PDA

View Full Version : What?!!

Abbey Marie
05-07-2012, 05:11 PM
Wonder if anyone will ever say where the dead babies came from.

South Korea has seized thousands of smuggled drug capsules filled with powdered flesh from dead babies, which some people believe can cure disease, officials said Monday.The capsules were made in northeastern China from babies whose bodies were chopped into small pieces and dried on stoves before being turned into powder, the Korea Customs Service said.
Customs officials refused to say where the dead babies came from or who made the capsules, citing possible diplomatic friction with Beijing. Chinese officials ordered an investigation into the production of drugs made from dead fetuses or newborns last year.
The customs office has discovered 35 smuggling attempts since August of about 17,450 capsules disguised as stamina boosters, and some people believe them to be a panacea for disease, the customs service said in a statement. The capsules of human flesh, however, contained bacteria and other harmful ingredients.
The smugglers told customs officials they believed the capsules were ordinary stamina boosters and did not know the ingredients or manufacturing process.
Ethnic Koreans from northeastern China who now live in South Korea were intending to use the capsules themselves or share them with other Korean-Chinese, a customs official said. They were carried in luggage or sent by international mail.

http://news.yahoo.com/skorea-finds-smuggled-capsules-contain-human-flesh-090309147.html

logroller
05-07-2012, 05:31 PM
...this is a 'there are no words' worthy story.

jimnyc
05-07-2012, 05:34 PM
Man, imagine if something like this reached the US as a supplement, or one of those fly by night things at the registers in convenience stores - and then you find out the hidden ingredient after the fact? Wow. I thought eating dogs and cats went too far...

revelarts
05-07-2012, 05:41 PM
Horrific,
better double check and save the source though.
A year from now someone will say this kinda thing never happens, it's an anti Chinese myth.

Thunderknuckles
05-07-2012, 06:07 PM
If those dead babies were kidnapped and killed for this purpose, it is an unspeakable atrocity.
If the capsules were derived from aborted fetuses then I guess it's kudos to them and their entrepreneurial spirit for making a product out of otherwise waste material. Right?

:puke:

Mr. P
05-07-2012, 07:35 PM
Not to make light of this atrocity but... If I shopped for or used "stamina boosters" I think I'd stay outta Walmart. Just sayin

Abbey Marie
05-07-2012, 07:35 PM
No, I don't believe there are any kudos warranted here, regardless of the sourcing.

05-07-2012, 07:45 PM
Ive never wanted to vomit from reading a news story until now.