sound?"

Here's the rest:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/05/06/ted-nugent-cbs-interview_n_1492213.html

jimnyc
05-07-2012, 10:32 AM
Nugent rocks! I love when he walks on stage at his concerts with an AK-47!! :laugh:

libertine
05-07-2012, 10:39 AM
Nugent rocks! I love when he walks on stage at his concerts with an AK-47!! :laugh:

Yeah! He's fuckin' COOL with that big gun of his. It proves he's a fuckin' bad-ass MAN, even though he shit his pants to avoid 'Nam. That fuckin' rocks! :laugh2:

darin
05-07-2012, 10:39 AM
Ted is absolutely a moderate. That's moderate. People don't want to accept that because it paints their self-described liberalism into the corner of 'extremists'.

jimnyc
05-07-2012, 10:43 AM
Yeah! He's fuckin' COOL with that big gun of his. It proves he's a fuckin' bad-ass MAN, even though he shit his pants to avoid 'Nam. That fuckin' rocks! :laugh2:

Not sure I really give a shit about any of that. I like Nugent for his music and for his like of guns. He's an entertainer. If you don't like his brand of entertainment, tune him out. Only ninnies tune him in and then complain over what they hear.

libertine
05-07-2012, 10:47 AM
Ted is absolutely a moderate. That's moderate. People don't want to accept that because it paints their self-described liberalism into the corner of 'extremists'.

No he isn't. He's a right-wing bigoted gun nut. Nothing 'moderate' about him. His self-assessment as one for CBS is PR damage control after his rant about chopping off heads.

Because the Right has been hijacked by the tea party and Christians, what is the center now leans rightwards, glaringly evidenced by the notions that a fair wages and affordable health care and education are seen as 'leftist' causes.

libertine
05-07-2012, 10:49 AM
Not sure I really give a shit about any of that. I like Nugent for his music and for his like of guns. He's an entertainer. If you don't like his brand of entertainment, tune him out. Only ninnies tune him in and then complain over what they hear.

Who's complaining? Everyone (except his fans) is laughing at him. He's a terrific poster child for the Right. I hope he never shuts his yap. :laugh:

jimnyc
05-07-2012, 10:55 AM
Who's complaining? Everyone (except his fans) is laughing at him. He's a terrific poster child for the Right. I hope he never shuts his yap. :laugh:

Not really, I'm betting millions and millions of people who aren't his fans, and don't give a shit about an entertainers thoughts, aren't complaining either. In fact, I'd bet the ONLY people laughing are those that wouldn't have been swayed by his opinions to begin with.

It's like ASSUMING that I would be continually laughing at Barbara Streisand, or swayed by her liberal opinions. Or Bon Jovi. Or Madonna.

darin
05-07-2012, 10:59 AM
No he isn't. He's a right-wing bigoted gun nut. Nothing 'moderate' about him. His self-assessment as one for CBS is PR damage control after his rant about chopping off heads.

Because the Right has been hijacked by the tea party and Christians, what is the center now leans rightwards, glaringly evidenced by the notions that a fair wages and affordable health care and education are seen as 'leftist' causes.

How do you define liberal, moderate, or conservative? I suspect you make up definitions to suit your point of view.

The Tea Party as RIGHT wing? The Tea Party is the MOST centrist organization I can think of. They don't want to prescribe ANY behavior to our country - except "Stop stealing our money and calling it 'tax'" (shrug)

"Fair" wages = creates higher costs of goods and services, such as health care and education = The most-successful in our country pay for the least-successful = left wing.

"Affordable" health care = The most-successful in our country pay for the least-successful = NOT fair to those doing the paying.

"Affordable" education = The most-successful in our country pay for the least-successful = NOT fair to those doing the paying.

libertine
05-07-2012, 11:00 AM
Not really, I'm betting millions and millions of people who aren't his fans, and don't give a shit about an entertainers thoughts, aren't complaining either. In fact, I'd bet the ONLY people laughing are those that wouldn't have been swayed by his opinions to begin with.

