PDA

View Full Version : Obama is now backing gay marriage.

Wind Song
05-10-2012, 10:09 AM
It's about time. Just in time for re-election.

http://blogs.wsj.com/wsjam/2012/05/10/obama-backs-gay-marriage/?mod=google_news_blog

jimnyc
05-10-2012, 10:12 AM
I wonder how that will affect the 32 or so states that have already voted on the topic and banned it within their states charter, and now define it strictly as between one man and one woman? Obama may have reversed course a bit, but it seems that the states that have opportunities to let the people vote, are against gay marriage.

Wind Song
05-10-2012, 10:16 AM
Let's see how it plays out. Frankly, I'm annoyed that he's doing this for re-election. He's had four years to show support for the GBLT community.

PostmodernProphet
05-10-2012, 10:20 AM
I wonder if liberals will vote for him now......

jimnyc
05-10-2012, 10:26 AM
Let's see how it plays out. Frankly, I'm annoyed that he's doing this for re-election. He's had four years to show support for the GBLT community.

I applaud you for seeing his stance for what it is! If he TRULY backed it, he could have made differences. He's only saying as much now to garner votes. He's MUCH worse than someone like Romney who states he was against it back in Mass. and remains against it. Obama is a liar.

MtnBiker
05-10-2012, 10:56 AM

http://blogs.wsj.com/wsjam/2012/05/10/obama-backs-gay-marriage/?mod=google_news_blog

The headline should read "Obama realizes he supports gay marriage and he is the last one to know it"

It is not just in time for re-election, it is just in time for a Hollywood fundraiser at Cloney house.

By the way he did not support any policy, just his personal opinion.

I wonder when he is going to affrim to the world that after long evolving consideration and counsel from his wife he personally is now for whole wheat pancakes on Sunday morning.

MtnBiker
05-10-2012, 10:58 AM

He also waited until after the North Carolina vote, hmmmm.

libertine
05-10-2012, 01:06 PM
I don't care what his reasons are, or the timing. I'm just glad taken a stand in favor of it. :clap:

Wind Song
05-10-2012, 01:09 PM
I don't care what his reasons are, or the timing. I'm just glad taken a stand in favor of it. :clap:

He's done the right thing for the wrong reasons.

fj1200
05-10-2012, 01:09 PM
Obama: A Profile in Courage!

Not coming soon.

Wind Song
05-10-2012, 01:11 PM
I'm a liberal and I'm NOT happy with Obama. I must admit in my adult voting life I feel I'm always voting for lesser of the two evils.

libertine
05-10-2012, 01:20 PM
He's done the right thing for the wrong reasons.

So what? I don't give a shit. It's the stand he took that matters, not why he took it.

tailfins
05-10-2012, 01:27 PM
I'm a liberal and I'm NOT happy with Obama. I must admit in my adult voting life I feel I'm always voting for lesser of the two evils.

He could auction off his gay rights policy on Ebay and you will still vote for him. Who are you kidding? A liberal is a liberal first before all else.

jimnyc
05-10-2012, 01:44 PM

FOR VOTES...

WHAT has he done to actually help gay couples, outside of lip service for votes?

Missileman
05-10-2012, 01:46 PM
He could auction off his gay rights policy on Ebay and you will still vote for him. Who are you kidding? A liberal is a liberal first before all else.

You got that right!

I caught a little bit of a black radio talk show this morning and it seems the church-going black folk find themselves in a quandry. The vast majority of them are against gay marriage. Their pastors preach against gay marriage. Now their supreme leader has come out in favor of it...what's a voter to do? Vote race or vote conscience? The hand-wringing commences.

jimnyc
05-10-2012, 01:47 PM
You got that right!

I caught a little bit of a black radio talk show this morning and it seems the church-going black folk find themselves in a quandry. The vast majority of them are against gay marriage. Their pastors preach against gay marriage. Now their supreme leader has come out in favor of it...what's a voter to do? Vote race or vote conscience? The hand-wringing commences.

I hate to say it, but as Wesley Snipes once stated "Always bet on black". MOST black folks will vote for him no matter what he says or does.

Wind Song
05-10-2012, 01:54 PM

That's the usual stereotype. If I could trust Romney on social issues I'd vote for him. He's a likeable enough fellow, he's a successful businessman, devoted to his family and religion. I respect all that.

MtnBiker
05-10-2012, 01:54 PM
I hate to say it, but as Wesley Snipes once stated "Always bet on black". MOST black folks will vote for him no matter what he says or does.

Yup, there is a lot of truth to that. But it does make you wonder if the unemployed church going black guy is just not going to vote this time.

