PDA

View Full Version : California marriage

MtnBiker
05-09-2012, 05:18 PM
One requirement to marry in the State of California is a valid government issued i.d. . Should Eric Holder sue the State of California for discrimination against poor and minorities in their ability to overcome such a burdensome requirement?

Howard Roark
05-09-2012, 05:46 PM
Only if they make you get different i.d card that can only be used for marriage.

jimnyc
05-09-2012, 05:54 PM
Only if they make you get different i.d card that can only be used for marriage.

What if they required the same ID to do so that is required of dozens of other places, like getting beer or hopping on an airplane? I still can't understand why there are so many places where valid ID is required, but Democrats want to fight this requirement at the voting booth. One guy posted a video last month where a guy walked into the voting area and claimed he was Eric Holder - and they were going to let him vote. Even worse, the "dummy" even claimed to have forgotten his ID and they told him don't worry about it, not necessary.

Thunderknuckles
05-09-2012, 05:58 PM
One requirement to marry in the State of California is a valid government issued i.d. . Should Eric Holder sue the State of California for discrimination against poor and minorities in their ability to overcome such a burdensome requirement?
Just goes to show that the discrimination argument is a boogeyman.
I don't think there is another state in the land with as many minorities as California and yet our identification laws have never been a problem or a burden to anyone.

SassyLady
05-11-2012, 01:12 AM
Just goes to show that the discrimination argument is a boogeyman.
I don't think there is another state in the land with as many minorities as California and yet our identification laws have never been a problem or a burden to anyone.

So, you agree that anyone voting should have a valid I.D. and that it be presented before being allowed to vote? If it is not a burden to obtain, then everyone should have one, correct?

Thunderknuckles
05-11-2012, 09:54 AM
So, you agree that anyone voting should have a valid I.D. and that it be presented before being allowed to vote? If it is not a burden to obtain, then everyone should have one, correct?
Absolutely.

I think the only snafu we ran into when we last talked about this was the fact that most states charge for an ID card and I think that ran afoul of some legaleze about taxing and the right to vote....maybe get Conhog back in here for that one. In any case, the ID should be FREE.

jimnyc
05-11-2012, 10:23 AM
Absolutely.

I think the only snafu we ran into when we last talked about this was the fact that most states charge for an ID card and I think that ran afoul of some legaleze about taxing and the right to vote....maybe get Conhog back in here for that one. In any case, the ID should be FREE.

As Americans, we need to provide ID for many, many things. I believe at this point I need not give the list of things again. The amount people have spent to get ID in order to obtain these other things should be the same as if someone needs an ID to vote.

Nukeman
05-11-2012, 10:37 AM
Absolutely.

State of Indiana REQUIRES a state issued ID to vote, guess what they do. Every election cycle they keep the BMV open late to allow folks to come in and get a FREE I.D.

Gee imagine that, now the "burdon" is gone.... I have to show my ID for primaries and everything.. Like the fact that NO ONE can vote in my absence..

Thunderknuckles
05-11-2012, 10:53 AM
State of Indiana REQUIRES a state issued ID to vote, guess what they do. Every election cycle they keep the BMV open late to allow folks to come in and get a FREE I.D.

Gee imagine that, now the "burdon" is gone.... I have to show my ID for primaries and everything.. Like the fact that NO ONE can vote in my absence..
There you go. Indiana makes a good standard by which to follow.

Gator Monroe
05-11-2012, 01:45 PM
The Children & Grandchildren of Open Borders Far Left & Left will die in large numbers at the hands of Illegals & their offspring .