It's like ASSUMING that I would be continually laughing at Barbara Streisand, or swayed by her liberal opinions. Or Bon Jovi. Or Madonna.

Hardly. Nugent only makes the news when he opens his yap and sucks in a foot. He's a spectacle, and a damn funny one, given that he's out there for the Republicans and Romney was "delighted" to have his endorsement. Streisand, Bon Jovi, etc. don't have to make asses of themselves to get attention, politically or otherwise.

DragonStryk72
05-07-2012, 11:03 AM
Here's the rest:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/05/06/ted-nugent-cbs-interview_n_1492213.html

lol he's moderately high!

jimnyc
05-07-2012, 11:04 AM
Hardly. Nugent only makes the news when he opens his yap and sucks in a foot. He's a spectacle, and a damn funny one, given that he's out there for the Republicans and Romney was "delighted" to have his endorsement. Streisand, Bon Jovi, etc. don't have to make asses of themselves to get attention, politically or otherwise.

And yet they do, and quite often. But I doubt their asinine statements or activities "sway" anyone's political opinion, and the same goes for Nugent. And I've seen ALL of them on the news equally. They all do the same crap, but you only get upset and/or point out the one who makes a statement you disagree with.

DragonStryk72
05-07-2012, 11:06 AM
Don't get me wrong, Nugent is cool and all, I mean shit, fuck the guns, the man hunts with a bow and arrow. He's still not a moderate, though.

Missileman
05-07-2012, 11:20 AM

Because the Right has been hijacked by the tea party and Christians, what is the center now leans rightwards, glaringly evidenced by the notions that a fair wages (for doing nothing) and (government controlled) health care and (the proliferation of teacher's unions with no regard for the actual education of U.S. children) are seen as 'leftist' causes.

Fixed that for ya, and have to ask...why are you calling them "the Right" if they were center?

libertine
05-07-2012, 11:23 AM
And yet they do, and quite often. But I doubt their asinine statements or activities "sway" anyone's political opinion, and the same goes for Nugent. And I've seen ALL of them on the news equally. They all do the same crap, but you only get upset and/or point out the one who makes a statement you disagree with.

Really? I'm 'upset'? And I only point out stupid things done by the Right? I have a whopping 50 or so posts here, yet you already know what motivates my posting.

You know what they say about ASSumptions.... :dance:

darin
05-07-2012, 11:28 AM
Really? I'm 'upset'? And I only point out stupid things done by the Right? I have a whopping 50 or so posts here, yet you already know what motivates my posting.

You are what you post.

jimnyc
05-07-2012, 11:30 AM

Yeah, you're right, my bad. I suppose I missed any posts where you stated similar about entertainers who espouse lefty views. At any rate, members can only go by what you post, whether 50 posts or 50 thousand. And while I MAY be an ass, I'm a betting man, and I'm willing to bet, based on your 50 posts thus far, that you aren't the type to call out the lefty blowhards on stage who speak crap and/or lies. But I'll gladly retract my statements when you do. You can start with the LONG list of lefties who vowed to leave the country in the past 15 years, and not a single one did. So they espouse ridiculous views AND lie. But I suppose that's for another thread, and I'll wait with baited breath for you to start it and comment...

libertine
05-07-2012, 11:33 AM
Yeah, you're right, my bad. I suppose I missed any posts where you stated similar about entertainers who espouse lefty views. At any rate, members can only go by what you post, whether 50 posts or 50 thousand. And while I MAY be an ass, I'm a betting man, and I'm willing to bet, based on your 50 posts thus far, that you aren't the type to call out the lefty blowhards on stage who speak crap and/or lies. But I'll gladly retract my statements when you do. You can start with the LONG list of lefties who vowed to leave the country in the past 15 years, and not a single one did. So they espouse ridiculous views AND lie. But I suppose that's for another thread, and I'll wait with baited breath for you to start it and comment...

