PDA

View Full Version : Sarah's Key

darin
05-07-2012, 08:30 PM
HOLYSHITBALLS.

That's my analysis.

The movie takes place in two era - the first when the French bow to the Nazi's and start rounding up the Jews for concentration camps. A young family is torn apart - as the French police strike against the un-armed population, a young girl, Sarah, instinctively hides her little brother, Michel, in a hidden closet. The French Government takes the girl and her mother and father away. The whole time the girl is terribly frightened about her locked-up-little-brother. She struggles to escape the government and to get back to Paris to free Michel. The movie goes on to detail her life after the war. The second era takes place in modern Paris; an American-born reporter and her husband inherit the husband's family apartment. Through a little research the reporter learns it once belonged to Sara's family. As the woman struggles to piece-together the details of Sarah's life she discovers a lot about herself.

The acting was great - the writing was fantastic (sub-titled for most of the movie; adds to credibility and feeling of involvement).

I will say the story a tragedy. But...it's the most-beautiful and painful movie I can remember.

Now - for the dirty old man in me....another plus: this actress:

logroller
05-07-2012, 08:37 PM
Oohlala.
Voulez-vous coucher avec moi ce soir?