Wind Song
05-10-2012, 02:30 PM
You wish the unemployed black guy won't vote. I HOPE THEY ALL VOTE.

Nukeman
05-10-2012, 02:37 PM
So what? I don't give a shit. It's the stand he took that matters, not why he took it.This is such a STUPID comment I don't even know where to begin. Are you also one that thinks the ends justify the means???

logroller
05-10-2012, 02:37 PM
Obama: A Profile in Courage!

Not coming soon.

They could sell it as a mockumentary.

Not unlike the majority of the voting population, most black voters don't vote.

jimnyc
05-10-2012, 02:39 PM
Not unlike the majority of the voting population, most black voters don't vote.

But Obama is going to pay for their gas and mortgages!! :lol:

MtnBiker
05-10-2012, 02:42 PM

Wondering about something and wishing for something are not the same.

Wind Song
05-10-2012, 02:47 PM
Some folks have despair work to do before they can move ahead.

Kathianne
05-10-2012, 04:14 PM

Ya think? It's called, 'pandering' and his 'opinion' is now in line with Dick Cheney's. Big whoop! Changes nothing.

Abbey Marie
05-10-2012, 04:16 PM
The headline should read "Obama realizes he supports gay marriage and he is the last one to know it"

It is not just in time for re-election, it is just in time for a Hollywood fundraiser at Cloney house.

By the way he did not support any policy, just his personal opinion.

I wonder when he is going to affrim to the world that after long evolving consideration and counsel from his wife he personally is now for whole wheat pancakes on Sunday morning.

You racist!

tailfins
05-10-2012, 04:20 PM

You mean like the "hope" in the White House? Keep on wishing. Wish in one hand and defecate in the other and tell us which one fills up first.

Wind Song
05-10-2012, 04:21 PM
I want EVERYONE's vote to count. I want every citizen to vote.

Trigg
05-10-2012, 05:02 PM

MOST blacks vote dem every time anyway.

They won't vote against him.........but they MIGHT stay home on election night. :thumb:

ConHog
05-10-2012, 05:07 PM

He is also obviously pro bestiality, I mean look at Michelle.

bada bing

Wind Song
05-10-2012, 05:11 PM
He is also obviously pro bestiality, I mean look at Michelle.

bada bing

What do you mean? She's gorgeous.

Trigg
05-10-2012, 05:16 PM

:lol:

ConHog
05-10-2012, 05:16 PM
I want EVERYONE's vote to count. I want every citizen to vote.

You do? I don't . I think we should have qualifications. If you've been on welfare for more than 1 year out of the previous 4 , no vote. If you didn't graduate HS or have a GDE equivalent, no vote. If you can't pass a simple civics quiz, no vote. if you can't produce valid ID, no vote..............

Race/sex/religion/political persuasion? Has no bearing on whether yoou can vote or not.

Kathianne
05-10-2012, 05:17 PM
I'm not gay, but I'd resent the politics underlying this non-actionable announcement. That's just me.

ConHog
05-10-2012, 05:18 PM

oh and PS that bitch can go fuck herself with her "for the first time in my adult life.............." bullshit.

jimnyc
05-10-2012, 05:19 PM

WS made a funny! LOL

Either that or she is fond of primates. :laugh:

Wind Song
05-10-2012, 05:22 PM
You do? I don't . I think we should have qualifications. If you've been on welfare for more than 1 year out of the previous 4 , no vote. If you didn't graduate HS or have a GDE equivalent, no vote. If you can't pass a simple civics quiz, no vote. if you can't produce valid ID, no vote..............

Race/sex/religion/political persuasion? Has no bearing on whether yoou can vote or not.

We already have voter qualifications.

ConHog
05-10-2012, 05:30 PM
We already have voter qualifications.

no we don't. You don't even have to take your fat ass down to the precinct if you don't want to. Seriously, we take NO precautions to make sure people who shouldn't be voting aren't voting.

Of course I fully admit that I believe most Americans are idiots and since I believe idiots shouldn't be allowed to vote well it would limit the number of voters in this country lol

Wind Song
05-10-2012, 05:36 PM
no we don't. You don't even have to take your fat ass down to the precinct if you don't want to. Seriously, we take NO precautions to make sure people who shouldn't be voting aren't voting.

Of course I fully admit that I believe most Americans are idiots and since I believe idiots shouldn't be allowed to vote well it would limit the number of voters in this country lol

I see. You're an aristocrat. Only the manner born should have a voice.