That's nice. Too bad I'm not here to prove anything to those who make erroneous ASSumptions so I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you.

Betcha think I'm an Obama fan, too, right? You lose.:cool:

jimnyc
05-07-2012, 12:01 PM
That's nice. Too bad I'm not here to prove anything to those who make erroneous ASSumptions so I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you.

Betcha think I'm an Obama fan, too, right? You lose.:cool:

Never said a word about Obama, but likely will in those threads. In THIS one, you DID make comments about an ENTERTAINER, who YOU think is far right. My comments about the far left is a legit comparison. And thus far, it's a fact that you have pointed out the right and not the left. But feel free to prove me wrong in this thread and further comments about the MANY on the left who are in similar positions as Nugent and make similar outlandish comments as Nugent, although with an opposing stance.

libertine
05-07-2012, 12:12 PM
Never said a word about Obama, but likely will in those threads. In THIS one, you DID make comments about an ENTERTAINER, who YOU think is far right. My comments about the far left is a legit comparison. And thus far, it's a fact that you have pointed out the right and not the left. But feel free to prove me wrong in this thread and further comments about the MANY on the left who are in similar positions as Nugent and make similar outlandish comments as Nugent, although with an opposing stance.

Why would you want me to do that?

Either you want an exchange of diverse points of view here or you don't.

Your active membership is already predominantly right-leaning. My input here will be a counter to that yet in no way overshadow the obvious majority.

Which would you prefer? Shall I echo the existing echo-chamber here? Or do you have the stones to have your ideas judged and/or challenged?

darin
05-07-2012, 12:14 PM

Your active membership is already predominantly right-leaning. My input here will be a counter to that yet in no way overshadow the obvious majority.

Which would you prefer? Shall I echo the existing echo-chamber here? Or do you have the stones to have your ideas judged and/or challenged?

You're not even dry behind the ears and already pushing for an e-penis measuring contest? WHY so defensive/aggressive?

RELAX.

libertine
05-07-2012, 12:20 PM
You're not even dry behind the ears and already pushing for an e-penis measuring contest? WHY so defensive/aggressive?

RELAX.

You really ought to brush up on your comprehension skills. I'm neither defensive nor aggressive. Jimnyc seems to believe I should give equal time to lefty idiot entertainers, as though there aren't enough here who might already do that.

Chill out, dmp. I'm just getting warmed up.

jimnyc
05-07-2012, 12:28 PM

Silly me, I would have thought an exchange of diverse points would be discussing both. You made a point, I followed, and then I pointed out that Nugent isn't alone. I have no issue at all with opposing views or having mine challenged. But isn't that what I am doing to you in return, challenging your POV on what an entertainer stated?

Or are you stating this thread should be solely for Nugent? If so, all I can say is that I love his music and his stance on guns. Other than that, I really don't give a crap about the rest of his political beliefs.

libertine
05-07-2012, 12:32 PM
Silly me, I would have thought an exchange of diverse points would be discussing both. You made a point, I followed, and then I pointed out that Nugent isn't alone. I have no issue at all with opposing views or having mine challenged. But isn't that what I am doing to you in return, challenging your POV on what an entertainer stated?

Or are you stating this thread should be solely for Nugent? If so, all I can say is that I love his music and his stance on guns. Other than that, I really don't give a crap about the rest of his political beliefs.

Awesome! I made this thread to mock Nugent for calling himself a 'moderate', as well as any and all the rest of his asinine stupidity he puts on display in desperate attempts to get attention for himself, and it is open to the free exchange of differing view re: Nugent or any other entertainer. Glad we're on the same page, Jim.

jimnyc
05-07-2012, 12:36 PM
Awesome! I made this thread to mock Nugent for calling himself a 'moderate', as well as any and all the rest of his asinine stupidity he puts on display in desperate attempts to get attention for himself, and it is open to the free exchange of differing view re: Nugent or any other entertainer. Glad we're on the same page, Jim.

