PDA

View Full Version : Carville: Wake up Democrats; you could lose

Shadow
05-08-2012, 08:26 PM
(CNN) -- A long time ago a great three-time governor of Louisiana, Earl Long, said about Jimmie Davis, the two-time not very good governor of Louisiana, "You couldn't wake up Jimmie Davis with an earthquake."

As I go around the country and see various Democrats and talk to them on the phone, honestly I'm beginning to think that we have become the party of Jimmie Davis.

My message is simple: WTFU. Translated -- wake the you-know-what up, there is an earthquake.

You think that Democrats around the country are going to win -- as I hear time and time again from people on the street.

Democratic fundraisers, activists, supporters, and even politicians alike have somehow collectively lapsed into the sentiment that the president is going to be reelected and that we have a good shot to take the House back while holding the Senate.

I ask: What are you smoking? What are you drinking? What are you snorting or just what in the hell are you thinking?

Look around the world -- do you see any governments or incumbents winning any elections out there? Did it happen in small elections in Germany or Britain, big elections in France and Greece or how about huge elections in the United States in 2008 and 2010? Please folks -- wake up!

The polling? Not that encouraging. The latest Democracy Corps poll was 47-47. The Real Clear Politics average of polls has the president up a whopping three-tenths of a percentage point. And I am hearing the garbage that Democratic donors are telling Democratic fundraisers ..."Obama has it in the bag."

Newsflash: Nothing is in the bag. Nothing can be taken for granted. Everybody from the precinct door-knocker, to the Chicago high command, to the White House, to the halls of Congress, to the Senate and House committees, to congressional leadership, here is a simple message: If we don't get on the offense, reconnect with the American people, talk about how the middle class is in a struggle for its very existence, hold the Republicans accountable and fight like the dickens, we are going to lose.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/05/08/opinion/carville-democrats-could-lose/index.html?hpt=hp_bn5

PostmodernProphet
05-08-2012, 08:35 PM
hush your mouth, Jimmy.....

Kathianne
05-08-2012, 09:20 PM
Walking the line between calm and Armageddon.

Shadow
05-08-2012, 09:30 PM
Walking the line between calm and Armageddon.

I was going to say he reads like his head is about to explode. But...then... that's how he always comes across so...

logroller
05-08-2012, 10:15 PM
Crazy talk; the dems got a lock. So certain is they're victory, I tell them not to bother even voting.

Abbey Marie
05-08-2012, 10:36 PM
http://static.rcgroups.net/forums/attachments/4/8/4/8/9/a3017582-63-gollum-james-carville-.jpg?d=1264487128

revelarts
05-08-2012, 10:49 PM
A lot of republican and democrats are going to stay home.

Abbey Marie
05-08-2012, 10:53 PM
(CNN) --
Fixed that for him:

Newsflash: Nothing is in the bag. Nothing can be taken for granted. Everybody from the precinct voter roundup person, to the person who hands out cigarettes for votes, to the voting machine 'fixers", to the fictitious voters, to the illegal contributors, to radical clergy, to unemployed protestors...

Shadow
05-08-2012, 11:19 PM
^^ to the thugs with bats that guard the polling places.

Gator Monroe
05-09-2012, 12:45 AM
IT WILL BE 2010 x 10

05-09-2012, 01:31 AM
A lot of republican and democrats are going to stay home.

Anyone staying home is a fool.

Gator Monroe
05-09-2012, 01:13 PM
Ditto !

Thunderknuckles
05-09-2012, 02:23 PM
I'm not a fan Carville's politics but I love his persona.

revelarts
05-11-2012, 08:05 AM
Anyone staying home is a fool.

And the big differences in Obama and Romney are?

fj1200
05-11-2012, 07:37 PM
And the big differences in Obama and Romney are?

Supreme Court justices.

differentDemocrat
05-12-2012, 11:15 PM
this upcoming election will have one of the lowest voter turn outs of all time.

...Obama wins though. He can still get most of his base to show up.
Romeny can't. The Evangelicals will not vote for a Mormon who has said on many occasions all through out adulthood that he supports gays in the boy scouts, gay marriage, and abortion. Plus, the Paulbot's would never vote for Romney. The best chance the repubs have is next cycle with either Rubio or Paul Jr... other than that it is a dying party that will have to rely on midterm elections (as they always have) to get people in Congress

Kathianne
05-12-2012, 11:21 PM
A word to the wise Democrats, beware of media cocooning:

http://www.mrc.org/node/4932

PostmodernProphet
05-13-2012, 07:40 AM

dude.....MOST of the Democratic base has never shown up for an election.....that's why they distinguish on polls between registered voters and likely voters.......

Shadow
05-13-2012, 08:05 AM
this upcoming election will have one of the lowest voter turn outs of all time.

Romeny can't. The Evangelicals will not vote for a Mormon who has said on many occasions all through out adulthood that he supports gays in the boy scouts, gay marriage, and abortion. Plus, the Paulbot's would never vote for Romney. The best chance the repubs have is next cycle with either Rubio or Paul Jr... other than that it is a dying party that will have to rely on midterm elections (as they always have) to get people in Congress

Maybe for the liberals. I think for the conservatives that came about last election. Not many could muster up excitement or support for John McCain (they couldn't stand him)...and even then... he did better than I thought he would (but that was more because of excitement around Sarah Palin at the time).

I think the conservatives will def turn out this time around.

revelarts
05-13-2012, 09:43 AM
Supreme Court justices.

So he'll pick justices that will only abuse the constitution 30% of the time instead of 60% of the time.
Boy we better get to the polls and Back this guy.

Slow boat to H3LL or fast boat. both are taking us in the same direction and are not interested iin turning the ship around.
Redecorating the chairs on the titanic.

jimnyc
05-13-2012, 10:29 AM
Slow boat to H3LL or fast boat. both are taking us in the same direction and are not interested iin turning the ship around.

Still predicting impending doom since Ron Paul ain't going nowhere? :lol:

Even if pigs flew and he got in, congress still wouldn't band together for the pipe dreams he smokes.

fj1200
05-13-2012, 12:32 PM
So he'll pick justices that will only abuse the constitution 30% of the time instead of 60% of the time.
Boy we better get to the polls and Back this guy.

You asked for a difference I gave you a difference.

Abbey Marie
05-13-2012, 12:40 PM
Maybe for the liberals. I think for the conservatives that came about last election. Not many could muster up excitement or support for John McCain (they couldn't stand him)...and even then... he did better than I thought he would (but that was more because of excitement around Sarah Palin at the time).

I think the conservatives will def turn out this time around.

Yup. There is absolutely no comparison between the way I felt about McCain,and the way I feel about Romney. And most of my Conservative friends feel the same.