Kathianne
05-10-2012, 05:43 PM

If you can't type the correct moniker for GED, no vote. ;)

What is wrong with a GED and vote anyways? I'll give you the idea that it's better to stay and graduate, but there are a myriad of ways to opt out, bullying being one.

jimnyc
05-10-2012, 05:43 PM

I know - we have qualifications, but after you "qualify" - you need not even prove who you are when showing up! If someone can show up at a precinct and make believe they are Eric Holder, when they are even a totally different race - that SCREAMS "We need ID at the polls".

Kathianne
05-10-2012, 05:45 PM
I know - we have qualifications, but after you "qualify" - you need not even prove who you are when showing up! If someone can show up at a precinct and make believe they are Eric Holder, when they are even a totally different race - that SCREAMS "We need ID at the polls".

One would think, especially with this true example. Alas, the left...

Wind Song
05-10-2012, 05:47 PM
"Working slobs" who don't have a GED or high school education still pay taxes. They get to vote too. They are the backbone of our country.

ConHog
05-10-2012, 05:47 PM
I see. You're an aristocrat. Only the manner born should have a voice.

Let me tell you where I came from

Yes, my parents have money, they had money when I was younger to. But when I turned 16 my dad told me that after high school he would give me $500 and then I had 2 months to either find a job and start paying rent or move out; and that I would always be welcome home to visit; but not to stay; and that I was expected to make it on my own as an adult.

So I studied hard , worked hard, educated myself, and supported myself and my family. My parents have never given me a dime. Everything I have is due to the hard work of my wife and I (well okay I DID inherit my farm from my grandfather, but that was also due to my being the one who was taking care of it for the last 7 years of my grandfather's life.)

Guess what else, my story is NOT unique.

jimnyc
05-10-2012, 05:49 PM
"Working slobs" who don't have a GED or high school education still pay taxes. They get to vote too. They are the backbone of our country.

If someone is working and paying taxes, they likely have ID to present at the polls, or at least the $5 to get an ID in order to vote.

ConHog
05-10-2012, 05:53 PM

I would really like to see the numbers on how many people in this country who don't have either a HS diploma nor a GED are employed.. I would bet that most aren't. Hell even McDonalds wants at minimum a GED.

Wind Song
05-10-2012, 05:53 PM

Yes, my parents have money, they had money when I was younger to. But when I turned 16 my dad told me that after high school he would give me $500 and then I had 2 months to either find a job and start paying rent or move out; and that I would always be welcome home to visit; but not to stay; and that I was expected to make it on my own as an adult.

So I studied hard , worked hard, educated myself, and supported myself and my family. My parents have never given me a dime. Everything I have is due to the hard work of my wife and I (well okay I DID inherit my farm from my grandfather, but that was also due to my being the one who was taking care of it for the last 7 years of my grandfather's life.)

My parents didn't have money. My dad didn't want me to go to college. He just wanted to me to get married and have babies. He couldn't see my future as any brighter than working as a waitress or a LPN. Not even an RN.

I didn't inherit a thing when either parent died. The rest is similar to you. Hard work, education, paying off student loans and supporting myself and my family.

ConHog
05-10-2012, 05:54 PM
If someone is working and paying taxes, they likely have ID to present at the polls, or at least the $5 to get an ID in order to vote.

And if they don't , I'm happy to give them a Lincoln to get one.

Wind Song
05-10-2012, 05:54 PM
I would really like to see the numbers on how many people in this country who don't have either a HS diploma nor a GED are employed.. I would bet that most aren't. Hell even McDonalds wants at minimum a GED.

The Civil Right's Act of 1964 did away with literacy tests and as a result more blacks were able to vote.

jimnyc
05-10-2012, 05:55 PM
And if they don't , I'm happy to give them a Lincoln to get one.

But thanks to the Democrats trying to keep a voter base, the fraud will continue. I think that guy should have actually voted as Eric Holder, to prove a point.

ConHog
05-10-2012, 05:55 PM
My parents didn't have money. My dad didn't want me to go to college. He just wanted to me to get married and have babies. He couldn't see my future as any brighter than working as a waitress or a LPN. Not even an RN.

I didn't inherit a thing when either parent died. The rest is similar to you. Hard work, education, paying off student loans and supporting myself and my family.

and you're insane, so if you can do it, anyone can.....................:laugh:

I'm just kidding you Dorothy........ But seriously there is ZERO excuses for not having a HS diploma in this country, you have to admit that.

ConHog
05-10-2012, 05:56 PM
The Civil Right's Act of 1964 did away with literacy tests and as a result more blacks were able to vote.

I already stipulated that race should NEVER have anything to do with voting.