Ok then, I'll stick with Nugent if you like... Keep in mind, everyone debates differently...

Again, I love Nugent's music. I love his stance on guns AND how he approaches that stance.

With that said, IF he was a politician, I wouldn't consider him a moderate. But I don't personally consider him anything on the political level, but that's just me.

Thunderknuckles
05-07-2012, 12:36 PM
I would say Nugent is solidly right of center from everything I have heard him say.

To libertine:
I have been here a little while and one thing I have heard come up on a few occasions is how this board needs more liberal posters. The only problem is, when they show up they tend to get chased off.

darin
05-07-2012, 12:40 PM
You really ought to brush up on your comprehension skills. I'm neither defensive nor aggressive. Jimnyc seems to believe I should give equal time to lefty idiot entertainers, as though there aren't enough here who might already do that.

Chill out, dmp. I'm just getting warmed up.

So - look at yourself. You just posted a dick-measuring-type reply to me accusing you of being a bit of a twit/chip-on-shoulder type. Do you SEE yourself, ever?

I would say Nugent is solidly right of center from everything I have heard him say.

To libertine:
I have been here a little while and one thing I have heard come up on a few occasions is how this board needs more liberal posters. The only problem is, when they show up they tend to get chased off.

I re-learned 'conservative' living in Southern Alabama ;)

Some libs get chased off - when they get stupid/angry/whatever...vs. those who are intelligent, reasonable, etc. :)

libertine
05-07-2012, 12:42 PM
Ok then, I'll stick with Nugent if you like... Keep in mind, everyone debates differently...

Again, I love Nugent's music. I love his stance on guns AND how he approaches that stance.

With that said, IF he was a politician, I wouldn't consider him a moderate. But I don't personally consider him anything on the political level, but that's just me.

Okay, I'll confess. I loved his old stuff when I was in junior high and high school. 'Hey Baby' - I never got tired of that song. And the whole 'Cat Scratch Fever' album - I played the shit out of that in tenth grade.

I was so disappointed when I learned that he's a complete asshole. :(

libertine
05-07-2012, 12:43 PM

To libertine:

That's a common theme. Status quo doesn't like to be fucked with, judged or challenged. I can usually coexist with them just fine, as long as they're not moderators who misuse their 'power' and authority. And I love my scroll bar and, when necessary, my 'ignore' button. :cool:

jimnyc
05-07-2012, 12:45 PM
Okay, I'll confess. I loved his old stuff when I was in junior high and high school. 'Hey Baby' - I never got tired of that song. And the whole 'Cat Scratch Fever' album - I played the shit out of that in tenth grade.

I was so disappointed when I learned that he's a complete asshole. :(

I was a HUGE fan of Bon Jovi starting in the mid-80's. I didn't learn how far left he leaned until he started hosting Democratic parties to raise money. I still like his music though!

Abbey Marie
05-07-2012, 12:46 PM
That's a common theme. Status quo doesn't like to be fucked with, judged or challenged. I can usually coexist with them just fine, as long as they're not moderators who misuse their 'power' and authority. And I love my scroll bar and, when necessary, my 'ignore' button. :cool:

Rarest...skills...ever...

jimnyc
05-07-2012, 12:47 PM

No one here will be running you off, or others on the left, or even trying. Admittedly, the left being the minority here, will be questioned more when they post, and challenged more, and get more responses. Logically it makes sense. If it were more left, the right would feel like the left were aggressive and/or trying to run them off.

Bottom line, we're just passionate about politics here and at times things get "shitty". But we welcome opposing views - and MORE welcome opposing views from members who will also drop down below and post in regular forums too, and want to be a part of the community.

Trigg
05-07-2012, 12:48 PM

To libertine:

I don't think they get chased off. They do tend to show up and instead of poking around and getting to know people, they start insulting everyone and name calling.

it makes it hard to appreciate different views and find common ground if they come in guns blasing.

libertine
05-07-2012, 12:49 PM
I was a HUGE fan of Bon Jovi starting in the mid-80's. I didn't learn how far left he leaned until he started hosting Democratic parties to raise money. I still like his music though!

Seriouisly - I hated all that hair-band shit. Bon Jovi was bubble-gum rock and I hated it. However, he should've stuck with acting because he's pretty good. I didn't know he leaned left - wow, his stock just went up with me...

Hey - you know who leans really left? I mean like, 'anti-war-rallies-standing-at-the-podium-ranting-and-handing-out pamphlets' left? Viggo Mortenson. No mincing words from that guy during Bush's tenure.

libertine
05-07-2012, 12:50 PM
No one here will be running you off, or others on the left, or even trying. Admittedly, the left being the minority here, will be questioned more when they post, and challenged more, and get more responses. Logically it makes sense. If it were more left, the right would feel like the left were aggressive and/or trying to run them off.

Bottom line, we're just passionate about politics here and at times things get "shitty". But we welcome opposing views - and MORE welcome opposing views from members who will also drop down below and post in regular forums too, and want to be a part of the community.

Glad to hear it. Seems more than fair to me. :beer:

jimnyc
05-07-2012, 12:51 PM
To libertine:

Many have stated their desire for opposing views, as no political board can be successful without all POV's. But there is no concerted effort to chase ANYONE off. We WANT those we don't agree with here, but we also WANT to speak our minds, and they are free to do the same.

jimnyc
05-07-2012, 12:52 PM
Seriouisly - I hated all that hair-band shit. Bon Jovi was bubble-gum rock and I hated it. However, he should've stuck with acting because he's pretty good. I didn't know he leaned left - wow, his stock just went up with me...

Hey - you know who leans really left? I mean like, 'anti-war-rallies-standing-at-the-podium-ranting-and-handing-out pamphlets' left? Viggo Mortenson. No mincing words from that guy during Bush's tenure.

Really, never knew that, and he is one of my all time favorite actors!! Eastern Promises and A History of Violence <--- EASILY 2 of my all time favorite flicks!

Abbey Marie
05-07-2012, 12:54 PM
Really, never knew that, and he is one of my all time favorite actors!! Eastern Promises and A History of Violence <--- EASILY 2 of my all time favorite flicks!

How can you mention Viggo and favorites and not mention Aragorn?! :eek:

libertine
05-07-2012, 12:54 PM

And 'Crimson Tide'. Excellent flick.

libertine
05-07-2012, 12:56 PM
Gotta go take care of some business...I'll be back...

Nice place here, guys. :clap:

jimnyc
05-07-2012, 12:59 PM

Cause I haven't seen that? Worth watching I suppose?

And 'Crimson Tide'. Excellent flick.

I immediately think Gene Hackman and Denzel. Didn't even know Viggo was in that! LOL

Abbey Marie
05-07-2012, 01:02 PM
Cause I haven't seen that? Worth watching I suppose?

Jim, you haven't seen LOTR? Well, color me shocked!

libertine
05-07-2012, 01:32 PM

And you do know he was married to Exene Cervenka, right? I logged back in just to tell you that. :laugh:

ConHog
05-07-2012, 01:45 PM

Excuse me, I'm a Christian and I think every person on this board would say that I'm pretty moderate in my views. They may not like all of my opinions, but I am pretty moderate.

I bet it pisses you off that Jesus loves you.

ConHog
05-07-2012, 01:47 PM

History of Violence was HORRIBLE. Just an awful movie.

Oh and as a bonus my wife and I were watching it with my parents and my in laws when suddenly out of the blue Viggo starts eating his wife's pussy . yeah........

jimnyc
05-07-2012, 02:20 PM
Jim, you haven't seen LOTR? Well, color me shocked!