ConHog
05-10-2012, 05:58 PM
But thanks to the Democrats trying to keep a voter base, the fraud will continue. I think that guy should have actually voted as Eric Holder, to prove a point.

Yep, if they would simply stop delaying the Real ID Act, this would no longer be an issue.

Wind Song
05-10-2012, 06:00 PM
and you're insane, so if you can do it, anyone can.....................:laugh:

I'm just kidding you Dorothy........ But seriously there is ZERO excuses for not having a HS diploma in this country, you have to admit that.

True enough in one way, but it's not true always that everyone has the ability to get a GED. My father didn't get his until he was 40. He'd had to drop out of school to help the family and then he was in a mental hospital for over a decade.

ConHog
05-10-2012, 06:02 PM
True enough in one way, but it's not true always that everyone has the ability to get a GED. My father didn't get his until he was 40. He'd had to drop out of school to help the family and then he was in a mental hospital for over a decade.

Judging by the stories you've told your dad is definitely one of those I wouldn't want voting. Sorry but it's the truth.

Wind Song
05-10-2012, 06:08 PM
Judging by the stories you've told your dad is definitely one of those I wouldn't want voting. Sorry but it's the truth.

Why is that? Are people with mental illness prohibited from voting? No. Are gay men prohibited from voting? No. Are high school dropouts prohibited from voting? No.

You are a class snob.

You also just attacked my family.

ConHog
05-10-2012, 06:14 PM
Why is that? Are people with mental illness prohibited from voting? No. Are gay men prohibited from voting? No. Are high school dropouts prohibited from voting? No.

You are a class snob.

HIGH SCHOOL DROPOUTS AND MENTALLY ILL NO VOTE!! call it what you will.

Wind Song
05-10-2012, 06:18 PM
HIGH SCHOOL DROPOUTS AND MENTALLY ILL NO VOTE!! call it what you will.

I'll call it what it is. Illegal and elitist.

ConHog
05-10-2012, 06:23 PM
I'll call it what it is. Illegal and elitist.

And THAT kinda thinking is why were in the trouble we're in.

"oh let's let every idiot and moron vote"

Wind Song
05-10-2012, 06:25 PM
And THAT kinda thinking is why were in the trouble we're in.

"oh let's let every idiot and moron vote"

Do homeless people have citizen rights? Yes, they do. So far, consider all the groups of citizens you'd like to deny the vote to. Having you ever worked a polling booth?

ConHog
05-10-2012, 06:27 PM
Do homeless people have citizen rights? Yes, they do. So far, consider all the groups of citizens you'd like to deny the vote to.

Did I say having a home should be a requirement to vote? Nope.

jimnyc
05-10-2012, 06:29 PM

So long as they can produce ID anyway, showing at the very least that they are who they claim they are.

Wind Song
05-10-2012, 06:30 PM

Oh goodie.

ConHog
05-10-2012, 06:32 PM
So long as they can produce ID anyway, showing at the very least that they are who they claim they are.

Valid Point, and I have to admit, I'm not sure the government will issue an ID that says "Mr Smith cardboard box under stairs on 3rd street" LOL

Wind Song
05-10-2012, 06:37 PM
You should see some of addresses in our county. We have a lot of people living in tents in the woods.

ConHog
05-10-2012, 06:39 PM
You should see some of addresses in our county. We have a lot of people living in tents in the woods.

If they have ID that proves who they are and they have at least a GED and can pass a simple civics quiz, let 'em vote.

Likewise I don't care if a person had a billion dollars, and in IQ of 180 if he doesn't have ID or can't pass a civics quiz, fuck him no vote.

Wind Song
05-10-2012, 06:41 PM
If they have ID that proves who they are and they have at least a GED and can pass a simple civics quiz, let 'em vote.

Likewise I don't care if a person had a billion dollars, and in IQ of 180 if he doesn't have ID or can't pass a civics quiz, fuck him no vote.

The world according to King Hog........

Kathianne
05-10-2012, 06:45 PM

Untrue. It well may be your story, but it's far from the norm. Few, thankfully, tell sophomores in high school to pay rent or get the hell out of the house.

ConHog
05-10-2012, 06:48 PM
Untrue. It well may be your story, but it's far from the norm. Few, thankfully, tell sophomores in high school to pay rent or get the hell out of the house.

I think either you misread or wasn't clear. He was talking about after I graduated HS. Just giving me advanced warning.

Wind Song
05-10-2012, 06:52 PM
The minute I got a job when I was in high school I had to start paying my dad rent.

Kathianne
05-10-2012, 07:34 PM
I think either you misread or wasn't clear. He was talking about after I graduated HS. Just giving me advanced warning.

My bad. Upon rereading saw the 'after high school.' My apologies.

ConHog
05-10-2012, 07:35 PM
My bad. Upon rereading saw the 'after high school.' My apologies.

No big thing.

tailfins
05-11-2012, 07:25 AM
Back to the original topic. Obama is playing the gay community as suckers. Obama hasn't signed the non-discrimination executive order for federal contracts and hasn't moved to make gay marriage part of the Democrat party platform.

fj1200
05-11-2012, 12:42 PM
So what? I don't give a shit. It's the stand he took that matters, not why he took it.

So you're pleased with Cheney's position on the matter then?

Kathianne
05-20-2012, 02:12 AM

I'll wait for you to return. Question though, does Obama really support what he claims to? Does he really claim to?

http://www.jammiewf.com/2012/heroic-courageous-gay-president-steers-clear-of-prop-8-in-california/

Heroic, Courageous Gay President Steers Clear of Prop 8 in California Posted by Jammie (http://www.jammiewf.com/author/jammie/) on May 19, 2012 at 9:30 am

Let’s face it, his “historic” courage only goes so far. Besides, these folks understand they’re being used (http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2012/05/19/MNEG1OH3AD.DTL&tsp=1), right?

Last week, the president made history by telling an ABC News interviewer that gays and lesbians deserve the same marital rights as any other Americans.
But in the same interview, Obama repeatedly declared that marriage should be defined by the states rather than the federal government, a stance that differentiates him from Republican rival Mitt Romney, who favors a U.S. constitutional amendment prohibiting same-sex marriage and possibly civil unions as well.
Obama didn’t give a direct answer when asked whether he would instruct the Justice Department to join suits against states that ban same-sex marriage – an apparent reference to the California case, the only one now in federal court.
But hey, that Koolaid is still quite tasty, even if it’s hard to swallow.

“The president made a brave and important statement about his personal views. … He wasn’t getting into legal strategy,” said Theodore Boutrous, a lawyer for same-sex couples and a gay-rights group that sued to overturn the California measure.
Really brave of him to avoid a case in a state where he’s a lead-pipe cinch to win in November. We may as well start naming streets after him.

I hate being used, for any reason.

DragonStryk72
05-20-2012, 02:50 AM
I'll wait for you to return. Question though, does Obama really support what he claims to? Does he really claim to?

http://www.jammiewf.com/2012/heroic-courageous-gay-president-steers-clear-of-prop-8-in-california/

I hate being used, for any reason.

Same here. This is what drives me nuts, is when you see such a blatant flip on an issue. The one thing Obama really had on his side was the fact that Romney had flipped on so many issues, and now he's flipping... but not entirely. Actually, had he gone after Prop 8, it would've cemented something more than a blatant political grab, but no, this is lip service for votes. Gays should be offended at such a clear cut manipulation of their sympathies.

Binky
05-20-2012, 09:39 PM
It can go one of two ways. Either there's a huge onslaught of Americans that are pissed off enough about it to not vote for him. Or...........there are such a vast majority of homosexuals that embrace him and bow to his feet and then jump up to sniff his ass in jubilee. Either way, it'll be interesting to see how the tide comes in. Could be Obama has sealed his fate by endorcing homosexuality. We'll be finding out in six months.

Kathianne
05-20-2012, 10:47 PM
I don't think in general that likely voters give a damn about any gay issues. OTOH, Obama's black support may have a significant percentage not show up. Thus the reason for NAACP backing gay marriage, trying to change the feelings in black community. I really don't know how that gambit will play.

ConHog
05-20-2012, 11:43 PM
I don't think in general that likely voters give a damn about any gay issues. OTOH, Obama's black support may have a significant percentage not show up. Thus the reason for NAACP backing gay marriage, trying to change the feelings in black community. I really don't know how that gambit will play.

If the white sympathy vote wisens up this time obamas minoritoes wont be able to save his ass.

Oh abd he doesnt give a shit about gays

Kathianne
05-21-2012, 12:00 AM
If the white sympathy vote wisens up this time obamas minoritoes wont be able to save his ass.

Oh abd he doesnt give a shit about gays

You may be right, but I doubt there are hoards of whites or blacks clamoring for Obama. That's his problem. There will be a turnout for Romney, it may be more a vote against Obama, but the vote will be cast.

ConHog
05-21-2012, 12:39 AM
You may be right, but I doubt there are hoards of whites or blacks clamoring for Obama. That's his problem. There will be a turnout for Romney, it may be more a vote against Obama, but the vote will be cast.

A vote against obama is good enough