Ooops, my bad, of course I saw the series! I guess you just caught me by surprise with the name. I don't recall all the names in the series, even if he was one of the favorites!

jimnyc
05-07-2012, 02:22 PM
And you do know he was married to Exene Cervenka, right? I logged back in just to tell you that. :laugh:

Nope, didn't know that. And I never even heard of her until your post, so I looked her up thinking he married a supermodel or better. Yuk, she's beastly!

Abbey Marie
05-07-2012, 02:23 PM
Ooops, my bad, of course I saw the series! I guess you just caught me by surprise with the name. I don't recall all the names in the series, even if he was one of the favorites!

It's easy to forget character names from movies. I had read the series about 20 times in my youth, so its practically impossible for me to forget.

jimnyc
05-07-2012, 02:25 PM
It's easy to forget character names from movies. I had read the series about 20 times in my youth, so its practically impossible for me to forget.

I was behind on the series though as I'm usually not a fan of those types of flicks. But about 2 years ago my neighbor bragged about the series and loaned me the DVD set. I was glad I gave it a chance!

Thunderknuckles
05-07-2012, 02:48 PM
The man is also a genius when it comes to taking advantage of taxpayer funded farm subsidies.
Drop a little bee farm on your 15 acre estate and BAM! - you only have to pay $100 in property taxes. Nice.

Just don't open up a Swiss bank account or drop some cash down in the Cayman Islands. The Democrats don't take too kindly to those types of shenanigans.

jimnyc
05-07-2012, 03:00 PM
The man is also a genius when it comes to taking advantage of taxpayer funded farm subsidies.
Drop a little bee farm on your 15 acre estate and BAM! - you only have to pay $100 in property taxes. Nice.

Just don't open up a Swiss bank account or drop some cash down in the Cayman Islands. The Democrats don't take too kindly to those types of shenanigans.

Did he do this? I hope he doesn't fall further down my ladder. I'll hold it against him and not the band though!

They were my idols at one point! Jon grew up in a town about 5 miles south of me, and the drummer, Tico Torres lived on my street. His father used to hand out free tickets to all the kids in the neighborhood. I have all the albums till current, but was more fond of their original music.

Thunderknuckles
05-07-2012, 03:15 PM
Did he do this? I hope he doesn't fall further down my ladder. I'll hold it against him and not the band though!.
Well, I don't think he is the genius behind it all. He's from Jersey after all:p
Probably one of his accountants and lawyers clued him in.
I can't blame him. If I could drop some bees in my back yard and get a farm subsidy, I'd do it too :)

SassyLady
05-07-2012, 06:58 PM

Hildago!

Thunderknuckles
05-08-2012, 10:15 AM
Hildago!
Amish farmer #16 in Witness

libertine
05-08-2012, 10:17 AM

Yep - forgot about that.

ConHog
05-08-2012, 11:11 AM
Hildago!

Dumbest movie EVER!. Hello my horse just took 8 punji sticks to the heart, but he's TOUGH!!

Abbey Marie
05-08-2012, 11:23 AM

Was he the one with the straw hat named Abner? J/K :laugh2:

Gator Monroe
05-08-2012, 12:09 PM
As a Conservative Nationalist Republican I can honestly say he is Middle Right .

SassyLady
05-08-2012, 01:45 PM
Dumbest movie EVER!. Hello my horse just took 8 punji sticks to the heart, but he's TOUGH!!
Who said it was based on reality? Beautiful scenery, beautiful horses, great special effcts, and of course the man himself, Viggo.

Gator Monroe
05-08-2012, 02:06 PM
He married a 19 year old in his 40s (Or was she 18 ish?) and he may be for Civil Unions (Gay Marrage) and on the fence with Choice ? and he has been a dues paying Member of at least 2 Unions and he has been friendly with Left Leaning Industry & Hollywood types and he is not a Fundy or Southern Baptist.